Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Last Moments

Ginnem: Sacrifice

by Oceana 1 review

Ginnem's last wish was to see Lulu got out of the Cavern of Stolen Fayth safe.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Lulu, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-10 - Updated: 2006-09-10 - 456 words

0Unrated
She had hoped to acquire the strength of Yojimbo when she decided to risk their lives venturing into the dangerous cave. What Yojimbo had asked from her infuriated her, she lectured the Fayth and pulled her young guardian out of his chamber with her.

The trip to his chamber had been difficult, Lulu was young and was yet a seasoned guardian, though she had tried her best to assist Ginnem in every way she could. Fiends lurked in every corners of the dark cavern and Ginnem was starting to get tired; yet they could still yet to see the exit of this nightmare.

As the number of fiends gathered quickly, Ginnem knew it had been a mistake to enter this place carelessly. She looked at Lulu who was panting and yet wouldn't show a sign of weakening.

/I'm so sorry, Lulu. It was my fault/.

Lulu's magic was starting to weaken, her strength slipping away and her legs gave way that she was unable to stand up without struggling. The fiends were looking at the pair hungrily, ready to tear them apart. Ginnem contemplated, she could only do one more summoning, and her Aeons were heavily bruised and tired due to her inability to support them totally.

She began to think back on the day she had first became a summoner, and the day she met her guardian at Besaid. There were happy days when she would teach the young woman on many things about a summoner's pilgrimage, and the many nights when the thought of Final Summoning would send them both to sink into a poignant silence.

Ginnem moved towards Lulu and held onto her shoulders gently, the young mage looked up to her summoner who had a faint smile on her face. She didn't have the time to react when she realized a gust of wind behind her, Valefor grabbed onto her bruised body and began to fly away from Ginnem as fast as it could.

Lulu's eyes widened as she finally realized what just happened, she yelled at the Aeon to put her down and let her go back to save her summoner. She could not communicate with Valefor, but for that very moment she did thought she heard a gentle voice echoing in her head.

/It was Lady Ginnem's wish for you to leave here safely/.

Her brows furrowed and she bit on her lips, yelling Ginnem's name. It seemed like forever, when the sight of the huge number of fiends jumping onto her summoner.

She saw an apologetic smile on Ginnem as she stood, the vicious fangs of the fiends began to bite onto her and tearing her apart, forming a rain of blood that never stopped falling in Lulu's dreams.
Sign up to rate and review this story