Categories > Original > Romance > You're My Anchor (Teen Wolf Fanfic)

Wrong Locker

by princeobrien 0 reviews

Lillian Sanders, a total social outcast, is abruptly moved from her hometown to Beacon Hills during junior year. There, she unintentionally catches the attention of Stiles Stilinski, boyfriend to h...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] [Y] - Published: 2016-06-27 - Updated: 2016-06-28 - 3565 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Wrong Locker

Beacon Hills County.

(Small town. Huge Possibilities.)

Lillian's eyes scanned over the wooden words as her father's car drove by, the noticeably old sign had seen better days as it appeared faded, with the green hills drowned out and the yellow font chipped at the edges. This was it. Her new home until she was off to college. She couldn't believe that he said yes. The anger and frustration she had with her father was evident as she had had her arms crossed ever since the car ride began. The air was noticeably tense between the two, as it had been for awhile, as both of their eyes focused on the long stretched out road ahead. Nothing struck her as appealing, and soon her eyes flickered down to her phone. She hates it here and they haven't even been there for five minutes. She's heard the stories of this town, all of the strange, unexplainable incidents that took place. She's not stupid, and neither is her dad- Beacon Hills is dangerous. However, she kept her protests to herself. Her dad wasn't going to listen, and it was too late. Their new home was ready, and she was already transferred to the high school in the area. Just the thought alone of having to go to an entire new high school, not that the last one was any better, made her feel as though she was on edge. The mere thought made her feel sick to her stomach, and it felt as though she couldn't breathe.

"I think you'll like it here, the school is great and...," her father's voice drifted in the close proximity, and soon Lillian tuned out his voice as she got lost in thought. As she usually does when she does this, she nods to show her apparent acknowledgement, but really his voice faded into nothingness..

A few days later, after emptying the moving truck and filling in their new house, it was Lillian's first day at her new school. The nerves had set in as soon as she woke up, and in an effort to not go, she tried to play sick.. Emphasis on tried. Her father saw right through it, and instead of being able to stay at home, she had less time to get ready. Her fingers drummed on her backpack as she bounced in her seat, beginning to see teenagers walking in the direction they were driving. The longer they went north, the more and more people she saw, all with backpacks or bags over their shoulders.

"Ready for your first day?" she glanced over at her dad, and sighed.

"I guess I have to be.."

"I'll be at the police station by the time you get out of school, so you're going to have to ask for a ride home," her eyes widen a bit as he said this. Her objective of the day was to get through with minimal talking. But of course he was oblivious to the fact that she had zero social skills. Hell, he thought that she was going to miss all of her 'old friends' back in Diamond Heights. When in reality, she only had two max, whom she rarely spoke to unless they needed something from her. At this point, she's about to oppose his statement, and ask if he can just pick her up, but they are already in the school parking lot, in the long row of cars trying to get in and out. Hesitantly, she hops out the car, feet planted on the cement, and shuts the door. As soon as she hears the door close her heart drops, knowing that she can't go back. She suddenly feels insecure, crossing her arms over her new sweater, and with her head low, speed walks to the entrance. She navigates through the crowd, half the people not even knowing she's there as for one minute she's behind them and the next she's past the double doors. She pauses for a bit as she looks throughout the mass of bodies. Not a single face she knows. That feeling alone makes her feel inferior and alone. Thankful that she already got her locker assigned, her classes scheduled, and her books delivered to her aforementioned locker, she heads straight there, praying that she's on the right path, wanting to avoid having to ask anyone. She glances at the locker numbers, and find them hard to read as she has to squint to make out the lettering.

Dammit, forgot my glasses.

She sighs in frustration as she has to move closer to the metal doors, adjusting her eyesight to see what number she's at.

Come on, where's 126?.. Ugh, is that it? ... I think that's it.. Right?

She debates in her head if what she's seeing is right. The seven minute bell goes off, and people move a bit faster in the hallways. Taking the risk, she starts to put in the combination that she memorized. And hopes that it works on the first try.

"Switched?" Scott exclaims as he walks side by side with his best friend, "How many of your classes?"

"Like 3," Stiles sighs as he looks down at his new schedule. It's a new semester, and it's already starting off on the wrong foot, "Algebra II with you, and World Studies and English with Lydia and Megan."

"How's Megan doing by the way?" Scott asks in somewhat of a bland tone, Stiles ignores this however, focusing too much on all the new classes. They are all at the same level, nothing higher or lower, but are rearranged. He never asked for a change, and it was just given to him not even ten minutes ago.

"She's doing fine, her birthday's in a few months."

"Yeah..?"

"Remember last time when I forgot about it?" Stiles shivers at the flashback, "And we weren't even dating then. I have to start planning early.. I was thinking of giving her..."

"What?" Scott notices that his friend had stopped talking, and looking up from the ground, he glances at him and follows the direction of his eyes. The golden brown hues are focused on brunette girl who's at his locker. Stiles cocks his head to the side, glancing down at schedule, and then back at her a couple times, "Did they change your locker too?"

"No, no they didn't."

Stiles hands, or rather shoves, the light blue paper into Scott's chest. He walks over to the side of the hallway, and stops when he's about two lockers away from her. He gets a good look at her profile, seeing her long, dark eyelashes, from where he was standing, and her cheekbones. The way she was biting the side of her lip as she was trying to concentrate. He even caught the occasional soft freckles that scattered, they weren't really noticeable unless you really look, on her nose, which were upturned as she squinted. He mentally stops himself when he realizes that he's staring, and moves in closer until he's to the locker by her side.

"Uh, hi," he greets. He sees that she tenses up just at the sound of his voice. Her eyes don't seem to want to meet his or any part of him in that case, but after a moment, they reach up to his eyes, and Stiles gazes back into the chocolate brown hues, and then they quickly retreat back the metal door, "That's my, uh, locker."

It takes her a moment for it to finally register that for the past two minutes she was trying to break into someone else's locker. Embarrassed, her face turns to a light pink.

"S-Sorry," she tells him in a low voice, to the point that he can barely hear, but also understands.

"I'm guessing you're new. Uh, what locker were you looking for?"

"..126."

"Oh, that's right here," he points to the locker directly next to his', 128, and gives it a light tap. All of the lockers on their side are evenly numbered. As he looks back at her face, there's a drain in color for a split moment as she realizes that she's right next to him.

"O-Okay," she says under her breath, and puts the combination in again, and as soon as she the last digit is entered, as if like magic, it opens. Again, embarrassment washed over her body.

"What class do you have?" his voice makes her jump as she didn't realize he was still there. With shaky fingers she gets ahold of her new Physics book. Her digits trembling as they tap alongside the cover.

"U-Uh, I have to.. go.." she shuts the door, and with her head down low walks past him, a bit confused at her shyness, Stiles watches as she leaves.

"Name's Stiles... by the way," he attempts to say, but before he's done, she turns the corner and is out of earshot, "Huh.. Well that was.. that.." he speaks his thoughts out loud, still looking down the hallway where she once was. Scott strolls over to his friends, shoving the schedule right back into his chest with a light smirk.

"You really know how to talk to girls," Scott teases, hearing the whole thing, and cringing the entire time.

"Ha ha," Stiles sarcastically says with a glare, "How were her chemo-signals?"

"Jumpy, nothing odd though, she isn't supernatural. Just.. shy."

"Yeah, I saw that," the two minute bell rings, and Stiles runs his hand through his hair, "Gotta go. See you later."

Scott watches as his friend leaves, who looks at bit confused as he goes down one hallway and then a few moments later comes back and goes down the other one. Scott bites his lip, wanting to tell his friend something else, but not knowing if he should. About his chemo-signals. How Stiles deep down felt as he spoke to the girl for the first time.

Infatuation..

Adoration..

And an unknown fondness...

He didn't even think that Stiles knew he felt this way. Scott could practically feel everything. The girl's wasn't anything different, but everything was masked with nervousness and fear. But feeling as though telling Stiles all of this wasn't the best idea, he just sighed as he went off to his first period. Keeping their first encounter in the back of his mind.

Stiles went down several hallways he wasn't used to at this time of day. He usually had his Physics class at the end of the day, but now it was the first. As he was trying to navigate, he felt arms around his waist from behind, judging from the grip, he knew it was Megan without looking.

"Oh, hey, Me-" Stiles was interrupted as a rough pair of lips slammed into his. He stopped walking entirely to pull her away. She smiled up at him, mischief in her eyes.

"Hey babe," her eyes glowed a neon yellow and Stiles' eyes widen as he started to panic a bit, pulling her away, and looking around to make sure no one was around.

"Megan, your eyes," he hisses low, "I thought you said you were working on it."

"I mean.. I have," she tries to convince him, but he looks at her sternly. It's been four months, she's not entirely new at this, she has to learn, "Maybe you can help me?" she said in a low, sexual tone. It was no lie that Stiles and Megan's relationship was 60% sex, and it wasn't that Stiles didn't enjoy it, he was a hormonal, teenage boy after all, but he wanted his first real relationship to be more.. innocent. And the first word to describe their relationship was: sexy. Of course, Stiles had tried multiple times to tell her this, wanting to slow things down and just be a regular couple, but it was to no avail each time it was mentioned.

"Megan, I have to-"

"Are you telling me no?"

"I'm telling you not right now," he backed her away, and she followed after him down the next hallway.

"Come on, we won't get caught."

"Actually, we have been, three times," his tone came off as a bit annoyed. And she took offense to this, walking in front of him, she stopped him again, and pulled him into a lustful kiss.

"Are you sure you want to walk away?"

"Sorry, Meg, I have to. Next time," with a sorry smile, he walked around her. He could hear her growling behind him the further and further he went.

That was it. Lillian was completely lost. The first period bell rang a few minutes ago, and she had no idea where the hell she was going. Regret for not asking anyone was starting to settle in, but a silver lining of hope came hurling at her as she saw a door with the number 201.

Yes, come on, I just need 206!

She started walking faster, finally seeing the 200 rooms making her excited as the numbers grew closer, unbeknownst to her, on the other end of the hall, Stiles was doing to same thing, not knowing she was there either.

204.. 205..and 20-

She is transferred out of mid thought as she comes to a halt at the door, Stiles doing the same as they both look at one another. Her eyes immediately widen as she sees him again.

"Hey,.. again," her nerves are shot as he attempts to talk to her once again, and instead of saying 'Hello', like a normal person, she goes into the classroom, rather loudly as all eyes are on her. Her face turns to crimson as everyone silently looks at the two of them, Stiles slowly walking in behind her, and into the awkward room with eyes in their direction.

"Mr. Stilinski, Miss. Sanders, nice for you two to join us today."

Three periods later it was lunchtime. Lillian was, somehow, able to avoid a lot of social interaction with her peers. She was seated in the back of every class she had so far, and she hadn't seen the boy since early in the morning. Yes, he was so far in two of her classes, Physics and English, which made her extremely anxious. But she hadn't seen sight of him since then,... but now there was another wall in her way. The cafeteria. She stood there for a minute, debating in her head the pros and cons of the situation, and after making up her mind, she went down the empty hallway, stopping at the vending machines before wondering off.

"Come on, Stiles," Megan's voice was hot against Stiles' ear as she tried to talk seductive, practically ripping at his shirt as she tried to pull it off. He couldn't believe he fell for it. It seemed innocent at the time when she asked him to walk to her locker, but as soon as no one was in sight, he was pulled into the janitor's closet. Now, she's on top of him trying to pry off his flannel. And his backpack was discarded without a care as she threw it in the corner.

"Meg, I'm not having sex in the janitor's closet!"

"It's not like we haven't done it before," she's managed so far to get the first few buttons off, but he's resisting as every time she's close to unbuttoning another one, he re buttons it.

"Meg!" she stops, looking into his eyes but still seems to just look through him, "What's up with you lately?"

"Stiles," she attempts to kiss him again, to shut him up, but he dodges.

"Seriously," she sighs out, re buttoning her top, seeing that he's not going to budge.

"Do.. Do you ever feel as though things are going to change..? Just like a gut feeling?" she questions him, and he's surprised at how serious she's being. He nods, "Yeah, well-" she stops, her increased hearing picking up on the squeaky wheels of the janitor's cart.

"What?.. Meg, what is it-?"

"Gotta go," she says quickly, getting off of Stiles as she grabs her bag, and fixes her blouse. She steals a kiss before dashing out. Into the hallway, and out of sight within seconds. Stiles, completely frazzled at the point, tries to recollect himself, his flannel being lopsided and his hair a mess. He snatches up his backpack, exiting the closet, before meeting the eyes of the confused janitor. Covering his face, hoping to hide his identity, he runs in the opposite direction, hearing distant yelling the further he gets. He gets lost in the hallways, trying to lose the janitor, and huffs in and out breaths of relief once he feels safe enough to stop. His ears pick up on some sort of bag being opened.. Plastic.. Turning around, he's surprised to see that the girl, the one from earlier, is sitting by herself in the empty corridor. He isn't sure how, or if, he could approach her, but his feet move on their own and before he knows it he's sliding down the locker and sits next to her. She yelps, feeling his presence, and shoves the after bottle into her mouth so she has an excuse not to speak.

"Hiya," he starts, she glances at him and then quickly averts her eyes, but catches the important details.

"Uh.. W.. What happened to your shirt.. And-and your hair?" she doesn't know him well, but she's pretty sure that his flannel was not practically ripped off and his hair was neat when they first met. Now he looks almost the complete opposite.

"Uh, let's not talk about that," he avoids the topic, trying his best to fix his hair, and rebutton his top.

"Why are you here?"

"I was going to ask you the same," he looks at her, and again she meets his eyes, and the second she does, she looks away.

"It doesn't matter," there's a pause. Stiles plays with the end of his shirt as something pops into his mind.

"I didn't catch your name."

"My name?"

"Yeah, I mean you know mine's right?" she gives him a blank look, he sighs, and he holds out his hand, "I'm Stiles."

"... Lillian," she sees that he's trying, genuinely, and with a small voice tells him her name. No one's ever been interested in knowing. So it's weird for her. And when she sees him smile, she's confused, "What?"

"That's a pretty name," her mouth opens as if she was about to speak, but nothing came out as she pulls it shut, bringing the water bottle back to her lips.

The final bell alarmed throughout the school, and all the students that had a seventh period were let out at exactly 2:30. Lillian was in no hurry to go anywhere, due to the fact that she had to walk home. She took it easy, being within the last batch of students to exit outside. As she walked down the stairs, her gaze focused on the line of vehicles, where she saw all the cars in the junior parking lot.. But there was one that really catch her eye. It was a blue jeep. She didn't know why though, there were nicer cars, but the jeep. It just stuck out. She didn't pay attention to it long though, as she looked away, and continued walking her way home.

Megan entered Stiles' jeep with apparent anger, but at the moment, Stiles didn't notice as he greeted her and pulled out of his parking spot. They got onto the road, and he glanced over, finally seeing that she was fuming in her seat as they were halfway to her house. He furrowed his brows as he kept on looking between her and the road. He didn't say anything, not wanting to get into a fight, they were about three minutes away from her house and maybe if he kept his mouth shut then-

"Who was the girl?"

Shit.

Stiles glanced over at his girlfriend, feeling his foot push harder on the accelerator. He was sure his heart was now beating out of his chest, but he didn't know why. Nothing happened. He just talked to her. That was it.

"Stiles! Tell me!" she raised her voice, and now they were in her driveway, and he was trying to find the words to calm her down.

"Meg-" he raised over, attempting to touch her arm, but she stops him as she gets ahold of it. Her hand is rough on his biceps as she stares daggers at him, her grip increasing at every second.

"Don't play this bullshit with me, Stiles!"

"Megan, stop!" her grip was getting tighter. She was strong before, and due to her now being a beta, she is even stronger, "You're hurting me!" she, relentlessly, lets go, growling under her breath as she storms out of the jeep. She runs her fingers through her hair, trying to calm herself down, before going over to Stiles' side of the car. He peers up at her, tears welling up in his eyes as he tenderly touches where the new bruise is going to be.

"Maybe next time you should listen to me," she tells him bitterly, "I still love you," she says with zero sympathy in her voice.

"I-I love you, too," he says slowly, but with all his heart. She turns around and walks up the steps into to her house. Not looking back as Stiles exits out of her driveway.
Sign up to rate and review this story