Categories > Original > Romance > You're My Anchor (Teen Wolf Fanfic)

Warnings

by princeobrien 0 reviews

Megan starts to threaten Lillian, and she gets a surprise at home.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] [Y] - Published: 2016-06-28 - 5023 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Warnings

Megan was laying low, which was unlike her, but she had her objective. She had eyes all over the school, so it wasn't long until she found out the girl's name, the girl who was talking to her boyfriend. She paid off ten people, ranging from freshmen that heard of her name multiple times from their peers in awe, to seniors that hated her guts but liked the cash. They did all the dirty work for her. They eavesdropped, questioned Stiles' teachers for names, and followed Stiles around during different parts of the day without him having any idea they were doing so. They were everywhere, all the time for three straight days. They were her eyes and ears. And when her first recruit told her the name of the girl, Megan's heart stopped. Lillian Sanders? Megan laughed it off, and immediately cut the girl off for making up lies, taking away all the money she promised (a hundred bucks a day), and threatened that if she told anyone what she did that she would "make her life a living hell.". There was no way, zero percent chance, that it could be Lillian Sanders, her Lillian Sanders. If Lillian was at her school, on her campus, she was sure that she would've found out about it by now. But when the second, third, and even fourth person confirmed that it was Lillian, showing proof with several different pictures and the same description... Megan stopped laughing. So, Lillian Sanders, the same girl that was once her best friend is in Beacon Hills? Lillian Sanders, the person that she trusted the most, who was her dearest friend, that ended up betraying her trust was here? Lillian Sanders, the girl she pushed to the ground and screamed bloody murder at for telling everyone her secret? The same Lillian that she said she hated straight to her face? Now, she just came here, and is now flirting with her boyfriend? Once again, ruining her life? It was all too perfect. It was all too coincidental. It had, it just had, to be a lie. Megan, in a fit of anger, fired all of her recruits, and just like the first one, threatened them, not fulfilling her promise to pay them and kicked them to the curb. Now, she was furious, and being a beta didn't help with that. Her room was trashed. Everything was in disarray. But she was going to get her way... She wasn't going to let someone come and snatch away what was her's.

...

There was something different about Stiles. Scott sensed it. Lydia questioned it. And even Lillian saw it. She only knew him for a day. He was in three of her classes. And they talked a couple times. And she saw it. She barely knew him, but.. something changed. It was her second day there, and immediately, as soon as she walked through the double doors of the high school something just didn't feel right. She got to her locker, receiving her physics textbook just like the day before. That's when she heard him approaching, and tensed up at his presence.. And.. Nothing happened.. His eyes were glued to the inside his locker when she glanced at him, and it was as if she wasn't even there. It was as if no one was there. Not a "Hi." or "How are you?"... nothing. The look of his face said it all, as his eyes looked like a lost soul. Something was wrong. But before she could say anything to him, before she could get out a single word, he closed his locker and walked away, and as he left he glanced back at her. They met eye to eye, but she didn't understand the conversation he was trying to have with her. The silent words ended as soon as they began as he was gone and around the corner. She didn't have heightened senses, or chemo-signals, but the way he looked at her for those 2 seconds confirmed that he wasn't okay. Now, it was her fifth day, and she swore that those suspicions were right. Again, she was at her locker early in the morning, thinking about if she should talk to Stiles, what she would say to him. She had let a few days pass, and now it was really bugging her. She wasn't a person to initiate a conversation, and on her first day, she was used to him doing it, even if she wasn't always willing to communicate back. But now, it was bothering her at how miserable he seemed. Between the time they went home on her first day to the time they got back on her second, something noticeably shifted in him. She prepared herself to talk to him, as soon as she saw him she promised to herself.

It was going to be simple right? Just having a normal conversation?

"H-Hey," she stammered as soon as he walked over to his locker. He glanced at her, struggling to smile as if everything was fine.

"Hi," he said low. She saw that he was favoring his right arm, hissing under his breath as he lifted it to reach for his book. He noticed that she saw this, and made an explanation right away, without a second thought, "Hurt my arm practicing for lacrosse, it's a bit sore," she squinted her eyes, not buying it as she thought of something else to say. She wasn't good at this.

"Is... is everything okay?"

"Huh?"

"It's just.. you haven't really been.. yourself," she was trying to put her thoughts together and form them into words. He gazed at her, there was a shift in his eyes, and she looked back into them, hoping that he would at least tell her that everything was truly fine and that she was thinking too much. She felt as though she was prying into his personal life. She didn't like it, but she felt as though she needed to do it.

"I'm fine," he breathed out, shutting his locker. It wasn't convincing, even though those were the words that she wanted to hear.. His eyes didn't match his words... That's when she heard the voice of another girl and her eyes flickered away from him.. to a green eyed, blonde girl approaching. Lillian's heart sank, and she sucked in a breath as her and the girl met eye to eye with her...

It couldn't be.. It wasn't possible..

"Hey, babe," she said. Her voice was all too familiar, less nasally that she remembered, but it was the same.. The girl reached up and planted a kiss on Stiles' lips, looking at Lillian with a light glare, as aforementioned boy noticeably, to Lillian, tensed up, his body language screaming that he wasn't comfortable doing this in front of Lillian. Lillian stood there uncomfortable, herself, not knowing whether she should leave or not. She felt frozen, but she could still move as her hand pushed the locker, and that's when Stiles looked back and her, and gestured to the girl with her arms around his torso.

"Lillian this is Megan. Megan, Lillian," Lillian's eyes widen as Megan just looked at her. She couldn't tell what she was thinking, as there was a blank expression on her face, but there was a sort of dark look in her eyes. She smiled, nevertheless, and extended her hand halfway to Lillian's.

"Actually, we know each other," Megan informed him, glancing at him with a smile, "We're actually best friends."

"Really?" he asked surprised and looked at Lillian for a response, but before Lillian could open her mouth, Megan spoke again.

"Yeah, known her since the second grade," the bell rang, and Lillian still felt frozen. Megan kissed him goodbye, and the both of them watched as he walked away. He glanced back at them, managing a smile in Lillian's direction, before he disappeared around the corner. That's when Megan walked closer to Lillian, no longer smiling as she looked at her with anger in her green eyes, "I know what you've been doing."

"W-What-?"

"Don't 'W-What?' me. If I were you I would watch your back, or else," her voice got low and ominous as she dared Lillian to say a word about this to Stiles, or a word to Stiles at all. Lillian stood there, blinking at her, trying to let words come out of her mouth, but all she could give was a her name in a stammered hurry.

"M-Megan-"

"I'm not going to fucking repeat myself. You. Better. Watch. Your back," as if she couldn't be scarier as this point, she got closer, her voice got lower, and Lillian saw her balling her fists at her sides. And then something strange happened. Lillian blinked a couple of times as she saw this. She didn't know if she was actually seeing it or not. But Megan's eyes. They... glowed. Lillian was at a loss for words. She's never seen this before. Anything like this before... And it honestly scared her to death.

"Your.. your eyes-"

"What?"

"They... They're.." she stuttered. Megan blinked, and as if nothing happened they changed back in an instant. She didn't stay to explain what happened, and walked past Lillian with her heels clacking against the tiled ground. Lillian tried to breathe out, but it felt as though she was in a tight space, like a wall was being pushed into her chest. It took her a minute to recollect herself, and think about what had just happened. Something weird was happening in Beacon Hills.. And she thinks she just saw a tiny glimpse into it.

...

Lillian had stayed up all night for the past two days. She couldn't sleep as there was just too much for her mind to process. First, it was Stiles. And second, it was Megan. Her once good friend is back in her life, and she absolutely hates her.. But there was one thing really bothering her. It kept on creeping up in her mind as she was going through her large stack of homework.. Megan's glowing eyes. Her neon yellow eyes that Lillian saw for exactly 5 seconds as they stood in the hallway on that Friday morning. It was Sunday night, and Lillian had homework that lasted her the entire weekend. And that was the one thing, the one thing that lasted for five seconds, that was hindering her completing even a single sheet of Algebra II... Megan's eyes. She stared at the equations for ten minutes, her mind wondering as she tried to focus.. And then she looked at her laptop that was on her desktop in her room.. Before she knew what she was doing, she was online, searching up "Glowing eyes" and "Why eyes would glow?". Within the first minute of doing this, she felt stupid. It was 11 P.M, and she was searching for why eyes glowed. She was about to close her laptop and just go to bed, but an article caught her eye.. It had been written in Beacon Hills years ago and it was labeled Mythology of Supernatural Creatures.

Supernatural? But.. there's no such thing... Right?

She scrolled down, going past the vampires and trolls info.. And that's when she stumbled upon werewolves. The mythology of werewolves had always interested her, it was admittedly fascinating.., but this really intrigued her. She read through a few paragraphs until she got to one that sent chills down her spine, and she didn't exactly know why.

Classifications:

There is a hierarchy in werewolf society in which they are placed in a pyramid like structure. At the bottom is an Omega. Omegas usually have yellow (or blue) eyes, and they do not belong to a pack, which means that they do not have an Alpha. Omegas are also known as "lone wolves", and are more at risk for being hunted as they do have the protection of a said Alpha. Next, there are Betas, whom are yellow eyed werewolves, whom belong to a pack and have a Alpha. This is an average werewolf, and they have all the powers of an Omega. At the top, there are Alphas, red eyed wolves who either took the life of their original Alpha or naturally became one, known as a True Alpha. They are the most powerful type of werewolf, and through determination and self-reliance, they are practically impossible to kill.

Lillian read over the passage a few times, eventually closing the computer completely, feeling that she read something that she shouldn't have. She jumped at the sound of a knock on her bedroom door and turned around to see her father standing there peering in.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay," he said, just returning home from work. She nodded, managing to fake a smile and he nodded in response. He went to close her door back, when Lillian called out.

"Dad," he reopened the door.

"Hm?"

".. Do you believe in the supernatural..?" it came out awkward, and she felt stupid as the word passed her lips. He raised a brow at her, and they furrowed together.

"Supernatural?"

"Yeah.. I mean this town is.. weird.. And maybe it's weird for a reason, and-"

"Lillian, come on, sweetie, don't be ridiculous. There is no such thing as the supernatural," as Lillian was starting to get excited, her father interrupted, talking to her in a negative tone and a chuckle. She paused, hoping that her father would listen to her and maybe consider her side of things, but.. He just laughed. She debated in her head if she should mention seeing Megan, and about what had happened when she looked into her eyes. But her voice got quiet and she gave up.

"Yeah, you're right.. I was just.. I'm just tired," she excused her seemingly irrational behavior and he nodded in response.

"Okay, Lil', night."

"Night."

He left, and Lillian looked down at the ground, feeling trapped in the new information she learned. Not knowing whether to believe it or not. Maybe she was just thinking too much. All of this seemed just too bizarre. In fact, that was the only really strange thing that happened. And maybe it was just the lighting. She decided to just drop the supernatural thing, sitting back down on her bed. And instead of getting back to her mountain of homework, minutes after her head hit the pillow, she was fast to sleep.

...

After about two hours of rest, and five hours of homework, it was the start of a new school week. Lillian wasn't excited at all. Since she came in the middle of the school year, even if it was the start of a new semester, she had to play catch up. The assignments didn't slow, and the teachers didn't give her any sympathy, even if she was a brand new student. They saw her grades, and knew that she would adjust just fine. There was no reason for them to slow down and wait for her. They were just going to act as if she's been there all year. Lillian entered the school, backpack heavy with papers. Not even bothering to go to her locker, she made a beeline to her Physics class. About 5 minutes earlier than the rest of the students, she turned in the weekend homework and sat at her lab table. Enjoying the few moments of quiet, she pulled out a book. She was in the middle of a paragraph when someone sat beside her. She ignored this at first, as the person didn't say anything to her, but then they cleared their throat. They wanted her attention. She slowly removed the book from her face, putting the thick, paperback book away from her eyes to see Stiles sitting next to her. She tensed up, adjusting on her stool, remembering Megan's words just three days ago. She looked around cautiously as he spoke to her.

"Uh, I just wanted to say that I am fine," she furrowed her brows, and he elaborated, "Last week, you seemed worried. But I want to assure you that everything's okay."

"..O-Okay," she said low, "That's good," she said quickly. Now he looked at her a bit more, seeing something as she glanced at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Just fine."

"No really, you have bags under your eyes. You look like you barely slept," he told her in concern. She brushed it off, seeing how seriously he was taking this. She didn't want a person she barely knew worrying about her. Just like she shouldn't worry about him, he shouldn't with her. Especially if Megan was on her back. However, in the back of her mind, she had to remind herself that he had no clue about her conflict with his girlfriend.

"I just have a lot of work to do," he looked as if he wasn't convinced, "Don't worry about me."

His eyes soften a bit, realizing that she's right, he doesn't have to.. But he does. The bell rings, and people start filing into the room. He gets up from the seat, and they share one final look before he goes to his assigned lab station at the front of the room.

...

Lillian and Stiles didn't speak much to each other for the rest of the day. Lillian's reason was due to Megan, not wanting to risk the chance of her popping up out of nowhere. And Stiles' reason was because he had a plan. Scott and Lydia were a bit surprised at his pitch, it wasn't the craziest thing that they've ever done, not in the slightest, but it wasn't something that either of them wanted to do.

"I don't know, Stiles," Scott said with a sigh. Lydia bit into her apple, pondering.

"Doesn't she have, like, major anxiety? I don't think that popping up at her house is a great idea," she eyed him, and he shrugged as he took a bite of his sandwich, "And besides, we barely know her."

"That hasn't stopped us before," he mutters. Lydia's eyes widen as she looks at Stiles, knowing exactly what he meant, and then looks at Scott to see if he has any indication of what he said. The three of them rarely mention their late friend, Allison. And Stiles' remark was on that topic, in a somewhat subtle way. He underhandedly mentioned Allison. Scott slowly stopped eating, and the expression on his face was unreadable for a minute. Both Stiles and Lydia, for a moment, were worried as they looked at each other and then back at him.. But then a light smile appeared on his face, and he looked at the both of them.

"Let's do this," Stiles smiled. He had his best friend on board. They both looked at Lydia, and she sighed.

"Okay, I'm in."

...

Lillian ruffled her fingers through her hair, trying her best not to pull it out, as she looked at the pile of books on the coffee table. She sat on her couch with homework surrounding her as she tried to start. But she just couldn't. There was so much that she had no idea where to begin. That's when her doorbell rang. She jumped and stared at the locked door. She wasn't expecting anyone, and her dad wouldn't use the doorbell. He never did.. She slowly got up, peeking outside to see a blue jeep on the curb. The same one she found interesting on her first day. Now curious, she opened the door, and there were three pairs of eyes staring back at her. Only one pair she recognized, and seeing him made get feel anxious, especially due to the fact that he was at her doorstep.

"Hey," he greeted, grinning. She gave them a nervous smile, seeing the backpacks on their shoulders, while the strawberry blonde had a purse. Lillian had seen the same two that were currently standing behind Stiles at school with the aforementioned boy. She, herself had never spoken to them, even though the girl was in her English class, and the other boy was in her P.E... Now here they all were, standing before her.

"H-Hi.. What are you guys doing here?"

"We want to help you out, so we're going to have a homework study group!' Stiles said with so much enthusiasm that when he said it out loud, it sounded better in his head. He scratches the side of his head, now seeing that it really did sound better in his head. But nonetheless, they are here. She looks at them with a seemingly terrified look.

"Here? Now..?"

"Yeah.. Can we come in?" it takes her a moment, but she moves out of the way and awkwardly gestures them inside. The girl and boy walk past her and Stiles, and she watches as they look around. Adjusting to their new surroundings. Lillian has a nice house, it being similar to Stiles and Scott's, with a second story, and a reasonable sized living room and dining area. As the two talk amongst themselves, Lillian looks back at Stiles, "You don't mind this do you?"

"You don't have to do this. Really," she sighs out. He looks at her and shrugs with a smile, a smile that she is becoming accustomed to, rather than the off mood he was in not too long ago.

"I wanted to. And you'll get along great with Scott and Lydia. I tried to get Megan to come along, but she was busy," her eyes shift from him to the two, seeing them smiling and laughing to themselves on her couch. She breaths in, glancing back at him.

"Okay," his smile brightens up, and he finally entered. She closed the door, praying to herself that everything would go smoothly. Turning around, she finds the same pair of eyes once again looking back her. They all have out books, paper, and pencils, while Stiles sticks one behind his ear.

"Okay, where do we start?" Lydia asked, Lillian smiled to herself. She was going to have to make the best out of this.

"Algebra II, Chapter 10.5."

...

At first, Lillian didn't realize it, but Stiles' idea of this get together was a success. It was 6:30, and by this time they were flying through the work and Lillian was getting along with Scott and Lydia like Stiles said she would. They were nice to her and didn't force her into conversation, which she liked, and eventually, she was comfortable enough to start talking more. Jokes were told, smiles were seen, and laughs were shared. Stiles had never heard her laugh before, and when he saw her smiling and being happy, genuinely happy, all his troubles with Megan seemed to wash away. Not once did he think of her. All he could think about was Lillian. They got done at around 7 o'clock on the dot, and they just hung out. She was hanging out like a normal teenager. She hadn't felt like this for a long time. She honestly forgot the last time she heard herself laugh. And the person that was making her laugh the most was Stiles.

"Hey, we should order a pizza," Scott mentioned. They all nodded, and not before long, Scott pulled out his phone, and was calling the group's favorite pizza place that Lillian hasn't tried yet. Around twenty minutes passed and the doorbell went off again. Lillian excused herself, heading for the door. Expecting it to be the pizza delivery person, she started to get out the money that they all split ready and was already giving her thanks, until she looked at the person on the other side. It was her father, whom had a stack of yellow folders piled in his arms. He let himself in, trying his best to balance the folders as he plopped them onto the kitchen table. He huffed out, about to speak to his daughter about the day he had, until his eyes adverted to the three teens sitting on his couch. His mouth was left agape, the words not coming out as they all look at each other. Stiles is the first to get up within the group of three, and walks over with his hand extended.

"Hi, sir, I'm Stiles Stilinski, son of your boss," Stiles recognizes the man's uniform as soon as he sees it. And the deputy recognizes the last name as soon as he hears it. They shake hands, and Deputy Sanders measures the boy up, eyeing him up and down.

"Mr. Stilinski..," he calls him by his name in harsh tone. Stiles' face falls, seeing that he isn't on Lillian's father's good side already. Scott and Lydia also introduce themselves, and are welcomed with a much more kinder tone. The doorbell rings once more, and Lillian's father glances at it, "Who's that?"

"Pizza delivery," Stiles says, going to the door. He exchanges a few words with the boy in the uniform, before paying for it all by himself. He looks back at Lillian's father, hoping that this action would make him like him a little bit. But he wasn't paying attention and now Stiles lost $20, when originally he would've only lost $5. He sighs to himself, closing the door. The three others rejoin at the couch, each taking a slice.

...

Deputy Sanders had left the four teens to themselves as they causal talked to one another. It was around 8:15 when Lydia left, getting picked up by her mother. Nearly half an hour later, Scott left, leaving on his motorcycle. All that left was Stiles. As Lillian closed the door behind Scott, she could feel her heart beat quicken, knowing that she was now left with Stiles. Even though her father was just upstairs, she still felt like it was just her and him now. And she was confused to if she liked it or not. She was too anxious to know for sure.

"I guess it worked," he said with a light smile. She tried to hide her's.

"I guess so, they're pretty cool."

She rejoined him, sitting back in her spot. He looked off on the distance for a moment, seeming to be lost in thought. And it looked as if it was a happy thought as he kept smiling to himself.

"What?"

"Hm?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"It's just..," he paused for a moment, and then looked at her, "I haven't seen you smile or laugh until now..."

He tells for this, and it takes her a moment to realize how genuinely happy he is to see her happy. Her face becomes red, for many reasons, and she lifts up her knees, holding onto them to hide how red her face had become. He starts to gather his things, realizing how late it now is. Lillian watches as he does this, and that's when she realizes that he took out his hoodie and is now just in a short-sleeved shirt. As he lifts his arm, she catches a glimpse of what seems like a bruise on his bicep.. She only saw it for about 2 seconds, but due to Stiles' complexion, the dark bruise is obvious against his fair skin. Her stomach turns as she sees this, and he doesn't notice as he's stuffing things into his backpack.

"S-Stiles," she stammers out. He gazes at her, seeing a shift in her face, and looks at her confused. Her tone of voice a complete 180.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Your.. your arm," she breaths out. His eyes widen as he stands up.

"I-I told you I hurt it from a fall," he says as he tries to gather everything, scrambling.

"No, you said it was from lacrosse practice," his eyes shift to her, realizing his mistake in stories. She holds his gaze, now worried, "Stiles.. What happened?" He walks past her, picking up his jacket on the way out. She follows him to the front door, "Stiles!" His hand is on the doorknob. The look his eyes flash as they look back at her leaves her speechless.

"Don't get involved," he tells her in a low voice. Before departing the house and descending down the stairs. She watches as he goes down the pathway and into his baby blue jeep that's on the curb. He looks back at her one more time, with a weary smile, before putting the keys in the ignition and leaving. Lillian takes a step inside, and closes the door. All the thoughts she previously had about Stiles coming back as she thinks about his words to her.

"Don't get involved."

...

(Hours Before)

He left her. He fucking left her! Megan had been getting rides from Stiles ever since they started dating, and this was the first time that he's forgotten to wait for her after school. Lydia was gone by the time she got out, and she didn't bother to ask Scott. Now she had to walk. And that pissed her off. However, she knew a shortcut. She walked down this route, furious at Stiles. She was in the middle of cursing him out over text when something caught her eye. Her peripheral view, which was sharper due to her abilities, saw a blue jeep on Melody Avenue. That was Stiles' jeep. And this wasn't his or her street! She clutched her phone in her hand, and marched down the sidewalk. She stopped at the jeep, and was certain that it was his due to his scent lingering around it. But she also caught two other scents and a newer one. She looked up at house the jeep was parked at. Her eyes focused in through a window, where the curtains left a crack for her to look through. That's when she saw all of them. Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and Lillian. Her blood boiled as she saw Stiles and Lillian sitting next to each other on a couch. This was Lillian's house. Stiles was at another girl's house! She growled under her breath, walking away from the scene. She's seen enough. Her eyes glowed as she felt her teeth sharpen. She told Lillian to watch her back.. Now.. She was going to pay.
Sign up to rate and review this story