Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Missing Link

Chapter 4

by skittlesfairy 1 review

Time for a bit of action! Things are heating up as unexpecteed things start to happen.

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Davis, Guilmon, Henry, Jeri, Ken, Renamon, Rika, Takato, Terriermon - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-08-26 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 7203 words

0Unrated
~~~Digidestined Realm, Northern Quadrant, Digital World~~~

Takuya groaned and shifted slightly.

What happened? The last time they had come to the Digital World, they had just had a slight bump and they were fine.

"Ugh, note to self, get even with Trailmon..." Takuya mumbled as he went and checked each of his friends, making sure they were okay.

"Oh man...what happened?" Koji groaned as he woke up.

"Dunno" A strange digimon said (It's from Koji's POV right now you'll see why..)

"The others!" Koji said worriedly and rushed to their sides to see if they were all right.

"I already checked, they're fine" The strange digimon assured him.

"Where's Takuya?" Koji asked, starting to worry when he couldn't see his friend.

The digimon gave him a strange look, and sighed.

"Koji, quit fooling around, I'm right here" The digimon said, green eyes looking at Koji strangely.

"What are you trying to say? That your Takuya?" Koji asked skeptically, he didn't really think he was going to fool Koji did he?

"Who else would I be?" The digimon that claimed to be Takuya said giving Koji another strange look.

"I don't know, last time I checked Takuya was human, not some whacked up digimon" Koji said, moving between the digimon and his unconscious friends.

"What are you...awe damn it!" The digimon said as he glanced at his now rust coloured arm.

"...." Koji was silent as the digimon began to curse.

"Koji, it's me Takuya, honestly, I just...don't look like me anymore.." Takuya said slowly, and it was true for now Takuya's skin was rust coloured, his eyes green, his hair a flaming orange red, just like his tail. He had small flat horns on his head and pointed ears that had a gold hoop earring in each. White J like markings were under each eye, while a larger mark covered the left half of his bare chest. Short pants were held up with a belt that crossed over in front to form an X that held the symbol of fire in the middle.

"Sure....all right, if your Takuya tell me something only Takuya would know" Koji asked, his attention all on Takuya.

"Hm..something only I would know...uh, oh I know! When he first came back from the Digital World we came back up the elevator and like only 10 minutes had gone by, and Kouchi wasn't with us so we raced down the stairs to find that he had been taken to the hospital" Takuya said, paw on his chin.

"Damn...but Takuya..why did you change like this?" Koji asked, knowing now that he had to be Takuya.

"I'm not sure, it happened once before..." Takuya said, thinking back to when he had taken the Trailmon of Darkness back to the Real World where he had changed into the digimon he was now.

"How did you change back?" Koji asked.

"I don't know, I guess I'm stuck like this.....Hm, I wonder if I can still Spirit Evolve.." Takuya wondered as he looked at his D-Tector.

"Probably..hey Tommy's waking up!" Koji said and went to the smaller child's side.

"Ugh, what happened?" Tommy asked as he slowly sat up.

"I have no clue" Takuya said pulling Tommy up onto his feet.

"Takuya?! Is that you?? What happened????" Tommy asked when he realized the digimon helping him up was Takuya.

"I have no clue" Takuya admitted.

"What kind of digimon are you?" Tommy asked, carefully studying his friends face.

"I dunno" Takuya said, shrugging his shoulders.

Tommy held his D-Tector out in front of him and waited for it to scan Takuya and give him the information he wanted.

"Let's see..it's says your Flamon, a hybrid/rookie, vaccine, demon man type digimon. Your attacks are Baby Salamander and Flame Tail. That's it.." Tommy said looking back up to Takuya's astonished face.

"Oweoweoweoweoweowe..." JP moaned as he sat up quickly holding his head.

"JP shut up, your making my head ache worse...." Zoe groaned as she stood up and pulled the whining JP with her.

"Kouchi still hasn't woken up yet..." Koji mumbled worriedly as he knelt beside his twin.

"We have to get moving, I can carry him on my back all right?" Takuya told everyone hefting Kouchi's unconscious form onto his back.

"Who are you?" JP asked Takuya suddenly.

"Not this again!" Takuya shouted frustratedly.

"Takuya turned into a digimon, and this is him" Tommy said explaining everything to Zoe and JP.

"You turned into a digimon?? How??" JP asked as he caught up with Takuya and Koji who had started walking without them.

The group of Digidestined walked for 3 hours and finally stopped when they reached the edge of a forest.

"Okay, break time, Zoe's legs are gonna fall off if we don't stop" Zoe panted as she flopped down onto the ground.

"I'm with you Zoe, I can't walk any further, AND I'm starving" JP moaned as he sat down carefully next to Zoe.

"Alright we'll take a break, but I want to get to Cherubiemon's old fortress as soon as possible, I think that Oraphanimon and Seraphimon will be there waiting for us. We need to find out why Oraphanimon called us here again" Takuya told everyone as he laid the still unconscious form of Kouchi onto the ground where Koji had placed his coat.

"Takuya it's getting late, I think we should set up camp here and start again in the morning, we're all tired and hungry, if we rest we can make better ground tomorrow" Koji said rationally.

"Alright...Zoe, you stay here with Kouchi, JP and Tommy will look for some firewood, bring it back and Zoe can get a fire started while you guys look for enough to last the night. Koji and I will look for food all right?" Takuya ordered and everyone set to work.

An hour later the 5 Digidestined were eating meat apples and some wild mushrooms that Koji and Takuya had found.

"Yawn I'm so tired..I'm gonna turn in alirght? Wake me up when it's my turn to watch" JP mumbled as he curled up near the fire, already asleep.

"Me to..." Zoe said, yawning a couple times as she lay down on the other side of the fire as JP.

"I'll take the first watch all right Takuya? You and Tommy get some sleep. Zoe and JP are already sawing logs" Koji told his friend turned digimon.

"K" Takuya and Tommy mumbled at the same time, Tommy practically tripping over his feet he was so tired.

~~Later that Night, just before Takuya's watch~~

Koji tried to keep his eyes open, he really did, but something was making him so tired...

Soon Koji was sleeping as soundly as the rest of his friends.

"Hm, took him long enough to fall asleep. Stupid human.." A soft whispered voice muttered.

The voice came from a cloaked being who made its way to the heart of the Northern Quadrant's Digidestined camp.

The cloaked being moved to Kouchi's still form and pressed a thin willowy hand onto his forehead.

The figure moved his hand away inspecting the sleeping child's forehead.

"Hm..he's not one of the ones that I am looking for..." The voice muttered as it wrote something on a clip board that it had pulled from a pack hanging at it's side.

The cloaked figure moved to each of the children, muttering the same thing as it gently touched Koji's, Zoe's, JP's and Tommy's forehead.

"Perhaps none of the children here are one of the chosen that I seek..." The voice whispered.

"Hmm..I suppose I should go..." The voice said.

It was walking away when it tripped over Takuya's sleeping form.

The figure stopped, holding his breath praying the digimon that he had tripped over would not awaken.

The figure was in luck. Takuya went on snoring as if nothing happened.

The figure had to blink at that.

"What a strange digimon...." The voice muttered. Getting ready to leave once more. But something told him to reach out and touch this sleeping rookie's forehead as he had done with the children earlier.

The cloaked figure hesitantly reached a hand over and gently pressed it against the sleeping digimon's forehead.

Light erupted from beneath the cloaked figures hand and the sleeping digimon's body.

The light grew so bright that the figure had to shut their eyes quickly and turn away.

When the figure looked back a child lay in the digimon's place.

The figure was shocked and moved closer to get a look at the child's face.

The figure gasped.

"Oh my..."

It had found one of the ones it was seeking.

"Maybe there is some hope for the words after all..." The voice whispered happily.

The cloaked figure wrote something down quickly and left just as mysteriously as it had come.

~~~~Digidestined Realm, Eastern Quadrant, Digital World~~~~

"So the usual meddling Digidestined haven't noticed anything yet? Hm, that's strange....... I see the Tamer boy has realized something isn't quite right.......Curious....I didn't know the Northern Quadrant had Digidestined, I suppose I should keep an eye on them, though they do not appear all that powerful.......though I shall not make the same mistakes as the ones before me.....I will not underestimate these children........I think I'll send them a friend to play with.............." A sinister shadow laughed as he ordered one of his many servants to 'play' with the Digidestined and Tamers, "oh and I mustn't forget to send someone to play with these new Digidestined" the shadow whispered to himself, laughing at the thought of them defeating his servants.

~~~~Digidestined Realm, Eastern Quadrant, Real World~~~~

~~The Next Day~~

"Davis what's bugging you? You haven't been your self since we got back!" Ken told his friend worriedly.

"I'm fine!" Davis yelled, pulling away from Ken and Tai who had tried to corner him.

"Then why do you keep zoning out? I know your spacey, but this is bad, even for you!" Tai told him, trying to pin him.

"Fine! It feels like something is wrong all right? Can't you people feel it??" Davis asked from beneath Tai, Matt and Ken who had given up on pinning him and just dog piled him.

"Well now that you mention it................" Tai began, but was cut off by Matt.

"You mean that weird feeling....it's like a foreboding sense of darkness......." Matt said quietly.

"That's kinda what it feels like......only more like something is coming...." Ken said and shivered lightly.

"That's what's been bugging me! Only it's stronger for me, and I KNOW something is going to happen! I just.....can't tell when........" Davis said as he got up with help from Tai and Ken.

"I think we should stay together today" Tai advised, leaning on the wall, looking around the small room that they had all gathered in.

"Ya, hey where are the digimon?" Matt asked when he finally realized that their partners were not in the room with them.

"They're raiding the fridge" Ken said, sitting down on the floor.

"So............." Davis said trying to keep the conversation going.

"Ken-dear! Your friends have eaten everything in the fridge!" Mrs.Ichijoji called from the kitchen.

"It's going to be a long day............" Ken moaned as the small group of Digidestined made their way to the Ichijoji kitchen.

~~~~Tamers Realm, Southern Quadrant, Real World~~~~

"Why are we doing this again?" Rika asked Kazu who lead 5 of the first Tamers through the school.

"Honestly? I don't know either......." Henry sighed as he followed Kazu through his old school.

"Hey Jeri how come you didn't bring Calumon?" Kenta asked when he noticed that the little white cream puff wasn't with her.

"He said something about cake........." Jeri admitted as the small group stopped in front of a door.

"You guys stay here until I call for you all right?" Kazu asked as he walked in to his classroom and shut the door leaving the five older Tamers to themselves.

"Alright!" Kazu called a few minutes later, letting the five Tamers and their partners in.

"Class this is Mrs. Rika Nonaka, Mrs. Jeri Wong, Mr. Henry Wong, Ms.Suzy Wong and Mr.Kenta Kitagawa and their partners Renamon, Terriermon, Lopmon and MarineAngemon" Kazu said introducing everyone to the class.

"I see some of your class have partners" Jeri said, glancing quickly at the 8 digimon.

"Yes, so class if you have any ques........" Kazu said but was interrupted by Calumon bursting in.

"Bad bad!!!" He cried as he jumped into Jeri's waiting arms.

"Calumon what's wrong?" Jeri asked the frightened white digimon.

"Bad digimon are attacking Impmon!" Calumon cried harder, burying his head in her arms.

"Calumon this is important, where is Impmon?" Jeri asked slowly, making sure the small digimon heard her.

"Park!!!" Calumon cried and burst into tears, hugging Jeri as hard as his little arms would let him. Takato had already gotten up and was halfway the door before anyone realized he had even moved. "Takato wait!" Rika tried calling, but it was to late he was already gone.

"Class I want you to stay here!" Kazu shouted as left with the other Tamers, heading for the park. Once the adults were gone the class shared a collective look.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Amanda said excitedly, and ran out after he teacher, shortly followed by the rest of her class.

Takato arrived to see Impmon dodging the attacks of a Piedmon and a Megadramon. Impmon had yet to notice the goggle head Tamer, but unfortunately Piedmon had noticed him.

"Look at this, a Tamer with out his partner....or is this pathetic excuse for a digimon your partner?" Piedmon snickered as he pulled out one of his swords, getting ready to attack the 'digimonless' Tamer. Takato glared at Piedmon and got ready to dodge.

"Goggle Head! Get back! Guilmon isn't here! You can't do anything with out him! We'll take care of this clown!" Rika shouted as she got ready to Biomerge. Terriermon snickered, and leapt from his partner's shoulders. Megadramon finished Impmon off quickly and moved on to help Piedmon.

"The Master will be pleased to know we beat these fools easily!" Piedmon laughed and swung his sword in Takato's direction.

"Hey! Why don't you pick on someone who can fight back?" Bryan taunted, his partner by his side and ready for a fight.

"You kids stay back! Let Rika and Henry deal with them!" Kazu shouted at his students when he realized they had followed the older Tamers.

"Let's do this before someone gets hurt!" Rika shouted confidently.

"Biomerge Activate!" Henry and Rika said, and activated the biomerge sequence. The kids from Kazu's class watched in awe as Rika and Henry biomerged to become.......

"Sakuyamon!" Sakuyamon announced as she swung her staff around in artistic circles.

"MegaGargomon!" MegaGargomon announced, landing gently beside Sakuyamon.(Not an easy thing to do when your his size)

"So the rats think they can beat us?" Megadramon smirked, and moved in for an attack. Piedmon didn't bother with childish banter, instead he went in for an early attack.

"Trump Sword!" Piedmon yelled as he slashed his swords at Sakuyamon. Sakuyamon leapt back, barely avoiding the slashes of Piedmon.

"Let's see how you like this! Amethyst Mandala!" Sakuyamon shouted, attacking right back. While Sakuyamon dealt with Piedmon, MegaGargomon was totally destroying Megadramon. He was only a Ultimate while MegaGargomon was a Mega.

"Hahaha! Let's see how ya like this! Mega Barrage!" MegaGargomon shouted maniacally as he let loose a volley of small missiles, bullets and lasers. Megadramon never had a chance.

"I will not fail my Master!" Megadramon whispered hoarsely as he slowly deleted. Piedmon jumped back from Sakuyamon and quickly loaded his dead comrades data.

"You may have been able to defeat Megadramon, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve!" Piedmon said gleefully to the other two Mega digimon. Kazu kept most of the children back, but a few managed to get over to were Takato was.

Amy and Alex were the only ones who had managed to get passed Kazu, the rest of the students were still stuck behind their teacher.

"Is he okay?" Amy asked quietly. Takato looked up to see Amy and Alex gazing curiously at him and the unconscious Impmon.

"He'll be okay, he took quite a beating though.........he could have beaten Piedmon and Megadramon if he digivolved...........I wonder why he didn't" Takato mumbled, more to himself than anything else.

"He can digivolve? Don't digimon need a partner to do that?" Alex asked, moving closer to Amy, Takato and Impmon.

"Impmon's special...." Takato told them, still holding the small virus.

"He probably didn't have time to digivolve, Piedmon and Megadramon must have kept him pretty busy." Amy said.

"Ya........" Takato murmured and allowed his gaze to fall back to the battle, where MarineAngemon had managed to trap Piedmon in one of his bubbles. Piedmon didn't look afraid though.......in fact he smiling, evilly at that.....

"So I'm in a bubble, how terribly frightening, how about I just walk through...." Piedmon began, walking right THROUGH the heart shaped bubble.

"And do this?" Piedmon said laughing. Piedmon had put his swords onto his back and had reached into one of his pockets to pull a strange looking coin out.

"Oh no! It's a coin! He's going to coin us to death!" Terriermon said in mock fear.

"Laugh while you can rabbit, this is a special gift from my Master, and I know you will find its effects rather........amusing" Piedmon smirked and threw the coin up in the air. The coin flew up rather high, and fell quickly. Once it struck the ground, a bright light flashed and the earth began to shake.

"Wh...what did you do?!" Sakuyamon demanded as she steadied herself by flying into the air.

"Oh nothing" Piedmon said casually.

"I just summoned a few new friends for you to play with, I'm getting rather bored with you lot" Piedmon admitted and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like these friends?" Kenta asked fearfully.

"Maybe it's because we're NOT your friends" A voice above him said sarcastically.

"It's Ghoulmon! He's a Mega leveled Virus! This digimon is known as the God of Destruction in the Digital World! His Death Arrow will show you why!" Amanda said reading her purple and black D-Ark (the first colour is the base colour, the second is the band around the screen)

"I see that fool Piedmon couldn't do what our Master ordered" A darker, more sinister voice said, amused.

"It's Daemon! Another Mega Virus! This guy's evil through and through! His Evil Inferno will show you the meaning of pain!" Bryan read from his orange and red D-Ark.

"Don't forget little ol' me!" A soft southern accented voiced called.

"It's MaloMyotismon..." Robert said disbelievingly.(Really who could blame the guy though? MaloMyotismon just showed up and has a strange accent, not mention she's a girl!)

"MaloMyotismon, Mega Virus! This......girl...is nothing but bad news! Her attacks are Pandemonium Flare and Melting Blood so watch out!" Ryan read from his red and orange D-Ark.

"How nice, ya'll know bout' us!" MaloMyotismon said cheerfully. Sakuyamon floated to the ground, and readied herself for a tough fight. MegaGargomon landed heavily beside her.

"Hey! Did anyone notice that they're all Demon Lord type digimon?" MegaGargmon asked.

"Ooh!!! Ya noticed! Thank ya!" MaloMyotismon said smiling.

"Am I the only one who is scared by the way she is acting?" Kazu asked his class, and most of them agreed.

"We're here because you destroyed a Demon Lord!" Ghoulmon bellowed and attacked.

"Death Arrow!" Ghoulmon shouted launching his attack at Sakuyamon and MegaGargomon. Sakuyamon managed to leap out of the way in time but MegaGargomon wasn't so lucky.

"Argh!" He screamed in pain. Ghoulmon's attack was strong, unnaturally so.

"MarineAngemon! You have to help!" Kenta yelled to his small partner.

"Kahuna Waves!" MarineAngemon said, shooting heart shaped bubbles at Ghoulmon.

"Evil Inferno!" Daemon attacked MarineAngemon, using his attack to cancel out MarineAngemon's.

"Melting Blood!" MaloMyotismon shouted, attacking the downed MegaGargomon.

"Spirit Strike!" Sakuyamon yelled, summoning four fox spirits to drive away MaloMyotismon's attack.

"So your strong, you would have to be to take out a fellow Demon Lord!" Ghoulmon shouted above the screams of the children. While Ghoulmon, Daemon, and MaloMyotismon attacked Sakuyamon, MegaGargomon and MarineAngemon Takato was trying desperately to wake Impmon up.

"Impmon.....please.....you have to help, you have to wake up!" Takato said, calling Impmon.

"Three Demon Lords have come......and they're strong Impmon.....strong.....and they can't do it alone. Guilmon hasn't made it yet Impmon.....please you have to wake up and help! Your our only hope until Guilmon can get here! He's on his way but he won't make it on time! Impmon!" Takato said, looking at his D-Ark and then back to Impmon's still form. Impmon stirred slightly and gave a weak grin.

"Well in that case, why don't we add one more Demon Lord?" Impmon whispered hoarsely.

"Impmon......." Takato murmured, glad that his friend was all right. Impmon pulled away from Takato and stood shakily. He moved slowly, approaching the fight stiffly.

"Hey! Digilosers!" Impmon called to the Demon Lord digimon.

"Hey look! It's a little puppy dog come to nip at our ankles!" Daemon laughed at his own VERY lame joke.

"Cough I'll cough cough show you what this 'little puppy dog can do....." Impmon coughed as he stood, ready to fight the other Demon Lords. "Impmon digivolved to......" Impmon glowed, and his form grew larger until........

"Beelzebumon!" Impmon, now Beelzebumon announced his new form. The other three Demon Lord digimon gasped.

"But tha Master went an told us tha ya got destroyed!" MaloMyotismon said shocked at Beelzebumon's appearance. Beelzebumon raised an eyebrow.

"I think you lot have lost it! Let me do you a favor and put you out of your misery! Darkness Claw!" Beelzebumon shouted attacking Ghoulmon, slashing him across his chest.

"You hurt people I hold dear......and you are going to PAY!!!!!!!" Beelzebumon roared, slashing all three of the Demon Lord digimon.

Hey watch were ya'll are swingin those claws!" MaloMyotismon shouted at Beelzebumon, who had narrowly missed MaloMyotismon's face.

"Alright then, have a little Double Impact!!" Beelzebumon shouted, drawing both of his guns and firing.

"Argh!!" Ghoulmon screamed as he was hit.

"You dare attack us??? Fellow Demon Lords????" Daemon bellowed, his robes billowing around him as he used his firey attack.

"Evil Inferno!" Daemon shouted, fire erupting from his hands and flowing towards Beelzebumon. Beelzebumon grunted as he dodged the attack, only to be slammed into a nearby tree by MaloMyotismon.

"Now are you gonna calm down sugah?" MaloMyotismon asked the pinned Beelzebumon.

"Not if you keep messing with my friends!" Beelzebumon shouted in her face, crimson eyes narrowing at the site of Takato being held be his neck.

"What?" Daemon asked innocently, getting ready to snap Takato in half.

"Let Takatomon go! Pyro Sphere!" A newly appeared Guilmon shouted, launching a fireball at Daemon's back. The fireball connected and surprised Daemon causing him to drop Takato, but the attack didn't really hurt Daemon as Guilmon was only a rookie. Takato scrambled away quickly from Daemon and to his partner.

"Hey isn't that the digimon called Guilmon?" Bokomon asked his partner.

"Hey ya it is!!" Amanda said, eyes growing larger by the second.

"Guilmon we have to help Beelzebumon!" Takato told his partner quickly as they moved closer to where MaloMyotismon still had Beelzebumon pinned to the tree.

"Right Takatomon!" Guilmon said, his eyes returning to their normal state.

"Hey if you two are done kissing, I could use some help!!!! SHE'S GIVING ME WEIRD LOOKS!!!!" Beelzebumon shouted around MaloMyotismon.

"Awe sugah why ya keep denyin this thing between us?" MaloMyotismon asked Beelzebumon, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Takato!!!!" Beelzebumon yelled, trying to get out of MaloMyotismon's grip but failing each time. Takato gave a sheepish look and got his D-Ark ready.

"Biomerge Activate!" Takato shouted, activating the biomerge sequence.

"Guilmon biomerged to........." Guilmon said as he and his Tamer became the exalted knight digimon known as........

"Gallantmon!" Gallantmon announced, his dual voice echoing through the park.

"Who's this handsome mon?" MaloMyotismon asked, eyes raking over Gallantmon's noble form.

Guilmon why am I suddenly VERY afraid of her? Takato asked Guilmon from inside his golden red sphere of energy.

/I don't know, but she's scaring me to!/ Guilmon whined to his partner.

"Uh MaloMyotismon.......he's the good guy, you know the one we destroy?" Ghoulmon told his smitten partner.

"Awh but......." MaloMyotismon whined, stiff pinning Beelzebumon to the tree.

"No buts, now help us destroy these three!" Ghoulmon ordered.

"Ya'll no fun....." MaloMyotismon muttered darkly.

"Hey did someone forget we exist? How about we remind you? Gargo Missiles!" MegaGargomon shouted, launching the large missiles on his shoulders. They smiled right before the smashed into MaloMyotismon.

"Don't forget about us! Spirit Strike!" Sakuyamon said, launching the fox spirits at the now very injured MaloMyotismon.

"Lightning Joust!" Gallantmon shouted, launching his attack at Daemon.

"Argh!" Daemon and MaloMyotismon shouted in pain as the attacks slammed into them.

"Finally!" Beelzebumon sighed in relief, as he moved away from the tree.

"Let's get this over with people! I have things to do! Spirit Strike!" Sakuyamon shouted, her nerves shot.

"Right! Shield.....of....the Just!" Gallantmon shouted, bracing himself as he let the blast loose from his shield.

"Hm, how about a Carona Blaster!!" BlastBeelzebumon shouted once he had mode changed to his blast mode.

"And don't forget to have some Mega Barrage!" MegaGargomon shouted gleefully as he launched his arsenal of weaponry at the three Demon Lords.

"Kahuna Waves!" MarineAngemon said, launching his attack towards the Demon Lords. The Demon Lord digimon never had a chance.

"Others will come to destroy you....." Ghoulmon told all of them before he and his partners were completely deleted.

"They're gone......" Kazu sighed in relief. He then turned to his students.

"If you don't want detention for life, march your butts back to the school this instant!" Kazu ordered, pointing towards the school.

"Takato? Get back as soon as you can all right?" Kazu told Gallantmon before he herded all of his students back to the school.

"Well that wasn't strange....." Beelzebumon muttered, letting his Blast mode fade away back to his normal mode.

"Ouch......" Henry winced right after he and Terriermon un-biomerged.

"No kidding! My ears are gonna be aching for months!" Terriermon complained, leaping onto Henry's head.

"Not fun!" MarineAngemon agreed, floating into one of his partner's pockets.

"You said it little guy! Come on Jeri, Henry, Rika, lets go get a cup of coffee" Kenta suggested once Rika and Renamon had un-biomerged.

"Sure.....hey Gogglehead, give me a call later, I want to talk to you" Rika told Gallantmon, handing him a business card.

"Uh, sure?" He replied holding the card in his hand.

"Looks like you got a girlfriend Pineapple head" Beelzebumon said nudging Gallantmon in his side.

"Beelzebumon!" Gallantmon shouted, blushing brightly, though you couldn't see it because of his helmet.

"What?" Beelzebumon asked innocently.

"Let's just get back home......." Gallantmon suggested, moving towards where his home lay.

"Hey aren't you gonna de-biomerge?" Beelzebumon asked when Gallantmon didn't un-biomerge.

"Aren't you gonna de-digivolve?" Gallantmon shot back, shutting Beelzebumon up. The duo was nearly home when Gallantmon began to glow and de-digivolved to Takato and Guilmon.

"So why didn't you just do that when the others did" Beelzebumon asked the now separate Takato and Guilmon. Takato shrugged, he didn't really feel like talking.

"Takatomon......Impmon is staying with us right? So how are we gonna explain Beelzebumon? He's kinda big........" Guilmon pointed out. Takato looked back at Beelzebumon and blinked......Guilmon was right....

"Guilmon has a point Beelzebumon, your a lot bigger than Impmon, what are we gonna do with you? I know you aren't going to want to dedigivolve" Takato said to his mega viral friend.

"Got that right, and if it's all right with you I'm gonna have a night out to myself" Beelzebumon told Takato as they stepped into the Matsuki Bakery.

"Takato! What are you doing home so early?" Mrs.Matsuki yelled, scolding her son.

"A digimon attacked" Takato admitted.

"Oh, where's Impmon? I got him a new bandana, his old one looked a little ratty" Mrs. Matsuki said, looking past Takato, Guilmon and Beelzebumon, trying to find Impmon.

"My bandana is NOT ratty!" Beelzebumon huffed, miffed that someone thought his bandana was less than perfect.

"Impmon? Is that really you?" Mrs.Matsuki asked disbelievingly.

"Mom, he digivolved" Takato explained, slightly embarrassed that his Mom didn't know what digivolution was.

"Oh, so he got bigger......well I guess you can take the couch until we get you a permanent bed" Mrs.Matsuki told Beelzebumon, removing his bandana from his arm and placing the new one its place.

"Uh ya, bout' that, I was wonderin' if I could ya know just.....uh...." Beelzebumon tried to say.

Why the hell am I so nervous about just tellin' her that I'm goin' out by myself tonight?? Beelzebumon thought to himself.

Maybe it's because they're the first ones to treat you like a person and not just a freakish creature made out of data? A snide voice taunted.

.............SHUDDUP!!!!!! Beelzebumon shouted back at the voice.

What? Don't like the truth? The voice smirked (if that's possible)

I SAID SHUT UP!!!!! Beelzebumon shouted at the voice.

Fine, fine, sheesh! You would think that you would appreciate someone pointing out that your going soft on these humans, a few years ago you wouldna said anything and you probably would have refused to stay in some place infested with so many humans, heck you probably would have had some fun with em' to! The voice said, dragging old memories to the surface.

~~Flash-back, 20 years ago~~

"Ha! Take this! Badda Boom! Ya you run! Run from the unstoppable Impmon!" Impmon laughed as he terrorized some passing humans. Impmon watched happily as the humans scattered.

"Hey Henry look! It's a digihobbo!" Terreirmon snickered into his partners ear from atop his perch on Henry's shoulder.

"Terreirmon! That's rude!" Henry scolded.

"So? It's not like he could do anything!" Terriermon added as he looked to see Impmon fuming.

"Ha, and you could? I don't see you winning any fights!" Impmon shouted at Terriermon who then launched his bunny blast at Impmon.

"Ha! Ya missed!" Impmon taunted.

"At least my attack could hurt! It's not some puny fireball like yours!" Terriermon shouted at the imp.

"Terriermon....." Henry warned, trying to get his partner to stop arguing with Impmon. But of course trying to stop Terriermon from arguing and taunting was like trying to stop digimon from appearing. Impossible.

"You wanna see my attack?! Fine! Have some Night of Fire!" Impmon shouted summoning a fireball into each of his hands, one was blue and the other was red. Impmon threw them at Terriermon and halfway through being thrown the fireballs merged into one and smacked Terriermon straight in the head. Terriermon fell off of Henry's shoulder, head smoking from the attack.

"Ouch......." Terriermon moaned, as Henry picked him up.

"I tried to warn you, Impmon's not a very good fighter normally but he's got some attacks that can really hurt" Henry told his partner who had regained his perch atop Henry's head.

"He's got more than one?" Terriermon moaned, holding his head slightly with one paw.

"Something called Inferno Funnel" Henry told the vaccine animal digimon.

"Ya, and if ya don't beat it I'll show ya it!" Impmon shouted.

"Ooh! I'm so scared!" Terriermon laughed.

"Terriermon!" Henry shouted, trying to get his partner to leave Impmon alone.

"Momentai Henry! That freak can't hurt me! Not with a partner like you!" Terriermon boasted.

"Terriermon you know I don't like fighting! You could get seriously hurt!" Henry told his partner worriedly.

"Henry, I'm a digimon! Even if I do get hurt you know I'll heal fast!" Terriermon reminded his Tamer.

"That's not the point!" Henry growled.

"Hey if you two love birds are done I got some more humans to annoy!" Impmon said, leaping away onto the roof and away from the blue and black haired Tamer and his partner.

"Stupid humans......stupid digipets....." Impmon grumbled to himself.

Why are you complaining? You know you want to be able to do things like that with your Tamers A voice said, probably his conscience, but since it was Impmon we're going to assume he has gone off his rocker.

WHAT?!?!?! I don't have Tamers! I'm a free mon! Besides, what sane digimon would want a Tamer? Impmon asked, fighting with the voice.

Any digimon that would want to get stronger naturally, besides, I know you would like to have someone like that to be close to...... The voice said, dragging the last part out.

What are you insinuating?! Impmon shouted (never knew he knew such big words!)

Didn't know you knew such big words! And you know I'm right about the Tamer thing The voice pointed out.

Be QUIET!!!!! I don't want no stinkin human to EVER get that close to me! Impmon mentally shouted at the voice.

You know you want a partner, someone who can be a friend and understanding, but you also know that no one, NO ONE, would ever want to have a partner like you! Your nothing but trouble, a virus, and you know how viruses are treated! The voice countered.

.......I....I.........LEAVE ME THE HECK ALONE!!!! Impmon screamed at the voice.

Fine, fine......The voice said, trailing off. Nothing was heard from the voice for several seconds and Impmon assumed the voice had taken his advice and left him alone. Not once did it occur to Impmon that he might be insane for hearing voices.

~~End Flash-back~~

Stupid evil voice...... Beelzebumon grumbled to himself.

"Can I go out tonight? I don't want to be a burden, but I need to get away for a while....." Beelzebumon finally managed to say.

"Oh is that all? You take all the time you want dear, just one thing though" Mrs.Matsuki said as Beelzebumon was about to step out the door.

"Ya?" He asked, afraid she wanted him to do........work(heaven forbid!) "You be careful! I know what you lot are like! Getting into fights! Takato is just as bad, now I want you to be careful you here?" Mrs.Matsuki said, motioning for him to go with her hands.

"And now since your home early you and Guilmon can help your father in the kitchen, I'll be busy up front!" Mrs.Matsuki ordered her son.

"But Mom......" Takato whined, not wanting to work.

"No buts mister! Now get!" Mrs.Matsuki said, pointing to the kitchen.

"Yes Mam...." A very depressed Takato moaned. That was the last thing Beelzebumon heard as he got onto Behemoth and rode away.

~~~~ Digidestined Realm, Eastern Quadrant, Digital World~~~~

"Hm....It's seems that the Tamers are more powerful than I thought, they even managed to get a Demon Lord to fight three of his own.....I wonder...perhaps there is more to them than I first thought......thought that boy....the one with the strange red saurian partner.......there is something about him...something special.....never mind though, the Digidestined will pose to be a problem, especially if they manage to get enough of themselves together, not that they realize what they are up against mind you............still......I think I shall send one more of my many servants to help destroy those Digidestined. Ah, I see that my servants Vademon, ShadowSeraphimon and Preciomon have arrived in the Northern Quadrant......I hope that they destroy those Digidestined before they become a problem, they have a habit of becoming a nuisance. What's this?!?!?!?! One of the Digidestined in the Northern Quadrant has become a digimon? Hm....this could work to my advantage....and he's only a rookie.....excellent......and now, it begins........

~~~~Digidestined Realm, Eastern Quadrant, Real World~~~~

"So.........tired.........massive......amounts......of.......chores........overloading........ mind..........ack......." Davis groaned out as he collapsed into a spare space of floor on Ken's bedroom floor.

"Are you sure your mother isn't an evil digimon sent by some sadistic evil being trying to take over the digital world?" Tai asked Ken, taking a spot between Matt and Davis.

"I don't think so.....though sometimes she makes me wonder......" Ken admitted.

"Guys, what are we going to do about the thing?" Matt asked. "You mean the evil feeling thing? I dunno.....I don't think anyone would believe us......I still can't get over the fact that Sora and everyone else is so old....." Tai said truthfully.

"I know, it's so weird, I'm mean, It feels like only days ago when we defeated MaloMyotismon and everyone received a digimon partner.....but in reality it's been 20 years.... I wonder about that other kid though.....there was something weird about his partner..." Davis said thoughtfully, mumbling the last part.

"I know what you mean, I've never seen a digimon like him before. I wonder where he came from..." Matt asked to no one in particular.

"You guys...I know..something about that kid and his digimon.." Tai said quietly, not wanting to break the promise to Takato, but not wanting to keep it from his closest friends.

"You do????Well tell us already?!" Matt shouted angrily at Tai.

"I kinda made a promise I wouldn't tell..but as long as he doesn't find out it will be okay right? K I'll tell you guys tonight k? We can have a sleep over at my house and talk about it then all right?" Tai asked everyone.

"My mom won't let me out of her sight, if we're going to have a sleepover it needs to be here. Besides, there's more room here for our partners" Ken said to everyone.

"I'll call my Dad and tell him I'm staying here for the night" Matt said, getting up off the floor and dialing his home phone number into his cell phone.

"I'll have to call and ask, but I'm pretty sure they'll let me" Davis said confidently and called his house on his own cell phone.

"Same goes for me, though it might take a little convincing on my part..." Tai said, reaching for his own cell phone.

Three hours later the four Digidestined were camped out on Ken's bedroom floor.

"This had better be worth it Tai, I have to do a weeks chores to stay here tonight" Davis grumbled.

"Ha, you got it easy then, I have to do a MONTHS!" Tai shouted angrily.

"Well, if your done shouting can we go to sleep?" DemiVeemon whined to his partner.

"Ya!" The other digimon chorused.

"Alright, all right, we'll keep it down..." Matt assured his partner.

(K people I'm being lazy, my hand is hurting and I don't want to type what Takato said ALL over again)

"Wow, are you serious?" Davis asked Tai once he had finished telling them all about Takato.

"Ya...that would be so weird...becoming one with your digimon..actually becoming a digimon and fighting.." Matt agreed.

"I can't believe he's from a different dimension! Are you sure he wasn't pulling your leg?" Ken asked Tai.

"No..I SAW him unmerge from his digimon" Tai told the others.

"What I can't get over is that he created his partner! He's got to be almost as bad as the Digimon Emperor was! Creating his own digimon like that!" Matt whispered angrily.

"I don't think so..from what I gathered it was an accident, but that's beside the point you guys" Tai said to the others yawning after he finished talking.

"It's late you guys, let's get some sleep and finish this in the morning, we'll have clearer heads okay?" Ken yawned.

The others gave nods of agreement and they were all soon asleep.

~~A few hours later~~

A blue portal opened up near Davis' feet and a cloaked figure stepped out of the portal carrying a clip board.

"Hmm.I can't believe none of the original or the second Digidestined are any of the chosen that I am looking for...well, if these lot aren't any of the chosen we're all going to be in big trouble" The voice whispered to itself.

The cloaked figure moved carefully as not to step on any stray limbs.

It pressed a cool hand against Tai's forehead, moving his hand when a small flash of light erupted from beneath his hand.

"Ah, so you ARE one of the ones I seek, perhaps there is hope for the worlds after all" The voice mused.

It scribbled something down and moved onto the other three Digidestined.

The same thing happened with the other's as with Tai.

"Excellent, I only have one more chosen to find!" The voice whispered happily to itself.

It wrote something quickly on it's trusty clip board and left through the portal that it had come from.

~~~~Tamers Realm, Southern Quadrant, Real World~~~~

"I am never, ever going near a kitchen again!" Takato moaned as he and Guilmon trudged up the stairs.

Guilmon gave a moan of agreement as the two collapsed onto Takato's bed.

"Takatomon we aren't going to have to do that again are we?" Guilmon groaned moving over so Takato could have some more room.

"I hope not, I can't believe Dad made us DO all that....yawn I am so tiredyawn.....Guilmon?" Takato asked when he didn't get a reply from his partner.

"Guilmon?" Takato tried again.

This time he got a response.

"SNOOOOREEE"

"Well at least he got to sleep fast, now if only I could do that...." Takato mumbled sleepily.

Seconds later Takato joined Guilmon in dreamland.

~~Later that night~~

A blue portal opened and dumped something unceremoniously onto Takato Matsuki's floor.

"Ouch..stupid portal..." The something muttered darkly.

The something stood up revealing the cloaked figure that had visited the Northern and Eastern Digidestined.

"Let's see Takato Matsuki, Tamer of Guilmon? What's a Guilmon?" The cloaked figure asked himself, and bent over Takato to peer at the sleeping Guilmon.

"Oh, that's a Guilmon. Well let's get this over with, I've been through all the Tamers in this realm tonight, what are the chances this kid is the one I'm looking for? I'll probably end up having to search through the entire Western Quadrant to.." The voice grumbled to itself.

It moved and gently placed a hand on the sleeping boy's forehead.

Light erupted from beneath the being's hand, brighter than any of the others had been.

The cloaked figure had to stare at what was on the child's forehead.

Instead of the usual one symbol that was supposed to lay on the chosen people's forehead, there lay THREE on Takato's.

"Oh my worlds.." The figure breathed, as he quickly wrote down the information that he needed.

The figure left through it's portal quickly, still stunned at what it had seen.

"If all the other chosen fail, at least HE will be able to save us from the approaching darkness..." The voice whispered as the portal closed behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story