Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Missing Link

Chapter 3

by skittlesfairy 0 reviews

Things are getting out of hand as Takato is forced to return to his daily life as if nothing had happened.

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Guilmon, Takato, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-08-26 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 4205 words

0Unrated
~~~Tamer's Realm, Southern Quadrant, Real World~~~

"Takato get up!!!!!!" A booming voice called, yelling up the stairs.

"Muh...to early." Takato mumbled.

"To early." Impmon agreed and curled up in the blanket that Mrs.Matsuki had draped over him.

Guilmon didn't even say anything he just rolled over and continued to snore.

"If you don't get p now Takato your going to regret it" Mrs.Matsuki called, now in the hallway that led to Takato's room.

"It's to early!!!" Takato moaned and pulled his covers over his head.

Impmon was starting to get annoyed that he couldn't get anymore sleep so he poked a hand out ready to throw a fireball at the person causing all the ruckus.

"Alright, I warned you....Impmon you might want to move." Mrs.Matsuki said, warning the small imp.

Impmon poked his head out from his warm cocoon and gave Takato's mother a blank look but started to smile when he saw what sat in her hands.

Impmon pulled the blanket away with him and sat down by the door, this was going to be incredibly funny..

Mrs.Matsuki pulled back her sons covers and dumped the contents of the jug she held all over his head.

"EEEEEEECCCKKK!!!!" Takato shrieked as his mother poured ice cold water with little

chunks of ice cubes all over his head.

"COLD!" Takato screamed.

"Takatomon stop yelling..." Guilmon whined and went on snoring, seems ice cold water didn't bother the dino dragon.

"Well that certainly woke him up" Impmon said sniggering, but he was glad the Mrs.Matsuki let him move before she pulled that stunt.

"Now dry off and get ready, I'm going to get you registered at school again." Mrs.Matsuki said cheerfully and made her way back down the hallway and stairs.

"Oh and Impmon? If you want to grab something before you go just ask and my husband will give you some bread for a snack" Mrs.Matsuki said before she disappeared from hearing range.

Impmon blinked, they were so nice to him...even...even though he was a digimon.and a virus to boot...

"I am so going to get her for that.." Takato growled as he grabbed some clean clothes and headed to bathroom for a quick shower.

Impmon had finally managed to wake Guilmon up and they had both run down stairs to get to the food that waited on the table for them.

When Takato got downstairs there was one piece of half eaten toast left and a small glass of orange juice left on the table.

Takato's eye twitched at the sight that Impmon and Guilmon left at the table.

"Okay you two.." Takato said, grinning like a mad man.

Impmon and Guilmon gulped..this wasn't going to end well...not at all..

"Since you two were so keen on the bread this morning I think you should get the honour of helping my Dad make the daily batch" Takato said, still grinning evilly, and walked out the door with his mother.

Impmon glanced at Guilmon ad then back to were they had last seen Takato and said

" We got recruited for bread duty...wahoo!!!"

Guilmon smiled, Takato's Dad always gave him extra bread when he helped make it.

Mr.Matsuki poked his head out of the kitchen to find that the only people left in the house other than himself were the two virus digimon before him.

"This is going to be a long day..." Mr.Matsuki sighed and motioned for the digimon to follow.

Meanwhile at Shinjuku Elementry....

"What do you mean he can't be Takato Matsuki???? I think I know my own son!!!!" Mrs.Matsuki yelled, deep in a heated argument with the principal of the school.

"Really Mrs.Matsuki! Be reasonable! Your son disappeared 20 years ago! It is simply not possible that he is your first son! I could enroll him here, but it will take mounds and mounds of paper work!......Alright! Alright! No need to be violent!" The principal, Mr.Kenrant shouted when Mrs.Matsuki tried to use his paper weight as a club.

"That's better" Mrs.Matsuki sniffed, she was a woman, she ALWAYS got her way. Dangerous things happened when she didn't, just ask her husband.

"He can be in Mr.Shioda's class until we fid out what level of schooling he has" Mr.Kenrant offered.

"Alright, Takato you go to your class and BEHAVE! We can go shopping for school supplies when you get home, all right?" Mrs.Matsuki told her son as she left the office.

"Sure Mom," Takato said bravely, and marched off to find his class.

~~15 minutes later~~

"Finally, I was wondering if I was ever going to find the class room" Takato said to himself as he cracked the door open and peaked inside.

What he found shocked him to the core.....his teacher was..

"KAZU?!?!" Takato shouted, opening the door all the way and walking inside to see his best friend in front of a class room, teaching, history no less.

"Chumley?" Kazu asked, just as surprised to see Takato as Takato was to see him.

"No way....this is so freaky..." Takato whispered as he handed Kazu the piece of paper that would get him into class for the next little while.

"Dude this is so weird!" Kazu said as he read what was written on the slip of paper.

Takato just nodded and took to looking at the class.

The class for the most part was silent. What was going on? How did this new kid know Mr.Shioda? And why did their teacher know this kid? The day was getting stranger by the minute.

One student bravely raised their hand.

"Yes Ryan?" Kazu asked once he had looked up from the piece of paper that had gotten Takato into his class.

"How come you know this new kid?" Ryan asked, putting his hand down.

"It's a long story Ryan, and I'll tell I to you all later. Class this is Takato Matsuki, he will be in our class this week" Kazu said introducing Takato.

"Takato, do you want to say anything to the class?" Kazu asked, walking over to his desk and leaning on it, waiting for Takato to be finished.

"Uh, hi" Takato began nervously.

"Hey he's got a D-Ark!" Someone shouted from the middle of the class, causing all eyes to be drawn to Takato where his white and gold D-Ark lay.

"Are you a Tamer?" Another student asked.

"No way! Digimon stopped appearing 6 months ago remember? Besides it looks like those plastic ones you can buy at the stores now" A different student commented.

An argument soon broke out between the class, cauing Kazu to move to the front to get every ones attention.

"Alright class! Listen up!" Kazu yelled over the roar of the class.

A few minutes later the class was silent once again.

"Now, I didn't want to tell this story just yet, but it seems that I'm going to have to, so I want you all to listen very carefully" Kazu said slowly, and motioned for Takato to take a seat while he told the story.

"You all know that about 20 years ago digimon first started appearing in the real world. You also know that powerful digimon appeared destroying much of the city, does anyone know what I'm talking about?" Kazu asked, waiting for hands to rise into the air.

"Amanda?" Kazu called.

"The digimon that your talking about are the Deva's" Amanda recited.

"Good, now the Devas came to the real world for a reason, why did they come? Anyone?" Kazu asked when no one raised their hands.

"The Devas were looking for Calumon, the Catalyst of Digivolution" Takato said with out raising his hand.

"Right, anyway, three Tamers fought the Devas and deleted most of them before they could do any real damage. One Deva managed to almost total half the city before he was stopped. After the Pig Deva was stopped the Monkey Deva managed to kidnap the Catalyst and take him to the Digital World. After that the Tamers and some of their friends went looking for a portal to the digital world. Upon finding it they went home to prepare for their journey. Once they had arrived in the Digital World they began to search for the Catalyst. On their journey they met many digimon and two of the group managed to get partners of their own. They had made their way to where the Sovereign Zuqaiomon lived and where the Catalyst was kept but a digimon know as Beelzebumon confronted them and deleted one of the Tamer's partners. This caused one of the Tamers to go...beserk...he was intent on Beelzebumon's destruction and had caused his digimon partner to dark digivolve into Megidramon. His digivice shattered. When the Tamer realized what he had done he stopped Megidramon and performed the first ever Biomerge. The new digimon nearly killed Beelzebumon but a plea from the partner of the deceased digimon stopped him. The group continued on and reached Zuqaiomon and rescued Calumon. They had stumbled upon a new enemy though, the D-Reaper. One of the Tamers father's managed to get them back to the real world. All was well for a few days, but some how the D-Reaper had managed to get to the real world. The Tamers fought bravely and won in the end, but every war has a cost and the price was heavy for the Tamers. Their digimon partners had to return to the Digital World. Luckily one of the Tamers found an open portal and brought their partners back" Kazu finished, and waited for the questions to start.

"Wow, that story was so cool Mr.Shioda! What happened to the Tamers after?" Ryan asked.

"Well they went on with their lives" Kazu replied simply.

"Mr.Shioda, when you were telling the story it seemed as though you experienced it" Amanda commented, obviously the brain of the class.

"Well that would be because I was there" Kazu said walking over to his desk and pulling out a white and rusty brown D-Ark and showing it to the class.

"Your serious? You were really there?" On of the students asked excitedly.

"Yup, but I wasn't one of the ones that defeated the D-Reaper. Only four of the Tamers that I was with ever learned to biomerge" Kazu admitted.

"Who were the first Tamers?" A girl in the back asked excitedly, practically bouncing.

"Well.." Kazu said glancing at Takato who nodded at his new teacher.

"Alright how about this? I'll right the names of all but one Tamer on the board and see if you can match them up with their partner" Kazu said, already writing the names of the Tamers and their partners on the board.

"Alright class, you've had 10 minutes, lets see if any of you got them right" Kazu suggested.

"The first name is Suzy Wong any guesses on who her partner is?" Kazu asked.

Hands flew up into the air.

"Kai, who do you think?" Kazu asked, finally picking on of the hands.

"Was it the MarineAngemon?" Kai asked timidly.

"No, good try though. Anyone else?" Kazu asked.

"Was it the Terriermon?" Ryan asked.

"No but your getting closer, how about you Pam" Kazu asked.

"Well you said that Terriermon was close so I guess it has to be the Lopmon!" Pam said brightly.

"That's right!" Kazu said encouragingly.

"How about Rika Nonaka?" Kazu asked, suppressing a shudder at the thought of the temper of Rika.

"Lauren, what do you think?" Kazu asked gently to the girl in front of him.

"Well I guessed it was the Renamon..." Lauren said shyly.

"Very good..oh drats we're running out of time, I'll just match them up for you now..Oh before I do, does anyone know who MY partner is?" Kazu asked as he moved towards the board.

"I bet it was the Cyberdramon!" Pam burst out.

"Actually Kazu was partnered with Guardromon" Takato said, head resting on his arms. He was dying of boredom, he knew all this, heck he LIVED it.

"Ya, well Takato why don't you give us the details on everything?" Kazu asked smugly, he was going to get Takato good.

"You are so evil..Oh well, Henry Wong-Terriermon, Suzy Wong-Lopmon, Ai and Mako Taret( I don't know they're reall last name so live with this people)- Impmon, Ryo Akiyama-Cyberdramon, Kazu Shioda-Guardromon, Kenta Kitagawa- MarineAngemon, Jeri Katou-Leomon, Rika Nonaka-Renamon" Takato rambled on.

"Your forgetting one person Takato" Kazu reminded him.

"I know" Takato replied steadily.

"Hm, it's tempting to tell the class, what do you think class? Should I tell you who the last Tamer is? The first person to Biomerge with their partner? The only Tamer who actually created his partner?" Kazu asked, teasing them with the information.

"Please?" Most of the class begged.

"Amanda? Do you have something to say?" Kazu asked when Amanda raised her hand.

"Yes, I know the name of the boy, he actually disappeared 20 years ago, no one has seen him since. His name was Takato Matsuki the same as our new class mate, I think that he may be the son of the long lost Tamer. The real Takato Matsuki was so cool, I did some research on his partner and all his digivolutionary stages. It was really interesting, Guilmon was the digimon's name that you were talking about before. He digivolved to Grolwmon as his champion stage, WarGrowlmon as his ultimate and Gallantmon as his mega level. I learned it all so that if one day I ever met him I could challenge him to a digimon battle with my partner Bokomon." Amanda said calmly.

"Wow, so you know about Guilmon huh? Do you know ALL of his attacks? And ALL of his levels?" Takato asked looking really smug.

"I just told you didn't I? As for his attacks they are Guilmon-Pyro Sphere, Growlmon-Pyro Blaster, WarGrowlmon-Atomic Blaster, and Gallantmon-Lightning Joust" Amanda rambled on, looking pleased with herself.

"Obviously you didn't get all the information" Takato said, leaning back in his chair.

"I looked every where! I got ALL the information Mr.Knowitall!" Amanda said hotly, obviously getting angry because she wasn't impressing Takato with her vast knowledge.

"Well I guess they didn't have all the information did they? Tell you what class, tomorrow I'll see if I can get some of the first digimon Tamers in here tomorrow and you can ask them some questions. I'll even see if I can get them to bring their partners, how does that sound?" Kazu asked.

The class cheered, if they had this they could put this weeks test off till the next day.

"Alright, all right calm down...." Kazu began, and smiled.

"Now I want a show of hands for who has a digimon partner" Kazu said and counted the hands that flew into the air.

"Alright, 9 people, now I want you to tell me who your partner is and at lunch I'm going to see if I can get the principal to let you bring your partners to class tomorrow, Amanda you first" Kazu said as he grabbed a piece of paper to write the names down with.

"My partner is Bokomon" Amanda stated proudly.

"Alright, Ryan you next" Kazu said as he continued to write down the names of the digimon.

"Uh, I've got Hawkmon for a partner" Ryan said as Kazu wrote it down quickly.

"Erin..and then Amy" Kazu rambled on.

"I have Palmon" Erin said, sitting straight.

"And I have Salmon" Amy mumbled.

"Great...Lisa and Robert you two next" Kazu said, not even looking up from his desk.

"I have a Tentomon" Lisa said shyly.

"I have Neemon!" Robert said proudly, though a few of the class snickered when they heard he had Neemon for a partner.

"Bryan, Alex and last but not least, Yami" Kazu said, finally looking up to see that half the class had fallen asleep.

"My partners the best! Agumon!" Bryan said, beaming.

"I have Meramon" Alex said calmly.

"I have DarkGomamon" Yami stated plainly with out looking up from his desk.

"Great, but one of you won't be able to bring your partner..Alex, I know the school won't let you bring Meramon, he's just to hot for this school to handle if you know what I mean" Kazu joked as he folded the paper and stuck it in his back pocket.

"Yes sir..." Alex mumbled dejectedly.

"I'm sorry Alex, but you know the principal has that thing about fire..." Kazu said, trying not to smile as he remembered what happened last summer.

~~Mini Flashback!~~

"So if we get insurance against Digimon attacks not only will we get insurance money to rebuild, we'll get a tracking system to?" Principal Kenrant asked his visitor.

"That's the just of it" Yamaki said flicking his lighter back and forth.

"Well then I guess I should....Mr.Yamaki may I borrow your lighter?" Mr.Kenrant asked and plucked Yamaki's lighter from his hands before he could answer.

"Mr.Kenrant!" Yamaki began, but it was to late.

Fwumph!

Mr.Kenrant blinked in surprise, now why did his head feel cooler?

"Mr.Kenrant....." Yamaki warned as Mr.Kenrant ran a hand over his now bald head.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mr.Kenrant shouted mournfully, his lovely chestnut hair was now gone.

~~ End Mini Flashback~~

A loud bell rang through the school, letting teachers and students know that it was lunch.

"Alright class, don't forget, we have a Math Quiz after lunch!" Kazu reminded the stampeding children cheerfully.

The class let out a collective groan but continued on their way out of the classroom.

A few minutes later Takato and Kazu were alone.

"So Chumly, hows school?" Kazu said, grinning evilly.

"Oh just great Kazu, it couldn't be better" Takato said sarcastically.

"Good, well I have to go talk to the principal, why don't you go get some lunch?" Kazu suggested as he walked out the door.

"Sure, why don't you just hand me over to the crocodiles now Kazu?" Takato muttered and left the class too.

~~3 hours later~~

"Mom I'm home!" Takato yelled as he walked in the front door.

"Yer Mom's upstairs in yer room, said something about redecorating" A flour covered Impmon said from the living room

"Great, uh Impmon? What happened to you?" Takato asked, already afraid of the answer.

"Guilmon wanted to know if you could eat flour, he sneezed and well...." Impmon stated, trying to bang some of the flour out of his gloves.

Takato paled, if Impmon looked like this, then how did the kitchen fair?

Takato ran into the kitchen and nearly fainted at what he saw before him.

Everything was covered in a thick layer of flour.....EVERYTHING.

"I am so dead" Takato whispered and tried to clean some of the mess up before his mother saw it.

"My day just keeps getting better and better.." Takato mumbled hatefully.

It took a while, but he had finally finished, JUST as his mother came down from his room.

"Takato, I've finished with your room, it's not what it was, but it's better than a futon" Mrs.Matsuki told her son.

"Great" Takato said, pleased that he wouldn't be spending another night on the floor.

"Oh Impmon, where do you live? I want to know so I can drop some bread off later" Mrs.Matsuki stated casually.

Impmon made no response, what was he TO say? He didn't really have a home.

"Uh..." Impmon said, still trying to come up with an answer to Mrs.Matsuki's question.

Takato took matters into his own hands and whispered into his mother's ear.

Mrs.Matsuki gasped at what Takato told her.

"You don't have a home huh? Well Mister, you got one now, and I expect you to behave" Mrs.Matsuki said and went to cooking dinner without another thought.

Impmon was stunned.

"Buh, I uh..." Impmon stuttered trying to find the words he wanted to say.

"It's okay Impmon, besides, my Mon likes you, I think she would have tried to kidnap you if you had told her you lived somewhere else" Takato said, and dragged Impmon up the stairs.

"Oh and boys? I want ALL of you clean, every INCH, got it?"Mrs.Matsuki stated, not even looking at the retreating forms of Takato and Impmon.

Takato and Impmon shared a look.

"I hate water..." Impmon replied nastily.

"I don't like baths either..hey where's Guilmon?" Takato asked, realizing he had yet to be tackled by his red friend.

"Said somethin' about squirrels" Impmon said, leaning on the hall wall while Takato checked out his revamped room.

"I told him not to chase the squirrels....I'm gonna go get him, you want to come Impmon?" Takato asked as he slipped a couple new cards he had got from school into his deck.

"Na, I'm gonna chill here for a while" Impmon said as he plopped down on the floor making flour puff up and settle on the floor.

"Alright...I'll be back soon, try not to cause to much trouble" Takato smiled as he left.

"Me? Trouble?" Impmon asked, looking innocent as possible.

Takato just smiled and shook his head, leaving for the bakery in search of his partner.

~~~Digidestined Realm, Eastern Quadrant, Real World~~~

"Oh Tai.............I'm so glad to see you, you can't understand what it's been like for all of us........"Mrs.Kamiya wept happily.

"Your right Mom, I don't know. It felt like I was only gone a day" Tai said, walking over to his mother and grasping her aged hands in his own.

Mrs.Kamiya leaned forward and hugged her son.

While Tai was with his parents the other three Digidestined were being suffocated by their own parents.

"It's a miracle!" Mrs.Ichijoji cried happily as she smothered her son in hugs and kisses.

"Mom, calm down! I'm not going anywhere!" Ken promised, trying to keep Wormon from being squished between him and his mother.

Davis' and Matt's parents had a little more control.

The same thing couldn't be said for June though.........

"DAVIS!!!!!!!! WHERE ON THIS EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" June shrieked, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him roughly.

She finally stopped when DemiVeemon decided to take a chunk out of her ankle.

"Ah let go you little demon!" June yelled and let go of Davis to try and throttle DemiVeemon.

"June! Leave him alone!" A different voice said from behind June.

"Alright Bearmon.....but he bit me!" June whined to her partner.

Matt's family was fairly laid back, but his Mother kept tapping his shoulder, checking to see if he was real.

While their partners dealt with their parents Agumon and Gabumon discussed their loss to Gallantmon.

"I don't get it!" Gabumon groaned in frustration.

"Don't get what?" Agumon asked, turning bright green eyes towards Gabumon.

"Gallantmon, he beat us so easily! It doesn't make any sense, as Omnimon we are a level BEYOND mega, and he beat us! To me that doesn't make any sense!" Gabumon said, almost yelling.

"Gabumon you should know by now that level doesn't mean anything" Agumon said, shaking his head.

"But it still won't leave me................there was something about that digimon.......I can't quite place it............" Gabumon sighed and gave up, it didn't make any sense and Agumon wasn't helping. Maybe he could talk to Matt later.......

"Alright, it's getting late and the boys have had a long day, lets get them home" Sora ordered, taking charge.

Tai and Matt nodded, silently agreeing.

Everyone moved slowly, tired from the days events.

As the Digidestined and their parents left a lone shadow flicked across the room studying the retreating forms of 4 certain Digidestined.

Davis glanced back, something didn't feel right.........

He quickly shrugged it off when no one else noticed, blaming his lack of sleep for the day for the strange feeling.

"Soon, soon the worlds will be mine................" A sinister voice snickered and disappeared with the shadow.

~~~Digidestined Realm, Northern Quadrant, Real World~~~

"How long until we cross over to the Digital World?" JP asked, he was already bored.

"Well it took like 20 minutes last time and it's been about 15 so I guess we should be crossing over soon" Zoe said, gazing longingly at her cell phone, waiting for it to change into the light purple D-Tector that was once hers.

Tommy looked out the window, thinking about the first time they entered the Digital World.

Kouji and Kouchi talked quietly while Takuya remained silent.

A strange thing if you knew Takuya at all.

Something was bothering Takuya and it was getting worse as they got closer to the Digital World.

"Takuya are you all right? You haven't said a word since we climbed on Trailmon............" Kouji asked, he had walked up when he noticed that Takuya was so quiet.

"I'm fine, it's notHING!" Takuya cried as he was dumped from his seat when the Trailomon switched to a different track.

The last thing Takuya saw was his friends forms shift to their human spirit and back to their normal human forms.

Takuya felt his form change as he slipped into unconsciousness.

To bad he never had a chance to realize that unlike his friends, he didn't shift back............................
Sign up to rate and review this story