Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > A Series of Ficlets

Machines and Magic

by Lazuli 0 reviews

Drabble prompt: Riku/Sora as old men, "It's your own fault your hip hurts when the weather changes," Sora scoffed, shaking a spoon at Riku and not noticing when oatmeal fwipped across the room ...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cid, Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 267 words

0Unrated
"It's your own fault your hip hurts when the weather changes," Sora scoffed, shaking a spoon at Riku and not noticing when oatmeal fwipped across the room to land on old Cid's cheek.

Riku glared back at Sora, huffing and hunching over in his chair. "Just because I decided that we were getting rusty and practicing was a good thing..." He sensed a rumbling anger behind him and he turned to see a extemely old and cranky Cid behind them.

"Your damn hip hurts because you almost broke it last time something like this happened and now you were playing in the rain." He bellowed. "Now, are you going to reverse the power of those stupid keyblades of yours or do you enjoy torturing us all like this?"

Sora gulped and ran a wrinkly hand through thinning hair. "Ehehe...but Cid--if we do that, who'd take care of us once you got finished blowing us up? It's your fault the Keyblades backfired like that..."

And it was true--having jammed the machinery that he was working on, Cid snuck a hand around Riku's Keyblade and managed to momentarily close his hand on it. Unfortunately, Riku's blade was more tempermental than any of Sora's and the resulting backlash of electricity, grinding gears and some very confused magic left them all fifty years older.

Sora didn't want to stay old and while Riku looked...well...okay as an old man, Cid was positively terrifying. He prayed that they'd never been in this situation in the future.

Having to repeat it three times before he was twenty was enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story