Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > A Series of Ficlets

Legends

by Lazuli 0 reviews

Riku muses over the legend of the Islands. Prompt: How about something to do with paopu fruit set after Sora & Riku return to the islands?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 166 words

0Unrated
The legend of the islands said that if you share the Paopu fruit with someone you care about, your destinies will forever be intertwined. When Riku was younger he wondered if that was something made up to make the gullible tourists buy the star shaped pendants.

Now Riku wonders if it counts if your hearts are already connected, bound together in a way that was unbreakable. Sora's heart was strong enough to restore the worlds and forgive the one who helped destroy them. Riku was certain that Sora didn't need a Paopu fruit to connect to anyone's destiny--he was already a part of so many.

But as he split the fruit apart and handed the other half to Sora, Riku couldn't help but smiling. Silly stories aside, sometimes sharing something that like this connected to their childhood and sweet memories.

Riku couldn't restore the worlds or connect hearts--but at least he could touch Sora's and feel the privelege of that returned touch in return.
Sign up to rate and review this story