Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Playing the Angel

Change in Direction

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The latest death throws the game into a nasty loop and Asmodeus now has to work around his mishap.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-07-25 - 1060 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty: Change in Direction:

December 5th, 2010.

A hungover party girl wandered through the alleyways to get home. Last night felt like overkill. Too much booze. Too more white powder. Too much partying. Too much dancing. Too much hooking up. The party girl stumbled in her tall golden glitter heels against a dumpster. By grabbing onto said dumpster, she was able to stop herself from landing on her butt. The party girl put her hand to her forehead and groaned.

"I need a cigarette," she muttered as she tried for ten minutes to stand. When the party girl got her balance back, she continued her walk. However, she slowed to a stop and dropped her orange purse.

Her screaming filled the Tokyo morning sky.

9:35 a.m.

A crowd watched as the police examined the body. The victim lay face down on the pavement. They had no wallet or ID on them, but that wasn't all missing.

"Where is the skin?" one the cops whispered. "Or clothes? Or the hair?" His partner shook his head.

"Think it still has the teeth?" he asked.

"Yeah. We're waiting for the CSIs to get here." He and his partner turned back to the body. It reminded them of meat cooking in the winter sun.

Tsuzuki and Hisoka watched from across the street.

"Another one of Asmodeus' victims, huh?" Tsuzuki asked. His partner frowned.

"Something isn't right," Hisoka said.

"Huh?" the older shinigami asked.

"Where's the other victim?"

Tsuzuki looked at the crowd as two CSIs made their way to the body. "You're right. Maybe they died elsewhere?"

"But wouldn't they skinned and stripped too?"

His partner thought about the circumstances. Suspicion increased when he caught onto the medics' talking as they walked by with the bagged-up body.

"What kind of sicko skins the body, chops off the genitals, and removes the teeth and tongue?" one of them asked. Tsuzuki turned to Hisoka.

"Did you catch that?" he asked.

"Yes," his partner said. Suddenly, Tsuzuki's phone rang.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Good morning, gentlemen," Asmodeus purred on the other line. Tsuzuki's nostrils flared.

"You!" he snapped. Hisoka whipped his head around.

"Calm down," the lust demon said. "I just called to apologize to you."

Last night wasn't supposed to happen like it unfolded. The target was stabbed in the abdomen. She stood, blinking.

"Y-Y-You stabbed me," she said. But, she didn't fall down or bleed. Her date dragged the knife to her chest. The woman with the light blue hair didn't move. There wasn't even any emotion on her face. Her date frowned. This wasn't supposed to happen.

He got off on the fear. Blood and violence were his foreplay. The final moments of the woman life at his mercy made his mouth water. But she wasn't reacting how he wanted her to. She wasn't scared or dying. Shocked, but not scared. Her date shook his head.

"What… What are you?" he asked. The target pulled out the knife. Her date's eye widened as the metal hit the pavement.

"Why did you do that?" she asked. Her date began backing away.

"No…" he murmured.

"What's wrong?" the target asked. "I just want love." She leapt forward and tackled her prey.

"Love me!" the target shouted. He didn't even get a chance to scream.

"I assume you saw the latest body?" Asmodeus asked.

"Why?" Tsuzuki asked.

"It wasn't supposed to go like that."

"Uh-huh."

"My kills have been intimate as you have seen in the past. That… was just savage."

Tsuzuki narrowed his eyes. "Why should we believe you?"

"Follow the police and see." The lust demon hung up before questions could follow. Tsuzuki gritted his teeth.

"Damn it," he hissed.

"Him again?" Hisoka asked. His partner lowered his phone to his side.

"Yes."

"What did he want?"

It made the older shinigami want to vomit to repeat it. "To apologize."

Hisoka gave him a confused look. "What?"

"Yes. He wants us to follow the body to a prove a point."

Hisoka frowned. "Do we really have a choice?" Konoe had already started asking questions. The boys had to be vague with their reports. They didn't have any way to slip hints back to Ju-Oh-Cho just yet.

"Shall we get this over with?" Tsuzuki asked.

"We don't have a choice," Hisoka pointed out. His partner grimaced as they teleported from the scene.

Asmodeus lowered his phone. Not all plans go off without a hitch. That one wild card jumps in and wrecks everything. The lust demon knew what came next.

"Something wrong?" a woman's voice asked. Asmodeus turned his head.

"Oh, it's you," he said. Kaede closed the door behind her as she entered the room. Her footsteps made no sound as she walked. She took a seat in front of his desk.

"Not really," her boss said. "I just had a minor setback with a succubus."

"I am sorry to hear that."

Asmodeus shook his head. "She hid her energy so well to. I've been around since the Roman Empire and she threw me off. He himself wasn't the problem."

"Now what?"

"I've already sent the boys to go look at that serial killer's body in the morgue as proof I had nothing to do with that death."

"And the succubus?"

Her master leaned back in his leather rolling chair. "Long gone by now."

"Where did you find her?"

"Her friends found me through our hooking up web site."

"How is that doing, master?"

"Really good. I have another match lined up."

"And Anna-san?"

Asmodeus' lips curved into a smirk. "We'll just have to see how long before she cracks." He began to frown. "But that seal around her neck has to go."

"Yes, master."

Asmodeus' mood changed again. "Did you want to see me for something?"

"Yes," Kaede said. She handed him her black tablet. The lust demon read over the screen. He smiled and scowled through the screen to the bottom.

"Excellent," Asmodeus said. He stood up and walked out of his office. Kaede followed behind.

Tsuzuki and Hisoka stood silent outside of the police station. The older shinigami turned to his partner.

"Well," he said. "Asmodeus was right. He certainly didn't have all of that done to him." Hisoka didn't speak. Did this mean they would have to deal with three problems now? Tsuzuki sighed and rubbed his forehead. Hisoka shook his head.
Sign up to rate and review this story