Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Company

by story_master 4 reviews

Jay's warning goes ignored but soon the others will regret ignoring his warning.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-28 - Updated: 2006-08-28 - 1017 words

1Exciting
Altanta woke up in a dark and damp place. It was dimmly lit so she couldn't see too well. From what she could see, she was in a cave of some sort with one entrance. That entrance just happened to be above her about forty feet or so. She tried to get up but she was tied up and chained to the cave's wall. Also her body hurt not only from her trip to the Shadow Realm but from being transported somehow by Theresa. Atlanta was looking around when she felt a sharp pain go through her. Then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Archie was the first one up in the morning. He was in the kitchen when he heard someone behind him. He turned to see Theresa was standing behind him. She had a smirk on her face.

" What are you so happy about?" he asked.

" I'm so happy because I'll finally live in a world without you." she said, drawing out each word slowly.

" Huh?" Archie was a little more than confused.

Before Archie could say anything else, Theresa's eyes started to glow and she waved a hand in front of him. Then he felt an unmatchable pain as everything started to spin. Then he was gone... just like at Atlanta.

Theresa's eyes were still glowing as she heard someone coming down the stairs. She went back to normal as Odie came around the corner.

" Was that Archie?" he asked as he sat down across from the red head.

" Oh, uhh.. yeah. He just left for a run with Atlanta. She got back late last night." Theresa said as she looked at her friend.

There were more footsteps on the stairs and the other three boys appeared around the corner. The four boys started talking but Theresa's attention was somewhere else. Her eyes darted from person to person as she chose her next victim. ' Neil, your luck is about to run out.' she thought wickedly.

" Theresa? Theresa?" Neil snapped his fingers in front of her face.

" What?" she asked, coming back to reality.

" I said do you want to go to the mall today? There's some sales on." Neil said looking at his friend.

" Sure. I'd love to go to the mall with you Neil." she replied, smiling.

The two got ready and Theresa was first out the door. As Neil was about to leave Jay grabbed his arm.

" Be careful." he warned.

" Jay we're just going shopping." Neil said, ignoring his leaders warning.

The two were off to the mall in Theresa's red convertable. They pulled into the parking lot and started to shop. Little did Neil know that this was the last sale he'd ever go to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the dorm Jay was talking with Odie while Herry watched some t.v.

" I'm telling you she is working with Cronus." Jay said, debating with Odie.

" No way. She finds his existance repulsive. She would never work with him." Odie defended his friend.

" I know what I saw." Jay said.

" I think you have Cronus on the brain. You must've been dreaming." Odie replied.

" Then where are Archie and Atlanta?" Jay asked, trying desperatly to get his teammates to believe him.

" Theresa said they went for a run." Odie said.

" For three hours." Jay said.

" You know how competative those two get." Odie replied.

" I still say she's working with him." Jay said crossing his arms.

" And I still say you have Cronus on the brain." Odie replied as he got up and joined Herry in the living room.

Jay sighed in defeat and went into the living room. The three boys started to watch a movie. Jay wasn't really concentrating on it. ' Maybe Odie is right.' Jay thought doubting himself. His thoughts were interupted when the front door opened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie woke to find himself staring up at Atlanta. His head was pounding. ' What did she do to me?' he thought as he sat up. Pain still shot through his body.

" Archie are you okay?" she asked as he looked around.

" Yeah. A little sore but I'll live. Where are we?" he replied.

" Don't know. All I know is when I get my hands on Theresa I'm going to..." she let her voice trail.

" Yeah. I guess we should've listened to Jay." Archie sighed.

" Well at least now I have company." Atlanta said looking at Archie.

" Yeah. Nothing worse than being stuck in a damp cave alone." Archie joked making her laugh. He laughed too.

Atlanta shivered and leaned back against the rock wall. Archie pu this arm around her and pulled her close. He was a little cold too. This way they would both be warm. He looked down at her and saw she was blushing. He was blushing too. There little moment was interupted when they heard a scream and someone fall in front of them. Atlanta and Arhcie both jumped a little. They looked at the body and it was Neil. He was unconsious. They sighed and pulled him up against the wall beside them.

" Look more company." Archie said laughing a little.

Atlanta laughed again. At least they were trying to keep their spirits up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa walked in with a few shopping bags. She smiled at the boys and kept walking.

" Where's Neil?" Jay asked standing up.

" He's still at the mall. I got a little tired and told him I pick him up later." she replied, not stopping.

Jay didn't believe her. But he had no proof otherwise. So he just sighed again and sat back down. Theresa disappeared up the stairs.
~*~

Will Jay convince the others that Theresa is working with Cronus before it's too late? Where are Atlanta, Archie and Neil? Will they escape? What plan does Cronus have in store for them? Who will Theresa get next? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked that chapter. There was some A/A in there but not a lot. But don't worry there will be lots soon. And there will be lots of J/T too. Please rate and review. Constructive cristism is welcome too. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story