Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Changes of Opinion

Chapter 1

by RevyCaitEll 1 review

When the GiW go too far and Amity's ghosts are becoming more vicious, public opinion is easily swayed. When previous research on ghosts is proven false, things get complicated.

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-07-14 - Updated: 2016-08-05 - 753 words

2Insightful
Hello. I freaking love Danny Phantom so I decided to take a crack at writing some random story. This is the result.

It's set after d-stabilised.

Enjoy;)

XxxxxXxxxxXxx

Flying lazily over Amity Park, Danny had not been expecting Vortex to snatch him straight out of the air and send him plummeting to the street below. He didn't appreciate being tossed into three shop fronts either. Gingerly he pulled glass splinters out of his arm. Green oozed from the wounds. He cracked his bruised back, satisfied with the loud pops.

'Vortex?' Danny scowled, last time they had met he remembered getting shocked. A lot. The damage caused by his storms had taken ages to clean up. Vlad had also blamed the entire mess on Danny Phantom. Ghost hunters had been chasing him especially for weeks afterwards. Not fun.

"Ghost Child, you'll be in for it now, as I" Vortex paused to take a gulp of air "will be giving the shock of your miserable afterlife," a sinister grin spread across the weather ghost's face.

The air just changed. Electricity buzzed through the gathering clouds. A tingle washed over the half ghost before the lightning struck, hitting dead on. Danny screamed his throat raw in seconds. Everything burned. His body twisted and thrashed on its own accord. Black squiggly lines invaded his vision and all sound was dulled. It stopped after what felt like hours.

Danny curled up on the ground, arms and legs twitching, while other muscles in his back and stomach spasmed out of control. His eyes were open, but he couldn't see. Raw agony gripped him, burning talons ripped through each individual cell.

The ground focused into view, and Danny noted the green swirling mass in front of him. His head rang and any coherent thought was chased off by the overwhelming stimulus of hurt, pain that his nerves told his scrambled brain. Not that it did him much good. What was left of his vision dulled to black and white, like Poindexter's realm his mind supplied. Then it just faded out and Danny gave up on trying to cling to consciousness.

XxxXxxxXxxxXxx

The town of Amity Park, ghost central of America, was fairly used to the random ghost attacks, invasions and whatnot. It was the quirk of living there. While said ghost attacks caused plenty smashed cars and body shaped imprints on walls and pavement, the locals could not deny the tourism it brought with it.

Amity was beginning to flourish, despite the numerous battles that raged within the town. Ghost Watch, the channel dedicated to ghost watching, was brimming with success, profits and views. Debates raged on about the ghosts that plagued Amity, not forgetting the infamous Ghost Boy, Danny Phantom. People flocked from all over the world to visit the haunted town, their spent money flowing into Amity. New shops, hotels and gift stores sprung up, eager to please the mass of tourists streaming into the town.

Phantom had unwittingly become Amity's ghost mascot. His face was plastered on signs with the caption "Home of Danny Phantom". Ghost Watch planted ghost sensors throughout the town, courtesy of the Fentons. No battle went unnoticed. Betting shops had even popped up, and Phantom had made more than a few people rich with winnings.

The minute Vortex appeared, darkening the skies as he did so, Ghost Watch's camera was trained on the ensuing battle. The people of Amity halted, and eyes and ears were focused on the TV or radio. When the lightning struck everyone saw the target. Phantom collapsed to the ground, limbs out of control. Viewers tried to ignore the tortured screams. After the lightning abruptly stopped, one seriously fried ghost kid was left in its wake.

Phantom didn't get up. No witty banter was exchanged. Vortex towered over Phantom, a malicious grin spread across his face. This wasn't good.

Amity's Ghost Evac Alarm wailed through the the air, desperately activated when Phantom didn't stir. The Ghost Boy remained motionless on the street bar the occasional twitches of limbs.

The cocky atmosphere vanished. Fear grasped with its icy fingers. The townspeople of Amity Park fled to the town square, where one of the sturdiest ghost shields that the Fentons had ever created resided. A glowing green dome materialised, encasing the cowering citizens.

The attacking weather ghost, Vortex, plucked up the defenceless ghost kid and threw him down the street, laughing as Phantom crashed face first into concrete.

XxxxxXxxxxXxxx

It's a bit short, but don't worry there will be more :)
Sign up to rate and review this story