Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Hard To Say

Seasons

by xmakexoutxkidx 2 reviews

"All right, all right! You people ready to see a show?" the owner shouted into the mic. The crowed cheered. "Nice, well here's your opening act...Good Charlotte!" they cheered a little louder and t...

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-08-28 - Updated: 2006-08-29 - 647 words

0Unrated
"Joel, get your ugly ass in here!" Benji shouted.

"Dude, you're my twin!" I shouted back, picking up the last piece of equipment out of the back of the van.

"I'm still sexier!" I had to laugh. He's such an idiot sometimes...well, most the times. I got a better grip on the small amp and jogged into the back of the club.

It was our last show in D.C. before we went on tour with Lit. This was the best thing that's happened to me in two years. We were finally getting a break in life.

"Bout time dude" Paul said. I gave him a 'what-the-fuck' look.

"I've been out there for like, five minutes"

"Yeah, I know" he said, then laughed. "come on man, we got sound check"

"Can you believe this is happening?" he asked as we walked toward the stage.

"I know man. It's so weird"

"It seems just like yesterday we were playing in Lacie's cousin's basement"

Lacie. God, nothing's been the same since she left. I still go days without sleep. It's that bad, in two years it's still that bad. I think the fact that I drove her away played a major part in it. It's just so easy to think that, if only I had apologized, everything would be ok. That's it! That's all I had to do. That's why I hate my self for it now. Me and my stupid, arrogant pride.

"Joel! Are you with us?" Billy asked. I shook my head and looked up.

"Huh? Yeah, lets get started" I said, trying to push her to the back of my mind. Benji looked at me with sympathy, he knew I still missed her.

"Lets start with Seasons" Aaron called, and did the count off. Benji started playing his acoustic and I waited for my 'cue'

"Summer air reminds me of, all the feeling of your love..."

Seasons is just one of the many songs I've written about her. I've gotten used to singing it though, I just pretend it's three years ago and I'm singing it to her. She, of course, doesn't know it's about her or even the fact I write songs about her...all except 'Time After Time'. I sung that to her after our first big fight.

"I wanna fall in love...tonight!" I finished the song and took a deep breath and let it out quickly.

We did a few more songs and fixed any tuning problems and things before returning to the 'back stage' area.

"Hey guys" Kevin said, entering the room.

"Hey" Benji replied for all of us.

"You guys ready for the show?" he asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be" Billy replied.

"Kevin, our turn for check" Jeremy said, showing up in the doorway.

"All right, see you guys later" he said, and left with his band mate.

"I cant believe we're actually doing this" Benji started. "I'm half expecting to wake up and this all be a dream or something"

I wish these past two years were a dream. I wish that night were a dream. God knows they were nightmares, only just the kind you can really wake from because you're not really sleeping.

"I know what you mean man, it's all just so unreal" Aaron added

The next thing I know, it was time for the show. The club was filling with people almost as fast as my stomach was filling with butterflies.

"All right, all right! You people ready to see a show?" the owner shouted into the mic. The crowed cheered. "Nice, well here's your opening act...Good Charlotte!" they cheered a little louder and the lights dimmed. I took a deep breath to try to hide my nervousness and took my place behind the mic. I looked back. The guys were ready. The curtains raised and the spot light hit us.
Sign up to rate and review this story