Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Danny FarFrozen

Little Halfa

by Neeko96 3 reviews

Little Danny was showing off his parents latest invention, a portal to the ghost zone, when he has an accident. After a strange creature emerges Danny suddenly finds himself in the arms of a furry ...

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-07-13 - Updated: 2016-08-12 - 3047 words

1Original
This is a cross post from my Fanfiction account. This AU story begins with Danny at the age of 4 and is centered mostly around the idea of Danny being raised in the GZ. I'm using Frosty Phantom which is the Frostbite/Danny Father/Son pairing.

Ch. 1 - Little Halfa

"My mommy and daddy are so cool! They build all sorts of blasters and things!" I lead my new friend down the stairs. Her name was Sam and she's in my preschool class!

"Blasters?"

"Yeah." I held up my hand like a gun. "Zap Zap!"

When we entered the lab her face lite up brightly in amazement. "Wow!"

"Yeah!" I then ran over to the wall on the other side. "I even get my own suit!" I held up the black and white hazmat suit to show her. "It was made just for me." I quickly slipped it on and zipped it up. "Ta-da!" She giggled at me. "What?"

She pointed at me, still laughing. "It's got your Daddy's face on it."

I looked down at the eyesore stuck to my suit. "When did he put that there?" I quickly tried to pull it off but I couldn't grip it too well with my gloved fingers.

"Here I'll do it!" She walked over and easily pealed the ridiculous sticker of my chest. I then continued to show her around the lab. "See there are some of the blasters and there is a ghost net shooter!" She quickly gazed in wonder as I pointed everything out. "My Daddy loves to bring me down here and tell me all about his new toys!"

I turned to her again and noticed she had wandered away to the hole in the wall. "What's this?"

I ran over to her. "That's the ghost portal. It's supposed to lead to the ghost's home, but Mommy and Daddy couldn't get it to work right."

"You can look at it for them." She suggested.

I panicked at the suggestion. "No way! I'm not even allowed down here without Mommy or Daddy and they told me not to go near it."

She turned longingly at the portal and then back to me. "But wouldn't it be neat to see where ghosts live? If you fix it, your Mommy and Daddy couldn't stay mad at you." I thought on the idea for a little bit and nodded hesitantly. I really wanted to see it.

I slowly walked into the portal and traced all of the big wires that were all over it. I didn't understand what all of these were, or why they were there. My gaze floated around the inside until it fell on something I did recognize. I giggled to myself but Sam heard. "What's so funny?"

I reached up towards it. "Silly Daddy. He put the ON button in the inside." I was on my tiptoes and desperately reaching for the button only barely brushing it with my fingers. I then tried to jump a little and pressed it in enough to activate it. A loud whine was heard and the panels inside started to glow. "Huh?" I started to panic as the glow intensified and little jolts of electricity jumped from the sides. Before I knew what had happened everything turned white and then the pain hit. I had no idea you could ever feel this much pain. I hadn't endured for more than a minute before everything went black.

Next I felt a little aware. My eyes opening to nothing but blurs and shouts. I heard Sam scream and then a voice I didn't recognize shout back. I couldn't move but I didn't really have the motivation to try. I then felt an extremely warm hand on my arm. Whoever it was in the lab with us, now had me in his arms and I couldn't do anything.

I could feel myself being shook around and... something else. It was such a strange feeling I just couldn't place. Sam had stopped screaming now and the last thing I saw was a green blur before it went black again.

When I woke again it was cold, I mean really cold. I saw white all around as I gazed up at the sky. Snow was falling and I saw ice everywhere. As I opened my eyes more and felt more awake I noticed I was being carried by someone. They were cold but a lot warmer than the air around me. I looked up at them and fell into sheer terror. It was some kind of monster! He was furry, had fangs and big horns!

I squirmed and squirmed to try and get out of his grip but he held tightly to me. "Let me go!"

"Calm down little one, you're safe now."

I was extremely confused. How was I safe with a monster? "B-but you're a monster!"

He seemed amused at my remark. "Ha ha little one. You should not judge on appearances." I was about to question him again when I suddenly yawned. "Sleep more, little one, it will be a little while before we get back to the village."

Why was I so tired when I just woke up….? I don't get it… "But I…" I found my eyelids heavy and I lacked the will at the time to go against them. What does he want with me? That was the last thing to cross my mind before I drifted back to sleep.

"Is he doing okay?" "So far his status is stable. He doesn't seem to be harmed." I heard voices as I woke again. I could recognize one but the other I didn't. I lifted my arm to my face to shield it from the lamp that glared at me from the stand, next to me.

"Where am I?" I slowly sat up rubbing my eyes and stretching. I wasn't all that worried at the moment because I was still half asleep. I looked around the room groggily with my gaze falling to the hairy monster I remembered from before. I quickly gained my senses as I slowly backed away from him, falling off the bed I was in, in the process.

"Calm yourself little one. You still shouldn't move too much."

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I rubbed the bump on my head. "M- my h-ead!" I just couldn't hold it in as I cried.

Before I knew it I was lifted into the air by the furry monster. "There, there little one. It will be alright." I tried to quell my sobs as I looked at him. He had a very warm smile and didn't seem so scary at all anymore. He held me close and rubbed my head with a claw that looked to be made of ice. I sobbed a few more times as he rubbed my back trying to sooth me.

"He's a halfa Lord Frostbite. We need to send him back to the human world before they come looking for him."

"I doubt that. Humans rarely step foot here aside from pure chance, but I do agree we should find his family." He held me away from him. "Little one, do you know where you dwell?" I thought it over but couldn't even grasp at what he was talking about. Dwell? His expression seemed worried when I didn't respond.

"Lord Frostbite, he might not know what you mean." The other furry monster then looked to me. "Little Danny, he means your house where your mother and father live."

I thought again about it and a feeling of emptiness swept over me as I not only couldn't remember that but I didn't understand the name. "Danny?"

He raised his brow at me. "Isn't that your name? I found it written in your suit."

My mind raced as I tried to reach for the memories. "I-Is it?"

Both their expressions fell to worry. "Do you not remember little one?" I felt more tears well up as I realized I didn't remember anything they were asking. I began to sob more as the monster pulled me to him and pat my back for comfort.

"Hush, it will be alright." What's wrong! Why can't I remember anything. Mommy? Daddy? I didn't even understand what they were! Were they important? Was my home…. Somewhere else?!

"I doubt we'll have much luck finding his home at this point Frostbite."

"You're right. The Infi-map won't take him home unless he at least knows what his home is, and trying to search the human world will only cause panic."

"What do you suggest then sir?"

He stopped patting my back a moment and looked down at me with a sympathetic smile. "I believe it would be safest to just keep him here then. That Flizard may try to take him again, and I can only imagine what he wanted with the boy to begin with." He then raised me up again. "Little one, would you be opposed to staying here? We cannot return you with how things stand now, but we can at least keep you safe." I thought about what he said. It was a little confusing but I think he wanted me to stay here. They seemed nice enough and not as scary as I first thought. I hesitantly nodded. "Splendid. We should make arrangements."

"Are you sure Lord Frostbite? If he changes to his human form he could freeze here."

The one holding me smiled grandly, making his fangs visible. "Do not worry, I know just the thing to help with that. Besides, you saw the analysis yourself, he has far more in common with us than most other ghosts." I then felt my stomach twist and let out a small growl. "Ha Ha! If you are hungry little one, you merely need to ask." I hid my face in his fur as he addressed the other one. "I'll take him to eat. Can you have a room prepared near my quarters?"

"Aye sir!" He then placed his fist over his chest and bowed.

no one's pov

The large monster carried the boy, who was still curled up in his arms, out of the room and down the hall. "Perhaps, little one, you may come to call this place home. We are very sorry for your current problem and only wish to help." The little white haired boy looked up to the large FarFrozen, but remained quiet. As they made their way down through the cavern a light came into view.

The exit was in sight and the young boy sat up a little in his arms to see it. He stared wide eyed at the large snowy landscape before him and at the other large beasts that walked by. Frostbite looked down at the boy and his awestruck expression. He was certain, memory or not, that the boy had never seen such a sight in his life as a human.

He continued on through the snow and up to another cave opening. "Here is where we dine on normal occasions. Though we don't necessarily need the nourishment, it does help in many other aspects such as energy and stamina." The boy turned to him with a very confused face. There was no doubt to the boy that this snow monster spoke really weird. He didn't understand half of what he was saying at all.

They soon entered a large room that was filled with tables. "Alright Little One, I will leave you here and go and fetch some food." As the fury creature went to set the boy down he met resistance. The child's grasp was far stronger than he anticipated, as it remained latched to his fur.

"No!" The boy quickly buried his face in Frostbite's fur. A cross expression spread across the jolly monster's face. He could not force the boy to let go, not with what had been happening already.

He rubbed the small boy's back to comfort him. "It will be alright Little One." The boy's grasp did not loosen despite his comforting words. Frostbite was at a loss of what to do. Just as fate would have it, however, Permafrost had entered the room.

She was of a smaller frame than the others so far and had a very calm demeanor. "Greetings Lord Frostbite, Tundra sent me, saying you may need some help." She quickly sighted the boy who ducked back into the safety of Frostbite's fur. Her face quickly melted to that of a doting parent. "Oh! Well hello there little one. What is your name?" The boy neither responded nor moved.

Frostbite sighed before turning to her. "I'm sorry to say that he has amnesia and has no memories of who he is. Tundra was able to gather that his name is Danny but that is all we know. Unfortunately, that knowledge alone is not enough to find his home."

Permafrost's expression broke down into a sympathetic one. "He has been dealt a harsh hand indeed."

Frostbite turned to the boy still clutching his fur and picked him up again. "It is alright though, I promise to give him the best of care. If we ever do find his family, I hope he can be happy with the time he spent with us." He lifted the boy high into the air, and the boy smiled down at him. It was a simply adorable sight to Permafrost as she leaned her head on her hand. He lifted him up and down causing the little halfa to giggle.

"He's precious."

Frostbite then pulled him back into his embrace. "Yes, and I hope he comes to like this place." He then turned back to the female FarFrozen. "I would very much appreciate your assistance. You see, I need to get him some food but he refuses to let me go."

She clasped her mouth in a laugh. "He must be attached to you already. It would be my honor Lord Frostbite." She then turned and headed through a door at the other side of the room. Frostbite decided to take a seat at the nearby bench with the little halfa.

"Mr. Frostybity"

He looked down at the boy. "Ah, it is Frostbite."

The boy remained quiet a moment. "Frostyedbiter"

The jovial giant laughed. "It is alright Little One you'll get it."

The boy wore an adorable frustrated expression because he couldn't say the name quite right as is often a problem faced by small children and new words. "Frostybit!"

Frostbite proceeded to pat the boy's head. "You try too hard Little One." The boy smiled up to his holder and then tucked his face back into the fur.

Frostbite pov

It was only a few minutes before Permafrost had returned to the room with what looked to be a sandwich. She placed the plate on the table and saluted. "I hope it is to the boy's liking." She then sat down at the table with us.

"Here Little One, she has prepared some nourishment for you."

Permafrost laughed at me. I found it very odd, simply because I had never had that happen so spontaneously before.

"Oh, Lord Frostbite, he is a child. You must use simpler words for him."

I looked down at the boy and he was indeed confused. "Sorry Little One. I meant to say that she made you some food." His confusion faded but he still didn't make a move for the food. "What's wrong?" I saw his eyes jump to Permafrost and then back to me. Was it her? I guess he could be shy….

"Oh, I get it. No worries Lord Frostbite, I need to begin a routine patrol anyway." With that she left us alone in the dining hall. After she was out of the room the boy sat up and grabbed the sandwich. He took one ravenous bite after another, but he didn't say anything as he ate. Once finished the little tike leaned over my arm and yawned. He must still be tired from his long day, I better go and see how Tundra is doing with setting up his room. I once again picked up the young halfa and after a quick stop by my quarters, I found Tundra in a room just down the hall.

"How goes the set up?" The room was rather bare but it did have a bed and a dresser. There was also a large chest across the room. Light leaked in through a very high window.

"I didn't have much to go one with what human children have in their rooms so I went with some essentials. I even put bars on the side of the bed so he wouldn't fall out of it."

I inspected the room thoroughly. From what I could tell, he did a fine job. "Well done Tundra." He saluted me and then proceeded to exit the room. I glanced down at the drowsy boy in my arms. No doubt he had little idea of what was going on around him or the implications of his predicament. This poor little boy was now all alone in the world…. But wait…. He's not. Not really. He now has me.

I felt so much sympathy for the boy and at the same time it was more than that. With the little time I spent with him I found that I had grown attached to him. I gently placed him on the bed and this time he put up little resistance to being let go of. "It's alright now Little One. I'll take care of you." He smiled sleepily as I pulled the covers up.

I then remembered the cold. "Oh, right." I pulled out the little silver gauntlet. "Here you are little one. With this you will not turn human again until it is removed." Although I am hesitant to do this, it is for the best. He could never survive here for very long in his human state. I slipped it on his tiny wrist and it quickly shrank to fit. I then placed his arm under the covers as well and pulled them up to his head. "Good night Little One."

He smiled again and closed his eyes. "Goodnight Frosty…" He turned on his soft bed and quickly fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story