Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Danny FarFrozen

Ghost Powers

by Neeko96 0 reviews

Ghost Powers

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2016-08-12 - 2360 words

0Unrated
Ch. 3 - Ghost Powers

A few days past and Danny gradually felt comfortable in the snowy land of the FarFrozen. He knew several of them by name and was far more open to meeting new ones though he'd still prefer to stay with Frostbite if at all possible. This morning Frostbite went in to wake up the little halfa as he had taken up doing every morning.

He stepped into the room and with a lite whisper called his name. "Oh little one." He peeked over to the bed he was supposed to be sleeping in, but something didn't seem quite right. He walked further into the room. "Little Danny?" Upon further inspection of the bed he saw that Danny was nowhere to be seen. "Danny!?" He looked around in a panic hoping to spy the little boy already up and around.

He looked under the bed and even went so far as to check the chest but the boy was nowhere to be seen. He turned back to the door with panic still apparent on his face. "Little One!" He had his hands cupped around his mouth as he shouted next making his way to the door.

As soon as he made it to the doorway Permafrost stepped in. "What is wrong lord Frostbite?" She saw the worry on his face.

"I can't find Danny! Have you seen him at all this morning!?"

"What's all the yelling about Frosty?" They both turn to the source of the little irritated voice to see Danny sitting up in his bed.

Frostbite ran to him. "Where were you Little One!?"

Danny looked at him in sleepy confusion. "But I was just sleeping….. I was right here."

Frostbite turned to Permafrost in confusion and then turned back to Danny. "But I couldn't see….. you….." He face palmed at his own ignorance. "I can't believe I didn't think of that." He shook his head as he walked towards the little halfa.

"You shouldn't be surprised Frostbite."

He sighed as he picked him up. "I know, he just didn't seem to show any signs for the last few days."

Danny yawned as he rubbed sleep out of his eyes. "Whatcha talkin about Frosty?"

He gave him a semi-smile as he held him in his arms. "You became invisible Little One."

Danny looked at him in obvious confusion. "What's invisdable….. is it something bad?"

He shook his head at Danny and turned towards the closet to retrieve his cloak. "No Little One, it means you could not be seen." He still seemed quite confused as Frostbite set him down and placed on his white cloak. "Here, let me show you." He held up one hand plain for Danny to see and then it vanished.

Danny's jaw dropped in amazement as he moved around the spot where the hand used to be. "Wow! Is that magic!?"

"No, it is a standard ghost power. You can do it too Little One." His hand reappeared and he pointed towards Danny. "As a matter of fact you were doing it just before you woke up."

Danny's eyes went wide. "Really!?" Danny looked at his hand and squinted as he glared at it. He shook it around in frustration before turning back to Frostbite with a disheartened expression. "It's not working!"

Frostbite chuckled. "You'll have to practice Little One. How about I show you after some breakfast hmm?"

Danny jumped at that as he reached his arms up for Frostbite to carry him. "Yeah!"

The two of them stood in what appeared to be a small arena with weapons lining the circular area. Danny looked up with expectation as Frostbite willed himself completely invisible right before his eyes. "Awesome!" He ran around the area that Frostbite once stood trying to see from every angle. "Are you still there?"

He reappeared suddenly causing Danny to stumble back in surprise. "Of course I am Little One. Now it is your turn."

Danny looked at his hands again bit this time in more confusion than expectation. "But I don't know how."

Frostbite kneeled down and pat him in the back. "You have to think hard about it. Concentrate on your body being invisible and it will happen." Danny stared at them and soon began to shake in frustration. "No no, Little One. That is not the way to do it. You have to stay calm and focus. Glaring at your hands won't make them any less visible."

Danny furrowed his brow as he looked up at the FarFrozen. "I don't get it Frosty."

Frostbite motioned his hand in front of his face. "Just think about it. Think about not being seen by anyone. Just take a deep breath and what's most natural will come to you." Though he was still a bit confused he closed his eyes and took a deep breath just as he was told. A few minutes of silence past and Danny's brow became unfurrowed as a smile spread across his face.

Frostbite watched in anticipation but what he expected didn't occur, instead Danny began to float up in a rather ungraceful manner. He watched in a surprise as the little halfa floated even above his head but the minute he opened his eyes he fell back down like a rock right into Frostbite's arms.

"Whoa!" Danny took a look around him. "What happened!?"

Frostbite stood up completely as he smiled at him. "Well you didn't become invisible." Danny frowned and crossed his arms. "No need to be disappointed Little One for you did something else; you flew."

Danny turned his head to the side. "Flew….. like what birdies do?"

He nodded to him in response and motioned one of his hands about five feet off the ground. "You flew up this high all by yourself!"

Danny looked at the measure given to him and became instantly ecstatic. "Did I really! Wow, I didn't know I could fly! I'm like a superhero!"

Frostbite skeptically scratched the side of his face. "Well maybe to the humans, but all ghosts can fly I'm sorry to say."

That did little to dampen the mood of the excited little halfa as he jumped out of Frostbites arms and took the same stance as he did before. "I'm gonna do it again!" He stood still and let out another deep breath as a smile crept across his face. He seemed far more happy about flying than about being invisible and that was clear to Frostbite.

After a few minutes instead of Flying he started to fade from sight causing Frostbite to muffle his laugh. He had his hand clamped firmly on his mouth as to not distract the boy. Once he was completely invisible he heard a tapping sound as Danny let out a grunt. "I'm still on the ground!" He opened his eyes and he came right back into view. The frustrated expression on the little boy only made Frostbite laugh harder as he crossed his arms with a frown. "How come I didn't do anything this time!?"

He pat his head which was most unexpected by Danny. "Oh but you did Little One. This time you became invisible."

His disappointment was obvious. "But I wanted to fly!" He began to pout as he kicked hid foot, stumbling as he did so and landing on his butt.

Frostbite finally let out the laugh he had been trying to suppress. "Don't worry Little One you'll get it eventually."

Danny looked up at him with a small smile. "Promise?"

"I promise." He gave him another pat on the back before helping him up.

Frostbite had some duties as leader of the FarFrozen to fulfill so he left the little halfa in the loving care of Permafrost while he went off to preform them. She had taken him back to his room he started to play with a few small ice figures that Frostbite had made for him. She merely sat and watched as he lifted the ice dragon into the air like a some kind of rocket and he sun it around playfully. "Whoosh!" Once he found he was dizzy he stopped and wobbled a moment.

"Careful Little One or you'll fall."

Danny puffed out his little chest in confidence. "I won't fall cause I can fly! I'm going to fly through the sky faster than a rocket ship!" He then ran across the room with the toy in hand making rocket sound effects.

Permafrost couldn't help but laugh at his adorable antics. "How about a little snack hmm? I'm sure you must be hungry."

Danny stopped and was quick to nod. "Yeah!"

She stood up and headed for the door. "Why don't you stay here and I'll bring you something. Be careful while I'm gone okay?"

"Okay Miss Frosty!" Danny had taken up calling her that after having an even harder time with her name than Frostbite's. Of course the Lord of the FarFrozen could only laugh as someone else shared his fate in having an adorable nickname. Permafrost was quick to get over any issue she had with the name; after all, who could get mad at such an adorable little boy?

As soon as she left Danny got a bit lonely. The only times he'd been left alone since he got here were when he was sleeping so this was a rather new feeling for him. He looked at the dragon toy in his hand and then got an idea brewing in his head. He put it down next to a few others and took a calm stance in the middle of the room. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath staying as clam as possible like Frostbite had told him. He must have been like that for at least five minutes which was an amazing amount of focus for a four year old.

As soon as he felt his feet lift off the ground a smile spread across his face but he stayed calm unlike his previous attempt. He must've been seven feet off the ground before Permafrost reentered the room and yelled in surprise at his antics. She immediately dropped the plat she had in hand and leapt to catch the little halfa who had been so distracted by her entrance that he began to fall.

She missed him unfortunately and he landed on his side just out of her reach. As he began to push himself up with his arms he let out a whimper and his eyes began to tear up. Permafrost was quick to come to his aide in picking him up off the ground. "Oh Little One are you hurt!? Where does it hurt!?"

Danny cradled his left arm against his chest as he started to cry. "Hush now Little One, I know where we can go to make it all better." She turned and dashed out the door as fast as she could and headed to the medical ward.

Upon arriving she almost ran right into another FarFrozen who was thankfully able to dodge in time. "Whoa Permafrost, be more careful!"

She turned back to him from inside the room. "Sorry Arctico but Danny hurt himself and I need to look at it right away! Who is the attendant today?"

He walked over to her with a look of worry. "Actually that's me. I'm filling in today, so I' will be happy to take care of it." He approached the small boy that Permafrost sat on a counter and reached for his arm. Danny jerked away, tears still streaming from his eyes. "Now, now Little One. If you want it to feel better you have to let me see it." Danny looked over to Permafrost who nodded calmly and he slowly let go of his wrist.

As he held it out for Arctico the FarFrozen began carefully feeling down his arm until he say the boy wince as he approach the wrist. "Hmm, it feels like a sprain to me, it doesn't appear to be broken." He rummaged through a cabinet just behind him and pulled out a tablet like device.

He held it out in front of Danny who looked on in curiosity. "What is that?"

He studied the surface carefully as he responded. "It's a machine that will allow me to look inside of your arm." Danny looked at his arm and then back to machine almost forgetting how much it had hurt before. "Yes, I do believe it is just a sprain. I'll just wrap it real quick." He turned and put away the device and started to rummage around for a bandage. Once he had found what he was looking for he was quick to wrap it tight around the little boy's wrist to ease the pain. "Just don't let him do anything strenuous with it and he should be fine in a couple of days."

Permafrost sighed in relief at the news as she picked Danny up of the counter. "Wonderful Arctico you have my thanks."

Danny waved his good hand at the FarFrozen. "Thank you Mr. Arco!" While Arctico looked at him in confusion Permafrost silently chuckled as she left the room with Danny in her arms.

As they continued down the hall Permafrost felt it was a good time to talk about what Danny had done. She looked down at him as he stared at the wrap on his arm. "Now Danny I hope you know I'm a bit disappointed in you for doing something so dangerous without supervision." She saw his face form a frown as he looked away from his hand. "I'm not mad at you okay, I'm merely wish for you to be more careful in the future."

Though he wasn't able to fully understand what she wanted, he knew she didn't like what he did and he felt bad. "I'm sorry Miss Frosty…."

"That's a good boy Danny. Now let's go get another snack. I dropped the first one earlier so were just going to have to make another one only you're coming with me this time." He still seemed sad but a small smile formed at her happy mention of his snack.
Sign up to rate and review this story