Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Black Family

Their Lives

by Demon-DemigodWitch13 0 reviews

The aftershock

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,James,Lily,Lupin,Sirius - Published: 2016-08-16 - 915 words

0Unrated
The night that Voldemort attacked the Potter’s, James and Lily offered to babysit Alexa and Lucas. Remus was worried about his cub but Sirius assured him that the Potter’s would never let any harm come to the children. With that the two men left the children with their friends and went out for a much deserved break. After an exhausting day, the three children finally laid down to go to bed. James smiled and walked downstairs first while Lily sighed sadly looking at Harry before she heard James yell out then a loud thud. Lily terrified kissed Harry’s head then turned around to look at the door right as it was blown in. Voldemort was standing on the other side smirking, he walked in the room and demanded that Lily move but she stood adamant that she was not moving. Lucas and Alexa moved so that they were in front of Harry and watched silently as their Aunt Lily died, Voldemort then turned to the three children and faltered upon seeing all knowing green eyes, Avada Kedavra green eyes and soul seeking empath eyes staring back at him. The foolish mortal sneered at the observant children and raised his wand at the child prophesied to defeat him, right as he fired the spell that would end it once and for all, Alexa raised her hand and a silver black shield surrounded the three children. They watched as Voldemort’s soul (what was left of it, anyway) was forced from his body.

Dumbledore arrived at the house before anyone was even notified of what happened only to find Lucas asleep, Harry crying and bleeding from the forehead and Alexa sitting next to Lily’s dead body. He quickly gathered up the three children and apparated out of the village, Harry he left on the doorstep of his maternal aunt, Lucas left on the doorstep of Lord Henry and Lady Dorea Potter, James’ aunt and uncle and Alexa was left on the side of a boat, destination unknown.

“Up! Up! Up!” Was the first words Harry heard 6 years later on his 7th birthday. “We’re going to the zoo today!” Those words are the ones that spurred him and his cousin Dudley, who was like his brother, to get out of bed faster. They both rushed downstairs to find a breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausages and toast as well as pancakes waiting for them. After they had all eaten their fill it was time to open Harry’s presents, he had ten to open this year, one for every year of his life, one from Aunt Marge, one from Mrs Fig down the road and one from Auntie Minnie, a nice old lady that comes to visit sometimes. He got a new bike, more photos for his parent’s album, a sweater, shoes, clothes, a football, a watch, a new movie, books and a family heirloom.

Lucas was curled up in the middle of his king sized bed on his birthday when his aunt walked in to wake him up. Dorea smiled and slowly pulled out her wand knowing that if she moved to quickly then the sleeping child would hear her. She pointed her wand at Lucas and fired a tickling charm at him, the child’s giggles, shrieks and squeals filled the otherwise silent manor. Henry chuckled from in the family lounge room waiting for the two to come downstairs so that the young boy could open his birthday presents and then have breakfast. Not long after the manor became quiet again, there was a thundering of footsteps on the stairway as Lucas ran down then to his uncle and his presents, his aunt following at a more sedated pace. After he had opened all of his presents and eaten his breakfast, pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, Lucas was dressed in one of his new outfits, a baby blue shirt and blue jeans with black sneakers and a royal blue cloak, they were off to visit the Longbottom’s before heading to Diagon Alley for lunch with the Greengrasses, then finally an afternoon with the Bones.

It was quiet in the on this particular morning, at least until someone stepped onto the carefully placed twig that would activate the trap and a yell resounded across the fields reaching the houses surrounding them followed by the giggles of three mischievous children. A sweet old lady stood in the doorway of one of the houses smiling and laughing to herself before calling the three children inside she waved her hand at the teen that had gotten caught and he fell down, then she herself walked back inside to finish making breakfast. Almost an hour later 13 people sat down to have breakfast, the sweet old lady, her four children, five teens and the three children; they all dug into the feast of bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, toast, fruit and porridge. When they had all finished the five teens gathered up the dishes and took them inside only to come back outside with the birthday girl’s presents, the three kids cheered and started bouncing in their seats, the presents were placed on the table and one of the children turned to the old lady who simply smiled and nodded, so the little girl dug into her presents and spent the whole day playing with her cousins and her new stuff but the new clothes were kept inside so that she didn’t ruin them.
Sign up to rate and review this story