Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Changes of Opinion

Chapter 5

by RevyCaitEll 1 review

When the GiW go too far and Amity's ghosts are becoming more vicious, public opinion is easily swayed. When previous research on ghosts is proven false, things get complicated.

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-09-07 - 2035 words

0Unrated
I'm so sorry for the long wait, my mom had to bring me laptop with her when she traveling so I couldn't post anything. Thanks for waiting and enjoy :)

XxxxxXXxxxxxXxxxx

The man had tumbled forward a good two to three meters away from the shield. He sat up after an agonisingly long wait, a hand to his head. A faint trickle of blood dribbled from a cut on his forehead.

"What?" He mumbled trying to get to his feet. Danny recognised the signs. Disorientation, head wound… The man probably had a concussion. And it's my fault. Danny shook his head, it had been in self defence, he was still worked up from the beating he got from Vortex. Every time Vortex had punched him, he had gotten painfully shocked afterwards. He just reacted, he didn't want to get hurt again… but it was still his fault.

"Get back in here before Vortex sees you!" he hissed. The man blearily looked at him and scowled.

"Why should I listen to you?" the man slurred. Definitely concussed. He must have hit the ground headfirst, with all of his bodyweight landing squarely on his head. The clouds rumbled threateningly above. Danny pushed against the shield, though, he knew he could do nothing in this form. It was a ghost shield, and not letting ghosts through was its function. Danny tested it again, remaining unsuccessful.

He turned around pleadingly. No one moved. Lightning flashed and Danny flinched. Lightening equals electricity and electricity equals pain. Lots and lots of pain.

"I can't pass through, he has a concussion, someone needs to drag him in here before Vortex notices!" he worriedly glanced back. The concussed man continued to sit there, eyes dull. Still no one moved a muscle. The old crinkly guy from the crowd who despised him turned his beady eyes to him. Danny gulped, recognising him. It was his grumpy neighbour from across the street. His name was John, or something like that, and he loathed his parents and their work as much as he loathed ghosts. John glared at the halfa, pointing a long bony finger.

"Bring him in here so you can just get revenge ghost?! Why don't you just you go defeat that rampaging Vortex so we wouldn't be here in the first place! " He spat, distain lacing his scratchy voice. "We're not safe in this shield as long as Phantom is in here with us. You all saw what he did! That man over there is hurt because of that filthy ghost," he shoved his glasses further up his nose.

What was this guy's problem? Instead of helping his like minded comrade, he was rallying to get Danny kicked out. It hurt, how people distrusted him so much, automatically lumping him into the same category as hardcore criminals. It was black and white to them, he was ghost (at least half of one, but they didn't need to know that) so he was a filthy creature that should be hunted and killed.

His discomfort probably showed on his face. Sam locked eyes with him. She glared hatefully at the old man before nodding towards the jerk sitting outside of the shield. He saw a glimpse of metal grasped in her hand. The Thermos.

He nodded back to her and Sam burst into action. She stomped on the person who was holding her, before kneeing him in the crotch. The guy fell to his knees, whimpering and Danny couldn't help but cringe. Sam turned her attention to the woman trying to grab at her, she caught the woman's arm and twisted. Danny winced. Sam was in a very volatile mood.

The telltale blue light of the Thermos shot towards him and he felt himself getting sucked into the Thermos for the second time that day.

He was ungracefully spewed out of the Thermos, rolling forward and landing in a heap. The rain that Vortex had caused pelted down on him and he was soaked in seconds. Speaking of Vortex, said ghost poked his head out from the clouds, a grin splitting his face upon spotting Danny. Typical, the second Danny left the safety of the shield, Vortex was there and ready for round two.

Vortex raced towards him, electricity sparking at his fingertips. Danny braced himself, he was not getting beaten this time, he was ready. At the very last second, Vortex whizzed by, laughing cruelly he shot towards the jerk of a man. The Ghost Boy cursed, zooming after him.

He surprised himself when he rocketed past Vortex, leaving the weather ghost in the dust. He stood protectively in front of the man, arms out, prepared to attack. And attack he did. Bright green balls of ectoplasm materialised in his palms, sizzling with energy. He threw them with deadly accuracy, each one hitting their target. Patches of smoke rose off of where Vortex was hit. This was weird, Danny wasn't that powerful, last time he fought Vortex one of the only reasons why he had won was because he had temporarily gained weather powers.

Vortex had been careful not to make the same mistake twice.

It had been awhile since he fought the ghost, but it didn't explain the buzz of power he could feel coursing through him. Maybe it was something to do with why he was glowing like a human sized bug zapper...

The weather ghost snarled in pain. A bolt of lightning fired, heading straight for Danny. Oh no, not the damn lightning. He panicked, hands stretched out defensively in front of him and a greenish white shield conjured into existence. The lightning was harmlessly absorbed into the shield. What? He'd figure this out later. Feeling more confident, Danny smirked at Vortex, who scowled.

"Hey Vortex, you hear about the story of the tornado? There was a twist at the end! He grinned, cracking his knuckles. Payback time.

XxxxxXxxxxxxXXxxxxx

Maddie gasped in shock as she saw Sam break free, sucking Phantom into the Thermos before releasing him on the outside of the shield. The two unlucky people who were holding her at the time nursed their wounds. Maddie knew that Sam was spirited, but she was not expecting that. Sam had not been clumsy in her attempt, the second she got an opening (the guy had lifted one hand to scratch his head) she struck. Decisively and effectively.

Sam unclipped an ecto blaster from her belt, determinedly stomping through the crowd of people to the shield's perimeter. She ignored her parent's insistent yells and demands. Movement to Maddie's left alerted her that Tucker had broken free as well. He too marched to the shield's edge, charged ecto weapon in hand.

Maddie dropped into a stance, easily knocking away her captor's grip on her. She pushed her way to Sam and Tucker, liberating Jack and Jazz on her journey. (Jack had been dog piled, taking more than five people to keep him still)

"I take it that you're going out to help Phantom?" Maddie asked, watching in awe as Phantom safely reflected a bolt of lightning. He seemed faster, more powerful than before.

"Yep, we've done this loads of times, don't worry about us. You should get the jerk though, make him apologise or something first. Danny is risking his neck for that dipwad," Sam growled. She activated the Fenton Ghost Peeler, armour extending from the device and encasing her body.

"Oh don't worry, I will," Maddie promised. It didn't rest well with her at all that she was letting the kids fight, but she had to admit, they knew what they were doing. When they had first opened fire on Vortex, Sam and Tucker had both scored bullseyes. Jazz's aim was a little questionable, but she was lethal with the Jack-O-Nine Tails as Jack had taught her how to defend herself.

"Let's go!" The trio took off, not even pausing as they left the safety of the ghost shield. Sam and Tucker were already shooting at Vortex, their aims accurate. Whenever Vortex tried to retaliate, Phantom got in the way, cutting the ghost off. Vortex flew upwards, trying to gain the advantage of higher ground, but Phantom forced him back down and into the range of the three teens below. They launched an aggressive attack, peppering Vortex with potent ecto blasts.

It was incredible. The teamwork between them, it was fluid and precise, their movements in sync with each other's. Phantom kept assaulting Vortex from above, throwing ecto blasts, ice and physically hitting the weather ghost. Distracted by Phantom, Vortex was left open to attacks from Sam and Tucker. Jazz got in dangerously close, catching Vortex's tornado like tail in the Jack-O-Nine Tails, giving Vortex a piece of his own medicine and shocking him with the weapon.

Vortex lunged for Jazz, but she neatly rolled away, abandoning the still active Nine Tails. Vortex ripped the device off his tail, throwing it at Phantom, who nimbly dodged. The four of them relentlessly attacked Vortex, not giving him room to move. If the ghost singled out one target, the other three would immediately zero in on him.

Jack fidgeted beside Maddie. He wanted to jump into the fight, his finger itched on the trigger of his gun. He took a step forward, but Maddie tugged him back.

"I don't like seeing those kids fighting anymore than you do, but they know what they're doing. They know each other. If we barge in there we'll just be a nuisance. We don't know their fighting style and they don't know ours. One thing is for certain, we are going to have a very long chat with them when this is all over," Jack nodded, visibly deflating. He stood still for a second, before startling Maddie when he suddenly burst, yelling and cheering the kids on in his loud, boisterous voice. It was catchy and soon others joined him, screaming their support. Vortex, who had caused so much damage and fear in such a short time, was losing to a bunch of teenagers and a single ghost.

Seeing as she didn't have to worry, Maddie turned her attention to the man who had threatened Phantom. He looked more alert of his surroundings and was watching the fight. Maddie strode towards him, taking long menacing strides. She was furious, because of this idiot her daughter was in the middle of fight against a malevolent ghost, a dangerous one at that.

"YOU! What did you think you were doing!" She yelled, her voice thunderous. The man paled, and scrambled backwards. Maddie grasped the front of his shirt and unceremoniously dragged him into the ghost shield. She glared daggers at him and the man shrank away from her.

"I didn't do anything! Look at what Phantom did to me! I'm the victim here," a little of the man's previous backbone had returned to him. Maddie was going to squash it. He could act all high and mighty because Phantom probably wouldn't have retaliated, but Maddie had no qualms about punching the dude if he tried the same thing with her. She fought ghosts for a living, a mere human wasn't going to scare her.

The man stood up, shaking himself off.

"What is your problem lady, jeez. Wait a minute, you're one of those jumpsuit wearing nut job Fenton ghost hunters aren't you?"

"For your information, I am not a 'nut job'. What is your name?" Maddie snarled, resenting the nut job comment. She felt fury bubbling within her. Her baby Jazz could get hurt fighting, and she knew if she tried to help she'd get in way. She wanted to hit something or someone… and it didn't particularly matter which.

"Marvin,"

"Okay Marvin, I'm going to give you some sound advice, now listen closely. DON'T EVER PROVOKE A GHOST THAT HAS ENOUGH POWER TO TURN YOU TO MUSH WITHOUT SO MUCH AS LIFTING A FINGER. ESPECIALLY IF HE IS THE ONE SAVING YOUR SORRY ASS!" Maddie roared, slugging the guy in the face.

"That was for Phantom," she added. While she didn't trust Phantom yet, she had promised Sam that she would get payback and Maddie Fenton didn't break her promises.

XxxxxXXxxxxxxXxxxx
Lol angry Maddie is fun to write.
Sign up to rate and review this story