Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Playing the Angel

What We are is What We are

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mike and Vivian talk on Christmas. They realize where they are now.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-10-28 - 326 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Nine: What We are is What We are:

Vivian sat in the darkened living room. "You know, you give me headaches."

Mike eyed her. "Why would I do that?"

"You just do." She came over and sat down next to him on the couch. Mike put his arm around her.

"That's how it is, huh?" he asked.

"Why is that?"

"Why do you think?"

Vivian shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head. Mike kissed her on the head.

"Merry Christmas, dear," he whispered.

"Yes," Vivian said. She lay in his lap. "I don't understand you either." The wolf demon reached up and caressed his cheek. Mike clutched her hand.

"What is there to understand?" he asked.

Vivian narrowed her eyes.

"Hm?" Mike asked. His girl looked away. He turned her face back to his.

"Answer me," the demon said.

"I don't know!"

Mike gave her an odd look. "You don't know?"

"Shut up."

"Ow, so harsh." He put his hand to his chest. "Why do you have to be so mean?" Vivian turned her head away again.

"But seriously, that's how we are," Mike said.

"Huh?" the wolf demon asked. The American demon turned her face towards his again. He pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"I really like you," Mike said. "You aren't Stella, but you have entered into this strange and beautiful thing. I'm not leaving it. Neither should you."

Vivian puffed up her cheeks. "You say that like I have no choice."

"Well, you did agree to be involved with me, so…"

"Shut up."

"Hey, you can tell me to shut up all you want, but it is what it is."

Vivian frowned. "Don't remind me and don't talk."

Mike shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head. "This will do for now I suppose." He looked down at this girlfriend.

"Say, what are you doing this New Year's Eve?" the American demon asked. Vivian eyed him.

"Why?" she asked.

"Just asking," he replied.
Sign up to rate and review this story