Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Muggle

Her Name Was Ayn Lee

by Marvolo666 1 review

Draco Malfoy, son of an abusive deatheater, reveals his life long relationship with a Muggle. While destiny and circumstance try to tear the star crossed lovers apart. The two fight to seize fate b...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bellatrix,Draco,Hermione,Lucius,Snape - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2016-10-31 - Updated: 2016-10-31 - 1321 words

1Moving
I do not own Harry Potter. I don't own any of the Character's, Places or Things from The Harry Potter World. I make NO Money or Profit of Any Kind. The same goes for any unoriginal lyrics or poetry.
I am very exited about this story since it will take place before, during, and after the books. I hope you enjoy - Marvolo

17/12/05
Life is strange sometimes. You just never know what to expect when you open a door. This was a lesson Hermione learned one fateful day when she had a most unexpected visitor. The conversation that took place between them changed Hermione's life forever.
Hermione was almost never wrong. Even when she was wrong it was usually just by a hair. Hermione never would of thought in a million years that she could have been so wrong about something...or someone...
A lot had changed since the end of the war 8 years ago. The golden trio had risen to the top of there respective fields in surprising speed. So it was a real surprise to the wizarding world when Hermione quit her lucrative job to become a novelist. Less surprising however was just how good Hermione was at it. She had written over 20 books in the span of 5 years.
Hermione preferred to write in peaceful sanctuary of her home office. She was currently working on her 51st book. It was going to be a biography on the Dark Lord Grindelwald.
At least it was...Before He arrived.
Hermione was startled by a knock on her office door. It couldn't be Ron since he was out with Harry and the Weasley family. So who ever was in her house knocking on her office door was an intruder.
Hermione took out her wand and aimed it at the door."Who is it? What are you doing in my house?"
"If I told you who I was you wouldn't open the door."
Hermione recognized the voice from somewhere despite the change it had undertaken since she last heard it. It was deep and rough like the voice of a smoker. For some reason Hermione went against her better judgment and opened the door. She immediately aimed her wand at the hooded figure before her.
"Hello Miss Granger it has indeed been a long time." The figure spoke as he handed over his wand. It was a wand she hadn't seen in 8 years; 10 inches long made of hawthorn wood. Hermione gasped as she took a step back and dropped his wand. The figure simply picked it back up as he removed his hood.
"Hello Hermione, it has been too long." Draco Malfoy said as he strut across the room. His trademarked smirk was as evident as ever.
"Not long enough, in fact I wished to never see you again." Hermione hissed at him, keeping her wand pointed at his heart.
"Well we can't always get the things we want Hermione, otherwise I wouldn't need to be here at all." Draco said with an almost sad look in his eyes as his smirk vanish from his face.
"Did you just call me Hermione?" She asked surprised.
"That is your name is it not? I guess I could call you Miss Granger but if I'm correct it's Mrs Weasley now." Draco said looking at the pictures around him. He seemed particularly interested in her wedding pictures.
"You used to just call me MUDBLOOD MALFOY!" Hermione yelled trying to suppress her anger.
Draco froze and looked back at Hermione. "I hope that after today. I never have to say or hear those words ever again."
Hermione couldn't believe her eyes. Where those actual tears in Malfoy's eyes? Suddenly the Malfoy she had loathed for years was gone and before her she saw a broken, beaten man crying in his hands. Before she new what she was doing Hermione was helping Malfoy to a soft chair and having a house elf bring up some tea.
Malfoy's famous smirk slowly returned to his tear stained face. "Never thought I'd see the day you'd own a house elf."
Hermione shook her head as the tea arrived. "I don't own them they are employees I pay. Malfoy what are.."
"Please, call me Draco. I have the decency to use your first name, just don't call me Malfoy." Draco interrupted harshly, saying his name the way he used to say Mud blood.
"OK...Draco? What are you doing here?" Hermione asked looking into the young mans eyes. They seemed to belong to someone far older, they were full of pain.
Draco started to feel the tears return. "Every time I called you a Mud blood, I died a little inside. Every time I listened to my father, I died a little inside. I did this for years until one day, I was dead to the world. I never wanted this. I never wanted any of it. If I didn't do as I was told I would've been tortured by my own father until I did. So the first reason I'm here is to apologize for being the person you loathed, and to let you know that you never knew me the real me. No one did...except for one person."
Hermione found herself holding Draco's hand as he continued. "I also need you to do something for me. Despite everything I have put you through I beg you to do this...If not for me then for...her."
Hermione could only watch as Draco burst into tears again. He cried as if he was making up for every moment in his life he couldn't before. Draco suddenly got up and walked over to the bookshelves, flipping through a book that caught his eye.
"To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee" Draco chuckled it sounded unnatural coming from him. "She loved this book. It helped that the author shared her last name of course. I think she enjoyed the message more. I never really understood what it was when she first showed it to me. I was too young...too confused."
Judging by the look on Hermione's face, Draco had just sprouted a second head. "You've read that book? It's a muggle book?"
"I've have read your books too, You always where a great writer. In fact your the only person I trust to write my story." Draco said as he put the book back in the shelf (out of order of course). He looked at the books a little longer before returning to the coffee table.
"I need you to write this book for me. It's not about me apologizing or explaining myself. Its about letting the world know what happened. To tell them to never let blind hate tear your dreams apart...Oh god I loved her Hermione, I beg you please tell her story." Draco cried as Hermione felt her own tears running down her cheeks.
"Who...did you love Draco?" Hermione asked as Draco noticed her tears.
"Your a kind person Hermione, if there where more people as forgiving and as compassionate as you Ayn might still be alive. Her name was Ayn Lee and she was the only person I ever truly loved."
"I never heard of her. Did she go to Hogwarts?" Hermione asked curiously.
"Of course not...Ayn Lee is...was...a Muggle"
The room was silent Hermione couldn't believe what she had just heard.
"You...Draco Malfoy...Love...a Muggle?" Hermione asked in shock.
"For as long as I can remember. Does this mean you will write her story?" Draco asked with excitement.
When Hermione nodded she was blindsided by a hug from Draco. She absolutely could not believe this was the same Draco she had known those many years ago.
"Thank you Hermione" Draco calmed himself down and prepared to let go of the weight he had been carrying for the last 20 years.
"Well I guess I should start from the beginning..."
Sign up to rate and review this story