Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Muggle

The Godfather

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

Dam Fate

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Dumbledore,Hermione,Snape - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-10-31 - 2262 words

0Unrated
I'M BACK
Finally have a new chapter hope you enjoy

17/12/05
Hermione waited patiently as Draco seemed to recede into his memories. It was hard to believe the boy in this tale was the same as the man who sat in front of her.
"Draco," Hermione whispered, waking him from his thoughts. "Are you telling me that this whole time, you were acting like a...Malfoy? Are you saying it was all an act?"
Draco looked off to the side as he spoke with a hint of guilt. "That was the plan."
Hermione raised an eyebrow, "But..."
"The plan hit a slight snag," Draco uttered. "For once in my life, everything was going great. I was loved by many, hated by more but the entire school knew who I was. I mattered little to the older years but to the first, second, even third years, I was their king!"
"And that was the problem…I liked it…a lot," Draco whispered with hunger. "I had friends, respect, money to bribe prefects, bloody hell I had body guards for Merlin sake. I may have been from a wealthy family but before I went to Hogwarts I had nothing. Now my Father allowed me to acess my vault and…I went overboard. I was young enough to think that they really liked me, and I liked being...liked. I liked being noticed… by anyone."
Draco's voice darkened as he continued. "They didn't give a DAM about me, they just knew the name Malfoy. It was a name that was respected and feared. When I mentioned my father the other Slytherin's shook with fear. They understood what my father was capable of. I thought I understood, but his past treatment of me was child's play compared to his true nature."
"Very quickly it became clear that one person saw right through my bluster. He saw me for the rat that I was...and still am. Every time I saw him, he reminded me that I was not truly respected or liked. That no one would like me for me. Can you really blaming me for hating him, Hermione." Draco asked with an almost pleading look in his eyes.
"You're talking about Harry aren't you?" Hermione said as she conjured herself another tea.
Draco nodded as he looked at the pictures on the wall, "What happened to him anyway? I see him in a lot of your photo's but no girl in them, just you and Ginger's sister."
"Whom he married." Hermione said grnning.
"Of course he did. I have to admit she was always pretty. What was her name again Jennifer?" Draco inquired.
"Ginevra, but just call her Ginny if you know what's good for you. Aren't we supposed to be talking about your life's story?" Hermione said with a smirk similar to Malloy's who simply scowled.

12/09/91
Well about a month into Hogwarts, I met the second person who would change my life. It all started with that bloody remembrall. I was pissed humiliated by Potter and I wanted vengeance. So being Malfoy, I challenged him to a duel…not my brightest moment."
You know despite what happened, I actually planned on making it to the duel. It wasn't a trap I set up. I was pissed and I wanted to hurt someone. I was already feeling the pressure from the other Slytherins. They are like sharks, you show weakness they come in for the kill. I showed weakness by letting Potter best me.
So that was why I was on my one in the trophy room near midnight. I remember looking at each award as I tried to focus on the task at hand.
"Hello Mr. Malfoy, what a wonderful surprise."
I froze with dread, I recognized that voice. It was the deep, smooth voice of Severus Snape: Head of Slytherin, Potions Master, Deatheater and most importantly...my Godfather.
I turned to face the dark figure who sneered at me with contempt. I rarely ever saw him at the Manor as my father didn't want to disturb guests. I knew this was a man you did not cross. If his friendship with my father didn't tell me before then that first lesson with him sure did. Unfortunately it seems I had done just that.
"Yes I understand your enthusiasm to admire the past head boy's for their accomplishments." Snape droned on as his voice dripped with sarcasm, "I understand your desire to become Head boy yourself. However you will have a hard time earning such a position if you are expelled."
I gulped as I tried to speak only for Severus to cut me off. "Why is a top student such as yourself, out of your common room after curfew?"
I again tried to speak but as I looked into to his eyes I felt strange. It was as if someone was scratching the back of my brain. As quickly as it happened, it was gone.
"Tut...tut...tut, a midnight duel? Very Slytherin of you Mr. Malfoy, very cunning," Snape muttered. "Out after curfew to duel? You want to be expelled boy?"
N…No I don't I…How did you know? I asked scared out of my wits. Before I knew it, Snape was dragging me through hallways to his office, stopping only to speak to…
"Filch," Severus whispered as he approached the squib. "It seems that two students are on their way to the trophy room for an ill-advised duel. Pease find them and bring them to my office."
Filch's eyes gleamed with bloodlust. "I'll find the runts Professor, Mark my words. Come on Mrs. Norris, The hunts is on."
I watched as Filch ran off faster than a man his age should be able to. Snape didn't utter a word until we stepped into his office. It was full of dark looking objects and potions. In the corner I noticed a picture covered in cloth.
Snape sat behind his desk as he spoke. "Slytherin's are cunning, Gryffindor's are reckless. If you want to act like a Gryffindor then I believe a resorting is in order...However I believe you have what it takes to be a Slytherin."
"What do you know about me?" I asked defensively. I didn't know what idea was worse, being a reckless Gryffindor or a conniving Slytherin.
"I know many things. I know you were a 'mask' to hide your secrets. Very Slytherin of you." Snape paused as I again felt a familiar scratching at the back of my brain. "Your mind however is quite susceptible to attack. Your secrets shall not remain hidden for long."
Severus leaned forward from across his desk as he whispered. "If you want to hide your secrets you must learn how to protect your mind from your enemy's as well as your friends. Did I stutter when I said a wizard could bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses? With the right potion I could have you spill your most precious of secrets and confess your darkest desires. I could have you confess sins you did not even realize you committed. That is just one potion. Imagine now what a true mage could unlock in your brain boy. If you do not learn to protect your mind, then you cannot hope to protect Ayn."
"Look sir, I don't know…what did you say?"
"I read your mind like an open book. Your Father fortunately can't do this. He does have friends who can. The Dark Lord is the greatest Legilimence I have ever faced and if he comes back, he will destroy the Muggle girl you call friend."
I couldn't breathe. He knew... He knew about Ayn. I had failed her and it hasn't even been a month. I was certain she was as good as dead. "P…Please don't hurt her."
"She has seen you use magic twice Draco, unless she is a complete imbecilic then she is going to start putting it all together." Snape hissed.
"She is just one orphan. No one would believe her." I pleaded.
"Do you have any idea how much danger she is in. Your father has already threatened her and Malfoys don't make idle threat." Severus whispered. "If you wish it of me I can erace you from her memory. She will be safer this way."
"NO!" I panicked. The idea of losing her hit harder than I ever would have thought. "I need her and she needs me. We are all we have."
In my seven years I knew him, I think this was the only time Severus ever looked stunned. "You will have detention with me after supper for the next week. During these detentions you will be learning how to protect your mind through Occlumency."
"W…what?" I gasped confused.
"This is not a request. You will not speak of your Occlumency lessons. If anyone asks you re cleaning my office. Now go!" Snape ordered.
"You're not going to tell anyone about her?" I asked in shock. "Why?"
"I swore an oath when you were born to protect you. I don't break oaths lightly. Get out."
I ran out of the room not understanding what had happened, but I was full of relief.

17/12/05
Draco took another drink as he spoke. "After Severus died he left me memory's from his pensive. What followed next is one of them."

12/09/91
As soon as Draco left the room Severus removed the curtain hiding a portrait. He stared at the children in the picture. One of them was a girl with red hair and emerald eyes. The other was a dark hair boy with a crooked nose. The two children were laughing at some joke Severus had long forgotten.
"Remising Severus?"
Snape knew Albus Dumbledore was standing in the middle of his office, but did not acknowledge his presence. "She's just like her," Severus muttered to himself.
"Mr. Malfoy is not unlike yourself as well Severus. They have formed a powerful friendship at a young age. Friendship, though not the most powerful of loves, is the most durable." Albus mused.
"But not unbreakable. They have another thing in common with Lilly and I…Their doomed." Severus sighed.
"Do not be so quick to lose hope Severus. Hope can mean the difference…"
"To hell with your riddles. A Malfoy and a Muggle! If that weren't bad enough… well you know where the girl lives. She is just as likely to die never meeting Draco!" Severus snapped.
"Doomed lovers, a tale old as time. It is fate then." Albus said quietly.
"Dam fate!" Snape growled as if on instinct. He glared at Albus knowing he had been played.
"Yes I remember you saving something like that. You told me you once read, "I will seize fate by the throat; it shall certainly never wholly overcome me.' I must ask, do you still believe this?" Albus asked solomly.
Severus turned to leave to his quarters, stopping only to say, "I shall do what I can."

17/12/05
"I will seize fate by the throat, Snape told me that during my first detention. It filled me with hope. Seize fate by the throat!" Draco exclaimed. "When I first heard it I thought nothing of it but that changed when it happened."
Hermione looked up from her writing. "What happened?"
A smile crossed Draco's face, "Do you believe in miracles?"
"I believe in amazing things happening but I don't believe in divine intervention." Hermione answered
"I don't know about divine but it was an intervention…from a crooked nosed man. It was probably the kindest thing he has ever done…not saying much but still."
"A week of interesting detentions later, I was in my room…"
"Your own room?" Hermione inquired.
"Yes my own room. Gryffindor's don't get their own room? That explains a lot actually." Draco chuckled.

19/09/91
Well as I was saying I was in my room fast asleep when I heard a taping on my widow. I quickly opened it to be surprised by an owl holding a letter. I often got sweet from home thanks to dobby but never a letter. I quickly opened it and began to read.

Dear Draco.
I had the strangest day. I met a strange man who was installing a mail box out in the forest. He told me to leave any letter I wished to send you there and you would send letters there as well. I tried to ask him questions but he left further into the woods and seemed to vanish.
I forgot to thank him since now we can talk again. I have so many questions to ask you. How is school? Have you made new friends? How did you vanish with your father into thin air? How did you fix me when we first met?
Sorry starting to ramble. Things here have been fine. I admit it's lonely here without you. I hope you haven't forgotten me. I hope you know you can trust me, even with your secrets. You are my first friend, my best friend. It's hard being without you, I have never missed anybody before but now I have a find who is worth missing.
Hope to see you soon. Stay strong and never forget your dearest friend,
Ayn Lee.

17/12/05
Draco had finished reading out the letter Ayn had wrote him those many years ago. Hermione couldn't believe Draco still kept the letter with him.
Draco wiped tears from his eyes as he spoke. "It was the happiest moment of my life up to that point. For the first time in my life I felt…loved."
Sign up to rate and review this story