Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Empress Lovers

Kyoko Speaks

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyoko tells Tsuzuki and Anna about the group planning to murder the children of the Eda-Kimoto clan, but is she hiding something else? Meanwhile, Victoria touches down in Kobe.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2016-11-04 - 463 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Six: Kyoko Speaks:

February 7th, 2011.

Kobe, Japan.

Tsuzuki and Anna sat in Kyoko's living room. The old lady served them tea.

"It's good to see you again," she said. Tsuzuki drank his tea.

"What's wrong?" Anna asked. "Why did you call us out here?" Kyoko's face grew serious as she went quiet.

"The end is coming," she said.

"What do you mean?" Tsuzuki asked. Kyoko's hands trembled.

"The clan is ending," she said.

"Isn't it a good thing?" Anna asked.

"Not if you get sucked into the middle out it."

"What?"

Kyoko rubbed her forehead. "There have been rumors. Rumors about murdering the children of the clan."

"But why? Why the children?"

"The clan been killing for too long. They are starting to take action. I don't know if you will be safe of not. Please be careful."

Anna gave her a strange look. "Okay… Why couldn't you tell me this over the phone?"

"They could be listening."

"Who?" Tsuzuki asked. Kyoko shook her head.

"I'm not sure yet," she said. "Just please! Be careful." The couple stared, silent. Her tone sounded grave. Anna lowered her eyes.

"Alright," she said. "Thank you for warning us."

"Please stay for dinner," Kyoko said. "I would feel better if you did." Anna looked at her husband.

"Do have to work tomorrow?" she asked.

"I don't think so," he said. "It wouldn't hurt to stay for dinner." Kirika-chan began crying on the other side of the room.

"I've got her," Anna said. She got up and tended to the baby. Tsuzuki turned to Kyoko.

"There's something you're not telling us," he said in a low voice. The old lady eyed him, trembling.

"Tsuzuki-san," she said. "I don't know what you mean."

"Anna's in danger, isn't she? You have to tell me everything. Who else is after her?"

Kyoko looked over at Anna. The mother was changing Kirika-chan's diaper. The old lady held her breath.

"Not here," she whispered. Kyoko pointed outside. Tsuzuki gave her a stern look as he followed her into the backyard.

Meanwhile, Victoria arrived in Kobe. Right off in the area could sense her cousin nearby. The teenager frowned and clutched her backpack.

"What's wrong, Victoria?" Sosuke asked. She gritted her teeth.

"She's here," Victoria grumbled. "I don't like it."

"Why is that?" her kitsune asked.

"Everything's her fault."

"Why?"

"It just is."

Sosuke gave her a strange look. "But… you're going to find her, anyway, aren't you?"

Victoria walked away when the cross light changed. Her kitsune flew after her.

"Victoria?" he asked. On the outside, she looked annoyed. However, the teenager was plotting. Maybe her older cousin would be the ticket out that she longed for.

Unbeknownst to her, someone else was watching Victoria closely, waiting to make the next move.
Sign up to rate and review this story