Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Last Man Standing

by story_master 4 reviews

Jay and Archie's plan hits a bit of a snag. Now it's up to one to save them all!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-31 - Updated: 2006-08-31 - 1385 words

0Unrated
As soon as Jay finished explaining his plan to Archie theygathered some weapons and went down to the piers. That way Jay would be able to watch as the 'captured' Archie. When they arrived Jay hid up on some crates, out of sight, while Archie wandered around.

He glanced over at Jay to make sure he was still in hiding. He was. Archie continued to walk around. It had been almost twenty minutes and still nothing.

" This isn't working." Archie whispered into his miniature microphone headset.

" Just keep walking around. They'll come. Don't worry." Jay replied.

Archie sighed and kept walking around, making sure he was still in Jay's sight. Then he heard something behind him. Archie whirled around to find Atlanta standing there, grinning at him.

" Atlanta?" Archie said, trying to figure out who's side she was one.

She went in for an attack. ' Obviously she's still on Cronus' side.' he thought as he dodged out of the way. He began to back up, only to bump into Herry. Archie looked up at his huge friend. Herry brought his fists up but Archie ducked down and slid backwards between his legs. Archie then kicked the back of Herry's knees. This caused him to fall to the ground.

But Herry got back up. As if he didn't even feel it. ' Great. So they don't feel pain.' Archie thought as he tried to run. He didn't make it too far because Theresa was in his way.

" Jay you can jump in and help at any time you know." Archie said through gritted teeth as he dodged an attack.

" I kind of have my own problems up here Archie." Jay replied also dodging an attack.

Archie glanced over to see that Jay was taking on two giants, Odie and Neil. Then he realized that he was being surrounded. Both Atlanta and Archie were circling him. He took out his whip.

" I really don't want to hurt you guys." he said, hoping he wouldn't have to use his whip.

They just smiled and leapt at him. He jumped up and they crashed into each other. He landed on the ground only to be hit with a round kick from Theresa. He doubled over and landed on the ground hard.

He got back up and started to run towards Jay. ' At least then I'll have some help.' he thought as he made his way over to Jay. He stopped as he saw Jay come flying over the edge of the crates. He landed on teh ground in front of Archie. Archie went over and helped him up.

" Are you okay?" Archie asked.

" Yeah. Just fine." Jay replied with some sarcasm.

" So how's your plan going to work now." Archie asked as the two were backed against a wall.

" We go up." Jay said.

" What?" Archie looked at him confused.

Jay just looked up and grabbed onto one of four ropes. Then he cut one. This sent him rapidly up the wall. Archie did the same. When they were safetly on a roof they looked for a way down.

" Now what?" Archie asked.

" I don't know. Let's try and get over to that boat." Jay pointed towards a huge boat.

" I've got it. Grab pipe." Archie replied as he picked up a piece of lead piping and swung it over a cable. He then placed both hands on it and got ready to slide over to the boat.

" I thought you were afraid of the water?" Jay asked as he did the same as Archie.

" RIght now I'm more afraid of them." he replied pointing to their teammates climbing up over the buildings edge.

The two boys pushed off the edge and and went sliding down the cables towards the boat. As they got closer they saw who was waiting for them. Cronus' giants.

" Let go now Arch!" Jay yelled over the sound of the pipe sliding on the cable.

Jay let go and landed on the docks below. Archie however didn't let go and landed on the boat. The giants grabbed him and put a pendant on him. He tried to get away but they were too strong. Jay was on the ground yelling up to him.

" Archie? Are you okay?" he called.

Archie jumped over the edge of the boat and landed on the ground in front of him.

" I'm just fine Jay." he replied smiling at his friend.

Jay looked and saw that Archie had a pendant on. 'Great. Now what do I do?' he thought as he searched his mind for a plan. Then he got an idea. He lunged forward and snatched the pendant from around Archie's neck. Archie's eyes closed and he fell to the ground.

Jay stood over him as his eyes opened. He helped Archie up.

" Thanks." he replied.

Jay threw the pendant on the ground.

" Now we need to get out of here." Jay said turning around.

" They might make it a little mire difficult." Archie said as they were surrounded.

Jay drew his xiphos once more and stood, ready for any attack. Archie was the same with his whip.

" Take the pendant and find out what you can." Jay instructed.

" I'm not going to let you fight them alone." Archie replied, he refused to move.

" You're faster, they won't be able to catch you if you run. I'll hold them off. If I get captured at least you'll be able to help us." Jay retorted.

" No I won't let you fight them alone." Archie still refused to listen to him.

" Archie go! You're the only one who can help us. I'll be fine. Just go! Run as fast as you can and get out of here." Jay ordered.

Archie stood there for a moment thinking. ' I can't just leave him. But I can't disobey him. He's right but...' his thoughts were interupted.

" Archie! GO!" Jay yelled.

This time Archie moved. He grabbed the pendant and ran. He looked back only to find that Jay was being attacked by everyone at once. Now it was up to Archie. He stuffed the pendant into his hoody and headed for the school.

Jay was left to fight everyone. It was a tough choice but he knew it had to be made. Archie would be able to save them. Jay knew he could.

It didn't take long for Jay to be captured. He was being restrained by two of Cronus' giants. Cronus then appeared and walked up to the leader.

" Well well. It looks like I will win Jay. Now all I have to do is get the other one then I'll get rid of you." he smirked as he took out a pendant for Jay.

" Archie will save us. And then you'll be sorry." Jay said just before the pendant was put around his neck.

Jay tried to fight the voice that was telling him to give up. It was Cronus' voice. Jay tried to push it out of his head. But it was too powerful, too strong. Within moments he was also under the control of Cronus.

Cronus let out a long laugh as he opened a portal. He ordered everyone to enter and they did so. Then he too entered and the pier was left empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie reached the school in record time. ' Atlanta would be impressed.' he thought. Archie leaned against a wall to keep himself from collapsing. His was completely wiped. Every muscle ached. He slid down to the floor. He was too exausted to stay awake. Everything started to fade to black. ' I won't let you guys down.' he thought before he fell into a very uneasy sleep.
~*~

Will Archie be able to save them? What trap could Cronus have set for him? Will Archie be able to crack the answer to how the pendants works? Read the next chapter to find out.

AuTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked that chapter. I was going to make Jay be the last one caught but this way it'll be more fun. I will add lots and lots of A/A and J/T when they are rescued until then I can promise nothing. But there may be some A/A before the big rescue scene. I haven't quite decided yet. Please R+R and constructive critism and suggestions are also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story