Categories > Original > Romance > Bite Me

1

by Gamzee151 0 reviews

Sophia is treated as a vampire

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2016-12-06 - 590 words

0Unrated
1

I sat in the 1st row of the 3rd column and I flinched when a pen hit me in the back of the head.
The teacher looked at me and shook her head but didn’t say anything. Not that I was expecting her to. She turned her back, even though she knew what was going to happen.
“Hey frea-” The girl behind me was cut short when the classroom door opened.
A stout lady with fur on her chin walked in, her round face looking strange as she attempted to look down on us. Her short figure didn’t allow for it. I thought I recognised her but I didn’t think twice of it.
“Please show some respect for the mayor.”
Now that was a person I recognised.
I was vaguely aware that someone was watching me. The room I was in was dark and my eyes had trouble adjusting. My arms strained as I pulled myself up. I felt the dead weight of chains and felt a low throbbing at the back of my head. I couldn’t hear much, only the clinking of chains and my own heavy breathing. My lungs constricted with each breath until the pain was almost too much. I flinched when I felt someone’s hand trailing down my face to my neck. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.
“It’s okay. Your voice might be a little bit weak, but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem, I don’t think.”
I strained to see who was talking but the room was too dark.
“Wha-?”
A large hand clamped around my throat, cutting off my airways. A man with a round face and a receding hairline pressed his nose to mine. His breath reeked of alcohol and tuna. I gagged.
“Where are they?”
I tried to speak but when I couldn’t I slapped the man’s hand.
“Let her breathe.”
I immediately recognised the voice as Gregory Simpson, the mayor of Crystal Peak. Why wasn’t he doing anything? The man strangling me loosened his grip and I sucked in a mouthful of air. The man backed away and my eyes slowly began adjusting and I noticed the mayor nodding at the man.
“Let’s go!” he shouted.
I flinched when the chains on my arms pulled tight, raising me so that I was standing up right. I barely had enough time to register that I was only wearing underwear before three more men entered the room. They lined up behind me and my whole body froze when a loud thump rang through the room. Plaster flew and I look beside me at the knife that was just thrown. My eyes watered as another one flew, landing above my head. I could hear the men laughing as they threw knives one by one. My body constricted, trying to make it harder for them to hit me and I relaxed slightly when they seemed to be throwing further away. A scream was ripped from my throat as one of them got me in the side of my arm.
“Bulls eye!” one of them laughed.
My eyes burned and watered as I tried to pull away from the knife.
“Look at her go!” another cried. I barely registered their laughing as I pulled my body back. I pushed my feet against the wall, tearing at the skin. My head snapped back as I let out a blood curling scream. My voice broke and my breath shortened.
Sign up to rate and review this story