Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Ignorance is Bliss

Default Chapter

by The_best_cliche 7 reviews

Just because you don't know what you're looking for, doesn't mean you can't find what you want. Short Joe Story!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-08-29 - Updated: 2006-08-29 - 1496 words

2Exciting
Joe sighed, as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned to lean on the counter. He actually had a nice view of the store from where he stood. He was there to pick up his third guitar that he had specially made, for him- by him. It was actually pretty cool, to create your own guitar how you want it. As he looked around he realized nothing new was hanging around that he hadn't already seen or looked at the last time he was there. There was however, a beautiful woman looking aimlessly up at the hanging guitars on display. The confusion on her face kind of amused him.
Picking himself up, Joe made his way towards the woman casually standing next to her, admiring the guitars that hung above them.

"You play?" He asked, just looking over to her momentarily. Not enough where she would notice that he had kind of been stalking her from the opposite side of the store. Just simply making a casual question.

Being disturbed from her thoughts she turned to look at him "Me?" she laughed shaking her head "No, sorry"

Joe smiled at how gentle and sweet her laugh was, but now that he knew she didn't play it was kind of weird for her to be in a guitar shop. "No need to apologize, so just plan on getting one to look cool?"

"I don't need a guitar to look cool, I am cool" she clutched her bag tighter, smiling at him. "Do you work here?"

"uh, no, no I don't. I'm here picking up a guitar" He loved her sassiness, and also the fact that he was considered a nobody for a moment even excited him. There was a girl that if he worked up enough nerve to ask for her number or ask if they could get some coffee or something would get to know him as him, and not anything else. "So why are you in the market for a guitar?"

The girl had returned her gaze back to the guitars so Joe could no longer make out exactly what color her eyes were, they seemed like light brown but he wasn't completely sure "My brother" she started "I told him that if he made it through junior high with an average 85 or above I would buy him a guitar. So here I am." she turned back to look at him. "I'm Madilyn, by the way" she extended her hand.

Joe's smile grew, he was sure her eyes were honey colored with a tint of gray and now he even knew her name. Pulling his hand out of his pocket he met her's shaking it "Joe, and you have a lucky brother. So do you know what you're looking for?"

"honestly?" Madilyn raised an eyebrow "No" she laughed.

"So then why were you looking at these?" he pointed up to the Paul Stanley signature series she had been admiring since he found her.

She shrugged and looked at him almost innocently "because they're pretty..?" Madilyn trailed off before laughing. "I really don't know anything about guitars."

"I can tell.." he laughed "And I don't know if your brother wants to play a pretty guitar, he might just be using it to get girls. Then he needs a real slick nice guitar.." Joe trailed off, looking down at her a playful grin on his face. He was enjoying this playful flirtation "those, make the girls swoon"

"really?" Madilyn had matched his playful grin, as she now turned her body towards him "thanks for the warning, I'll make sure not to attend any clubs or bars to watch you play." she paused momentarily as she felt like an idiot. You could tell from her nervous expression she felt like she did something stupid "Wait, you do play, like in bars or clubs right? Or you just play for fun?"

Laughing he nodded, kind of moving his head around nervously, not wanting to lie but not wanting this cool girl to get all crazy either "I play, and I'm in a band. I'm the lead guitarist." Joe nodded satisfied with that answer. He didn't lie but didn't disclose too much info.

"Oh, lead guitarist?" Madilyn gained some of her confidence back. "So I guess you have all the women swooning for you..?"

"Umm, not exactly" he shook his head, giving her an awkward laugh "ahhh, the bassist and the lead vocalist have all the women, which is okay. I am more of a one woman man."

"bassist?" Madilyn repeated "I've never heard of that instrument.."

"You really don't know anything about guitars" he laughed "A bass is a type of guitar, it has an extra string which helps to create a lower tone."

"Oh.. okay" she nodded as things kind of grew quiet for a few moments. "So, now that I have a guitar expert, what should I get my brother?"

" I'm an expert now..?" Joe liked the sound of that, as he looked around the store for a moment, walking towards the front Madilyn following him. "well, assuming your brother wants to learn to play, and still wants to look cool I think you might want to get him a guitar from the Xseries.."

"Uh huh..." Madilyn started to look over the guitars that were in front of her. What she was looking for wasn't really certain, but she had to at least appear semi-interested. When really she was just going to take whatever this guy, Joe picked out. He knew what he was talking about. If anything, she would just tell her brother to exchange it, "and why do I want one from the X-Series, and not one of those pretty ones over there...?" she looked up at Joe smiling.

"these..." he picked up an X50PRO, holding it and grazing his fingers over the strings. "are simple rock and roll guitars, traditional and they are great for really learning and mastering guitar playing. But even after you know how to play, you can still use it.." Joe tried to show off playing a few riffs of one of his solo parts. Yeah, he was trying to show off.

"Nice..." Madilyn was surprised and actually kind of happy at how well this guy had just played. He wasn't just playing her for a fool and trying to just sweet talk his way. Joe could play. "So, I can pick any of these on this wall...?"

"Um... yeah" Joe had looked up at the guitars.

Smiling, Madilyn licked her bottom lip gently biting it as she stepped forward grabbing the neck of the guitar he had been holding "I pick this one..." she held it.

Straightening himself up, Joe looked down at her. He hated that it took him a while to actually realize she was coming on to him, wait.. she was coming on to him right? Well the smirk on his face couldn't leave so he hoped she was. "It's yours, if you go catch some lunch with me..?" He knew that was a risk and that's why he said, catch some lunch. It wasn't exactly saying go out with me,and Joe wouldn't look like a complete idiot if she said no. Then again, he felt like one anyway... who says catch some lunch with me to impress a girl. Oy vey!

"I'd love to get some lunch with you." she nodded as she noticed someone who had come out "I think that guy is looking for you..."

Turning he noticed that Dave had come out, guitar case in hand. Taking the guitar he held off his shoulder, holding it for her "So you want this one..?" he asked, just making sure.

"Yeah.." Madilyn went to take it from him as he turned and started to walk towards the counter. "Joe.." she called following him and catching up. "I can take the guitar now.."

"It's a gentleman thing to do." he put the guitar down for her, as Dave showed him his. He couldn't have been happier with the outcome as he again impressed Madilyn with his playing.

"wow, a true star huh?"

He looked up at her smiling, Joe's eyes shinning. He had never really tried so hard to impress a girl in just 30 minutes. "more than you know.." Joe put the guitar back in its case as he helped Madilyn get a few more things for her brother.

Madilyn kind of stood back allowing Joe to do some of her negotiation and get the guy to throw in a few things for him. She had to admit, he knew what he was talking about. Usually she hated ignorant people, but in this case ignorance brought her him. So maybe ignorance is bliss.


Ahh the title might not go, but it was all i could think of. I hope you like it, its cute. I would greatly appreciate reviews. If not on this one, then on one of my other stories =)
Sign up to rate and review this story