Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

Preparation To Travel? Usage These Easy Tips!

by namebumper16carli 0 reviews

New worlds await you, whether near or far, and travel is the way to open the door to unexpected sights, sounds and experiences. Though it can be intim

Category: 6teen - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-02-01 - 1163 words

0Unrated
New worlds await you, whether near or far, and travel is the way to open the door to unexpected sights, sounds and experiences. Though it can be intimidating on some levels, travel need not be stressful if you take some tips beforehand from those who have tread the paths before you. A few bits of knowledge will go a long way in preparing you for an unforgettable trip.

If you're traveling with kids, it's tempting to let them all tune out with their own mp3 players, but consider bringing along some books on CD. Having something literate and interesting for the whole family to listen to is not only entertaining and interesting, but provides a common experience that each family member can take forward with them into life ("Hey, remember when I was ten, and we listened to Black Beauty on the way to Maine?"). It's the stuff of which fond memories are made.

Don't be afraid to cash in your airline miles. Many travelers let their miles accumulate and never bother using them. Reap the rewards of your traveling and spend the miles you've earned! Miles have expiration dates, so be sure to use them before they expire. Often you can use them on items other than travel, so check out your options and get to spending.




Make a portable washing machine with a plastic bag. Save money by skipping expensive coin-operated washers and dryers when you travel by using a do-it-yourself tip. Find or pack a large and sturdy plastic bag, and add a little laundry soap and water. Put your clothes in the bag, and shake. Drain the soapy water and repeat the process with clean water, then hang the clothes to dry.

If you have a laptop, bring an A/V cable with you on your trip. Most hotel rooms come equipped with a television, and many now include free wireless internet as well. By hooking your laptop up to the hotel television with an A/V cable you instantly have access to many more entertainment options, whether streaming a movie from the internet to using the laptop as a DVD player.

When traveling to tropical areas, always keep your dirty laundry in a closed bag. Hotels and homes in tropical parts of the world aren't as bug-proof as most American homes. Dirty laundry will attract insects, especially ants, meaning that clothing that was simply dirty, is now completely unwearable for the rest of the trip.

If you are planning to fly, make sure that you purchase your ticket under the same exact name that is on your identification. Airport security has increased these past years and you don't want to get to the airport and realize that you are not allowed to fly because your ID doesn't match up to your ticket.

Thinking about planning a vacation? It may surprise you to know that the days you select to travel can result in a huge savings...or a huge expense. If you fly on the weekend, the ticket price is generally much higher than it is during the week. Consider arriving or departing on a Monday or a Thursday instead.

Any time you are in a foreign country, drink bottled water. Countries around the world treat their water differently than others. While the water may very well be safe to drink, it may also have additives that your body is not used to, which could cause painful issues down the road. Play it safe.

If you want to be able to barter overseas, bring something that is difficult to get outside of your own country. Bourbon is a great example for Americans. American Bourbon is nearly impossible to find outside of the United States, so much so that other countries will pay you double the original cost.

When traveling by car there are many ways to save money. First, pack your car as lightly as possible, this will help save on gas. Next, if you are renting a car for a large group, rent one SUV and it will save on gas and the cost of renting two vehicles. Also, assure your tire pressure is adequate, as this will help to save on gas, too. Last, use your cars cruise control function as it will run the engine efficiently and is yet another way to save on gas.

Always carry a small bag in your bags. Either a collapsible duffel or backpack that can be easily stored gives you the option of returning with items such as gifts, souvenirs or even duty free items. While it may be one more bag to check, you can avoid potentially higher weight charges from stuffing these items into your regular luggage.

Ask around on the social networks you frequent for any tips or recommendations of the area you're planning on visiting. You'll be surprised just what may come up. Ask what the best hotels are, what the best restaurants are, what places of interest you should visit. Friends usually give the best ideas!

Travel "green" by traveling by train instead of by plane. Train rides not only offer scenic views, but there will be not long security lines or lost luggage. For example, if you are traveling to Europe or Asia, they offer great rail travel that will allow you to save money and explore multiple places one trip.

When you travel by air, pack a few items in your carry on that you will be able to use if your luggage is lost or sent to the wrong location. These items should include a change of underwear, a pair of socks and an easy to pack outfit such as yoga pants and a shirt. This way you will have a back up supply of clothing in the event of mishaps with your luggage.

Review the cancellation policy of any hotel or car rental company that you are considering using for your travel needs. If you are able to back out of the reservation, look into other offers when the time to travel gets closer. You may find that you will save a good bit of money or get a better room or car for the same amount.


Traveling abroad? Make sure to pack a passport holder! These nifty devices are slim, discreet, and very useful to protect yourself against pickpockets. You can slip your passport and money into the small pouch, and wear it under a sweatshirt or t-shirt so no one is able to get to it on the street. American passports are worth a lot of money on the black market in many other countries, so better to be safe than sorry!

Now that you have some prominent tips to help you with the development of your travel plans, get going and make the plans for the travel that you will enjoy the most. Consider each tip as you work your way through the list of arrangements to be made and you will have a much easier time.
Sign up to rate and review this story