Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

Awesome Photography Advice To Help You Succeed

by Wiese72Camp 0 reviews

Photography is a lot more that just trying to take a clear shot of something in decent lighting. Photography is definitely more of an art than a scien

Category: 6teen - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2017-02-07 - 1019 words

0Unrated
Photography is a lot more that just trying to take a clear shot of something in decent lighting. Photography is definitely more of an art than a science. It is a form of art that requires quite a few different techniques. You will want to look for things that are interesting and appealing to the eye, and pay attention to detail. Follow these tips to take unique pictures.

When taking a photograph, take one shot, then move in closer to the desired subject and take a second shot. You want the subject of the photograph to be the majority of the frame. Taking the second shot ensures that you get the better shot from one of the two, whether you were close enough initially or not.

When you are shooting a photo of someone, make sure that you are close to them to maximize the quality of the details on their face. This is very important, as you will want to capture every aspect of their expression to help to personalize the photos that you take.

Shoot during the "golden hours," especially if you are shooting human subjects. The time around dawn and dusk are named "golden hours" because the hue of the light makes objects look like they are glowing. This light also complements human skin, making human subjects appear to look better than they would in photos taken at other times of day.

Natural light will always provide you with the highest quality photos. Cloudy days are actually better for shooting than sunny ones, because the clouds act as a natural diffuser, spreading the light out and eliminating shadows and harsh contrasts. Opt for your next photo shoot outside on an overcast day.

Keeping your camera very steady is the key in shooting images that are crisp and very sharp. Many cameras have an automatic stabilizer built right into it to allow for some leeway. If you are still having problems keeping your camera steady, invest in some kind of a tripod.

If you like to buy souvenirs when you travel, take photographs of them. You can take a photo of the item in the store you bought it from, or put it in a location which will show both the beauty of the terrain and the local culture. This is a great way to capture memories and remember where you might have purchased a certain item from.

Do not forget to take pictures of yourself. You can still compose the background and choose how you want to use light and colors. Give instructions to a friend and look at the preview before you go pause. These pictures will be nice memories when you look back at them.

Most modern digital cameras have a flash that automatically deploys when they detect low-light situations. This is good for random, candid shots, but if you want a professional look, invest in a flash that is external and offers more lighting. Check to make sure your camera has a "hot shoe" on top that will accommodate an external flash, then go to a professional camera store to ensure that you are getting one that automatically syncs with your camera.

Do not rely on your equipment or on editing too much. Expensive equipment can make every picture look great, but the artistic quality of a piece still depends on your creativity. You can take great pictures from an artistic point of view with an extremely cheap camera as long as you create something original.

To create an unusual and creative photograph, try changing your perspective. People are used to seeing things from normal human-height and eye-level viewpoints. Getting up high or down low can drastically change how a scene appears. Done right, this will create a startling, memorable shot that your viewers will appreciate.

As a learning exercise, set restrictions that force you to find creative solutions. For instance, set a daily goal and just shoot what represents a single concept, like "sweet." Try to shoot 100 different photographs from the same point or within the same room. By enforcing this limitation, your mind has to find new ways to express the subject in a great photograph and this causes you to think beyond your normal comfort-zone.

One of the best ways to take better photographs is to master the exposure levels and modes of your camera. Modern cameras have a wide range of preset exposures and scene modes that are specificity designed to take photos in different situations. Learn how to use those first and then work your way into learning how to manage manual exposures.

Take candid shots. Instead of taking posed pictures, try taking pictures of your subject with family at work or doing something they love. When your subject is comfortable they will be more at ease and you will end up getting some unique shots. This works especially well when trying to photograph children.

When framing your photo, always think about the rule of thirds. This should actually be the rule of ninths, because you are envisioning your photo space into thirds both horizontally and vertically. Try to place your subject to the left or right, top or bottom, instead of dead center in the picture. This will make the viewer's eyes move around the image instead of stareing straight into it.

Like previously stated, be aware of the setting on your camera and what you have it on for certain subject matter and lighting conditions. Once again, pay special attention to the ISO of your camera.When shooting in low light, increase the ISO on your camera to keep the shot sharp.

Compare camera prices when you are in the market for a new one. A good rule is to decide first what make, model, and features you will need. Then you can proceed with finding the best deal on the camera. Make sure you check local camera retailers as well as big online outlets.

Now you see that photography is a lot more than just taking sharp and well-lit shots of a subject. Doing so can really improve the quality of the pictures you take.
Sign up to rate and review this story