Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood

PANDORA!

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

To be or not to be that is the question,"

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry,Luna - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2017-02-16 - 4283 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was two minutes to midnight and all through the castle. Not a creature was stirring. Not even a Nargle. Luna Lovegood sat silently in Potter's quarters, counting the seconds. Luna wanted to wait until midnight to activate the Resurrection stone. She said it was the most magical time to do so. It would be Midnight, Devil's night and Halloween at once. Harry had agreed to wait a couple hours but he wasn't fooled. He knew Luna was delaying the inevitable.

It was one minute to midnight and the bell was about to welcome Halloween to the castle. Luna was now on the verge of a full blown panic attack. Not even meditation could no longer control her beating heart. Luna started to squeeze Harry's hand as she whispered. "I can't do this Harry."

"It's not can't, but won't." Harry said, "You can and will do this Luna."

At that moment the hand struck midnight for Luna it struck too soon. The Bell rang throughout the castle causing Luna to squeak and try to flee. "I'm sorry you can still talk to her just let me know if she says something of use..."

"Luna do you trust me?" Harry asked gently.

Luna froze as she faced him. "Of course Harry, I trust you with my life."

Harry took her hand with both of his. "Then trust me on this. You need to face her Luna. You need to say goodbye. You need to let her go."

Luna bit her lip nervously before she whimpered. "I'm scared."

Harry removed his hands revealing the Resurrection stone between her fingers. "If you don't speak to her now, you will regret it for the rest of your life."

Luna held up the stone and slowly nodded with new found determination. "Mother always said to live in the moment."

Luna turned the stone three time before she spoke with a confident but shaky voice. "I Luna Puer Lovegood, Summon Pandora Luna Lovegood née Mator from the stone."

The Stone lit up brighter than a thousand suns as a feint humming sound could be heard. Luna rushed in Harry's arms while the humming grew louder and higher in pitch. Soon it was deafening as it forced Harry and Luna to cover their ears. Just when they thought the room couldn't be brighter or louder...

...

...

...

Silence and darkness claimed the room once more.

After the ringing in their ears settled down Harry realized the humming had turned into a woman's voice. A cheerful memory coming from her soft voice. He opened his eyes and saw a stunning sight.

There she was Pandora, in the Flesh

...well not flesh really.

She was transparent and covered in a feint glow but that aside she looked as she had in life. The Witch looked incredibly similar to Luna. If it weren't for Luna, Harry would've called the ghostly women before him the most beautiful he had ever seen. Her hair was as golden as her skin, while her eyes shined like the sun. Pandora for lack of a better word, looked like an angel.

"To be or not to be that is the question,"

She whispered with a soft voice.

"I'm not sure I know the answer.

I feel...neither life...nor death...just consciousness."

Pandora looked around the room in silent contemplation. She looked to her floating feet and smiled.

"Of course, the Resurrection Stone.

In all my years I never dreamed I would live to see it

...I guess I was right."

Pandora snorted and then started to laugh completely shattering her angel vibe she had going. She went to clap her hands but they went through each over in her transparent sate. "HA...That's weird. WOW this is incredible. Now where the heck am I and how come someone has the power to summon any dead person EVER and choose little old me."

Pandora's eyes widened when they reached Harry and his forehead and unleashed a torrent of speech o fast it would make Hermione blush... "My…My, if it isn't the fabled Boy Who Lived. I haven't seen you since your first birthday. I remember how excited Lily was since I was having a vision of you and my months old daughter becoming an adorable couple just liked we joked about in Hogwarts. For Lilly it was proof that you would survive the hell that would come. For me it was proof that my daughter would find love despite her affliction.

Pandora took a deep pointless breath as a more somber look appeared in her eyes. "You see I created this potion that showed if someone was magical or not. You see I was afraid I was a Squib during my first year at Hogwarts. I just wanted my Luna to know if she had problems with her magic like I did, to not give up like I nearly did.

However to my shock she WAS a Squib. Oh how I cried that night. My one year of pain would be nothing compared to the life my Little Luna was destined for. I became so angry when I realized how unfair it was that some people are gifted with magic and others are not. I cried not just for my daughter but every Muggle and Squib who lived without magic. Most of them are more deserving then most Wizards.

"I swore that night I would change this! I would give the world magic and I would start with my beautiful daughter..."

Pandora finally tampered off from her musings and slowly looked around the room. "Wait...If your here Potter...and I'm here...then SHE'S HEAR!"

Pandora started spinning comically fast."LU LU, where are you?"

It was at that moment Harry looked around and realized Luna was again missing. But before he could panic he heard Pandora chuckle. "If I know Luna, she's hiding under your bed."

Harry spun around to see to silver eyes staring out from under his bed. Slowly Luna stood up (moving through the bed as if it was not there) and slowly approached the women she swore she would never get to see again. Luna whispered in a unsteady voice, "Mom?"

Pandora smiled warmly, "Merlin look how you have grown. You are still the fairest of them all."

"Mom.." Luna whispered. "Is that really you?"

Pandora nodded "Of course My Little Luna."

"MOM!" Luna ran towards, then through, the resurrected spirit. Luna turned around and collapsed to her knees crying as she failed to wrap her arm around her Mother's feet. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry mom. I never meant to hurt you, I'm sorry I said you where mad."

"Luna look at me dear." Pandora implored as she knelt down to meet Luna's eyes. "Never apologize to me for silly words you didn't mean, even if they are true. I never doubted your love for a second Luna, please don't ever doubt mine."

Luna felt Harry's hand rest on her shoulder as she continued to cry. Pandora simply whispered loving words to her daughter while Harry comforted her child. After five minutes her mother spoke again. "It is I who should be apologizing to you."

"For what?" Luna asked.

Pandora spoke somberly. "I never should have rested this burden on your shoulders. I knew I was going to die was desperate to give you magic while I could. I knew that if I failed in my mission to give the world magic you may continue in my stead. I was more focused on giving you this gift then the consequences, and in my forced haste I made a mistake."

"What Mistake did you...wait Forced Haste?" Harry asked keeping his arm around Luna.

Pandora briefly giggled. "He speaks! I was starting to think you were a mute or something. Oh right um...Basically haste is the easier one to answer. I had to finish my spell on Luna in a rush since I was seconds away from my murder."

Luna quickly stood up with Harry pulled up by the arm around her shoulders. "Who did it mom. Who murdered you?" Luna hissed.

"I honestly don't know dear. It's hard to explain really. In my haste however I gave you too much magic. That is how you have these powers I've seen in visions. It is why your emotions and mind where damaged. You are losing those powers and fast but I have faith in you. I have faith that when the time comes you will do what's right. I never expected these powers to hurt you the way they have Luna. I'm sorry dear..."

Luna stood firm as she spoke. "It's OK mom, I don't regret the hardships. I will fulfill your mission."

"No Luna, not my mission. If you continue with this mission it is your mission. Don't do anything because of me. It is your choice to make and your life to live. It was never you choose to do this then do it for yourself and those you care about. In the end that is all that matters. Find your own happiness. Find your own love." Pandora implored.

"Then I will finish what you started mom. For the Muggles and Squibs." Luna stated, "Besides I have found love and happiness."

Pandora beamed, "I can see that. No need for introductions Harry, we have already met."

Harry remembered something Pandora said earlier. "You knew my mother?"

Pandora sighed. "Of course I did we were in the same year art Hogwarts. Though we were in different houses we were both prodigies. We would both study together when she wasn't hanging around that shady, big-nosed kid.

"We were Best Friends Forever...until I left in fifth year. You could say we drifted apart after that but true friends are never truly far. We would send letters every so often and even visit each over on occasion."

Pandora's eyes twinkled mischievously. "Do you want me to tell you the tale of how you first met?"

Luna tilted her head to the side. "It was on the train when Ginny introduced..."

"Are you saying we met as...infants?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Maybe?" Pandora giggled, "Maybe...during one of my visits I brought my Little Luna with me. Maybe...baby Harry wanted her toys she brought and levitated them by accidental magic. I recall Luna started to whack you on the head with her rattle which you in your lack of foresight forgot to levitate. It was hard to be a good parent that day it was so amusing."

Harry's face palm only made the Lovegoods break out into laughter. Luna started poking Harry in the chest. "That'll teach you mean Mr. Potter...What happened next."

Pandora's smile vanished. "What happened next is legend. You see, that was the last time I saw her before that fabled Halloween. The Dark Lord killed Lily. It was quite remarkable that you survived child, that something as simple as love could stop a killing curse.

"I must admit I was...unsatisfied...with that answer. So I actually researched what happened that night and discovered the answer was simply...Love."

Harry raised an eyebrow "So the answer you weren't satisfied with was the answer you were satisfied with?"

Pandora looked between the Harry and Luna and rubbed her nose like Filius did. "Interesting relationship love has with magic, it can save lives and end them just as quickly. It can do something as small as changing your Patronus, to something as large sealing a life dept. It affects you Luna, it affects you in ways you cannot even begin to imagine."

Luna nodded. "So it's love, that's the secret of magic?"

Pandora shook her head. "Too unfocused but it is part of a bigger picture. Something Lily unknowingly tapped into when she stopped the Dark Lord. She barley scratched the surface."

Pandora's eyes gleamed with excitement as she continued. "I discovered something big Luna, something bigger than even my mission was. I discovered absolute power. The power to help the world, save it, enslave it, destroy it, and I just wanted to help Muggles."

Pandora sighed bitterly, "They say power corrupts but it never corrupted me. I never wanted power, respect or anything to do with this MAD MAD WORLD! I just wanted to keep my family happy and safe. I just wanted to try to make the world a better place. That is all anyone can ever do...to try.

"I'm afraid can't tell you exactly what this power is or it will not work. I will say this, Peskipiksi Pesternomi"

Shut up empty headed, lying, cheating, thief of intelligence! Wait you not the fraud.

Hahahaha that stupid spell never gets old

Um...I think it worked on calling us.

Of course it did! The Moon Mother invented it.

Pandora chuckled ignoring the fact that Nargles where speaking through Luna. "I remember teaching it to this twit in school. He was so full of himself yet he was so stupid. Definitely a bad combination. I might have made up the spell to make him look foolish. My Nargles, you only came because I called you."

It's the Moon Mother

We're not worthy

We're not worthy

I am HAHAHA

"Shut up pixies I wish to speak to my daughter." Pandora shouted,

Wow someone's grouchy

Must be her time of the month HA

Ha Can't Be She's Dead Ha

Shit, Now you've done it

Pandora as voice deepened unnaturally, "I said leave us alone before take my wand and shove it.."

The Nargles would like to note the following rant from

Pandora has been censored for involving

Every curse word known to Man and Wizard kind

Along with words never spoken by trolls

I Surrender

I Surrender

I Don't...

Ah...Ok I'll Go.

Pandora sighed "Sorry about that, forgot how annoying those fellows can be."

"The Nargles are a key part to your success. They hold the secret but it is more complicated than that. You have read my scrap book. Hidden inside is a spell that you must use. I cannot tell you what it does or it won't work, but believe me it will change the world if done right."

"Also Magic is a real physical thing, it has to be contained. I placed a large amount in you but there is far more. You must find this magic, Filius knows where it is and helped place it there after my death. Sadly his dam oath will force him silent. I myself am not sure where it is but I'd swear on my life it's in the Ministry itself."

"Beware of those you trust dear. I dread even those with the best intentions will harm you in the end. The True Villain of this tale as yet to appear on the stage. Evil comes in many forms but the Devil in Disguise is even worse then you ever believed. Don't ask me how I know this it's just feelings I had before my death."

"The prophecy mentioned the Earth Mother and Father. Is that who you speak of? Do you know who they are?" Luna asked.

"I can guess but do not know. My guesses if wrong could do more bad then good. My guess if correct would cause even worse damage to voice it. So I shall remain silent on this matter dear." Pandora paused in deep thought before continuing. "Luna, do you know what makes you so special?"

"I'm not special," Luna muttered as Harry shook his head.

"Not special? Even your worst enemy would concede that you are special!" Harry exclaimed.

Pandora giggled "Thank you Harry, I must admit I loath false modesty. Luna is not false just misguided. Luna you are indeed special and it is not because of you magic but you mind. You have an incredible imagination and that is the key."

Pandora floated to Luna and placed her transparent hand on Luna's shoulder. "I never cared if you were Squib or Witch. I just wanted to make you happy. I failed you as a mother. I am sorry."

Luna shook her head violently. "You were an amazing Mom. I'm ready to be the Daughter you deserve."

"You were always more then I deserved dear." Pandora whispered. "You know what I saw before I died. A had an indescribable vision. I saw the most beautiful thing in the world...the world itself. And you dear Luna, even more beautiful then the world itself, was not apart of it. In my vision you where wishing you could go back. Dear girl don't shut them out.

"I know things seem dark now child but dawn is going to be astounding!"

Pandora then floated to Luna's side to stare into Harry's eyes. Pandora's golden eyes seemed to see through his very being. "Thank you for all you have done for my daughter Harry Potter. Please continue to watch over her against the dangers to come.

"I will always look after her Pandora. I swear on my life," Harry answered firmly.

Pandora smiled weakly. "I know dear. Remember the answers you seek are not on a piece of paper but in your hearts...the hour is late...I must return...to the other side.

"NO!" Luna cried out desperately. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME...NOT AGAIN!"

Pandora slowly shook her head and paced her hand over Luna's heart. "No..No my child."

"I Never Left."

Luna's eyes began to water as Pandora placed a kiss on Luna's head, A kiss Luna could not feel. "Shhh, No more tears my dear. I must go back to where I belong. You must do the same. Move on with your life child and become the women you were destined to be. Move on and let me go. I'm not saying to forget me for I will always be there by your side. I just want you to move on and have a family of your own.

"I'm not certain of the future anymore but I don't need to be a seer to know true love when I see it. Look out for each over and never shut each over out. Together we stand, divided we fall. The world has been divided for too long. It's time to take a stand."

Pandora slowly began to fade away as she whispered.

"Please don't forget me, or cry while I'm away."

Just as Pandora disappeared Luna called to her. "Wait don't go I still need your help. I can't handle all these thoughts and feelings. I once said you lost your mind but I'm the one who has lost it. I lost it the moment I said that to you. I don't know what to do. How can I change the world when I don't even have my sanity...Mom Please..."

The room was empty and silent for ten seconds before an eerie voice whispered.

"You may feel you have lost your mind but don't fret dear.

The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.

Goodbye my Love, My Luna..."

"NO! MOM! MOM! COME BACK!" Luna yelled as she lunged for the stone. Harry quickly waved his wand summoning the stone into his hand. "HARRY, I NEED THAT SONE TO SEE MY MOM!"

Harry closed his eyes and shook his head. "It will drive you mad...like in the story Luna."

"But without the stone I'll never see her again. Without it she'll be gone." Luna pleaded in vain as Harry again shook his head...

"Luna...she is gone."

Harry could see understanding reach Luna's eyes as she nodded. Harry then whispered in Parseltongue "Close at the Open" and the stone returned from whence it came...back into the Forbidden Forrest.

It was the hardest thing Harry ever had to do.

"She's gone," Luna choked. She felt it hit her like a train. "She's really gone. I'm never going to see my mom again."

Luna dropped to her knees and cried. She cried like she had never cried before. She cried for eight years of sadness, eight years of grief, she cried for all the times she should have cried but held it in. She poured her soul into her hands.

Harry knelt down beside Luna and slowly rubbed her back as she mourned. "It hurts Harry, It hurts so much. How do you handle this?"

"I struggle with it every day Luna. Losing my parents, my Godfather, my friends. But they never truly leave us. Their memory lives on." Harry whispered.

"Never leave me Harry. I don't think I could handle losing you." Luna whimpered.

"Luna I couldn't handle it either. I swear on my parents graves I will never leave you." Harry vowed as the two held each over and cried long through the night.

"Bloody Hell! It's five in the Morgana morning! Halloween is tomorrow so no trick or treat...RAGNOK!"

"Hello Sir. Flitwick. Not interrupting anything am I?" The Goblin growled as he strutted through the floo network to Flitwick's room.

"Only my sleep you shit." Filius grunted before the two butted heads in a show of Goblin friendship.

"I have four notes to deliver" Ragnok coughed. "Three of them are the same letter addressed to Potter, Lovegood, and Yourself. The fourth is for Lovegood and is not a Goblins letter."

Filius paled as he heard this. "Pandora?"

Ragnock nodded. "War is coming, in more ways than one. The world is going to change and we must learn to swim or drown."

Filius rubbed his nose "Pandora knew this?"

"Pandora caused this, she knew this has to happen. The Wizarding world is a disgrace and the time to act is now. Traditions must be broken or those who follow them shall be washed away." The Goblin uttered.

Filius took the letters and sat down. In front of Ragnock he opened his own letter and read it. He looked up at the Goblin to see its devilish smile.

"Merlin's Beard! Luna, I hope you know what you are getting yourself into."

"Magic won't change the world." Luna hummed thoughtfully later that very night as the two laid in bed. "It will expose wizards to the world but what happens next is a mystery. Magic won't bring them happiness. Only unity will. You know I felt when I became a Witch?" Luna asked looking over at Harry.

"I bet you where bloody thrilled" Harry said smiling as he remembered when found out he was a wizard.

"No...I cried actually," Luna said. "It was the last time I cried for a long time. My mother was dead and now I had magic. What did I want magic for? It wouldn't bring me friends or a Mother. It never helped me...not the way you have. You have given me so much Harry. You've given me friendship, love, you even helped me say goodbye to my Mother. You have given me everything while magic has failed."

Luna gazed longingly into Harry's emerald eyes. "I love you Harry Potter."

Harry grinned, "You mean 'Now you love me?'"

Luna's only answer was a light heartfelt kiss on his lips before snuggling into his chest. As she felt sleep overcome her she heard his feint reply. "I love you to My Lovely Luna."

Liberate The Fairies, The Nargles, The Pixies

Liberate The Humdinger, The Heliopath, The Slashkilter

Liberate The Dabberblimp, The Gulping Plimp, The Blabber Shrimp

Liberate The Horlax, The Snorlacks, The Anthrax

Wait Anthrax?

Hahahaha

Moon-Mother Moon-Child

The Children of the Wise

Liberate the dog from where it lies.

It howls to the moon as the sun shall rise.

Remember my dear / read ym rebmemeR

You are special / laiceps era uoY

Your mind, your spirit / tirips rouy ,dnim ruoY

Imagination / noitanigamI

You have an incredible / elbidercni na evah uoY

Imagination / noitanigamI

That is the key / yek eht si that

Luna stared at her mother in silence before finally saying "The kids are right, you have lost your mind."

Pandora just smiled and kissed her daughter on her forehead. "Maybe you're right dear.

The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end,

if not always in the way we expect,"

Pandora said this lovingly before laughing, as she found her wand on top of her own glasses.

"First I drink this potion which will hopefully give me the ability to see the Nargles" Pandora said as she drank the potion then raised her wand. "Now if I see one I'll harness the power from the Nargle."

Say

The

Magic

WORDS!

Luna was blinded by a light brighter than anything she had ever seen. Pandora gritted her teeth as the light formed into a massive ball of energy at the end of her wand. With her left hand still gripping her wand Pandora took out a vial with her right hand and a little light entered it.

Luna heard footsteps from behind her felt a wand touch the back of her head. Pandora dropped the vial startled as Luna heard a voice.

"Stupefy"

Luna woke up startled quickly running from the bed to pick up her mother's scrap book.

"Luna was is it?" A groggy Harry asked as Luna tore through the pages until she found the Nargles section. The picture was blank as before.

Luna placed her hand on the blank paged and whispered, "Reveal." Words appeared on the page saying 'What's the magic word?'

Luna grinned as she took out a quill and wrote on the page 'Imagination'.

The words faded as two new words appeared. Luna recognized these words. She had heard them once before over eight years ago.

Imaginatio Potestatem
Sign up to rate and review this story