Categories > TV > Charmed > Charmed of the Phoenix

Hidden World Discovered

by cflat 1 review

AUHP& Charmed xover: After being asked to join the Order of the Phoenix, Paige and Chris go undercover as a teacher and student to help better protect the students of Hogwarts. Meanwhile, it's tim...

Category: Charmed - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Chris, Leo, Paige, Phoebe, Piper, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 2672 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: The characters of Charmed don't belong to me. The same goes to Harry Potter.


A/N: The room that they are holding the meeting in is the same room where the Charmed Ones and their grandmother and mother were in, in Forever Charmed.

This chapter is about introducing the Charmed Ones and family into the Wizarding World. So, there's going to be a whole lot of talking, and basically no action at all.

Oh, and this chapter is set in about mid June.

______________________________________________________________________________

Children of the Charmed Ones:

Piper Halliwell and Leo Wyatt:

Wyatt (17), Chris (15), Melinda (13)

Phoebe Halliwell and Coop:

Patricia (13), Penelope (12), Portia (8)

Henry and Paige (Matthews) Mitchell:

Natalie (11), Nadine (11), Henry Jr. (9)
_______________________________________________________________

Hidden World Discovered

Phoebe Halliwell had been a witch for many years. In those years, she (and her sisters) had never heard of a secret magical world. One could say she was more than a bit surprised when her friend, Katrina (the same Katrina who used to be her and her sisters' familiar), told them that the headmaster of one of the most powerful wizarding schools wanted to meet with the Charmed Ones. After Katrina had explained a little bit about the secret magical world, Phoebe and her sisters had agreed to meet the headmaster at the Manor.

Presently, the Charmed Ones (Piper, Phoebe, and Paige), along with Piper and Phoebe's husbands, Leo and Coop, were sitting in the family room with the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Albus Dumbledore. Dumbledore had just finished telling the Charmed Ones a brief history of the Wizarding World and the beginning reign of the darkest wizard in the Wizarding World's history.

"Okay, let me get this straight," Phoebe Halliwell said from where she sat on the right side of the sofa in the family room. Her younger half-sister, Paige, sat in the middle, and her older sister, Piper, sat next to Paige. Her husband, Coop, sat on a chair by her, while Leo sat on another chair by his wife. They had just finished listening to Dumbledore explain some of the recent history of the Wizarding World and the recent return of the not-so-dead dark wizard, Voldemort. "There's this secret Wizarding World where everybody channels their magic through their wands, and has their own government complete with a Prime Minister and everything."

"Correct," Dumbledore said when Phoebe looked at Dumbledore to confirm what she had just said.

"All right," Phoebe said and then continued. "And then this dark wizard, Voldie-what?"

"Voldemort," Leo said helpfully.

"Yeah," Phoebe said. "Why did he have to pick such a weird and confusing name?" She asked, getting slightly off track.

"When he was a human," Dumbledore explained, "his name was Tom Marvolo Riddle. However, towards the end of his education at Hogwarts, he was already going by the name Voldemort, which is an anagram from his birth name. If you were to take Tom Marvolo Riddle and switch the letters around, you get I am Lord Voldemort."

"That explains how he picked a weird name," Piper said.

"Yes. Okay, so he came to power," Phoebe continued. "And he killed this family, the Potter's, for some reason that I'm not to sure of yet, but when he went to kill their baby, the spell backfired and hit the dark wizard instead."

"Poor baby," Paige said sadly.

Phoebe nodded. "Yeah," she agreed.

"That's the part I don't really get," Chris Halliwell, Piper and Leo's second child, and youngest son said from where he stood leaning against the main hallway doorway. Chris was the only one of the Charmed One's children present at the meeting. His older brother, Wyatt, was at work, and his sister, Melinda, along with four of their cousins, was at a summer camp. Phoebe's youngest daughter, Portia, and Paige's youngest child (and only son), Henry Jr. were considered 'too young' by their parents to be at the meeting. So, they were playing in the backyard. "How come Vol- whatever dude didn't just die?"

"Ah, excellent question," Dumbledore said. He popped a strawberry candy into his mouth before he answered Chris's question. "Can you recall what I said Lily, the baby's mother, did before she died?" Chris frowned as he thought back.

"She wouldn't let the dark dude, whatever his weird name is, kill her son," Chris said, looking at Dumbledore as he answered the question. Dumbledore nodded.

"Correct," Dumbledore said. "By not giving Harry up, her selfless act invoked an ancient magic that gave Harry a defense against Voldemort. Therefore, when Voldemort went to kill Harry, the spell backfired and rendered himself non-corporeal."

"Wow," Paige said. "That must be some powerful magic."

"It is," Leo agreed.

Piper looked around at her husband. "You know, Leo, I still can't believe you never told us about any of this."

"Well," Leo shrugged uncomfortably, "it never came up."

"And how was it, again, that you met Dumbledore?" Phoebe asked curiously.

"I met him a couple years after I first became a Whitelighter," Leo replied. "That was one of my first major assignments. Before that, I was just learning the basics on how to be a Whitelighter.

"What I don't get is what this has to do with us?" Coop, Phoebe's husband asked. "I mean, we're from an entirely different magical community."

"Last May," Dumbledore began," an agent of Voldemort's succeeded to lure Harry away form the school in the middle of the third task of the Triwizard Tournament."

"In the middle of the what?" Paige asked. Dumbledore smiled at her.

"The Triwizard Tournament," Dumbledore said. "The Tournament began in the late thirteenth century, but until last May, it had not been played for quite some time. It was created to provide friendly competition between three of the largest magicals in Europe- Hogwarts, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and Durmstrang Institute for Magical Study." Dumbledore informed his audience. "Three students from each school have to compete against the others contestants."

"Hence the word tri," Leo said.

"I'm guessing since this is a magical competition the tasks are extra hard?" Piper asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "Indeed. The tasks are quite difficult."

"But aren't there age limits or something like that?" Phoebe asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, indeed there are. The age limit is seventeen."

"How old is Harry?" Chris asked.

"He is fourteen-years-old now, but will turn fifteen at the end of July."

"So, then how'd he get into the tournament?" Coop asked.

"The students put their names into a goblet known as the Goblet of Fire," Dumbledore answered. "There are spells on it to detect if students younger than 17 put their names in."

"Wait," Piper said. "Then how'd Harry put his name in if he's 14?" She asked. "Don't tell me he found a spell or something that confused the spell on the goblet or something like that."

"The simple answer is Harry didn't do it," Dumbledore replied.

"Then someone else must have done it, right?" Chris asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "Exactly."

"Who?" Coop wondered.

"What a minute," Chris interrupted. While they had been talking, Chris remembered something Dumbledore had said when he first began talking about the Triwizard Tournament. "You said the bad guys lured Harry away form the school? How is that possible? I mean, there had to be crowds there, right?"

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, there were crowds there," he confirmed, "I thought I had taken care of all the security needed for the event, but even I was fooled." He admitted.

"How?" Leo asked. Leo knew that Dumbledore wasn't one to be easily fooled, but there's always a first time for everything.

"It turned out that one of Voldemort's loyal Death Eater, Barty Crouch Jr. had kidnapped Alastor Moody, before the school year began. Alastor was going to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts this year. Then, with the help of the polyjuice potion, Barty impersonated Alastor and took Alastor's place as the Defense teacher." Dumbledore said.

"Wow," Paige said. "And you couldn't tell that he wasn't Moody?" Dumbledore shook his head.

"Sadly, no," Dumbledore admitted. "Barty Crouch Jr. was an excellent actor."

"Was he the one who put Harry's name in the goblet?" Chris asked.

"Yes," Dumbledore said, "he was the one."

"How did he get Harry away from the school?" Leo asked.

"The third task was a maze," Dumbledore replied. "The students had find their way trough the maze and get to the trophy. Once the contestant touched the trophy, then they won the tournament. However, unbeknown to me, the trophy was turned into a portkey by Crouch." When Dumbledore mentioned the portkey, the Halliwell family exchanged glances at the strange word.

"I'm sorry," Piper said, "the what-key?"

This time Leo knew the answer. "Portkey," he said. "Think of them as a sort of teleportation device. You put a spell on basically anything non-living and it will take you to your destination."

"Cool," Chris said. Paige nodded, agreeing with her nephew.

"Yeah," she said.

So, where did this portkey take Harry?" Phoebe wondered.

"To the graveyard where Voldemort's parents are buried," Dumbledore replied. He then explained what happened to Harry, Voldemort, Wormtail, and the Death Eaters. He told the Halliwell's about Voldemort's and Harry's wands connection and the whole works.

"So, Voldemort's back now?" Phoebe asked Dumbledore; he nodded.

"That is why I'm here today," Dumbledore said. "During his first reign, I started up an organization called the Order of the Phoenix." Dumbledore explained. "Its purpose was to fight Voldemort. It was disbanded when he was gone. About an hour after he returned, I reformed the Order. I am here today to ask you to join the Order."

"You want us to join the Order of the Phoenix?" Piper repeated just to be sure she heard right.

"Yes," Dumbledore said.

"What would we be doing, exactly?" Phoebe wondered. "We wouldn't have to go to England a lot, would we?" She asked. "'Cause, I mean, we do have jobs to do here, too, ya know."

"Oh, no, nothing of the sort," Dumbledore assured her. "I would just ask that, in your spare time, if you could inform other magical peoples about Voldemort's return, and if they wanted to, to join the Order; and once in a while, you come to a meeting."

Phoebe turned towards her sisters. "I think we can do that, right?" She asked them. Piper and Paige nodded. Phoebe turned back to face Dumbledore. "All right."

"Excellent."

"What about the school?" Chris asked. All heads turned towards him. "What I mean is, some of the Death Eater's must have kids, right? And some of them must attend Hogwarts, right?"

"That is correct." Dumbledore nodded.

"So, what if you had a... third eye amongst the students?" Chris volunteered. "That way, you could know if a student is on Voldemort's side or not."

"Wait a minute, mister," Piper interrupted. "You better not be suggesting what I think you are suggesting," she said.

"Come on, Mom," Chris said. "Think of it as a cultural experience."

"A cultural experience," Leo said, suspiciously.

Chris nodded. "That's right. I've never been to Britain before." He said. "Besides, I can protect Harry, if need be, while still concentrating on school." He proposed. And then added, "I can always orb out if things become to difficult."

"What do you think?" Coop asked Dumbledore.

"Actually," Dumbledore said, "I think it would be a good idea." Piper frowned.

"But..." She protested weakly.

"Don't worry, sweetie," Paige said. "After all, I'll be there, too." Piper and Phoebe looked at her. "What?" they said together.

"Whoops," Paige said. "Sorry. Got a head of myself. I've been thinking," She said to Dumbledore, "since Chris will be there keeping an eye on the bad guys kids, I was wondering if I could come along and maybe teach a class or something to also keep an eye on the kids." She asked the headmaster.

"What would you teach?" Leo asked.

"Well," Paige said, "If it's all right with you," she nodded at Dumbledore, "I would like to teach the class I co-teach at Magic School- History of Magical Creatures. That is, if you don't already have that class."

"I think that is a wonderful idea," Dumbledore said. "The only class we have that is similar to History of Magical Creatures is Care of Magical Creatures. But in Care of Magical Creatures, you're taught how to care for magical creatures; you're not taught the history of them." Paige smiled.

"Great." She said.

"What about Henry and your kids?" Coop asked.

"I can still orb home after work and be home during the weekends," Paige replied. "It'll be like any other job, except this one is located in or nearby Great Britain."

"What about Diana?" Piper asked. "Do you think she can handle the classes alone?" Diana Solowski was a witch (as well as being one of Paige's charges) who co-taught History of Magical Creatures with Paige at Magic School. When Diana had begun to teach, she had asked her friend (and Whitelighter, Paige) to help her teach the class with her. That was about ten years ago, and Paige had been co-teaching with Diana ever since.

"I think Diana can handle the kids," Paige said, sounding sure of her friend's capability.

"Excellent," Dumbledore said. He turned to face Chris. "Mr. Halliwell..." Dumbledore started.

"Chris," Chris interrupted.

"Chris," Dumbledore said. "Normally, the Hogwarts letters come sometime in July or somewhere thereabouts. However, since you don't know how to use a wand and don't own one, you'll have to get a wand, preferably in the next couple of days, to practice."

Chris nodded. "I know."

"If it's all right with you," Dumbledore said to Piper and Leo, "I'll have an Order member come over here to tutor him." Piper and Leo looked at each other in silent communication.

"All right," Piper agreed when she looked away from her husband. "But where would we get a wand?" She asked.

"In Diagon Alley," Dumbledore replied. "Ollivander's will have the wand that you need. I believe you know the entrance?" He asked Leo.

Leo nodded. "Yes," he said, "I still remember the way."

"Excellent," Dumbledore said with a smile. "Mrs. Mitchell," Dumbledore said to Paige.

"Paige." She said.

Dumbledore smiled. "Paige. All the teachers come to Hogwarts one month prior to the start of the school to get settled in and such. Even if you're not staying at Hogwarts overnight, I ask that you at least come there every weekday."

Paige nodded. "Of course. Do you mind if I bring my family along, at least for two weeks, as sort of a family vacation?" She asked him.

"Not at all," Dumbledore said.

"Thanks," Paige said, and then asked, "who will know about me being, you know, Charmed?"

"Only the Order will know that you are a Charmed One, unless you wish to be known just as a powerful American witch," Dumbledore replied. Paige and her sisters exchanged looks.

"I think it would be better if they just filled in the blanks themselves," Piper said. Phoebe nodded.

"We don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves," She said. "Is Voldemort aware about the Charmed Ones?" she wondered.

"I'm not sure," Dumbledore admitted. "It is possible that he is aware of the legend, especially since it says that three sister witches will become the most powerful good witches in the world. But whether he believes the legend is another question." He looked at his watch. "Well, I'm sorry, but I must be headed back, now."

Piper looked at her watch and was surprised to find it was almost eight o'clock. Dumbledore had been there for seven hours. "Oh, of course," Piper said as everyone stood up, except Chris, who just straightened up. "I hadn't realized how late it is."

"I'll be seeing all of you, soon," Dumbledore said after he shook everybody's hands. He then disappeared with a barely noticeable crack. The people left in the room looked at each other in surprise.

"I think I like orbing better," Chris said.
__________________________________________________

Please R & R! By the way, does anybody know what Billie was going to college for?
Sign up to rate and review this story