Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Fanatic

by ukeueue 0 reviews

*cough*hint*cough*

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Ares, Xena - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 368 words - Complete

0Unrated
24. Fanatic or Handle with Patience
29 May 2006
X/A - Spoilers for ETTG, by LadyKate. Although if you haven't already read that, shame on you. tsk (tried to keep them minimal.)

Xena closed the heavy wooden door behind her and dropped her armour onto a pile of dirty sheets.

"I just beat the stuffing out of another one of your flunkies," she said, pulling out the laces of her leathers, "so I'll be in the bath."

There was some sort of snuffle and a meek "Okay."

She tossed the rest of her clothes onto the pile and sat on the bed to pull off her boots. "What's the matter?"

Ares turned on his side to look at her, sheaf of papers in hand and unshed tears in eyes.

She sighed and took the papers from him. "What are you reading now, Ares? I told you that the person who wrote the story about you and Hercules making out in the bathroom wasn't actually serious about it." She flipped to the title page. "Equal to the Gods," she read.

"It's horrible," Ares sat up, a concerned pout on his face. "I found out that you and Gabrielle were sleeping together, and you didn't tell me about it the whole time, so I was really hurt, and I went and got piss-ass drunk, but you really did love me, so you-"

"You don't have to tell me the whole story."

She was laughing now, he realized indignantly.

"And before you ask, no, I'm not having sex with Gabrielle."

While he spluttered, she put the manuscript down and marked his place.

"'Sides, you're, what, a tenth of the way through this? We probably end up having a threesome and live happily ever after."

"Well," he said thoughtfully, "I did get to the first time we make love. It's intense. You're wearing that little purple scrap, and when I accuse you of taking away any choice-"

"Ares," Xena interrupted. She stood and stretched slowly, knowing that his eyes would be following the shifting muscles under her naked skin as she walked. "We're not going to role-play."

He pushed himself up off the bed and followed her into the bathing area. "Not even a little?"
Sign up to rate and review this story