Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long

The Rapid Growth of Display Advertising

by Saunders14Compton 0 reviews

After the downturn that had company and advertisers reeling, much of the online advertising focus was centered on webcasts and email programs. Th

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2017-03-03 - 400 words

0Unrated

After the downturn that had company and advertisers reeling, much of the online advertising focus was centered on webcasts and email programs. The hope was that these tools would have the ability to drive up sales, but lately a distinct on-line medium seems to be heating up and garnering more attention: display advertising. Display advertising, or banner advertising, is the use of a picture or logo, paired with a succinct bit of text to advertise a brand or product. The tiny image advertising which you find on Google or Facebook are good examples of display advertisements that are widespread and effective.

The world of display advertising is exploding to the stage that it is projected to outpace search marketing, in terms of amount spent, by 2015. The reasons for this unprecedented growth is that marketers are coming to the conclusion they must create brand recognition and give the consumers content before on in the sales process, as opposed to viewing online advertising as something to be tacked on to a campaign as an afterthought. In addition they would like to increase the number of times that they'll come in contact with these consumers. Given the popularity of Facebook in particular, display ads have become the way to ensure a greater frequency of link between advertisers and potential consumers.

One other important plus of online display advertising is that they can be specifically targeted and readily tracked. This means that marketers have the skill to aim their display advertisements at special audiences, and monitor their success in generating sales. Moreover, the advertising can be retargeted which permits a particular company's ads to be redirected to consumers that have visited that firm's web site, essentially optimizing ROI.

Interestingly, evolution in targeting strategies is causing there to be a junction of display advertising, search advertising, and social media, which have traditionally stayed mutually exclusive. Therefore, it is very important to utilize a display advertisement platform with extensive and premium accessibility like Adblade to reach an ad's full potential. When using premium ad networks, advertisers have their advertisements targeted to specific sites to reach whatever niche audience they are aiming for. The result is an ad that's trafficked in a place where it really garners views that can turn into revenue. Even the finest display advertisement WOn't ever reach is complete potential if it's shown on a website that does not reach the targeted audience.
Sign up to rate and review this story