Categories > Cartoons > All Dogs Go To Heaven

Monetizing Right With Native Advertising

by Saunders14Compton 0 reviews

Even Apple is hopping on the native train with sponsored content in its News app feed and the naysayers admit it's too late to turn back.Bel

Category: All Dogs Go To Heaven - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-03-03 - 783 words

0Unrated
Even Apple is hopping on the native train with sponsored content in its News app feed and the naysayers admit it's too late to turn back.

Believe it or not, you do not have to sell your creative spirit to the corporate demons to make native advertisements work for you.

What's native?

There's a surprisingly big spectrum of definitions for the term, but we'll skip that debate. The most basic definition is: paid content that matches a publication's editorial standards while meeting the audience's expectations.

Long before native marketing there was "product placement. Here's an example: Run DMC were rapping about their Adidas.

Technological invention expanded the abilities of product placement to computers and mobile devices but the chief principles remain the same.

Is native marketing worth the risk and investment?

The response to that question depends mainly on your percentage of website visitors using ad blockers, and the functionality of screen ads and other monetization sources (like affiliates).

The way to print native ads efficiently

We have amassed tips and ideas to help you appraise your native promotion options and execute it without glitches.

1. Balancing the Combination

The most common guidance (and the most clear one) you'll get about native advertisements is to locate the right equilibrium of native advertisements to "real content." Too much native advertisements is bound to upset your users and distance your advertisers.

2. Keep the feed clean

One of the native promotion advertisement units that has been popular for quite a couple of years is the in-feed advertisement. These basically use in-stream real estate to show advertisements which look like the "regular" content one would expect to find there.

Our recommendation? Avoid in-feed ads. And if you can not help it, quantify and examine attentively.

3. Mobile Mobile Cellular Telephone

Native ads are beginning to find their niche with marketing execs. And campaign supervisors as a format that supports and fosters screen advertisement sales, which makes them into an excellent one two punch. Specially on cellular devices. We'll get more comprehensive in the next section.

Unlike the desktop where we multitask and have multiple tabs and programs open, the miniature mobile screen can only include so much content. So native cellular advertisements capture all the attention when exhibited and drive consumers farther down advertising funnels.

4. Keep it fun, close, and private

When it comes to advertorials and product placement, you need as much control as possible over the content. Sure, you can let the brand content folks write the text or create the video. But how much will that content fit with your publication "voice" and perception? How much is this control worth to you?

5. Analytics & Segmentation

For marketers, among the primary challenges of native promotion is measuring results. They enjoy amounts just as much as we publishers do, perhaps more.

6. Don't be a cheater: Sticking to FTC guidelines

We've already established that native advertisements bring more clicks than display advertising. But the problem begins when folks do not understand they're clicking an advertisement, or can not tell an advertisement from editorial content at all. This is not just frustrating to users, but also deceptive and somewhat prohibited.

The TL;DR variation is essentially don't be an a**hole. Mark sponsored content as such, provide complete disclosure and respect your crowd.

7. Content Recommendation Networks

One of many principal challenges in getting started with native advertisements is pricing it right. With sponsored content, it is challenging to set CPC or CPM in price quotes and most advertisers expect a set rate.

In several cases, it's wise to package native ads with display ads, exclusive promotions and other tools, based on the marketer's needs. Remember not to under price your native advertisement-space. With display ads the content copy and creation are in the hands of the advertisers.

8. Native with a soul

Do not sell your soul to native. Develop partnerships with brands and services that reflect your publications viewpoints and your audience's interests. If you have a website about make-up, having an advertorial by a funeral home isn't worth any kind of cash they'd be willing to offer.

Going Native

There is still a lot missing in the native marketing puzzle to make it a perfect graphic. Although users usually prefer it to display advertising, it is still a hard sell with brand marketing execs. They wish to see measurable results, and in many cases native marketing doesn't deliver.

As native advertising evolves, it begins to merge with technologies like RTB (real time bidding) and programmatic purchasing of native advertisement space. With better targeting and segmentation, as well as analytics and reporting tools for all - native advertising will become the standard, and a must-have part in the marketer's sales funnel.
Sign up to rate and review this story