Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long

The Rapid Growth of Display Advertising

by Saunders14Compton 0 reviews

After the recession that had business and advertisers reeling, much of the online advertising focus was centered on webcasts and email programs.

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-03-03 - 399 words

0Unrated

After the recession that had business and advertisers reeling, much of the online advertising focus was centered on webcasts and email programs. The hope was that these tools would be able to drive up sales, but recently a distinct online medium appears to be heating up and garnering more interest: display advertising. Display advertising, or banner advertising, is using a picture or logo, paired with a succinct bit of text to advertise a brand or product. The tiny image advertising which you find on Google or Facebook are good examples of display ads that are common and effective.

The world of display advertisements is exploding to the point that it is projected to outpace search marketing, in terms of amount spent, by 2015. The reasons for this unprecedented growth is that marketers are coming to the decision that they must create brand awareness and give the consumers content previously on in the sales process, as opposed to seeing online advertising as something to be tacked on to a campaign as an afterthought. In addition they would like to increase the amount of times that they can come in contact with these consumers. Given the popularity of Facebook in particular, display advertising have become the way to ensure a greater frequency of link between advertisers and potential consumers.

One other important plus of online display advertising is that they can be especially targeted and easily monitored. This means that marketers have the ability to aim their display advertising at specific audiences, and track their success in generating revenue. Additionally, the advertising can be retargeted which permits a specific firm's ads to be redirected to consumers that have seen that business's site, effectively maximizing ROI.

Interestingly, progression in targeting strategies is causing there to be a junction of display advertising, search advertising, and social media, which have traditionally stayed mutually exclusive. Consequently, it's important to utilize a display ad system with extensive and premium accessibility such as Adblade to reach an ad's full potential. When utilizing superior ad networks, advertisers have their ads targeted to specific sites to reach whatever market audience they may be aiming for. The result is an advertisement that is trafficked in a place where it truly garners views that can turn into revenue. Even the best display ad will never reach is total potential when it is exhibited on a website that doesn't reach the targeted audience.
Sign up to rate and review this story