Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood

The Fallout

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

Rip John Hurt: A great man who truly did great things

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: George,Ginny,Hermione,Luna,Ron,Umbridge - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2017-03-08 - 8618 words - Complete

0Unrated
Alberforth emerged from his house with George running behind him. The Gryffindor students that had followed George out of Hogwarts through the room of requirements remained inside as to not be spotted by the Totalitar. George and Alberforth however were quickly seen by a Totalitar who ordered. "Please return to your homes. We are dealing with a code black emergency. We will alert you when it's safe to come out."

George and Alberforth shook their heads and walked passed him. "If there is an emergency we want to help...oh Merlin."

The streets of Hogsmeade were flooded with people all looking up at the Missile heading straight for Hogwarts. One Totalitar shouted to the people. "When that dark object hits the castle of Hogwarts, then the explosion will spread and engulf us all. If anyone wishes to he help prevent this, please raise your wands to the sky and cast the Protego charm. If you would rather go inside, do so now."

The people followed the Totalitar, to the edge of the village and together, they all raised their wands and cried out. "Protego!"

George and Alberforth looked up and watched as a purple shield started to form around the village The united Wizards stood tall with their raised wands, but all of them gasped when it happened.

The missile struck Hogwarts and George used his non wand arm to cover his eyes as he was blinded by a flash of white light. The light faded just enough for him and the other Wizards to see the Ball of fire that was once Hogwarts. It was the most beautiful and terrible thing George had ever seen. It hypnotized him, drew him closer, like a moth to a flame. Alberforth pulled him backwards, and George snapped out of his trance. The fire seemed to be spreading, as it formed into a mushroom shaped cloud.

George felt the hair on his neck stand tall as he spoke to Alberforth. "That's a bomb?!"

The old man nodded slowly, also unable to look away. "The greatest of them all. Terrible but great in its power."

The Flames spread closer as George's thoughts raced to Harry. He prayed to the Mother of Magic that Harry somehow got out of the Castle in time. His thoughts were cut off when Alberforth cried out. "HOLD ON!"

The flames continued to spread at a horrific speed before consuming their magically conjured shield in smoke and fire. The force of the explosion knocked some of the civilians to the ground. Fire seemed to strike the shield and shake the entire village. The Totalitar remained as still as statues while others were able to remain on their feet. Outside of the entire shield burned with fire. Everywhere George was looking, the sky was burning flames. This must be what Hades is like.

Gradually the shaking settled down, as the flames faded into a toxic smoke. One of the Totalitar, lowered his wand and started casting a charm on the other Wizards. "All of you who are not Totalitar can lower your wands. It will be roughly 24 hours before it will be safe to lower the shield and investigate the destruction. However without some anti-radiation spells you will be contaminated by the bombs radiation."

George paled with fear. "You mean, on top of all that, it also makes the environment uninhabitable."

"Yes, though you can inhabit said environment, it is very unwise as it will mutate you among other things."

George looked at Alberforth. "I need to use your flue powder, I need to inform...my family."

Alberforth, glanced at the surrounding Totalitar. "Yes your "family" will need to know of this."

"How long will radiation last." Someone called out.

"With an explosion that sized, maybe a year." A Totalitarian answered causing one of the Wizards to faint.

"Who invented this monstrosity?!" A Witch shrieked with terror.

The leader of the Totalitar practically growled the answer. "Muggles!"

The Ministry of Magic was packed with Witches and Wizards, many of them were crying with relief as they held their children in their arms. No one questioned the coincidence of the field trip to the Ministry, coinciding with the schools obliteration, they were just happy to have their children alive and well. Others however were quite upset that such a thing could happen in the first place.

"What do you mean, the school was blown up by Goblin's?!" A Reporter cried out angrily.

The Minister official spoke quickly from behind the podium. "Yes, the group was lead by Death Eater Lucius Malfoy, who attacked the Castle."

"Lucius is still in Azkaban waiting for a trial." Another Reporter reprimanded. "And I don't see how Death Eaters could make the castle of Hogwarts, nothing but a crater in a two hour period."

"The Death Eaters have new and..Uh...better spells...and...Uh..."

Suddenly the room went silent. Minister Jane Grimhilde entered the room, with her Totalitar following around her. The Minister wordlessly dismissed the Minister official as she stepped up to the podium. With a wave of her wand her voice echoed throughout the room. "Lady's and gentlemen, as most of you already know, Hogwarts has been attacked. The amount of casualties is yet to be known for certain but it was very unlikely there were any survivors. Furthermore the Totalitar, though currently aware of the cause of the School's destruction, will not announce their findings until the results of our tests prove conclusive and we have planned how to deal with the attack."

Grimhilde turned and left the podium as she followed the Totalitar out of the room smiling as the reporters began shouting for answers. The rumors of what really happened were already being spread by the inhabitants of Hogsmeade, and who was she to deny them the chance to spread their story, and the fear that came with it.

Deep below the squabbling Reporters and flustered Ministry officials, a girl was locked in a cell. She had cried for the last few hours but now she had no tears left to shed. She did not cry because she was in a cage, but because she was suffering from an unimaginable loss. Luna had seen Hogwarts, the beloved school that held her childhood, wiped off the face of the earth. It was the place where she first made, friends, found love, shared her first kiss and so much more. But even this paled in comparison to seeing Harry vanish in the wave of fire.

Luna felt like her heart had been ripped out, and that all the dementers in the world could not darken her mood anymore than it already was. Luna felt broken and empty, worst of all she felt completely and utterly alone. Harry was gone and she would never see him again. Luna shook in the fetal position as she murmured. "Just make it go away...please."

"We did that last time child but not this time, not again."

Luna looked up at the three Nargles floating above her. "Go away...leave me alone."

The Nargles exchanged a glance at each other, before looking down at the Moonchild. "You have a destiny you must still fulfill. You cannot quit now."

"I don't care...just go away."

When the Nargles didn't answer, Luna looked up and to her sorrow realized they had listened.

George waited with great apprehension as he watched the shields lower. Smoke and dust was all that could be seen where once Hogwarts stood tall. For most of the day the smoke hovered over the town, giving off the feeling of being buried alive. George didn't blame the citizens of Hogsmeade from leaving the village through magical means, He himself had done the same thing. However he had to be here, he had a job to do.

Many others had returned for the same reason, those who had half-blood family members in the school, had never left. The Totalitar had certainly remained, with only a couple leaving to relay information to the Ministry. As the shields finished lowering a Totalitar stood on a platform and spoke to the people. "Everyone, we all know you want to investigate the damage, and search for loved ones. However I'm afraid we cannot permit this."

The crowd erupted with shouts of anger but the Totalitar sontinuied over the noise. "It is too dangerous, our reports say the grounds are heavily polluted with nuclear fallout."

Another Totalitar stood up. "Besides, if we allow you to search the ruins with us, we won't be able to exicute order 937."

Everyone stared at the Totalitar, even his comrades looked shocked. The Totalitar shrugged "What, I wasn't supposed to mention the order to search the ruins of Hogwarts and kill all survivors? Oh that's right, I wasn't given that order, just intercepted it."

The Totalitar drew wands on their rebellious comrade while the people looked around in confusion.. "Identify yourself."

George removed his mask and yelled. "Mischief Managed!"

Suddenly spells started flying from thin air, blasting the Totalitar to the ground. The Wizard of Hogsmeade started running around in panic, getting hit in the crossfire, luckily they were just stunners.

George smiled as the Totalitar were quickly overwhelmed and taken down. LLR member started popping into view as they resurrected many of the stunned citizens.

Ron gave George a pat on the back as Hermione took her place of the platform. "OK everyone, if you don't know, this is the LLR. Whatever you think of us, right now we just wish to help anyone we can, particularly any survivors of this tragedy. If you wish to come, follow us now. We should have three hours before the Totalitar realize something is wrong and another two hours before the Goblins can ward themselves with anti-radiation wards. Any questions? Then let's go!"

Those who stayed behind never planned on going in the first place. The rest followed Hermione as they marched through the yellow smoke, towards the ruins of Hogwarts. Ron reached Hermione and gave her hand a squeeze. "Don't worry Hermione, he'll be okay."

Hermione looked at Ron, her eyes hardened by the imminence struggle to not to break down in front of the LLR. "How?"

Ron shrugged trying to seem optimistic. "He might have gotten out in time."

Hermione nodded though her heart wasn't into it, as the she waved the smoke from her face, she couldn't help but imagine how devastating the actual impact was. Hermione wasn't sure why they were even looking for survivors, surviving this was simply not possible. Hermione's thoughts were cut off by sounds of gasps. Ron whispered under his breath. "Bloody hell."

Even with the orange smoke polluting the air the destruction was unmistakable. Where once stood a Castle tall and proud, now was just a gigantic crater with only small bits of bricks littering the earth. The Forbidden Forest remained though much of it, along with anything else in the bombs radius, had been completely obliterated.

Hermione felt her legs give out on her, but Ron caught her in time. Hermione nodded to Ron before she regained her faculties and shouted to the people. "I know this is hard and I know things look bleak, but we have to search for survivors. Everyone keep your guard up, and remain in groups."

Hermione and Ron parted from the group, followed closely behind by Ginny and George. They wandered through the rubble and dirt, drifting hopelessly for over an hour before red sparks lit the orange sky. Hermione and the three Weasleys apparated to the sight of the Sparks as many LLR members did the same.

Dean looked up with excitement as he pointed to the yellow flower sticking out of the earth. Ron looked bewildered as he uttered. "How in Merlin's name?"

"Don't you see." Hermione exclaimed. "The only way someone could survive this explosion, is either get out of its radius or deep underground beneath it."

Ron's eyes widened as he exclaimed. "The Chamber of Secrets!"

George grinned. "They must have enchanted a flower to grow out of the Chamber. Hell if this is what I think it is, they will simply climb out.

Hermione looked at the flower fascinated as she cast diagnostic charms on the plant. "It's a hybrid, between a flower and beanstalk?"

Ron exclaimed. "I bet you anything Harry's in there."

Ginny looked uncertainly at Ron. "Are you sure, I don't think Harry has ever had any Beanstalk seeds on his person, let alone some hybrid."

"Well maybe he's not there alone, but who else could have gotten into the Chamber. You need to be Parseltongue in order to get into the Chamber." Ron insisted vehemently.

"Wait didn't you imitate Parseltongue to get into the Chamber last year." George questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Ron turned beat red . "What?...Oh...well...I...um..."

Hermione uttered slowly. "Actually what happened was-"

"You swore you'd never speak of it!" Ron yelled accusingly.

"Never mind." Ginny shouted as she aimed her wand at the dirt. "Are we going to start digging or what?!"

Ron looked at the ruins before muttering. "Exactly how deep does the Chamber of Secrets need to be in order to survive the Bomb."

Hermione grimaced. "Deep...very deep."

Ginny muttered. "Harry once said he was certain the Chamber was beneath the Lake,"

"I saw the Explosion, I'd say it's beneath the lake and then some, add to the fact the lake is gone and this may take a while even with magical assistance." George cackled with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "I'll be right back, I got some...fireworks I was working on, they're kind of faulty, should speed thing up."

"How faulty?" Ginny asked wearily.

George laughed. "Lets just say I invented the Wizards equivalent of Dynamite."

"Clear...BOOM!" George cackled manically as another explosion shook the earth. The LLR watched from a safe distance as the faulty fireworks made a deeper and bigger hole into the ground. Ginny glanced at Hermione. "He keeps this up he is going to blow up the Chamber."

"Unlikely..." Hermione replied with nervous look. " More likely is he cause the Chamber to cave in on itself."

"That's bad." Ron added helpfully. "Ginny, I think George has finally lost it."

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! I LOVE MY JOB!"

It was over an hour later when George shot red sparks lout of the deep hole. Ron, Hermione and Ginny levitated each over down to the bottom where George waited. He was standing on a flat stone surface clearly carved by man.

The flower's stem seemed to be growing from the very rock itself, or at leas twas until Georges fireworks left nothing left of the beanstalk but the dark stain on the Chambers roof.

Ron pulled out his wand and uttered. "Reduct-"

"What are you doing." Hermione scolded as she grasped Ron's wrist. "Do you want to cause a cave in."

Ron muttered bashfully as Hermione aimed her want at the Chamber's roof. "Ron, when I finish carving through the rock, cast the levitation charm so it doesn't crush anyone."

Ron nodded as he readied his wand. Hermione pressed hers deep into the stone, and slowly carved a perfect circle into the rock, sparks flying as she let her wand glide over the stone. Hermione looked up and shouted, "Now!"

Ron performed the spell just as the stone started to give out. Ron raised the slab with his wand and let it drop to the side. George popped his head through the hole and after a few second uttered. "Guy's...there are a lot of wands pointing at my gorgeous face."

Hermione was astonished by the amount of Witches and Wizards they helped out of the chamber. After helping Pomona Sprout through the hole and convincing her they weren't disguised Totalitar, they begun helping out the rest of the Chamber's inhabitants. First came the first years, then the older students, finally the rest of the professors came out last.

All the younger children were excitedly telling their story, finding the whole thing to be one big adventure, the older Witches and Wizards felt quite differently but didn't want to bring down the children's spirits.

"It was so loud, and the ground shook, and Sally wet herself."

"So did you Timothy." The other girl shouted.

"I did not!"

Ron smiled as he spoke to Hermione. "That's nearly everyone! It's unbelievable."

Hermione sighed, "Yes...but no Harry."

Ron's smile vanished. "Oh..."

Hermione looked at Ron. "I spoke to Sprout, Harry let them all in here but left to get the remaining students. George told us when he last saw Harry he was going to rescue a first year named Thomas. He isn't down there ether."

Ron paled as Hermione continued. "It gets worse, McGonagall is missing and from what Sprout ha told me, she never planned on escaping..."

Ron looked down. "You mean..."

Hermione nodded sadly as she looked at the ruins of Hogwarts. "So much destruction, so much pain, suffering and death. This was my home, where I first made friends, where I shared my first kiss, where I shared my second first kiss..."

Ron nodded with a sad smile as Hermione continued. "Where I first kissed you..."

Ron nodded before looking up abruptly. "What?"

Ginny came running up behind them, "Trelawney just had a brilliant idea."

Hermione looked skeptical. "Really?"

Ginny nodded. "If anyone could survive an explosion and tell us the tale, it would be someone already dead."

"Ghosts." Hermione uttered with surprise, "Wow that is brilliant."

"Yeah Yeah, great, what do you mean first kissed me? How many other boys did you kiss."

"Not now Rom!" Hermione glared before muttering. "Just Krum."

"Oh yeah..." Ron nodded before frowning. "Wait, that doesn't add up!"

Hermione quickly started calling for the ghosts, hoping one had remained in the realm of the living. Unforuntely...one had...

"My Bathroom! They destroyed my Bathroom!" A young ghost of a girl shrieked with horror.

"Hi Myrtle." Hermione greeted weekly, hoping not to once again experience the source of Moaning Myrtles namesake.

Moaning Myrtle moaned. "My bathroom was my only home, I hated it and I want it back. Why does everything bad always happen to me!"

"Its comments like that which make it hard to empathize with her." Ron muttered under his breath as he looked around at the devastation. Hermione elbowed Ron in the ribs though she secretly agreed with him. "Myrtle...can you tell us what happened, is Harry OK."

Myrtle just started wailing even louder. "Oh Harry, he can't even share my toilet anymore, because it's gone, like everyone I ever loved-"

"Mental." Ron mumbled before shouting. "HEY MYRTLE!, UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT I SAW YOU DOING WITH THE BLOODY BARON YOU BETTER START TALKING!"

Myrtle stopped sobbing and looked at Ron with a confused, scrunch up face. "What the Bloody Hell are you talking about?"

Ron cursed under his breath. "Damn it was worth a shot."

Hermione was practically pleading now. "Myrtle can you please just tell us if Harry got out in time."

Myrtle seemed to realize by this point everyone was looking at her. Myrtle swelled as she basked in the attention. "Oh...no, it was terrible. He found this first year in the dungeons and was attacked by this scarred up fellow. They started fighting, and it was awesome. They hit each other with a bazillion curses and Harry summoned a sword and the scarred faced man summoned it straight into his own heart and-"

"MYRTLE!" Sprout shouted. "What happened to Harry Potter, and the first year."

Myrtle pointed up at the sky. "The bomb hit the castle...all us ghosts saw it. We could even feel it, it was...warm. It was the nicest thing I ever felt since I died...I could see them running. Harry had the kid in his arms as they ran, but when it hit they just stopped and turned around. He lowered the kid to the ground and seemed to be preparing to shield him with his body..."

Myrtle paused as she noticed the looks everyone was giving her, the pained looks, horrified looks, sad looks. Myrtle suddenly felt the wind leave her sales as she started to slowly drift closer to the ground. "Not that it would do them any good. I saw him throw the cloak over himself and the child, as if to hide from the explosion, they never reappeared, not after the fallout consumed them...I'm sorry."

Silence descended on them all as Ron stuttered. "No...You're wrong! It can't be. It's not right...not fair!"

"What do you know about fair?" Myrtle laughed bitterly. "When I was alive, I often said that life was unfair, but I was wrong. It is death that is unfair. Yet in some ways, nothing is more fair than death's sweet kiss."

With that the ghost let out a ghastly wale as she flew away towards the Forbidden Forrest and out of sight. Hermione broke the silence as she shouted. "Everyone, we can not give up hope, we have to keep looking for survivors!"

Hermione then grabbed Ron by the wrist and dragged him away from the others, who drearily wandered off searching for Merlin knows what. When they were far enough from the group Hermione started breaking down into tears. Ron took her into his arms and collapsed by a large chunk of building 7 feet in height, and under the only shelter Hogwarts had left to give, they grieved for the man that had become a brother to the both.

George looked at Ginny who was strangely calm as they were walking. "What is it?"

"Nothing...just thinking." Ginny whispered as they stepped over the rubble filled creator.

George gave her a nudge on the shoulder. "I know he meant a lot to you, despite how it all ended with him."

"You can say his name you know." Ginny uttered emotionless, as she caught sight of her other brother wandering by himself. When she turned back to George, she saw he had vanished, running off to cry most likely. Ginny shook her head as she muttered. "When will they learn?"

Ginny wandered to Ron, sighing as she said. "Hey."

Ron looked at Ginny with suspiciously red eyes before saying. "Hey?"

Ginny nodded as she looked around. "Where's Hermione."

"Told me to leave her, didn't want me to stop searching on her account. She needed a moment to herself...I guess I did too."

Ginny nodded as they continued to walk in silence, before a tune entered her head and she started humming."

"Is now really the time!" Ron shouted at his sister. "Will you look around you. Hogwarts is gone...and...And so is Harry..."

"I was just thinking of him actually." Ginny said wistfully as she sat on the ground and looked at her wreck of a Brother. "You know he reminds me of a song..."

Hermione wandered aimlessly, as the pain in her heart left her feeling hollow. Her chest might as well be filled with broken glass, it would not be as painful as this. The very idea that Harry was gone...felt wrong. Hermione cursed Myrtle's name under her breath. She didn't care what the ghost said, Harry was the Boy Who Lived he wasn't supposed to die.

Hermione shook her head, it was irrational to think that way. Harry simply could not have survived the explosion, it was not possible. As she thought this a memory entered her mind, it was something Luna said when she had stayed at the LLR headquarters.

"The smartest person is the one who knows the most,

"But the wisest person is the one who humbly admits to knowing nothing."

Hermione's thoughts only darkened as her mind drifted to the blond. Did she know what had happened. Could she possibly handle such devastating loss.

Then something happened that stopped Hermione short, a strong feminine voice filled the air with song. She looked back and saw Ginny, singing an old Muggle song to Ron. Hermione slowly approached as she took in the words Ginny sung.

"In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade

And he carries the reminders Of every glove that laid him down

And cut him till he cried out In his anger and his shame

"I am leaving, I am leaving" But the fighter still remains

Still remains..."

Hermione felt tears poor down her eyes as Ginny stopped singing, before uttering with a smile and shrug. "Fighters are a stubborn people, they never seem to know when they've had enough. Just when you think they are down for the count...they come back for more."

Ron looked at Ginny as Hermione approached the Weasleys. It was the latter that uttered. "How?"

Ginny sighed as she looked at Hermione. "That is the million galleon question, but I saw Harry come back from the dead after taking a killing curse. I'm done counting him out"

Hermione looked around before whispering. "Totalitar will be here soon, we better go."

"I guess you're right..." Ron trailed off as he looked over Ginny's shoulder and murmured. "Bloody Hell, there's another one."

Hermione and Ginny followed Ron's gaze to the Forbidden forest in the distance. George had emerged from the trees and he had a child in his arms. George raised the kid in his arms and smiled triumphantly.

Hermione sighed softly as she watched from the doorway of the Hospital room. The abandoned Hospital that hosted the LLR was full of life. Many Muggleborn children had been reunited with their parents. Thomas wasn't one of them, he was an orphan himself. Instead Thomas sat in the middle of the white room, at first not talking to anyone. It wasn't until Ron started speaking with him that the kid started to open up.

"Has he said anything yet." Ginny whispered looking over Hermione's shoulder.

Hermione shook her head. "Not of anything important, Ron's just getting the kid to open up, been talking about Quiddich and movies, the kid is really enjoying teaching Ron about movies."

"Oh Merlin." Ginny grimaced.

"What?" Hermione asked confused as she turned around.

"You're thinking, he would make such a great father." Ginny mocked with a smile. "It's nauseating,"

Hermione blushed as she mumbled something under her breath. Ginny laughed as she pulled Hermione into the hallway and into a hug. "It will all be OK, Hermione."

Hermione struggled to hold in the tears as she whispered. "How can it possibly be OK?"

Ginny thought for a moment before replying. "I guess I just have faith."

Hermione pulled away from Ginny's embrace. "Faith is believing in the impossible because you want it to be true. I can't do that."

"You can have faith without it being blind." Ginny answered as she looked back into the room. "Besides, we kept looking for this guy, despite the evidence he should have perished. Sometimes faith isn't about what you believe. Sometimes faith is simply not giving up, and having faith that good will triumph."

Hermione heard foots steps from the doorway and Ron emerged with a weary smile on his face. "Kid's asleep, I don't think he's slept since the castle blew up. He was hiding in the Forbidden Forrest for over twenty four hours."

"Did he say anything." Hermione whispered.

"Yes and no." Ron sighed. "He said Harry whispered in his ear before throwing his cloak on them both right as the Explosion reached them. Next thing he remembered is waking up in the rubble untouched."

"What did Harry whisper." Hermione asked breathless with anticipation.

Ron looked a Hermione with a raised eyebrow and uttered. "He said, "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is Death."

Hermione felt a chill run down her spine, she remembered the words all too well. They had been carved into the gravestones of Lilly and James Potter."

"Strange thing to say to a kid isn't it." Ginny said with a thoughtful look.

Hermione nodded as the gears in her brain started turning. When Ron left to check on

The Goblins searched through the ruins of Hogwarts, the few Totalitar, who remained at the site were either dead or would be served for their dinner. Ragnok wandered across the crater and shook his head with sympathy. "Goblins built this Castle during the glory days of our people. It can no longer be in doubt, Muggles have involved themselves with the affairs of Wizards once more."

Ragnok growled as he climbed on top of the largest boulder. It was time to speak to his people. Ragnok grunted, growled and shrieked in the language of the Goblins. "Goblin's war has come upon us! We must fight our enemy, and we must drink their blood. We will crush their bones, and we will tear them limb from limb, we shall..."

Every channel on every television cut to a special television podcast being held by the leaders of the Muggle world. The American president spoke first. "Ladies and gentlemen. We interrupt the current shows and films you are viewing with news that most of you will not believe. However I swear as a God fearing American what I and my fellow leaders say here today is nothing but the absolute truth."

The Russian president spoke next. "The World is at war with a secret society, that many of you have been led to believe is only a fairy-tale. These individuals call themselves Wizards and Witches, however we call them the more appropriate title of Magi. though we do not believe they have magic in the traditional sense, the Magi do have unexplained powers."

Muggles watching T.V. all over the world were either shocked that the United Nations had lost their minds, or simply started laughing.

Then footage appeared on the screen of a group of hooded figures casting spells as they ransacked the British Prime Minister's office. The security footage showed wands waved and explosions lighting the room. One man started howling as he transformed into a hideous creature that the Muggles watching could only describe as a Werewolf. The hooded figures continued casting spells across the screen as another figure stepped into the screen.

He had a skull like face, yet look almost serpent like. The serpent man the Wizards knew as You-Know-Who looked at the camera and everyone watching cried out in horror as he walked towards the screen before raising his wand with a twisted smile and the screen cut to feedback.

The British Prime Minister spoke next. "These individuals have abilities beyond our comprehension. Last year, they threatened our very people. They wished for us to help enslave our race to these villainous beings, under threat of death. Since that day we have been informed that the leader of this attack is no more, however there are over a million wizards on this planet, and with their power they can, and if left alone, will enslave us all."

The Prime Minister continued. "However all is not lost. We have weapons these people, these freaks cannot comprehend. The British Government has eliminated two of their Fortresses, one which hosted mutants and another which trained soldiers. American forces have done similar strikes."

The American President continued. "The Magi shall be brought under control, they will not be allowed to wreak havoc on our world. Even if we have to destroy them."

"Witches and Wizards, our beloved Minister wishes to address the people."

Minister Grimhilde strutted up to the platform surrounded by her guards spoke. "Our worst fears have indeed been realized. Before inciting such fears, we had to make sure the information was indeed accurate. I'm afraid it was, and worse news was discovered as well."

Grimhilde looked over the reporters and fellow Wizards waiting breathlessly for answers. Grimhilde waited a moment too long and uttered gravely. "The Castle of Hogwarts was destroyed by Muggle Weapons of mass destruction, what's more, this was done with malice intent."

Grimhilde ignored the gasps as she gestured with her hands. In her head she imagined she was conducting the gasps like a conductor of an orchestra. Grimhilde shouted dramatically. "Our spies in the Muggle world have revealed that the Statues of Secrecy has irrevocably fallen."

"All too easy." Grimhilde muttered under her breath as the Room erupted in chaos. Shouts of anger and terror filled the room. Grimhilde raised her wand to her brow and cast a Sonorous charm before stating firmly. "Silence, I will have order!"

Suddenly a hooded Deathly figure appeared in the middle of the room and the room went silent. Grimhilde smiled at the disguised Kingsley before continuing. "The news is graver, the ruins of Hogwarts was searched, but there were no survivors. Among the dead are the 40 students who remained in the castle during what was a very fortunate field trip, otherwise the numbers would have been in the hundreds. The Professors and Head Mistress have most certainly perished as well."

The Minister of Magic looked down and seemed to wipe a tear from her eye as she uttered hoarsely. "Most grievous and tragic, it was discovered that Harry James Potter, the Boy Who Lived, the Chosen one and the savior of the Wizarding world...perished in the explosion."

Grimhilde had to hide her smile with her hands as the crowd cried out with despair. She could see many a Wizard and Witch have tears in their eyes as she continued. "No words can describe the grief we all must bear today, but bear it we shall. It was what Harry would have done."

"It is hard to believe the devastation Muggles can cause. Muggles tormented and abused Harry as a child, and now they have finished the job. It is a tragic loss but I swear to you all on my magic, Harry Potter will not have died in vain." Grimhilde cried out passionately uplifting the crowd from their despair.

Grimhilde's somber mood seemed to darken as she looked up with a faint smile that promised trouble. "Once again it all seems to come back to the Muggles. Muggles have ruled over us for years, not because they chose to but because we let them. For Merlin's sake, when I first started working at the Ministry I had to use the visitors entrance. It's pathetic, we use a small phone box that acts as an elevator to sneak inside the Ministry of Magic. Let me repeat that, Wizards have to sneak into the Ministry of Magic!

Grimhilde had their attention and now she reeled them in as she played on their pride and anger. "We are Witches and Wizards, we have power, and we have purity. The Blood of our ancestors goes back to a time when Muggles were no more than animals. It was us that created fire, the spark that lit the world. They repaid us by setting our people to the torch. We gave them the World and as soon as they discover they are not alone, they start a campaign to eliminate us off the face of the earth."

"Let us repay them for a change!" The Minister shouted. "No more shall we be ruled by the weak! No more shall we hide from the Muggles! What they have in numbers, we have in power! They may have great weapons, but we have Magic! Let us show them the Might of Magic! Let us purge them from the face of the earth!

The Wizards shouted in anger as many unleashed the hatred they felt for those who destroyed Hogwarts, killed students, professors, and the beloved boy who lived. The disguised Kingsley looked around at the people as their shouts became more vicious and violent. He then looked up at Grimhilde who basked in the attention, like she had been waiting for this moment since the day she was born.

"I dream of a world populated not by a few Million, but Billions of Witches and Wizards, living in peace and harmony. As long as the hateful Muggles remain, that can never come to be. We are the superior people, we can do things no other species can. I say it's high time we take back what is rightfully ours...the World!" Grimhilde yelled out as the Wizards erupted in applause.

Grimhilde reveled in their cheers and shouts as she cried out triumphantly. "So in the name of Harry Potter, let us take the world back from our Muggle oppressors and together we shall witness the dawn of a New World Order. A New World, a Better World and a Magical World!"

The Wizards started chanting Grimhilde's name as the disguised Delores solemnly spoke. "Fight with me against all of our enemies, and with the might of magic, we shall all have peace!"

Grimhilde turned around and started whistling a tune the cheering Wizards would never know. When she turned back, she saw the hooded figure only standing there watching. The Minister glared and kept walking, feeling the presence of her faithful guard move to her side. "Scary isn't it, how stupid people are, how easy they are to manipulate with a few simple words. Imagine the power of a great orator in the wrong hands would do."

"Yes Minister." Kingsley drawled before adding. "You must know, word will get out of your true identity. It is in the LLR's best interest to do so."

Delores stopped, closed her eyes. "You hear those cheers...they love me, they really love me."

The Minister opened her eyes and saw Kingsley staring sat her. Umbridge chuckled. "It doesn't matter if they call you Grimhilde or Umbridge. I could tell them to kill each over or jump off a cliff and they would obey."

Kingsley froze at this, making Delores laughed. "I'm not really going to do that Shacklebolt, but you get the message. In order to maintain order you must have the peoples love or fear. I have both. Once the Muggles and Goblins are eradicated, I might as well be Merlin himself."

"We shall eat their flesh, we shall lick it clean off the bones. As we slaughter more humans, our enemies will feed our armies and our people. Tonight we shall drink blood! Ragnok concluded his hour long ode to violence as the Goblins roared their approval. Goblins were many things, but no-one would call them poets. They wanted one thing in their speeches and one thing only, violence.

Ragnok looked surround the ruined castle one more time and felt a stab of pity for his human friends. Before he quickly squashed it. After all Goblins did not befriend humans, They were Goblin friend and that was not the same as actual compassion. Instead Ragnok focused on his people, starved of the light for so long. He was going to lead them to a better world, even if he had to slaughter every one of their oppressors.

Ragnok, raised his sword and shouted. "With the fall of Hogwarts, Hogsmeade can be taken permanently. Let us claim Hogsmeade tonight, tomorrow we claim the Ministry of Magic...then the world!"

The Goblins raised their weapons and roared as they all charged towards the village of Hogsmeade. The ruins of Hogwarts was suddenly eerily quiet as the last Goblin ran out of earshot. At first nothing happened, but then a ghostly figure rose from the ground.

The Bloody Baron looked around with his dead eyes before seeing another Ghost rise from the ruins. The Grey Lady floated over to the blood stained Ghost and floated silently beside him. Soon the Nearly Headless Nick and the Fat Friar joined them, along with the unwelcome appearance of Peeves, who despite being the schools poltergeist, did not perish with the Castle.

Soon other Ghosts began to rise, until every ghost that inhabited Hogwarts was floating in unison, staring off into the Forbidden Forest...waiting...

"We are not a terrorist group, we are not an anarchist group. We are fighting an oppressive Totalitarian government that doesn't even bother hiding what it is. I mean for Merlin's sake they call themselves the Totalitar." Hermione shouted passionately. "They don't just want to rule over Muggleborns, they want to destroy us."

Hermione felt the emotions rain down on her as she spoke to the small band of rebels in the abandoned Muggle Hospital that made up for their base. "Yesterday I lost my home, I lost my mentor and I lost my...I lost my Brother. I'm done losing things. I will not lose my right to live, my right to exist. This is not just my fight, this is our fight. Who is with me?!"

The LLR cheered and started chanting her name as she left the stage and the cafeteria. She felt Ron take her hand and she squeezed it back. Ron whispered in her ear. "What are we going to do? What's the plan?"

Hermione glanced at Ron before shaking her head. "I don't know."

Hermione heard LLR members calling her name but she just kept walking, feeling grateful for Ron, who stayed behind to speak with them. Hermione made it to her room and shut the door before collapsing face down onto her bed in tears.

It was just too much, the loss of Hogwarts, the loss of Harry, the realization that The Wizarding World was now at war with the Muggle world, her parents world. Worst of all, Hermione felt like a failure. She was a leader to the LLR and they wanted answers and solutions. Yet for what Ron would say was the first time in her life, she didn't have an answer.

Hermione heard the door open and close, before she felt Ron's hand slowly rubbing her back as she cried. Hermione buried her face further into the pillow as she cried. "What do I do Rom, I just don't know what to do. Everyone's looking up to me for answers...but I don't have any."

Silence filled the room as Hermione cried into her pillow. She heard Ron reply, hoarse with emotion. "No one has all the answers, not even you. Sometimes, you can't plan things, you just have to follow your gut, do what you think is right."

Hermione murmured into her pillow. "But...we can't win Ron...it's a choice between living as slaves or dying in battle. I can't decide that for them. I can't send them out to die. We've already lost so much."

Hermione felt the hand rub her shoulders as Ron uttered quietly. "Are you afraid of death?"

"What do you think!" Hermione snapped bitterly as she brushed off Ron's arms and stormed into the washroom and slammed the door. She turned on the sink and wet her hands before washing her face along with the tears from her eyes. "Of course I'm bloody scared of dying!"

"From my experience, once you've excepted death, it has no power over you." A voice uttered from the other side of the door, freezing Hermione as she stared at the door. Hermione left the tap running as she called out "Ron?"

Hermione hastily opened the door but the room was empty, the voice that had spoken was definitely not Ron's...if anything it sounded like...

Hermione shook her head sadly. "I must be going crazy..."

"You're just as sane as I am." The man uttered from behind her causing Hermione's breath to catch. She tried to turn around but felt the hands stop her. "Listen, The Goblins will attack the Ministry itself tomorrow night. You will be needed there, cause a distraction, cause chaos. I'm going to rescue Luna.

Hermione swallowed and trembled with overwhelming emotions, gasping out..."How."

Hermione spun around and nothing was behind her, but at the end of the room, a hooded figure stood by a corner. Hermione slowly approached the figure and grabbed the cloak with both hands, before lowering it for her to see...nothing.

Hermione backed away bewildered as the cloak fell to the floor. Hermione looked around her before turning back to the cloak. Hermione slowly picked the cloak up as she felt the soft material in her hands. Hermione felt tears running down her cheek as she recognized the cloak...but it was impossible.

"That's how." The man behind her uttered reverentially. "I wasn't even sure it would work, but I remembered what it said in the story of the three brothers "But though Death searched for the third brother for many years, he was never able to find him." I just threw the cloak over Thomas and I, and death...could not find us."

Hermione didn't take any chances, she whipped around and blindly barreled into the embrace of the man she loved as a brother and sobbed into his chest. Hermione heard him whisper. "I got to go now, but remember the plan. Tomorrow night...and don't tell anyone else I'm alive."

Before Hermione could respond, the door opened and she heard gasps. Suddenly there was a pop! and Hermione was standing alone in the room. She looked up and saw the stunned looks of Ron, George and Ginny Weasley. The latter smiled and winked at Hermione, while Ron looked ready to faint. "Was...was that..."

"Yes." Hermione nodded tearfully as a laugh escaped her lips. "I guess he really is the Boy Who Lived."

"Bloody hell." Ron gasped before collapsing to the ground, causing Ginny and George to howl with laughter.

Hermione turned, levitated Ron onto the bed before looking to Ginny and George, her eyes burning once again.. "This stays between the three of us, now go. Inform the LLR. Tomorrow night, we attack the Ministry of Magic."

The Ruins of Hogwarts was now littered with ghosts. The Ghosts which inhabited the Forbidden Forrest arrived first, then slowly but surely ghosts from across all of Europe floated to the sight of Hogwarts and joined the ghosts. It was in the dead of night, when a dark figure appeared out of thin air.

The Master of Death stood before the ghoulish gathering, his weary eyes taking in the lost souls of Europe. Harry spoke softly but the dead listened nonetheless. "All of you here have met, and greeted death, yet you all made a choice to remain among the living. Some of you made this choice fairly recently, others have regretted it for over a millennium. I am no Master of Death, death is not something you master, but I have gained powers..."

Harry trailed off as he pulled out the Stone of Resurrection. "I need your help, but I will only ask for it. If you don't want to help me, you may go as you please. However, before you answer, I...I want to give you a chance to move on...if this is what you wish."

For over an hour the ghosts silently debated, during this time Harry looked around him. He used to think the world was out to get him. Yet here he was, alive. Harry didn't know why he was so lucky, he didn't know why things always happened to him, but he was tired of asking. It didn't matter why, he was who he was, and he was done pretending otherwise. He was Harry James Potter, and dammit, he was-

"Excuse me?" One of the ghosts interrupted his thoughts hesitantly. "We've made our decision."

Harry was admittedly stunned. Hardly any ghosts wanted to pass on, even Moaning Myrtle wished to stay behind. The Ghosts that did wish to move on were the more recently diseased, having not yet come to terms with the loneliness of being a ghost. Harry nodded and with a wave of the Stone, made the ghosts fade away.

Harry focused on the rest of the Ghostly mob. "If you wish to leave you may do so, but I ask for your help."

"Then you shall have it." Sir Nearly Headless Nick declared passionately.

The ghosts all nodded before disappearing into the earth. Harry nodded as he glanced at the one remaining ghost. "Why did more not leave, why did so many choose to remain as ghosts."

Nearly Headless Nick shook his head which swayed off his body before asking. "I reply to your question with a question. Why do you still live."

Harry thought that was a strangely worded question. Most people would ask how he was still alive, not why. Of course when his thoughts drifted to Luna, he knew the answer. "One day, I will dye. I will let go and I shall greet Death as an old friend, and as equals, depart this life. But I'm not ready to dy, not by along shot."

He reached behind his cloak and drew the Sword of Gryffindor. Fire filled his eyes as he spoke. "I have something to live for, and someone to fight for. It's time to fight!"

"Yes, yes jolly good...but while I have your attention... could you possibly go out of your way to...cut off my head?" The ghost asked bashfully.

Harry sighed slowly before muttering. "Oh alright, just...don't move."

Luna was awoken from her restless slumber by the sound of annoyingly loud whispers. Luna recognized them as the Nargles. Luna buried her head into her arms, she didn't feel like crying, she didn't have any tears left, she was just wanting to go back to sleep.

"Wake up child, it is time." Anarhie softly crooned.

Luna moaned with irritation as she shifted away from the Nargles. "Just let me sleep."

Anarhie groaned before he looked at Anarchiam and Aναρχία, who suddenly shrieked.

"WAKE UP LOONY!"

Luna jumped to her feet flailing her arms, accidentally backhanding Aναρχία in a panic and sending the Nargle into the wall. Luna put both hands over her mouth as she gasped and ran over to the dizzy Nargle while the other cackled with mirth.

Anarchiam hollered. "Aναρχία, you just got your butt kicked by a girl."

"SHUT UP!" Aναρχία shouted before shooting out of Luna's hands and slapping Anarchiam across the face. The two Nargles quickly descend into a slap fight while Luna noticed an object in the room.

Anarhie met her eyes as he spoke. "No time like the present to visit the past"

Luna looked at the pensieve and whispered. "What is it doing here."

"We stole it, you refused to look inside before leaving your home and the Potter boy, so we took it with us." Anarhie replied as he gestured to the pensive. "You must finish your quest, and you must face your fears."

Luna shook her head with anger "No! I want nothing to do with her. I...I don't want to see her. It's her fault all this happened it's her fault Harry's...oh Merlin Harry..."

"I understand your anger but it's misplaced it on the Moon Mother. You made your own choices Moon Child. You made them because you had faith in your Mother. Who can you have faith in if not the people you love."

"Everyone I have ever loved has betrayed me, except Harry, I betrayed him." Luna uttered bitterly.

"You have betrayed no one but if you give up now, if you abandon your mission, then you will betray their memory, they will all have died for nothing." Anarhie intoned with a gravelly voice.

Luna looked at pensive and whispered in a small voice. "I'm scared..."

Anarhie sighed as the Nargle floated right up to Luna's face. "If you can't face the past how can you expect to face the present let alone the future."

Luna looked at the pensieve and nodded to herself before submerging her head into the silver substance...

Rip John Hurt: A great man who truly did great things
Sign up to rate and review this story