Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Empress Lovers

The End of Hitomi-sensei

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The night Hitomi died, she received an unexpected visitor.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-04-06 - 874 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Three: The End of Hitomi-sensei:

-March 24th, 2011-

Hitomi knew it was over when she met with the hunters for the last time that night. She already prepared everything. Kato would have all the information needed to take down the Eda-Kimoto once and for all. Same with the hunters. Hitomi cut all of her past ties. She even gave up her home. The kitsune was ready to die.

But, Hitomi wasn't prepared for who was waiting for her outside of the secret hideout of the hunters' group. Her eyes widened when she stepped outside.

A young woman with long dark hair dressed in a rich blue kimono stood at the end of the path. Nothing about her gave away anything known.

Hitomi tilted her head. "Aki… -san?"

"Good evening, Hitomi-chan," the kitsune said.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk with you."

The former teacher narrowed her eyes. "Does Haruka-sama know you're here?"

"No."

The other kitsune gave her a puzzled look. "Excuse me?"

"I came here alone," Aki said. "Haruka-sama doesn't know I'm here." Hitomi covered her agape mouth. So it was true.

"But why me?" she asked. Aki took a step towards the barrier line.

"I don't think I have to give you a reason," she said. "It will be in your best interest to come with me now. I can't reach you from here." Hitomi looked behind her. The lights had already gone out in the house. Aki rolled her eyes.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've broken this barrier and done it alright," she said. "Just come on already." Hitomi pressed her lips together and lowered her head.

"Alright," she muttered. The kitsune walked through the barrier and followed Aki.

The women came out to a field. Hitomi held her breath as they walked. This had to be a trap, she could feel it in her gut. The kitsune ran her fingertips along her metal heart locket. Aki froze in her tracks.

"This is far enough," she said.

"Huh?" Hitomi asked. The other kitsune turned around.

"How long?" she asked.

"Excuse me?" the former teacher asked.

"Don't lie to me. I know you betrayed the mistress. I want to know how long."

Hitomi counted up on her fingers. "A few months now."

"I see…"

The former teacher tapped her locket. What's with this thick air around them? Aki was hard to read, but something was off about her.

"When did your link to Haruka-sama get so weak?" Hitomi asked. The other kitsune chucked.

"Has it become that obvious?" she asked. Aki flipped back her hair.

"Quite some time since the Mother returned," she said.

"We know how this will end for us all," Hitomi said.

"Yes."

"So why do you stay?"

"You already know the answer to that. I can't do anything else." Aki's smile was colder than ice.

"We aren't like you and the Mother," she added. "We don't have an actual body to latch onto. When our masters die, we die."

Hitomi narrowed her eyes. "But your connections are weakening."

"We still die if they die."

"But what does this have to do with me?"

Aki smiled and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but can you please die?"

"What?" Hitomi asked.

"Look, we're already falling apart. You are a traitor now and you must die." Aki noticed the lack of emotion on the former teacher's face. What's with her? Why isn't she afraid to die? Aki wrinkled her nose.

I don't like this.

"Hey, why aren't you afraid?" she asked. "You are going to die. I am going to kill you for betraying us. Does that not scare you?"

"No." Hitomi's tone sounded so empty. Aki couldn't see anything in her eyes. Hitomi smiled and shook her head.

"It's funny," she said. "I knew I was going to die, but it doesn't scare me anymore. I gave up everything—my job, my home, and even my relationship with Haruka-sama. I have nothing left. So, no. I am not afraid." Aki gritted her teeth.

"You!" she shouted. "Don't sound so arrogant!"

"I'm not. I am only speaking the truth. If you want to kill me, go ahead. But it won't change the fact that the end is coming for the Eda-Kimoto clan. You and Haruka-sama should know by now!"

"Shut up!" Aki shouted. She ran forward and drew her claws together into a blade. Hitomi unhooked the big heart charm from the locket chain. She didn't try to resist.

Stab!

The blade went upwards into Hitomi's heart. The former teacher coughed up blood. Aki drew back her blade and claws. Blood dripped and spilled on the grass. Aki had no emotion on her face as Hitomi fell to the ground.

"Farewell, traitor and precious friend," she said in a whisper. Hitomi could still hear and see the other kitsune as she kissed her on the forehead and walked away.

It didn't matter anymore.

Hitomi lay alone in an abandoned field, staring up at the dark morning sky. Blood stained her light pink kimono. The chain of her locket lay inches away. A little smile spread across her face.

It's done. I am finally free.

The kitsune drew her eyes closed for the last time.
Sign up to rate and review this story