Categories > TV > Supernatural > The Gaurdian

Life Found in a Killer

by CodeyaVisonchaser 0 reviews

A hunter by the name of Aiden shows up to kill the sadistic creature that holds Hope Captive

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Horror,Romance - Published: 2017-04-14 - Updated: 2017-04-21 - 1638 words

0Unrated
Fortunately I had more leeway than the others, apparently he considered the others his targets for his sadistic desires while I was treated decently so that I could sing on demand. Oppress was finally brought back from whatever room the man took him to. It was clear that his breathing was labored as I could hear every jagged and short breath. This was accompanied by a sick sticky noise with each step. In the past two weeks I have come to realize that this sound was the sound of blood. There was a heavy thump when Oppress was returned roughly to his prison.

The voice of our captor sounded, it sounded joyful and insane. "Now Nightingale, I have had a long day, that one doesn't crack easily." He chuckled darkly. "So as a reward for me breaking him I wish for your sweetest song." I replied with silence. "Nightingale." His voice became icy and threatening. "I said, sing."

I didn't comply. I heard a unhuman hiss leave his mouth and the clanking of the cage bars. I sat shaking, paralyzed in fear. "Why do you disobey Nightingale?"

"To keep you distracted." In that moment a light turned on and everyone in the room scurried to cover their eyes. A man stepped behind the now evidently inhuman creature in front of me. The man wielded a strange weapon, it was a blade that had jagged edges and that glowed a slight blue illuminating the face of my captor. The one who I had been inbondaged to appeared to be a shadow in bodily form. It's eyes were completely white with only the two faint iris' and pupils breaking the completely each white surface.

I felt a new wave of fear wash through me as he stared into my eyes, why it was there I don't know, for he was dying but the fear was prominate none the less, stronger than it had been when I was capable of seeing him.

He faded, seemingly melting as dry ice would. Once his gaze left me I felt I could breathe again but I was still cold, and numb from the piercing stare. Once I gathered my thoughts I looked over to Oppress. The sight encouraged me to break down in tears. He was no older than 15 and he was in terrible shape. It appeared as though the man-who-had-caged-us was angry with him. For he suffered from deep blade wounds that ran down his legs, a piece of his left thigh being carved out. His right arm was burnt off and he was laying limply in a pool of his own blood. I felt a scream tear from my throat, it sounded pained, more pained than the screams I gave when he hurt me.

Persecute looked immediately to me, checking to make sure I was alright. Though in comparison to everyone else here, save our rescuer I was in the best shape. I was treated better, my cage, I hadn't noticed until now, was larger and shaped like a bird cage, I could take three paces to reach the diameter and could easily stand and stretch. The others had cages tailored to their size that forced them to curl into a ball in order to fit and allowed them no room to move. Persecute, upon realizing that I was unharmed looked for our younger companion. A violent stream of curses left her mouth in the form of a angry yell. She rattled her door and the man who saved us hurried to free her. I'm not sure how but I some how made my way to Oppress and Persecute was right beside me. I felt pathetic and weak not knowing what to do or how to help.

I looked up to find that everyone was now free of their cages and weather they were walking, crawling, or being carried they were all headed for the same direction, freedom. I glanced up at Persecute and watched her eyes harden in resolve, together we lifted Oppress with the little strength we had and we slowly made our way to the others.

Our rescuer, however, stopped the precession. "Everyone listen, your weak we have to stay together. My names Aiden and I want to help you but in order to do so you need to listen to me, I can get you somewhere safe, I give you my word. But its a half mile walk to the interstate so if you have any strength left in you then help your neighbor and we'll get out of here safely."

There was something in his voice that compelled me to trust him, be it honesty, confidence or simply my own hope I will never know but I followed willingly. After all Oppress needed medical attention immediately and this was our best option. Persecute was doing surprisingly well considering that her legs where torn by the beatings but she had a stubborn look on her face and was often the one urging me forward instead of the other way around. We were not stopping, Persecute and I had managed to reach the road a few minute before the others despite Aiden's protests. As such Oppress was the first one in one of the many ambulances I being the least injured rode with Aiden and two others to the hospital in the white sports car that Aiden came in. "Hold on everyone, we're almost there." One of the passengers passed out, the walk having zapped the rest of her strength.
:~.~:~.~:

It had been a week and everyone was still in the hospitals care, save me. And because I have no memories Aiden had offered to rent a motel room next to his to keep me off the streets. Though when I told him that my memories where gone along with the memories of the other I could see a look of uncertainty cross over his face. Soon he was making phone calls, lots of phone calls.

He was tending to one of these calls now, I was next to Oppress with Persecute (who was still supposed to be in bed.) "I'm telling you, what happened shouldn't have happened." Persecute stated with clear surety in her voice. "I stabbed him once, with one of his own tools.  He didn't even flinch, so how is it that this random guy can walk in with something that can actually kill the beast?" She shook her head. "Somethings not right. It..." she hesitated. "It's kind of something that he would do isn't it? Give us a taste of freedom, a glance of hope just to take it all away, to throw us back to the cages."

"I have been talking to Aiden, Pers." I shook my head. "Something tells me we can trust him, that he's here to help us." Persecute scoffed.

"Hope is right. I'm here to help." Aiden stood leaning against door. "And so are they" He jerked his head behind him. There stood two large, well built men. One a giant with long dark hair and the other tall, but not quite so, and blond. "Let me introduce Sam and Dean Winchester" He pointed to the boys in turn.

I stepped back intimidated by their size, Persecute stepped forward in a threating stance for the same reason. Persecute hissed through her teeth, "We don't need help, he's dead."

"Not so much." My world felt like it concaved, living that was brutal, but being free again and then hearing that you may end up going back... that was torture at it's purest moment.

"See," Sam started "The thing that hurt you.... it wasn't... human exactly."

"We gathered." Pers stated humorlessly.

"I thought it was a shadowling. I treated it like you would a shadowling, but its a distant cousin. Its called a Vieraugen, which translated to four-eyes."

"I don't care what it's called!" Persecute snapped.

"Look we hunt things," Sam tried making his voice soft. "Vampires, ghosts, werewolves, banshees. Things that hurt people. We can protect you."

Persecute scoffed "Right. and how's Casper doing now-a-days?"

"Pers enough!" I looked up two the brothers. "If he didn't die than what happened to him?"

Dean was the one to reply. "The four-eyed and the shadowlings are closely related, so Aiden injured it and sent it on a temporary vacation."

"How do we know that it isn't a shadowling?" Oppress asked quietly.
 
"Because the shadowlings don't play with memories like that." Dean stated sounding like he was done talking.
 
Though I had one more question. "How are you going to protect us? There are three of you and 18 of us."
 
"Sam and Dean have a place for you guys to lay low while we hunt this thing down." Aiden stated.
 
"What if he finds us?" Persecute questioned.

The sasquatch-man answered this time. "The place is warded he wouldn't be able to get inside, and we will have a friend there to take care of you. Once we kill this thing then your free to go."

"And where would we go? I don't know if you understand what it means to lose your memory but we literally have nothing." She glanced at Oppress. "He's fourteen what's going to happen to him when we're 'free to go'?" The brothers and Aiden exchanged a look but came up with no answer. "and what, your going to leave us with some stranger?" She directed her gaze to Oppress and myself. "Please tell me that this is crazy, because I'm not letting either of you go through with this."

I looked away from Pers. "I really don't see any alternative. Most of us are to weak to stand, let alone fight back." Persecute looked at me with an annoyed expression but did not challenge my words.

"Okay..." Sam began trying to break the tension. "We'll need a larger vehicle."

:~.~:~.~:
Sign up to rate and review this story