Categories > TV > Supernatural > The Gaurdian

A Shattered Bond

by CodeyaVisonchaser 0 reviews

Here we meet Castiel and gain a slight backstory to Laneri

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Horror,Romance - Published: 2017-04-15 - Updated: 2017-04-21 - 1005 words

0Unrated
Eventually everyone had been transferred to the 'bunker,' which was our temporary safe house. Save for Oppress- who was to weak to be moved, as well as Persecute and myself, who had refused to leave his side.

The next time we saw Aiden, Sam, and Dean there was a fourth member.

"Well isn't this adorable? The number of strange men just keeps growing." Persecute stated sarcastically.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw the new member. He had captivating crystal blue eyes and short dark hair. Yet at the same time I felt myself being forced away from his presence, as if there was a magnet pulling me back.

His attention was focused completely on Oppress as he wordlessly made his was next to the teen. I moved out of his way somehow knowing that he would need to stand in the area I was currently occupying, and physically unable to stand so close to the being.

"Hope, Persecute, Oppress." Aiden greeted before indicating to the man "Castiel." Aiden said the mans name with a smirk, suggesting that he knew something that I did not.

"Castiel? What in the world is a Castiel?" Persecute asked with a look of clear suspicion.

I looked back at Castiel in confusion as he pressed to fingers to the forehead of my young companion. I visibly saw Oppress relax and watched in terrified fascination as his wounds closed. The only wound that plagued my young friend now was his arm, which had not grown back. When Castiel removed his hand he looked back towards the hunters. "There is nothing I could do for his arm Dean. But he should be fine for travel."

Persecutes looked fearful and her suspicion deepened. "Seriously what's a Castiel?"

"I am an angel of the lord... or, used to be." At this point I was ready to believe anything, I had seen a four-eyed-cousin-of-the-shadows, a healing that was impossible in scientific standards and now, I was looking at an angel.

Persecute, however, was not so easy to convince. "How do we know you're an angel? And how do we know your not working for him?"

Castiel didn't respond, seemingly not believing it was worth the effort. Instead he turned, looking at me for the first time. Immediately his expression became confused. "Hello, Laneri."

"I'm sorry... Laneri?"

Castiel nodded "It was the name granted to you, yes."

"By whom?" I felt excitement bubble within me. I knew an angel? More than that I knew someone who knew who I was. "Who am I? Do I have a family? What do I do for a living? Where do I live?"

Castiel frowned. "Your father was the one to name you although he typically referred to you as 'pup'. You're Laneri and to your friends you're known by 'Heart.' Your family is... dispersed and you don't get along with those still alive. You don't have a line of work or a home, because you've been running."
 
I felt what hope that I held shatter around me. "Why?" When the angel didn't answer I expanded on my question "Why am I running?"
 
Castiel lowered his eyes in search for a decent answer before returning my gaze. "Because you where lost and afraid."
 
"Why?" Persecute questioned, not bothering to hide her distrust, but rather trying to amplify it.

"She never told me." Castiel said glancing towards Pers.

"How do you know me?" I asked cautiously.

"You, Laneri, were praying. Not to me, but to my father. And for some, unclear reason I heard you." His gaze seemed to pierce through me. "So I came to help. You were..." Castiel paused seeming to search for an appropriate word. "...straying in a direction that was very dangerous. I stopped you."

"Where was she straying?" Oppress asked looking at me confused.

"That is information that I promised her I would never share." Castiel deadpanned.

"And what if I gave you permission?"

Castiel's eyes filled with sorrow. "For your own peace of mind I would hold this a secret even against you." His words only scared me more, what had I done?

"And if I demanded you tell me?"

Castiel looked towards the ground guiltily. "I would refuse."

The hunters at the door looked at me with a uncertainty. "Cas what did she do?" Dean questioned forcefully.

"She's not a threat, not now. That is all you need to know." Castiel looked straight at Dean when he spoke these words and Dean relaxed slightly though he still looked at me warily.

I stared at the angel, as if that would give me my answers. "Did you ever call me Heart?" I asked, my voice small.

Castiel looked at me with... sorrow? "I used to. Though the last time we spoke you told me to never call you that again. You said it was a name that only your friends were permitted to use."

"What happened between you two then?" Persecute asked genuinely curious.

"Something strong enough to break what was once called unbreakable." Castiel answered, his voice barley above a whisper. "Strong enough to break the bond between a guardian angel and his charge."

My eyes snapped to Castiel. "You're my..."

"You are the worlds worst guardian angel." Oppress glared from his bed. "She was encaged by a four-eyed shadow cousin. Where were you?"

"When she broke the bond I became someone who repulses her, she is not physically able to come within a ten foot radius of me, unless the bond is reformed." He looked down in what looked like shame. "I can not find her anymore, she is hidden from me. There was no way that I could have known she was in danger."

"Why did she break the bond?" Persecute had a fresh look of distrust on her features.

Castiel did not answer, instead replying with, "It is time we take you to the bunker." He turned on his heels and left the room. Sam and Dean exchanged a glance before Dean followed the angel out.
Sign up to rate and review this story