Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Welcome To My Not s oPerfect Life

by ForNeverYours 1 review

A girl has to supprot herself in ahick town. What happens when the boys show up one day at the diner she works at?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 1032 words

0Unrated
My life has never been easy. Yeah you've heard about the girl with all the luck. The girl that has all the guys following her and gets what she wants. The one with beach blonde hair and a perfect smile. Well that's not me. In fact, by the time I turned 15 I was basically supporting myself. I was a waitress at the local diner and at the rec. center across town, a code word for a private bar. Along with school, that was a lot to handle. I moved out of my mother's house because seeing her just pointed out the fuck-up I was going to be in a few years. So I bought an apartment in the next town and got out. That was a year ago, now I have nothing really to look forward to in this life except getting a stable paycheck. This was my life, nothing really interesting.
"Alex, there's someone at table three!" My boss yelled over the sounds of the kitchen.
I nodded and scooped up my notepad and pen, then rushed out the door. "Remember; be cheerful, the rent is due today." I reminded myself as I went to the table. The booth had four young looking boys sitting at it. One with a black faux-hawk and too tight t-shirt. Another had a trucker hat, black rimmed glasses, and what looking like he was trying to grow sideburns. The other two looked fairly normal; one had shaggy black curly hair and the other had long red brown hair and glasses.
"Hi, what can I get for you?" I sighed as they looked up at me.
"Are you sure you should be waiting tables?" The one with the faux-hawk asked eyeing me curiously.
"It's kind of my job." I laughed slightly.
"How old are you?" He asked.
"17, why?" I answered nervously picking at the hem on my pants.
"Oh, what are you doing waiting table?" The one with the curly hair asked "Shouldn't you still be in school?"
"No, I already graduated." I looked down "What can I get for you?"
"We'll all have the special." The boy with the faux-hawk said handing me the menus.
"It'll be right up." I nodded going back to the kitchen. "Four specials." I said sitting back down and sighing. I hated being patronized for my age. It's like ever kid lived a happy life and went to college and had a family. I didn't and I never would.
"Order up!" The cook called hitting the small bell on the shelf the separated me from the cooking area. I grabbed the four plates and balanced them on my arms, one of my many talents that no one else in the diner could do.
"Hey you go." I said placing the plates in front of each of them then turned to leave.
"Wait!" The faux-hawk kid called, I turned back to them "Please take a break and sit with us."
"I-I don't know." I stuttered playing with the hem of my apron now.
"Please." He pleaded holding his hands together and shaking them lightly.
"Fine." I sighed and scooted in next to the boy with the hat.
"I'm Pete." The boy with the faux-hawk smiled holding his hand across the table for me to shake. I shook it and looked at the others.
"Do the quiet three have names?"
"I'm Andy." The boy with long red brown hair said then went back to eating.
"Joe." The boy with curly black hair smiled and followed Andy and returned to eating.
Pete cleared his throat after the boy with the hat didn't answer. I heard him kick the boy under the table.
"What?" He spat rubbing his leg.
"Are you going to tell her your name, or am I going to have to beat it out of you?" Pete smirked at.
"I'm Patrick." He said his face getting cherry red.
"I'm Alex." I smiled trying to ignore that fact.
"So tell me what a 17 year old is doing serving day-old pie at a diner when she should be having fun and living the last year of her youth to her fullest?" Pete asked shoveling food into his mouth.
"I moved out of my moms place last year." I explained, only Pete looked like he was paying attention.
"Why did you move out?" Patrick asked shyly.
"I was tired of cleaning up after her, I paid the bills and cleaned the house while she went out and fucked random guys to make her feel better about herself."
"Harsh." Joe said looking up.
"It's true; I just got sick of it." I sighed "So I left a note got my shit and left."
"Wow, 17 and on your own." Pete said "How did you get an apartment when you aren't even legal?"
"Are you kidding?" I scoffed "The people in this town don't give two shits about how old you are."
"Ah, loophole right?"
"Exactly." I nodded
"You have this town wired don't you?" Andy asked looking up from his food for the first time.
"Yeah basically."
"Then you can probably help us." Joe said hopefully.
"Shoot." I nodded.
"Do you know where the Stevenston Rec. Hall is?" Pete asked quietly like it was the first time he was lost.
"Yeah, in fact I work a shift there later on tonight." I smiled "I always work when there's a band performing."
"Great, can you give us directions?" Joe asked.
"Wait, are you guys Fall Out Boy?" I questioned.
"Yup." Pete smiled "The band straight from Chicago."
"I work that shift!" I squeed
"Seriously?" Patrick gasped
I nodded "Why don't you just come go around town for a few hours and come back around 12?"
"Sure, then you can show us the way to go." Joe said nodding.
"Here I'll go get your bill." I sighed getting up.
I got their bill and set it down in front of them. Them turned said goodbye for now and continued serving the slowly steadying crowd of hungry truckers and bikers. All afternoon I thought about the conversation I had with four strangers. Those guys seemed to understand all my problems even though they didn't know the first thing about me.
Sign up to rate and review this story