Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

The Night Life Of A No-Name Town

by ForNeverYours 1 review

Alex's secret life get revealed to the boys.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 2345 words

0Unrated
They came on time and waited in the parking lot. I looked out the window to see Pete leaning on the hood of a white van and Patrick awkwardly standing off to the side.
"Gina, my shift is over can I get my pay and go?" I asked over the sounds of the kitchen.
"Sure thing, your pay is in the register." She called over the island and turned back to lecturing the new cook.
I grabbed my messenger bag and grabbed my pay. Then quickly walked out the door. The saw me coming and walked up to me.
"Just follow me; I drive a cherry red mustang." I called over my shoulder as I got in my car.
I started it and was welcomed by the beginning notes of Ruby Soho by Rancid. I smirked and blasted the speakers. I peeled out and checked the rearview mirror to see if the were following me, they were. Ten minute later I pulled in front of my apartment complex and turned off the car. I grabbed my stuff and got out, slowly slamming the door to the car. I wanted it to last until I got enough money to get another decent one. They slowly got out and followed me to my apartment, 246. Those were my lucky numbers and ironically my apartment number.
They were standing behind me as I opened the door. I turned and looked at them stare in shock at my apartment. The walls were red and black and covered in band posters and other random things that fit well in its space.
"Home sweet home." I sighed dropped my messenger bag to the side and kicking off my shoes. "Make yourselves at home while I get ready." I called over my shoulder as I went to my room and the adjoining bathroom. I slowly got undressed as I heard the T.V. switch on. I shook my head and got a quick shower. I got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. You never wanted to wear something nice to the rec. hall. Lots of moshing and spilling of drinks happens, and I've lost enough outfits to learn my lesson. I brushed the knots out of my long black, red, and purple hair. Then returned my nose ring to the proper areas and finally put on some make-up. I looked like a completely different person from the girl that waited table earlier that day.
I smiled, and laughed let's see how long it take for them to hate me. I walked out and sat down in a chair by the couch. They didn't seem to notice me for a while until Patrick looked up and smiled at me. A chain reaction started and they all looked up.
"Ah, so you're an in the closet punk?" Pete laughed.
"If I looked like this all the time I wouldn't get a job."
"What about the rec. hall?" Patrick asked.
"This is tame compared to what some of the girls wear."
"Oh? Like what?" Pete smiled.
"Well, on time a girl came in wearing a leather thong and matching bra." I sighed "She got $500 worth of tips."
"Ooh, can't wait." Joe laughed as Patrick continued to stare at me. I didn't really care anymore, after being stared at by creepy old guys you learn to ignore it.
"Well, my shift starts in few hours, what do you want to do?"
"Um, is there a mall around here?" Pete asked thinking.
"Hardly." I scoffed "In the next big town which is about an hour away."
"Well, why don't we go?" Pete pouted leaning back in the couch.
"Because, I have to be at work in two hours and I really don't want to ride in a car for and hour only to turn around and drive back the minute we get there."
"You've thought this out haven't you?" Patrick laughed.
"That I have." I nodded and smirked.
"So what do you want to do?" Joe asked.
"Well, I would like to rest before I have to be manhandled."
"What?" Andy said for the first time.
"Didn't I tell you? The rec. center is a cover name."
"What is the rec. center?" Pete asked nervously.
"A bar." I smiled getting up and walking into the kitchen area. "Do you guys want anything?"
"Water." Pete called.
"Do you have Mountain Dew?" Andy asked.
"Do you have any beer at all?" Joe asked.
Patrick got up to help me carry in the drinks. I handed him my last bottle of Mountain Dew and one of the few beers I got free from the rec. center. He smiled at me and turned back to the living room. I sighed; his smile was so honest, so peaceful, and so melt-worthy. Was I falling for a guy I just met?
"Patrick what do you want?" I asked looking in my fridge.
"What do you have?" He asked coming right up behind me.
"Well, I have tea and lemonade." I offered standing up.
"Tea's good." He smiled as we stood uncomfortably close.
Pete noticed we were just standing there doing nothing and saved all of us the awkwardness.
"So, Alex. Tell us more about this rec. center." He said
We still stood there for a few seconds, until I knew I had to answer.
I looked down and inched my way past him. I was so close I could smell the toothpaste on his breath and the soap on his skin. He looked sadly at me as I walked past and sat back down on the rotting couch.
"There's really not much to say." I sighed "It's a bar, I'm a bartender."
"Another loophole, I see." Joe smiled, as I nodded.
I checked my watch nervously. Holy shit the time really went fast, I had to be at work in 20 minutes.
"Shit, guys we gotta go." I said getting up and grabbing my messenger bag.
They followed me and got in their van. I was about to get in my car when Pete yelled out the window.
"Hey, why don't you just ride with us?"
"I thought you were leaving after the show?"
"No, we aren't leaving for a while."
"Okay fine." I said slamming my door and getting into the back of their van. I sat down next to Patrick in the front seat and set my trusty messenger bag on my lap. He glanced down at the many pins that decorated the front and smiled.
"Rancid, not bad." He nodded in approval.
"Thanks." I blushed and looked down at my hands. I heard some thunder roll and glanced out the window. I loved it when it rained. It always calmed me and made me happy. Unlike some girls my age that were afraid of thunder and lightening, I loved it. Patrick saw me smiling and laughed.
"What?" I asked pretending to be annoyed.
"You don't strike me as the type person that would be happy about going to work.
"It's the rain." I sighed dreamily looking back out the window.
We got to the bar and I quickly jumped out. The other slowly got out and went around to the trailer.
"I'll tell them you're here." I said going in the back and grabbing my id card, we needed them to prove that we worked there. "Sean! The band is here."
"Ok, do you think you can get them ready?"
"Fine." I joked getting the door for them and getting the mics. ready.
"I thought you were the bartender?" Patrick asked as I got the mic stand up.
"And I do all the odd jobs." I focused on the stand and adjusting it to his height.
"Ah." He smirked.
"Good luck you guys." I called over my shoulder once I was done getting them ready.
I went to my post at the bar and started pouring drinks. My eyes skimmed over the crowd, it was pretty big tonight. I smiled maybe they knew they were form Chicago. If the hicks in this town even knew where that was. I laughed to myself and grabbed the tray. Ah the catcalls and inappropriate grabs. Not my favorite thing about this job, but I tips well. I've learned that much for sure.
I strolled past a table with leather clad bikers. One slapped my ass and laughed. I also learned another thing about working at a bar. Still holding the tray I hauled back and punched him. He sat back and took it.
"Never touch your waitress." I smirked waving my finger in front of his face.
"And what if I do?" He spat.
"Security!" I yelled over my shoulder, two men bigger than him came out and grabbed him by his arms. The ushered him to the door and forced him out.
"Is that all?" The bigger one asked slowly.
"Thanks guys." I hugged them and returned to what I was doing. I loved the guys. They've saved my ass on many occasions.
The rest of the night went on without a hitch until they came on. The stage was small but big enough for four people to play easily. There was room in front for the people that wanted to mosh or get a closer look at the band playing, but hardly anyone ever did.
"Okay, guys, we have a new band here from Chicago." The girl shouted into the mic. "Give it up for Fall Out Boy!"
There was a roll of half-assed applause and a few whistles. I smiled and sat down at one of the empty table. Andy counted in on the drums then went insane on the intro. This was followed by Pete and Joe and bass and guitar. Patrick's voice filled the room with a soothing tenor tone.

"I served out my detention, and in the end I got an honorable mention"
His eyes shot to me through the crowd. I blushed and looked down.
"When the moonlight hits your bright eyes I go blind, maybe next time I'll remember not to tell you something stupid like I'll never leave your side like the oldest movie I ever saw was the one we wrote together said I hate you but I'd never change a thing,"

"Hey girly! I need a refill!" A man shouted at me, I snapped back into reality and took his glass. Their music was so different from the shit that usually played. It was like I was in a movie and that was my soundtrack.
But soon their set was up and everything went back to normal. They sat at the bar while I made my last round and wiped the tables down.
After that I got my tips and pay and left quickly. They followed and got in the van I followed and sat beside Patrick, again.
"You guys rocked!" I yawned tiredly resting my head against his sweaty shoulder. I didn't care if we were still complete strangers, I felt so peaceful with him.
"No we didn't." Pete laughed.
"Well you were better than most of the craptastic bands that find their way in there." I smiled.
"Thanks." Andy said from behind me somewhere.
"You handled yourself pretty well too." Pete said looking in the rearview mirror.
"Oh that jerk." I laughed "I deal with him ever other day, he knows not to mess with me."
"So you deal with him regularly?" Patrick asked.
"Yeah." I yawned. Don't fall asleep, don't fall asleep.
I battled wit myself to not fall asleep, but usually after I work I sleep a little with the guys there I had no choice. They pulled in front of the complex and I jumped out. Right before they turned away I called after them.
"Do you guys have a place to stay tonight?" I asked.
"No we don't I was thinking we could find a motel somewhere."
"Good luck with that." I laughed "There isn't a motel here for over 20 minutes; here you can stay with me tonight."
"Are you sure?" Joe asked sitting beside Pete.
"I insist." I ordered, they turned off the van and got their shit.
They made camp in my living room and battled for who got the couch, Pete won by a landslide. I laughed and turned on my laptop. I wasn't tired anymore. Not with four men in my house.
I started reading some smut, it always calmed me. This one was good, very good. After I read it I checked the clock, 3:49. Guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight. I yawned and went out to see if the other were asleep. Pete was snoring lightly on the couch; Andy was sleeping on the floor; there was only one other lump on the floor, meaning one of them wasn't there. I went into the kitchen to get something to eat since the bar didn't give breaks. I grabbed some crackers out of the cupboard and sat down at the cheap card table.
I soon noticed someone had sat down across from me. I squinted into the dim light to see Patrick rubbing sleep from his eyes and yawning.
"Can't sleep?" I whispered.
"No." He whispered back. "But maybe we can get to sleep together."
"Are you making a pass at me?" I laughed.
"Maybe."
"Ok, but if do any funny stuff I'll hurt you."
"Deal." He laughed.
I got up and he followed me into my bedroom. I lay down on the bed and he lay down beside me. I pulled the blanket up over myself and rolled over to face him.
"Why do I feel so comfortable with you when I've only met you today?"
"I have a special power that does that to girls." He smirked looking back at me.
I laughed and rolled back over, why was I sleeping with a stranger? I kept my eyes open until I knew he was really asleep. When I heard him snoring lightly I knew now would be a good time to sleep. My eyelids got heavy and I was soon lulled into a deep sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story