Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Cigarettes and Broken Dishes

by ForNeverYours 1 review

Cute moments with the guys and thier new friend.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-16 - Updated: 2006-09-17 - 1901 words

0Unrated
The light from my widow woke me up. I glanced around my room. Everything was in order, my clothes were still on and Patrick was nowhere to be found. I groaned and got up. There were clanging noises coming from the kitchen. I padded out to see all of them sitting and smiling at the table.
"Morning guys." I smiled sitting in one of the chairs.
"Morning Alex." They all said in unison.
"So how was sleep?" Pete asked standing in front of the stove and cooking some of the frozen bacon I had kept in case of company.
"Fine, why?" I yawned widely.
"With Patrick?" Andy added as I choked on some of my orange juice.
"How did you find out?"
"Oh I have a picture." Pete smiled giving me a Polaroid.
There we were facing each other, my face buried in his chest, and his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.
"You dirty son of a bitch!" I smirked not at all insulted by that.
"Why thank-you." He laughed bowing.
Patrick came in from being outside and sat down beside me.
"We didn't do anything did we?" I whispered in his ear.
He shook his head and smiled. "Not that I remember."
I sighed in relief and looked back at the expecting eyes of the others.
"Want to share something with the class?" Pete smirked behind his glass of orange juice.
"Nothing that you need to know." I countered, slightly defensive.
"Okay, touchy." He said raising his hands. "I was just asking."
"Well maybe I don't want you to know!" I snapped.
"Well maybe I care!" He started to shout.
"What the fuck do you care?" I yelled getting up and shaking the table, "You just met me."
"Yeah? So?" He looked down. "Maybe I want to care about someone that's making the same mistake I did."
"I bet." I rolled my eyes and stepped away from the table. "Not many people make this mistake."
"I have." His voice was low, hurt. "And the fact that I just met you shouldn't come into this argument."
I turned and looked at him and the others. They were all giving me the same hurt and concerned face. Almost like they knew that there was a better life for me.
I let out the breath I had been holding for no reason and slumped back in the chair.
"Sorry guys, I get a little defensive when people talk to me about what they think I should do." I explained "Not what I want to do."
"Apology accepted." Pete sighed holding his arm out for me to shake. "I know what it's like."
"That was the weirdest conversation I ever heard." Joe sighed staring down at his food.
"So what are you guys doing today?" I asked quietly.
"I don't know." Andy said looking up for the first time in a while.
"I'm sorry to say but you guys are on your own today." I sighed, they looked up shocked. "I made plans with one of my only friends."
"Oh, okay." Patrick murmured, sounding kind of hurt.
I quickly got dressed and put on my usual make-up. Walking out into the living room all the guys were still in their places. I sighed and rolled my eyes, I felt like a mother leaving her children to go to work.
"Ok, you can stay here or go and look around town, but there's not much to see." I rummaged through my messenger bag until I found my tablet; I ripped out a page and scribbled down my cell phone number. "Here's my cell phone number in case something happens, but don't do anything on purpose."
"Do you have to go?" Pete cried melodramatically throwing himself at my feet.
"Yes, I'm sorry." I sighed pulling him to his feet.
"Aww, why?" Joe wined joining in on the fun
They were all on the ground, at my feet, pulling on my shirt and crying. I pulled myself away and got to the door.
"And please guys don't do anything stupid to get me thrown out of my apartment."
With that I closed the door lightly and walked calmly down the hall. But just because I looked calm didn't mean a thing. Deep down I was worrying if I would have a home to come home to.

~~~~~

I leaned back on the hood of my mustang and pulled a long drag of a cigarette. Letting the bittersweet taste fill my mouth and soak down into my lungs, then slowly let it out. I handed it to Sabrina that sat next to me, staring up into the stars. She did the same and handed it back. This was how we spent our time together. Watching the stars and smoking cigarettes. I rolled it between my thumb and finger, watching the red ember slowly burn lower.
"So tell me about these boys that are sorta living with you now." Sabrina's voice filled the still night air.
"There's really nothing to tell, I met them at the diner." I stopped to pull another drag from the cigarette. "They were nice and they needed a place to stay."
"Oh so you trust complete strangers." She smirked.
"No, they're-" I thought of a word. "Different."
"Like good different, or bad different." She asked propping herself up on her elbows.
"Good different." I looked over the murky lake you could barely see in the dim light. "They're not bikers if that's what you mean."
"Oh good." She faked a sigh of relief. "I thought you would be hanging out with leather-clad, muscle bound, hog riders!"
"Shut up." I laughed throwing the butt into the dust. "Do you want to come back and meet them?"
"Sure why not?" She said sliding off the hood and jumping in the passenger seat.
I gunned the engine and pulled out onto the empty street. This is what happened when you lived in a small town, no one was out at night. The Used came and we both squealed. I turned the volume buttons as high as it would go and started singing to the lyrics.
"I guess its okay I puked the day away!" We both sang at the top of our lungs.
I laughed when she started to head bang, something she was known for doing. Before I knew it I was pulling in front of the apartment. I let out a sigh and looked at her.
"I don't really know what I'm coming home to." I stated opening the door and slamming it once I was out. She followed and walked along beside me.
I walked on autopilot up to the apartment door. I could hear shouts and clanging from outside it. Along with murmurs and shouts.
"What the fuck?" I whispered under my breath as I opened the door.
They looked like they were cooking, or at least I think they were cooking. There was food all over the counters and all over the floor.
"What are you doing?!" I shouted over the noise. Patrick looked up from the table and then jumped up.
"I'm sorry; we just wanted to surprise you." He explained.
"By cooking the last of my food." I insinuated.
"No, you still have some Ramen." Pete smiled.
I sighed and rolled my eyes, somehow I couldn't say mad at those faces. "Guys, this is Sabrina."
"Hey." They all said in unison, but Joe seemed to take more notice to her than the others.
I put my stuff in my room and came back into the kitchen. They had already cleaned up what mess they had made so I had room to sit down at the table. Patrick made me some tea and sat it in front of me.
"Where's Sabrina?" I asked through sips.
"I think she went off with Joe." He shrugged sitting down in front of me.
I nodded and picked up my cup. "What exactly did you guys do today?"
"Well, um." He said thinking of the words to say.
"I don't mind, just tell me."
"We tried to cook and broke a few things."
"Like what?" I asked slowly.
"That white china thing." He said quietly.
"You what!?" I shouted getting up and rushing to the cabinets. I looked through the cupboards and couldn't find the one dish I kept for only special occasions.
"I'm sorry; I didn't know it was important to you." He explained.
"Not important? Didn't it seem weird that was the only nice thing I had?" I spat flopping on the floor.
"That did seem weird." He commented.
"Just promise me something." I sighed.
"What?"
"Don't ever touch anything in the kitchen unless I tell you to."
"Got it." He said getting up and leaving me to look at the broken pieces of the one thing that I had left from my dad.
I remember the day I decided I want to cook since mom couldn't anymore. He smiled widely and said it was a perfect idea. We went to the local store and got me a cookbook and other cooking materials. I remember the first meal I made, burgers and hot dogs. Dad acted like it was the best thing he'd ever eaten, even though it was charred and falling apart. Mom didn't eat it, she said she was going out with her friends and didn't want to spoil her appetite. I still remember the hurt that filled dad's eyes when she walked out the door. That's when he started drinking to get away from the pain.
I sighed and wiped the tears from my eyes as Pete walked into the kitchen. He just sort of stood there for a few seconds,
"Oh hey Pete." I sniffed getting up off the floor.
"Is there something wrong?" He asked trying not to see the tears that still lingered in my eyes.
I shook my head and wiped my eyes. "Just thinking on the past."
"Ahh," He nodded and turned away. "I think Patrick wants to talk to you."
"Give me some time to think over what you guys broke."
"Okay." He said before turning and walking out into the living room again.
Patrick walked back in and sat down beside me.
"You know, it's a not that bad." He sighed.
"How so?" I asked pulling at a loose thread on my sweatshirt.
"You can always take the pieces and use them as mosaic tiles."
I looked up and smiled. "I never thought of that."
"It's a good idea isn't it?" He nodded.
I scooped up the pieces and put them in another bowl for safe keeping. He gave me hope, hope that things were going to get better.
"When are you going to go back on tour?"
"We have to be in New York in a month."
"So you have time to kill?"
"And we're running out of money." He added.
"Well, I can loan you some money." I offered.
He just looked shocked, like that had never been offered to him before.
"If you don't want me to I don't have to." I murmured looking down.
"No, we'll take it, but I didn't-." I cut him off.
"You didn't think I had the money to spare."
He nodded and blushed. I smiled, grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door. He followed stupidly, like a little kid.
"Where are we going?" He asked.
"You'll see." I smirked.
Sign up to rate and review this story