Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Beginning Of Chaos

by story_master 4 reviews

Things get even weirder for the heroes.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-09 - Updated: 2006-09-10 - 1270 words

1Exciting
Jay and Atlanta rushed over to her and tried to comfort her. She pushed them away and continued to cry. They didn't know exactly what to do. Theresa got out of her bed and started to run. She raced past her shocked friends and out the front door. The air was cool and crisp. It stung her skin as she ran as fast as she could down the road.

She heard Herry's truck coming up behind her and she also heard some concerned cries from her friends. She turned into an alley way and after a few minutes she came to the building she had seen in her dream. Something told her to stay out of the partly delapitated and crumbling building but she went in. It was like she couldn't control her actions. She slowly walked up the stairs. The building must have been thirty floors high.

The others puled up to the building and jumped out. They saw her pass by one of the windows, she was about halfway up the building. They raced inside and started up the stairs. What they didn't know was that many of the stair cases were broken down or destroyed.

Theresa walked into a small room on the twentieth floor and blocked the door off. She then opened a secret door and walked down a winding staircase. Jay started to tear the items away from the door and then followed her. He finally caught up to her when she stopped in front of a pool of black water. Jay held his breathe, he knew something was really wrong. He heard a voice and thought it was Cronus. But it sounded a little different. As he walked closer he saw she was talking to the water. Then he saw a figure rise from it and hold up some sort of weapon. It was raised above Theresa's head when Jay ran towards them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Aww man. Another dead end." Atlanta said as she turned around for the fourth time. SHe met up with Archie at the bottom of the stairs.

" Dead end?" he asked.

" Yup." she replied.

The two slumped down to the ground and took out their PMRs.

" Hey." Odie's voice came over the small device.

" Any luck?" Archie asked.

" Nope. How about you?" he replied.

" No." Archie said.

" Hey Herry? Neil? How about you two?" Atlanta asked into her PMR.

" No luck here." Herry responded.

" Me either." Neil added.

The two shut off their PMRs and started to wander around. They soon ran into three of their friends. Now Archie, Atlanta, Odie, Neil, and Herry walked around together. They had tried to contact Jay or Theresa through the PMRs but all they got was static. Something was blocking the signal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" NOOOO!" he cried as he rushed closer.

He tried to dive and knock Theresa out of the way but there was some invisable force that protected the pool and he couldn't pass through it. He pounded on it with his fists trying to snap Theresa out of her trance.

" This is the beginning." the creature said to him.

" The beginning of what?" Jay asked, fear washed over him.

" Of chaos." the creature replied in a voice that sent shivers down Jay's spine.

The creature began once more to raise the blade higher and higher over Theresa's head.Jay watched in horror as he saw the rusty blade come down over her head. He looked away and waited for the blood curdling scream. When he didn't hear one he looked. Theresa was fine. In fact she was still talking to the creature. It looked like a shadow and had glowing red eyes.

" Theresa!" he yelled as he started once more to break the barrier between them.

Suddenly he was hit by something hard. Everything went black.

Jay opened his eyes to find that he was staring up at his ceiling. He was lying on the floor. ' Was it all just a dream? The scream, the chase and the freaky shadow creature?' he thought as he stood up. He went to see it anyone else was awake. Nope. It was just him. He shrugged and went back to his room. Shortly he fell into an uneasy sleep.

When morning came Jay awoke to find the light pouring into his room. He was covered with sweat and his heart was pounding. His dream came flooding back to him. Then all of a sudden he felt cold. He got up, showered then got dressed and headed downstairs. He found everyone doing their own thing. Atlanta and Archie were no where to be seen, Odie and Herry played video games while Neil watched and Theresa was in the kitchen reading a book.

As Jay approached her she hid it. Jay gave her a confused look but she didn't meet his gaze. Then he noticed something was off about her.She had a scar on her left shoulder but it hadn't been there the day before. Then she smile and looked at him. Her eyes were dull and almost a grey colour.

" Are you okay?" he asked her with worry in his voice.

" Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little tired, that's all." she replied, smiling.

Then she got up and disappeared upstairs. But she had left her book behind. Jay picked it up. It was all in latin. ' Why does Theresa have this? She doesn't even know latin.' he thought as he flipped through the pages. He came to the one where there was a bookmark He slowly tried to read the words but didn't know what they meant. He walked upastairs and put it in his room, he decided to ask Archie about it later. As he closed and locked his bedroom door he felt like he was being watched. He looked around and then went downstairs.

Theresa closed her door and locked it. She pulled a book out from under her bed and opened it to a page. She lit some candles and placed them in a circle in the middle of her floor. She then sat in the middle of the circle with her book. She started to read the words on the page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie and Atlanta came in the door out of breathe. They walked into the living room and collapsed on the couch.

" Man that storm came out of nowhere." Atlanta exclaimed as she caught her breathe.

" Yeah the sky is like jet black." Archie added as he looked out the window.

" A black sky? That's impos-" Odie was cut off by a loud noise.

The six teens rushed to the window as the earth started to shake. They saw the ground split apart and they had to cover their ears to block out the sound. It was like before at the mountian, only now it was outside their dorm!" They saw a large shadow like figure emerge from the crack. It streched out across the sky and it's eyes glowed blood red.

Jay's mouth dropped open. That was the creature from his dream. 'But if he's here then that means it wasn't a dream.' Jay thought as he stumbled back.

Cronus appeared in front of the creature and seemed to be talking with it. Then the unbelievable happened.
~*~

What happened? Is Theresa on the 'bad side'? Is this the beginning of total chaos? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it. Sorry for the little amount of dialogue. There will be more and more in the upcoming chapters. And there will also be some A/A and J/T too. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story