Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

wings wetted down

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Gemma is stuck in a warzone.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-07-13 - Updated: 2017-07-14 - 1200 words - Complete

0Unrated
Once the gun sounded off it felt like a thousand chills came over my body. I looked over and saw that Larry was gone. "Gemma" someone shouted out. Radziel came rushing over getting me out of harms way. Larry was already fighting the cearb .Kieran hissed showing all of his fangs and swung some type of bent misshapen blade at Larry. Sandra tumbled over the ground trying to get away. I ran into the small house with Hannah and locked the door. I was still able to see all the chaos taking place outside. I saw the others rummage through the weapons taking out swords and guns. Larry looked as if he was exhausted from fighting where the cearb was trying to advance towards him. Larry looked up and began flexing his muscle and spasmed letting out a heartwrenching scream. I saw his body writhe and bend into a large black wolf. The wolf howled and growled and jumped towards the cearb. The cearb fell down as Larry took Kieran neck into his mouth. He drugged him across the ground and through him across the field. Kieran got up agitated and let out a demonic growl. Kieran then ran towards Larry while Larry charged back at him. "I dont understand why dont he kill him" asked Brandon. "He's toying with him. He wants him to suffer"said Mike. Sandra saw Larry tustle with the cearb. Kieran then took his misshapen blade and stuck it on the side of Larry's side leg. Larry howled. Sandra cried out and her body began to distort to a shape of a gray wolf with large glowing eyes. The large gray wolf leaped and trodded over where Larry was. Larry’s muzzle was stained with purple blood of the cearb and snarling at him. Kieran held his neck and lifted up his misshapen blade and swung it at Larry’s head. Larry leaped up but missed grabbing the sword where the Cearb hit him on the side of his ear. Larry howled.Kieran lifted the sword again Sandra jumped and bit his arm dragging him to the ground. The cearb screamed again. As he tried to wrestle with the wolf Larry bit his foot and began dragging him all while Sandra had his arm in her mouth. Kieran writhed and howled as two wolves ripped his limb off. He managed to get up with rage in his eyes. He started to limp with his one remaining leg but he could not get far as Larry went for his throat and Sandra went for his leg as they pulled him apart. His body was completely torn with the spill of purple blood staining the ground. Everything went silent for a minute.Just then I loud horn sounded off.It was like a foghorn but it shook the earth where I had to cover my ears.”What is that” I cried out. “That is the sound of the hunt” said Hannah.Just then it was like every denizen of hell just came out of the woodwork literally. The sound of gunshots and artillery rattled the small house making the windows shatter. I got low on the ground as Hannah hovered over me covering herself. I was able to get a glimpse of what was happening outside and I saw other angels fighting these strange creatures that looked reptilian. They reminded me of gargoyles that I saw on some cathedrals. The things made these awful noises and had a mean disposition. I prayed that thing would not come near us. I saw Radziel who was shooting at what it looked like some type of undead zombified type of human that look that was snarling and charging at him. I could not believe it.There were zombies.They were dirty filthy looking I could not tell if some were human or something else. When shot their bodies spilled out blackish blood.I remember seeing one who still looked human but was decaying making it look less human.The sound of gunshots began getting louder and the sound of shouts,howls,and screams were caroling with the gunshots. I was in a warzone and I felt like was going to have a panic attack.My heart was beating out of my chest and had a feeling of dread and death enclosed on me. I was fearing for my life and for my boyfriend and his friends. Just when things could not get any worse the door was blasted open. I looked up and the sight of a ghoulish type of creature walked in searching the tiny shelter. He looked horrifying.It was the most scariest looking abomination of nature I have ever seen. It was like a mixture of the most terrifying reptiles and some type of mammal.He had goat legs and a reptilian body.It was a Lovecraftian looking monster that came to life staring right in the same room as me.And to make matters worse the thing had wings it had freaking wings…..
“Do you still have your gun” she asked me.
“Yes” I said in a faint whisper.My hand was shaking to get my gun.The thing did not see us but reached my glock and pulled back the trigger.It felt like the first time I had to use a gun.This was the very first time I had to shoot something. Never did I thought that my first shot would not even be a human being or animal but a demon from hell. The thing must have heard the trigger pulled and started to frown and hiss. It began to walk faster with its goat legs towards us but I managed to lift the gun and shoot at it. The thing started to scream as its blood squirted out of its malformed body.I may have shot him at least 3 times.It fell over on the ground limping and writhing as it died a few inches from the entrance way.I did not feel bad but relieved. I was still a nervous wreck wondering if we were safe in the small shelter. Radziel came into the house kicking the demon out of his way and hug me. His whole body was stained with blood of different colors with his wings wetted down. "Are you alright" he said embracing me."Yes" I said hugging his blood soaked body. "Here take this" Radziel said handing me another gun.'How many are there"said Hannah."I lost count. Im not just seeing ghouls but zombies and the children of Dana,"said Radziel."WHy are they here?THey never come to this realm why now"asked Hannah."They want a piece of the action,"said Radziel.I just listened on looking confused.Who or what was the children of Dana? Were they good or bad is what I pondered. Radziel gave me one last hug and kiss on my forehead as he rushed back outside to the chaos. I backed up where Hannah was looking from the windows and the now opened entrance way. "Who are the children of Dana,are they good?" I asked Hannah. "They are neutral,they only fight for themselvs,"said Hannah.
Sign up to rate and review this story