Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

Aim and shoot

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Gemma aims her gun.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2016-06-01 - 947 words - Complete

0Unrated
After Brandon sucked my blood from my wrist it felt numb and cold. I rubbed my wrist trying to get the blood circulating. “We should go out hunting for him. Maybe he's bluffing, ‘said Mike to Larry. "No he's coming. I can almost smell his stench from a mile away, “said Larry looking into the distance. The cold air had got to me. It was as if I had become anemic right after Brandon sucked my blood. Radziel held me closely while I was hugging myself struggling to stay warm. Everyone was still on their toes and I had felt a brisk wind breeze over us. It caught everyone's attention to look over the field to see Kieran holding a disheveled looking scared Sandra in his clutches. Everyone stood as if they were going to attack but Larry had walked over to get a better look. "Larry' shouted out Zachariel. Larry turned around and gave him a sympathetic look. “I have to do this Zach. She's part of my pack. I want to be a leader like you. I have to do this for the good of my pack she sacrificed herself for me I have to do the same for her" said Larry. "I see you come for your little friend eh wolf, “said Kieran with a slight hiss. " Give her back you filthy bastard. I killed all your punk ass friends and I’m going to do worst to you, “said Larry walking up to the cearb. “You can try. Try and see if you can strike me before I slice her throat dog, “Kieran hissed. Larry was about to go in for the kill until he stopped in his tracks. Larry looked around confused and faced us with a concern look in his eyes. Sandra looked on still struggling under the cearb's grip. What's going on why did he stop? Asked Hannah. Zachariel and the other angels were confused. “Oh, no I know what's going on, “said Balthazar. We should have known, but I guess he knew what he was doing. Coomara's eyes became dark and Herat looked away. “What is it," said Zachariel in a stern voice. “Every time there's a battle especially on upper earth between supes someone from earth…. have to start it “said Balthazar apologetically. It was the first time I had seen Balthazar sound so serious and a bit scared. “So now what? What is she going to do,” Ezekiel said to Zachariel while fixing his gaze on me?” What’s going on, “Larry shouted. Kieran chuckled forcing a stronger grip on Sandra that made her whimper. “Hold up Larry we got to do something first “said Balthazar. Larry looked over at the cearb not taking his eyes off him. I felt utterly terrified. Were they suggesting I would have fight the cearb? “Gemma do you still have your weapon, “asked Coomara in a soft voice. “Yes I do” I said grabbing the gun from the holster. “Yes, now aim and shoot, “said Coomara coolly. “Wait you want her to shoot the Cearb, asked Radziel. “No she has to shoot in the air that’s all. A mortal weapon cannot harm the cearb but, the blade and Larry’s rage maybe the only thing that can kill the cearb,” said Coomara. Everyone had looked at me and Radziel. It was a lot of weight on our shoulders. I was the only one who could only start off this supernatural battle while Radziel held a weapon that could kill another supernatural. “Ok I’ll do it, “I said with a slight stutter. “Wait, be careful ok? You’ve been through a lot and I just want to say that I love you Gemma more than anything in the celestial world and your world, “said Radziel while embracing me. “I love you too,” I said. Radziel then gave me a heartfelt kiss. I looked around and kind of blushed. I saw Zachariel and the other angels look on with apathetic expressions while Zachariel had a look on his face like a concerned dad. “Ok I’m going to do this” I said reassuring everyone. The wind began to pick up. I felt a bit eery and scared. The feeling literally bewitched me where I could feel the magical element surrounding me. I got a few feet away from Larry. “Gemma what are you doing, ‘asked Larry. “She has to start off this battle dog,” Kieran mocked. “Once she shoots off that weapon we can quarrel, “said Kieran. “I’m going to do this Larry, you want to count it off, “I asked him. “No do when you feel ready. I’m ready to kill this bastard whenever that gun sounds off, “said Larry. “Ok…ok I kept repeating to myself. I had shot guns before even bigger guns than the one I was currently holding. But this time felt like the first time. I was sounding off a gun to start off a battle. The wind became electric and my body grew numb. I lifted the gun in the air and was counting in my head. It was as if I transplanted myself into another realm. I could hear the wind echo and slight sibilant type whispers in the distance. I could not make out what they were saying but it became more clear. “Aim and shoot, aim and shoot, is what the voices were saying. Either I was losing my mind or it was all real. I was standing in a middle of a deserted field with a bunch on non-humans. I took a deep breath and pulled down my fingers on the trigger. Once the trigger went down BANG!
Sign up to rate and review this story