Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Perfect Places

Fighting

by Kirbywoww 0 reviews

Tensions are high when Draco and Rose have an awkward encounter. Ginny and Harry have a disagreement.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2017-07-27 - 1828 words

0Unrated
Okay, so here is the last chapter from my teenaged self! I'm posting a few from the get-go so that everyone will have some time to indulge in the story. I'm going to post two more chapters after this today (both of those chapters will be chapters written when I'm now 25).

I really hope you guys enjoy this! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter Two
Fighting

Ginny could not stay focused on the paper in front of her. In fact, she couldn't stay focused on anything. Her mind always wandered back to the same silver eyes she had to spend all night with three weeks ago. Since then nothing made sense anymore. She didn't know what she wanted to do with the war, she didn't know what she thought of Malfoy, and she certainly didn't know why she was even thinking of Malfoy. She still disliked him with a strong passion, and she didn't want anything to do with him, but now she no longer thought he was such a brutal killer that Harry lead him on to be. Maybe, deep, deep, down he wasn't so bad?

"Ginny! There you are!" Harry's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "We have been looking all over for you!"

"Why? What do you need?" Ginny asked, sounding slightly annoyed. It seemed Harry was always hovering around her lately. Whenever she got an hour or two of homework time, or simply alone time, he would be there.

"Is it a crime to want to spend time with you?" he chuckled, smiling sweetly. Suddenly all her annoyance washed away, and she was lost in his dazzling green eyes.

"Of course not." She said, and leaned her head on his chest, breathing in his scent.

"So, what's up, Gin? You've seemed so distant since the last time I had to leave?" He asked. Even though Ginny wasn't looking at him, she knew he had a look a look of concern printed on his face.

Ginny sighed. She didn’t have that good of a reason for being distant besides her anxiety of confronting him about joining in the war. "I want to go with you. I want to help."

"What?" Harry shifted his position, so he could look at Ginny clearly, "That's impossible. That can't happen."

"What, why?" Ginny looked up at him, crossing her arms.

"You'll get hurt! It's horrible out there!"

"Oh, and you're perfectly fine out there?" Ginny was now standing, and her face was turning red, "Harry Potter, do you have any idea how hard it is staying here when you're out there? At least when I'm there with you, I'll have a faint idea on whether you're dead or alive!"

"I'm sorry, Ginny, I can't let you go out there." He tried staying calm, but even his face was turning crimson slowly.

"Why? Is it because I'm weak? Because I'm just a little girl?" She was shouting now. How dare Harry decide what's best for her? He had no right!

Harry looked down at his feet, "It's not that you're weak, it's just-"

"Just what?" Ginny's voice was dripping with venom. Harry was digging himself deeper and deeper.

"You're not as strong as all of us…" Harry mumbled.

"Well, you're wrong." Ginny glared at him. Even though she was so much smaller then Harry, at that moment she intimidating him more than she ever had. "I'm going whether you like it or not." And with that she turned and stormed out of the common room.

She was fuming, never had she been so mad at Harry. How dare he call her weak? After everything that happened to her in her first year, after she helped him fight off the death eaters in the Department of Mysteries, he had the nerve to call her 'not as strong as them'!

She was walking so fast; she didn't even notice the person directly in front of her. With a huge thud, she was knocked on the floor.

"Damnit." she groaned, rubbing her head. She could already feel a bump forming on the back of her head already. This was turning into a very bad day.

"Wow, Weasley, learn to watch where you're walking," Okay, now it had been an official bad day.

"Malloy?" She asked, sounding dazed.

"Malfoy, actually, but close enough," He rolled his eyes, "Are you going to get up or not?"

"No."

"Why?" He looked down on her, and smirked. Her face was almost as red as her hair, it looked as though she was just freaking out at someone.

"I'm thinking. Can you just please leave me alone?"

"You're thinking on the floor, in the middle of the hall?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow,

"Are you okay?".

"I'm perfectly fine!" She finally sat up, "See? I'm sitting. Why would it matter to you anyways?"

"The teachers are constantly looking down my back. If someone dies while I'm in the area, they'd have my neck." He smirked.

"I'm not sure if I should take that as a joke or not…" Ginny chuckled, and stood up.

"Take it however you like," he said lazily, shoving his hands in his pockets, "Watch where you're going next time, Weasley."

"Yeah, you too." She watched him walk down the hall, and suddenly her cheeks flushed. Was Malfoy joking with her? And was he concerned about how she was? All these questions fluttered through her mind as he turned the corner. She almost forgot why she was mad in the first place, but then it all came back to her.

She continued storming down the halls, cursing at every living thing that moved. She was going to prove she was not weak, no matter what it took.

Draco strode down the hall, smirking. For some reason, he felt larger than life that day and he had no idea why. Maybe it was because his little chat with the little Weasley made him feel good? No, that couldn't be it. That would be physically impossible. She made him feel nothing, and if she did, it would be disgust. And yet, he could not get those huge brown eyes off his mind.

As he walked down the dungeon all the first grade Slytherins almost cowered at the sight of him. Not only was he Mister Popular, but he was also a murderer in most of the student body's minds. Oh, how ignorant they all are, He thought, however he could use it to his advantage. He stopped walking abruptly and looked over at the side of the wall where a girl, who could be no older than twelve, was leaning against it. The minute he stopped and stared at her, her face turned shocked and scared. He was sure that if he made any sudden movements she would scream and run away.

"Where is Rose?" He asked harshly, and the girl winced.

"I-In the common room" She stuttered.

"Good." He said, and just as the girl was about to scamper away, he stopped her, "What's your name?"

"Chloe, Chloe Beils" She said very quickly, her stringy black hair fell into her face.

"Thank you, Chloe." Draco said, kindly. She nodded quickly and ran off. He was sure she would go to all her friends telling them how Draco Malfoy talked to them. He didn't think it was much of an honor, even he thought he wasn't all that.

He walked into the common room, and sure enough Rose was lying on the couch. Her long legs were barely covered by the grey skirt she was wearing, and the shirt she was wearing went far too low. Even though he was a Malfoy, he wished just once she could wear something that actually covered most of her. It always made things so much more awkward when you're eyes subconsciously droop down too her chest. However, Rose loved it when people would look at her, she found it flattering. Draco found it annoying.

He sat down beside her, and looked at her. She must have been in a deep sleep, because she didn't even stir in the slightest. He got off the couch, knelt beside her face, and brushed the hair away from her face. He lightly brushed his lips against her lips, and she started to move. Her eyes fluttered open, and she smiled. Draco loved her when she was just waking up. She didn't have her stupid act on, and she didn't feel the need to impress.

"Hey" Draco whispered

"Hello" She said, "I didn't see you today. Where were you?"

"Oh, you know…here and there," He answered, and she nodded.

She ran a hand through his blonde hair and kissed him. Before Draco knew it, he was on the couch and she was in his lap. They didn't care that they were in the middle of the common room, Draco just cared about being with Rose right then. This was their time. It was the only time he wanted to be with her. Suddenly, in the middle of this moment, Ginny's face replaced Rose's. Rose's hair was no longer brown, bur had turned into crimson red. He pulled away quickly and gawked at Rose. Or, Ginny-Rose.

"What's wrong Draco?" Ginny-Rose stood up and traced his collar bone with her finger, "You know you want me" She pulled his face so close to her he could smell her perfume. It smelled sweet, like flowers and honey.

"Ohh…Weasley…" Draco moaned, and just as his lips were about to meet Ginny-Rose's, a hard blow hit him across his face. Suddenly, Ginny-Rose was gone, and it was just Rose. His mouth hung open, and Rose seemed furious.

"What-did-you-say?" Her temper was rising, and Draco thought that at that very moment she was about to explode.

"I said…" His face was full of fear now. If Draco wasn't the scariest seventh grader, then Rose certainly was.

"Keep talking, Malfoy." Her face was now fully red. It didn't look cute though, like Weasley did, it doesn’t suit Rose. Shoot! Weasley's back in my mind again! He mentally kicked himself, and tried to think of an excuse. What the hell rhymed with Weasley?

"I said…I said…Oui Oui!" Draco's face lit up at his idea.

"Oui Oui?" Rose asked doubtfully, raising an eyebrow.

"Oui Oui!" He said seductively, with a fake French accent. He wrapped his arms around her waist, "Cat's out of the bag, love. I wanted to surprise you, but I couldn't keep it in any longer. We're going to Paris."

She spun around, a huge smile growing on her face, "PARIS?" she squealed, "Are you serious?" Draco nodded. All he had to do was send a letter to some "people" and he could be shipped off to Paris any moment. Rose threw herself on Draco, "Ohhh, just wait until I tell everyone! I love you!"

"Yeah…you too!" Draco laughed, and put on a fake smile. She could be so dense sometimes…



Sign up to rate and review this story