Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Human Interest

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hisoka finally calms the next soul down and her back story is revealed.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka - Published: 2017-09-14 - 607 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten: Human Interest:

-Sumiko-

I used to be loved.

Most girls dream of being a star. I got that chance at age eight. Mama enrolled me into an "idol" school. She wanted me to be a star. I went along with it to make her happy. To be honest, the school was kind of fun. I got to sing, dance, and make friends. I ended up top of my class. But something changed in Mama.

-Present Day-

She looked around at the crowds in the streets.

"Help!" she screamed. "Help! Some weird people are chasing me! Please help me!" Nobody said a word or even looked at her.

"Hey!" she yelled. "Hey!" She reached out for a middle-aged salaryman, but her hand went through his shoulder. She jumped back, screaming.

"There is no point," a voice said. She turned around. Hisoka walked up to her. She shook her head.

"No…" she said.

"I'm sorry," the shinigami said. She began to tremble. Hisoka reached out to her.

"There she is!" another voice shouted. Hisoka and the girl looked up to see one of the bounty hunters pointing at them. She backed away as the color drained from her face.

"Leave me alone!" the girl screamed. She tried to run, but Hisoka grabbed her wrist.

"Let me go!" she screamed. "Let me go!" Hisoka took off running down the street.

-Sumiko-

I thought I was lucky. I had many fans. Some of them became my friends. Every day, I received many gifts. My room was covered in flowers, sweets, and teddy bears. I loved to sing and dance. It felt like a dream.

But Mama changed.

She used to be humble and so happy. I think the money got to her head. Mama tried to control every part of my life. She chased away my friends. All my gifts and fan mail had to go through her first. I didn't have time for hobbies or a normal life. Mama stopped seeing me as her daughter. I became her piggy bank.

-Present Day-

Hisoka and the target ran through the crowded streets. She kept fighting him off. The shinigami wouldn't let up, however.

"Will you just stop?" he asked.

"No!" she shouted. "Let me go! Let me go!" Hisoka gritted his teeth.

"Sumiko, shut up!" he shouted. The girl froze. Hisoka looked into her eyes.

"I know what your mother put you through," he said. "She lost her way and who she was." Sumiko stepped backwards.

"I just wanted her to stop," she said. "Singing wasn't fun anymore. I wanted to quit so much. But…"

"She wouldn't let you?" Hisoka asked. Sumiko nodded once. He took her by the hands.

"What did you hope to gain through suicide?" he asked. She shook her head.

"Freedom. And peace of mind," Sumiko whimpered.

"And you think lingering around here will give you all of that?" he asked. She froze and lowered her eyes.

"You can end it now," Hisoka said.

"But…" she said.

"Got you!" a voice shouted. Sumiko and Hisoka looked up. The three hunters ran towards them. The girl closed her eyes.

"Take me," she said.

"Very well," Hisoka said. He placed two fingers to her forehead. Sumiko disappeared as the hunters got closer. The shinigami dropped his shoulders and sighed.

-Sumiko-

I used to be loved. And now, I have freedom and peace I had before I became famous. Thank you, shinigami-san. I'm sorry, Mama. I only wished you could've gone back to the way you were before I was famous. Maybe you'll change back now. I wish you well. Goodbye.

Ten more souls left.

The hunters remain.
Sign up to rate and review this story