Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Don't Judge On What You See

Chapter Two - The Sorting

by mmaredding-chase07 2 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2017-09-15 - Updated: 2017-09-22 - 1389 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two - The Sorting

Reece

Of course, I was the one who fell in the lake. I mean, of all things, I kind of should have seen that coming, but really?

Our parents were both at work, so Reyna took us to Kings Cross, leaving Ryan at home with Grandma. Reyna pushed me onto the platform first, then walk on after me. Then she left, leaving me to my own devices with my trunk and cat, Senor FuzzyButt. I got him in Spain. I hauled my trunk onto the train and just kind of stood there. I had no clue where to find any of the people that I knew, and Reyna would kill me if I tried to talk with her. I decided to keep walking, maybe then I would at least look like I knew what I was doing. I determinedly march right into someone, knocking both of us over.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Are you okay? I am so-o-o sorry! I didn't see you there, and suddenly I hit you and-" I shook my head and looked at the person who had been talking to me. She was short, but as far as height went, everyone looked small to me. I stood and offered her a hand up. She took it, still babbling an apology, a blush fiercely burning her face.

"Hey, hey, hey," I interrupted her rambling. "No harm, no foul, right? Are you O.K.? She nodded quickly.

"Oh yes, I'm fine," She brushed her long brown hair out of her eyes. The girl looked like she was about to apologize again, but I held up my hands to stop her.

"Don't ramble!" I cried, helping her pick up her trunk.

"Oh, was I rambling? Sorry! I do that a lot and I just-" I raised my eyebrows and she stopped. "I'm doing it again, aren't I?" she asked, her big, brown, childlike eyes looking at the ground. I nodded and grinned.

"Let's start this over. Hi, I'm Reece Caollaidhe. What your name?" The girl's blush started to recede, shown thousands of freckles. Her adorable, innocent looking little self almost made me want to give her a big hug and protect her from everything in the world. She looked like a human baby seal, but skinny and human.

"I'm Anna O'Kpealain. Hi!" Anna gave a small wave. I decided that I wanted to be her friend. "Are you a 1st year too?" Anna asked, picking up her trunk.

"Yeah," I said, grabbing my own trunk. "Want to sit together?" Anna nodded. We began to walk down the corridor, talking.
"I don't know anyone here...I'm a muggle-born, you see." She told me, that adorable blush reappearing. I beamed at her and the two of us walked together to find an empty compartment. We found one, sat down, and started talking. Anna is a weird kind of a muggle-born, cause her mom is a squib, but her dad is a muggle. She has two older brothers and a twin sister, all were muggles, and a little brother, who is believed to be a wizard, and a cat. The cat's name is Jared. Jared is a beautiful little thing. He was made by the gods. Jared the cat. I love that cat so much. Anyway, so we sat in our compartment, ate candy, changed into our robes, and talked for what seemed like forever.

Finally, the train arrived. We climbed off the train and made our way over to a huge man, who was calling: "First years! First years, over here! Hey, Harry! Over here. First years!" He led us to a lake, with several boats. I got into the boat with Anna and some Asian girl with a black pixie cut. She had this cool earring that wrapped around the top of her ear and drew fancy designs over the top part. Her other ear just a classic small dot earring, but it was equally as awesome. She didn’t say much. Maybe she was nervous.

After we took off in the lake, I don't remember much, but there might have been an accident with the giant squid. Anna got scared, and I, naturally, decided to save her. So, I challenged the squid and the big stupid fish knocked me into the lake. After I fell in, the two of us battled to the death. Well, not really. I kind of figured out just how cold the water was, which is very, very, very cold, and just how full my bladder was, cause I peed myself in fright. The squid actually just put me back in the boat. But saying that we battled to the death sounds so much cooler, right? Anyway, we then got to Hogwarts, got was given a towel, which I bravely turned down. I had already decided that I wanted to wear my battle stains with pride. Even the water. Even the pee (I mean, at this point, you couldn’t really tell that I peed, but no matter).

We came out of the small closet that they had shoved us into and made us walk in a line into the Great Hall. It was just as Reyna had described it, only better. From the candles to the ceiling, it was magical. Professor McGonagall stood in front of our line, leading us to the front of the hall. I saw Reyna over at the Ravenclaw table next to a tall boy, a friend of hers that I saw over the Summer, I think his name is William or something. I waved to her, but I don't think she saw me. The William boy saw me though and waved with a friendly smile. I flung water over the table of students next to me as I waved even more. I knew I always liked him.

Anna looked really nervous, but I didn't. I'm not one to easily get scared (unless I'm against an unexpected giant octopus). The girl from the boat was also in the line with us, and she looked like she wasn't quite sure on how to react. McGonagall started calling all of us up, in ABC order. Nichole was one of the first to be called. She was right after some girl named "Sionnach, Gweneviere!" who is a Slytherin. "De Assis, Nichole!" "Ravenclaw!" The hat had barely even touched her head. Soon, I was next. "Caollaidhe, Reece!" I hurried up to the stool and put the hat on my head.

"Oh, my, my, my...aren't you an easy one..." Muttered a little voice in my ear. I wondered if everyone heard the little voice whenever they put on the hat too. People don't tend to mention the moments of their sorting.

"You're smart, I bet you'll get good grades, but not suited for Ravenclaw. You aren't very sly or cunning, which are the traits of a Slytherin, but you'll be a wonderful leader. As for Hufflepuff, you are very loyal, and highly protective of your friends, even though you are definitely not patient. You're a reckless one, aren't you? Yes, yes, and you are very proud, plus rather brave. I think you'd do best in" The voice seemed to erupt through the hall. "Gryffindor!"

I pulled off the strange hat and ran off to the roaring table. As I sat down, I glanced toward the Ravenclaw table again and saw Nichole waving at me. I waved back very enthusiastically, almost decapitating the poor, cute, Scottish boy next to me. I believe his name was Seamus. And guess what? HARRY POTTER. The Harry Potter was a Gryffindor too! That is so cool!

After a while, I had made several new friends. Their names are Hermione, Lavender, Fred, George, Parvati, Oliver, Ron, Dean, Seamus, Harry, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, Theodore, and Percy. Most were first years like me, but Katie is a second year; Fred and George (They're twins), Angelina, and Alicia are third years; and Oliver and Percy are both fifth years, which is pretty cool. I love making friends, even with Percy, who did not seem to happy to have to talk to other "lower class-men". Well, don't be a butthole, my friend. Speaking of Percy, we soon started to head upstairs to go to bed. Finally.

I'm exhausted. Giant Squids do that to you, I think.
Sign up to rate and review this story