Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Don't Judge On What You See

Chapter Three - Dorms and Sleep

by mmaredding-chase07 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2017-09-22 - Updated: 2018-01-07 - 1219 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three - The Dorms and Sleep

Nichole


"Ravenclaw!" declared the hat on my head. It was an extraordinary hat, even if it was kind of pointless. What was wrong with a nice three-hour exam and getting based off of that. I mean, I know that I would have still gotten Ravenclaw, but still. I sometimes like exams. They calm me. I made my way over to the blue and bronze table. I was the first of the first years to be sorted over here, and I was glad that maybe I could get some sage advice before any other students joined us.

I ended up sitting next to a brown-haired girl. As I found out, her name is Reyna, and she has a younger sister who's a first year as well. It turned out to be Reece, the overly friendly one who jumped in the lake. The boy next to Reyna also had a sister in the first year, named Genevieve, and she was in Slytherin. When he didn't seem to mind that his sister was in the supposed house of evil, I questioned him.

"Slytherins aren't evil," He told me, "They just don't always do things the way the rest of us do. Besides, I'm just glad that she didn't go into Gryffindor. Our mother would disown her." I raised my eyebrows, and Reyna mouthed "Pureblood prick." with a goofy look on her face. I smirked slightly, deciding not to mention that I was a pureblood too.

After the feast was over, I followed one of the prefects upstairs, along with the other first years. I had decided that I wanted to be a prefect, it might look good on a resume. At our dorms, they explained the password. Just solve a riddle. Sounded easy enough.

"How many of each species did Noah take on the Ark?"

"The Israelites!" declared a first year. Anthony Goldstein, if I remember correctly. A wave of giggles rippled through the crowd.

"Noah, not Moses." Corrected a prefect sternly.

“Two of each species,” I called. Some of the people who were actually trying to solve the riddle stared at me as the door swung open. I just shrugged at them. My mother had always had a thing about muggle religions.

We walked in and boys separated from girls, going up their side of the dorms. I found my dorm and looked around. The four-poster beds were nice enough. I picked the one on the far end of the dorms, so that it wasn't next to the door, nor in direct view, so if said murderer came in, I wouldn't be the first to die. Four more girls that I recognized from the sorting came in. Mandy Brocklehurst, Lisa Turpin, Padma Patil, and Marietta Edgecombe. Ugh, humans. This would be fun. Mandy and Lisa seem O.K., they wanted to go to bed. Padma and Marietta on the other hand, they wanted to stay up and play games. I agreed with Mandy and Lisa, and the three of us went to sleep. I closed my curtains, and passed out almost immediately.

~~~~~~~

Genevieve


We got to the Slytherin common rooms, and I was more than happy. All of us from the train ended up in Slytherin! The password was said (Dragon's Breath) and we walked in. Everything was green, partially from the lake water, and silver. It was beautiful. Blaise twirled me around and held me to his chest, looking down at me. I was laughing quietly, and he was grinning.

"Look who's glad to be here!" Pansy beamed, jumping up and down next to me. I giggled and let her pull me into a hug. "And, we're in the same dorm!" She squealed, hopping around. I jumped with her and we hurried up the stairs. We got into the room and I jumped on a bed. Pansy claimed the one next to me. Almost immediately, three other girls bounded in.

"Hi!" one said breathlessly. "I'm Milly Bulstrode!" I waved.

"Peregrine Derrick!" announced another, bouncing onto a bed.

"Harper Vaisey," said the third girl a little quieter. They all seemed very nice, Harper was the shiest out of all of them. She was also on the bed to my left, and Pansy was to my right. Then Milly took the bed on the other side of Pansy. Peregrine was next to Milly, and all of us were happy. We basically ran, jumped, chattered (Harper and I mostly listened), and ate food (provided by Peregrine who had more than enough food hidden in her trunk). We talked until about 2 in the morning when a prefect came in and told us to pipe down.

After that, only me and Harper remained up, talking some more. She was pretty great. The two of us finally decided to go to sleep after Milly threw a pillow at us.

~~~~~~~

Reece


I followed my new friend Percy along with some of my other friends up to the Gryffindor Tower. I mainly walked with Ron and Harry. Harry didn't know a whole lot about wizards, so I helped Ron fill him in some more. Ron was teaching our young apprentice well. I told them about my family, and about my new friend Anna. Ron said that I was very friendly, and that he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. I told him that my father had always said that I never met a stranger. They found that funny for some reason. When we got up to the tower, we met Peeves. I almost got hit with a flying cane, but I grabbed it out of the air and threw it at the poltergeist. He and the Weasley twins seemed to think that it was hilarious, maybe because of how flustered Percy looked, which was very entertaining.

The fat lady was, well, fat. They named her well. She wouldn't give me a high five, but her friend Violet did. The twins, who were now walking next to me, found this even funnier.

Anyway, I headed up to my dorm, which I was happy to find was filled with my friends! Hermione, Parvati, Lavender, and Natalie all chose their beds, and I got the one in the middle! It's the best place to sit and talk to everyone. Hermione is super smart, plus she reads a lot her entire suitcase is almost packed with books. Lavender seems like she will be a good ally. She already knows all of the gossip about everyone! Parvati is quieter, but she has a twin and the two of them cause all kinds of trouble. Her sister is in Ravenclaw, apparently because she is the "brains of the operation". She still seems pretty awesome. Natalie didn't let me get to know her much, due to the fact that she walked in, chose her bed, changed, pulled the curtains and fell fast asleep. After a while of talking, a prefect came in and told us to shut up. We just kind of whispered with the lights off after that. Soon, Hermione and Lavender dropped off to sleep. It was just Parvati and I chatting away about anything that came to mind. Around midnight, both of us bid each other good night and fell asleep. I was ready for a full day of classes tomorrow.
Sign up to rate and review this story