Categories > Original > Drama > The 7 Sins

The 7 Sins

by funkyfood4 0 reviews

Victoria's world is turned upside down when she falls for the officer that arrested her. Can her true love and 6 siblings get through it? *sorry for the ducky summary, just read it I think it's pre...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2017-09-18 - 1665 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 1

I slowly cart my way through the racks of clothes at Target.

I take a bra and pretend to check the price, then throw it in my empty cart.

I cart my way around the women's clothing until I find it, a Hadaki bag.

I check the price $60.00.

I throw that in along with a few shirts and pants. I make my way to the dressing rooms, I grab my bundle of clothing and stuff the bag in the middle of the pile in my arms.

I casually scurry off into a cubical and lock the door.

I take out my pocket knife and get the scissors part out. I start cutting barcodes and anti-theft tags like a mad-woman.

I slip the bra on over my previous one and button my camp shirt back on.

I sling the bag on my shoulder and unlock the dressing room, taking the shirts with me and throwing them back in my cart.

I take the cart and leave it in an aisle.

I proceed to the exit, my heart beating. I've done this a million times but I still do get a bit anxious before I get through the sensors.

The automatic doors open and I walk through, the alarm doesn't go off.

I make my way to the curb and call for an Uber.

They come pick me up and within minutes I'm at my family's penthouse.

I make my way through the lobby to our private elevator, it dings and I exit into our penthouse.

I set my grubby jacket on the table by the door.

Everything is white and gray, white walls, light pine flooring, white couch, white chairs, gray throw pillows, and of course the huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall.

I sprint up the stairs of our 16 room apartment, not including everyone's private bathroom of course.

I enter my room, the one the farthest down the hall.

My room is a mixture of turquoise and white.

White couch, white walls, but a beautiful turquoise bead spread on my king-sized bed.

I go to my walk in closet and hang my bag by all the others I have.

I decide to change for dinner into my turquoise evening gown.

I exit my closet and sit at my desk to plan my next lifting trip.

I hear I knock at my door,
"Come in." I call to the door.

One of our many maids, Rosalina, enters my room.

"Your mother told me to tell you to come down to the dining room." Rosalina says.

I smile,
"Thank you, I'll be down in a moment."

She nods and closes the door.



Dinner is dead silent, as usual.

My father and mother sit on opposite ends of the long table.

My brother Lukas is the oldest, he has the blonde hair and good looks I'm told that father once had. Before he worked himself to near- death.

Lukas sits on my father's right side, father is teaching Lukas, who is now 24 all the tricks of trade in the stock market.

The second oldest child is my sister, Lydia. She's blonde, just like mother. Lydia is 21, party girl if you ask me. Lydia is currently attending NYCU. The only reason she got in is because father grew up with one of the board of directors.

Next to Lydia is Sam, my twin brother. Sam shares the same tab skin and light brown hair as me. Sam is about 10 minutes younger than me. He is different than our parents he is kind and giving. Definitely not cut out for the family business.

Next to Sam is me, now I'm really nothing so special, I'm just an average 17 year old girl. Who's parents happen to be billionaires.

Next to me is my mother, my mother is mean. She isn't cruel or angry. She is mean. And she's blonde, if you're wondering about her appearance.

On mother's left is my sister Kathy. Kathy is kind. She is always so good to people, her hair is red. Which is a bit crazy but mother said that her great great great whatever was a red head too. Kathy is probably the nicest 15 year old you'll ever meet.

Next to Kathy is my youngest sister, Rita. Rita has blonde hair, Rita is so innocent, well she is just only 5.

Right next to Rita is my older sister, Taylor, Taylor has dark brown hair unlike everyone in our family, she is 19 and also attending NYCU, but unlike Lydia, she actually got in on her brains.

The screech of my father's knife cutting into his steak makes my spine shiver.

Everyone is quite and they almost even look sad.

I decide to break the silence,
"So Rita, are you exited a bought your first day of school next month?" I ask my young sister.

"Yep! I'm gonna make lots of friends!" Rita says.

My siblings and mother smile, and I almost think I see a slight one on the face of my father.

We finish the rest of our meal in silence, afterwards I go up to my room and get ready for a much needed sleep.

I lay in silence in the dark of my room. Trying to sleep.

I wish my family was a bit more of a...family. Well I guess we could have it worse, my father is worth 7 billion dollars and my mother is worth 3.6 billion. So when my parents die we each get about 1.5 billion.

And I think that's pretty damn good.


I awake to sun shining into my room.

I go through my closet to my bathroom and brush my teeth.

I decide to take a shower and go down to breakfast afterwards.

I cannot believe summer is almost done, it's been cool and rainy these past couple weeks, I hate everything, except shoplifting. And almost all my siblings. And I like when it's cool and wet and snowy.

I'm kinda odd.

I know you'd think I'm like one of those popular girls, like Lydia. But I'm not. I have a group of friends, no one hates me, ok not the most popular one but I'm the funny kid so no one bullies me.

Life is ok I guess. Everything is fine.

Not great, just fine.


I finish my shower and throw on some jeggings, my All Stars and my long sleeved gray shirt.


I go down the stairs to find my younger sister, Kathy sitting alone at the dinner table.

"Hi, Victoria."

I finish my journey down the steps and reply.

"Hey Kathy, where is everyone?" I ask as I sit down at the table as well.

"Oh, Mom left to her yoga class, Lydia is probably at a bar, Taylor is shopping with friends, Rita is at ballet, Dad and Lukas had some meeting, and guess what Sam is doing?!"

"What?" I ask as I take an apple from the bowl in the table.

"He's with a girl!" She says enthusiastically.

I drop the apple from my mouth.

"For real?!"

"Yeah! I asked him where is was going and he said nowhere so I look out the window when he left and he left with a girl! Probably from one of the other apartments!"

"That's great!" I say to her.

Sam is a bit... socially awkward... I don't think he'd have any friends if he wasn't mine and Kathy's brother.

"You wanna hangout today at home ?" Kathy asks.

I smile,
"I'd love to."


Kathy and I spent the rest of the day eating and binge watching Netflix, during the morning my mother returned with Rita, then came Taylor who had to pull a drunk Lydia out of a bar. And then Sam.

Who was blushing and had his shirt buttoned on the wrong holes.

Kathy and I smirk at each other and we both go sprint up the stairs after him. We finally reach his room which is next to mine, before he has a chance to close the door we barge in and he stumbles over falling on the leather couch.

"So..." I start.

"Hi..." he says nervously.

"So are all the boys wearing their shirts like this now?" I ask him.

He looks down at his shirt,
"Um-uhhh I was trying on clothes at the mall!" He replies.

"Where are all those clothes that you tried on then?" Asks Kathy.

We wait a few seconds until he finally speaks.

"Fine I was with a girl."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Sarah, she lives a few floors down, her dad made software for Microsoft once and made billions."

"What where you doing with Sarah?..." I ask him with a slight smile.

"We um- I lost my um...we hooked up in my car after we saw a movie." He replies sheepishly.

Kathy and I squeal in unison.

Just then Taylor comes sprinting down the hall into Sam's room.


"Hurry! It's about Dad's work!" We follow her down the hall down the stairs.

There is my dad.

Sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

I start to approach him slowly.
"Dad?" I ask.

He looks up at Kathy, Sam, Taylor and me.

"Hey kids..." he says.

He returns his head to his hands.

"Daddy?" A quite voice says.

We all look to the kitchen door to find Rita, innocent Rita.

She walks toward our father.

"What's wrong Daddy?" She asks him as she puts a petite hand on his shoulder.

He smiles at her.

"Oh nothing Sweet Pea. You just go to your room and play, ok?"

"Ok Daddy!" The small child runs up the stairs to her room.

Dad used to call me Sweet Pea. He probably thinks I don't remember since he stopped when I was younger than Rita.

Once I can't hear Rita's footsteps I speak,
"Dad, what's going on?"

"The stocks went down today, I lost a bit."

"How much?" I ask, my tone almost angry.

"A lot..."

"How much?!!!" I scream at him.

"400 million..." he replies.
Sign up to rate and review this story