Categories > Original > Drama > The 7 Sins

Busted

by funkyfood4 0 reviews

Wow already 23 readers! Thank you everyone.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-09-19 - 653 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 2

"You lost almost half a billion in a day?!" Kathy yells.

"I'm sorry Honey..." my father tells her.

Sam looks at my sister and I.

"Oh come on! Dad was just doing his job! A man's got to do what a man's got to do." Sam says.

I roll my eyes and say,
"Oh yeah, like you had to 'do' Sarah today."

Sam goes red.

My dad lifts his head up, his eyes wide.

"What? Sam aren't you a virgin?" Taylor asks, surprised.

"Not anymore." Kathy mumbles.

My dad holds up his hands,
"Wait, who is this Sarah girl?"

"She lives a few floors down, her dad made some software or something for Microsoft." I say to him.

Sam, finally starting to get over his embarrassment. He finally speaks.
"But you can make the money back, right Dad?" Sam asks.

"I don't know, I didn't make all our money. Some of it was your grandparents and I inherited it."

"Well it's not like we're broke or anything..." Kathy adds in.

"Just no big purchases for a while, ok?" My father tells us as he start his way up the stairs, probably to his bedroom.

I look to my siblings.
"Tomorrow is another day..."




The next day I find myself sitting in an interrogation room hand cuffed to a table.

A man walks in, he's young. Early twenties I'm guessing. His face is cold and serious. His hair is short, but not a military cut.

He takes a seat in the chair across from me.

He takes out a folder, probably my file and takes a look at it.

"Victoria Hawthorn." He states.

"Busted for shoplifting 5,000 dollars worth of designer sunglasses. Daughter of George and Alana Hawthorn."

He looks me straight in the the eye, I glare at him right back

"Now why would a pretty rich girl be stealing from a third rate mall on a Friday night?"

I sit up and lean across the table until my face is inches from his,
"I don't know, why would she? Officer."

I lean back and take my seat once more.

A few minutes later another officer takes me to a cell.

It's cold, the lights are fluorescent and the metal bench attached to the wall is hard.

About an hour later of sitting on the bench I hear voices coming from the hall.

I lift my head without getting off the bench.

Then my mother and my suit clad father burst into the cell area.

The young officer that interrogated me try's to reason with my frantic, dramatic mother that is actually acting like she cares about me.

She looks around the room at all the people in the other cells until she spots me.

"Oh! My poor baby." She runs to me, the young officer try's to talk to her.

I get up from my place on the bench and make my way to my cell door.

My mother comes over and try's to touch me, I pull away.

"Oh! My baby!" My mother says to me.

I roll my eyes,
"Oh please, you haven't given a damn about me since I got caught smoking at school in 8th grade."

"Oh honey, don't say that."

I turn to my father,
"Could you just leave me here a couple nights, please."


"Victoria Catherine Hawthorn! You are going with us now!" My father yells.

The young officer unlocks my cell and lets me out to my parents.

I sneak a peek at his name tag, Officer Godfrey.

Officer Godfrey hands my father some paperwork,
"We will expect you in court on August 11th." He continues talking to my father and then sends us on our way.

When we get home my siblings are waiting in the living room, and as always Lydia looks high as a kite.

I look at the faces of my disappointed siblings, I run up to my room and cry.
Sign up to rate and review this story