Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

2.3

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-23 - 4763 words - Complete

0Unrated
(2.3)

XXXXXXXXXX

"/So Sasuke-kun, you're not perfect after all."/

They had moved to the garden gazebo.

A white haired male, wearing glasses, brought them tea. He sort of looked like a butler with his formal white button-down shirt and black slacks.

"Thank you Kabuto-kun.", said Orochimaru.

After he had served everyone their tea, the man called Kabuto returned to the house.

Orochimaru took a sip of his tea then turned to Sakura. "So what did you want to suggest?"

"I was wondering if you could lessen Sasuke-kun's work hours?", asked Sakura.

"Sakura-" Sasuke tried to tell her something but she spoke again.

"Sasuke-kun can't keep going on like this. He can't work long hours through the night and attend school during the day. To be honest, I want him to just quit his job and focus on his studies for his own sake..." Sakura looked at Sasuke. "...as well as mine.

But for some reason, Sasuke needs to work for his money. And if he quits working, he's going to be in trouble isn't he?"

Orochimaru nodded.

"So, I would like to propose to have his work hours lessened instead. From now on, have Sasuke-kun work only for his allowance please."

"I understand. But what of his rent?" wondered Orochimaru.

"About that, I wish to ask you to hold off on collecting Sasuke's rent, at least until the end of August."

Sasuke and Karin weren't sure where she was going with this.

Orochimaru however maintained his smile. He glanced at Sasuke and took a moment to drink his tea before he spoke again. "I presume you have a way to settle this would-be-debt by then."

"Yes.", she stated. She stood up and placed her right hand on her chest. "I will work for you during the summer vacation to help pay for it."

Karin looked at Sakura. She smiled and nodded to herself. "Then, me too! I'll work for you during the summer vacation as well. … For Sasuke-kun's sake."

Sasuke could only stare at the two of them in surprised.

"Summer huh?", Orochimaru pondered as he looked at Sasuke again. After careful consideration he gave Sakura his answer.

"Very well. /IF/... Sasuke-kun is okay with having the two of you work to pay off his supposed debt for him, that is."

The two girls looked at Sasuke. He didn't look pleased with the idea.

"I can't have the two of you do that for me.", he said.

"Sasuke-kun!", Sakura made him look at her. "You know very well that I will do what I want to do. Even if you don't like it, I will work for Orochimaru-san during the summer vacation. Whether or not I will have worked there for nothing is up to you!"

"Oi!..." Sasuke tried to make a protest.

"As your future wife, I am entitled to support you anyway I can. Just pay me back with tender love and care when we get married, okay?", Karin smiled at him.

Sasuke was overwhelmed by the two and sighed in defeat. "Fine. I guess I'll help out during the summer vacation as well. I can't have you two take on my 'would-be-debt/'/ on your own, although it's thanks to your suggestion that I will be having it in the first place."

It was only then that the smile on Orochimaru's face was replaced by a surprised then concerned look for Sasuke.

Sasuke gave Orochimaru a knowing look. Whatever Orochimaru was concerned about, it was not the best time to bring it up.

"Weren't you going to be there anyway?", wondered Sakura.

"So you agreed huh? Does that mean you're really going to marry me someday Sasuke-kun?", Karin teased him.

"I never said anything like that!", Sasuke argued.

Kabuto came out again. "The food is ready Orochimaru-san. I've made two more servings just as you have instructed.", he announced.

"All right. Sakura-chan, Karin-chan, join us for lunch.", Orochimaru invited them before heading inside the house after Kabuto.

The two girls looked at Sasuke and he nodded at them. He motioned for them to follow him inside the house.

Sakura and Karin looked at each other before joining Sasuke.

.

.

.

When they reached the dining area, the table for ten had already been occupied by nine people.

Orochimaru sat at the far end.

"Everyone, Sasuke-kun's guest will be dining with us today.", he announced. "These are Sakura-chan and Karin-chan."

The two girls smiled at everyone.

"I would like to introduce the rest of my tenants and your future co-workers this coming summer."

Orochimaru motioned for the four people to his right. He started with the furthest from him. It was a boy wearing a baggy gray jumpsuit and a yellow long-sleeved shirt underneath. "This is Zaku-kun."

"First time bringing someone over and it's immediately two girls. You're the man Sasuke!", the boy grinned at Sasuke teasingly

"Watch it.", Sasuke warned him but the boy kept his smile as he started on his food.

"Next to him are my only two female tenants, Kin Tsuchi-chan and Tayuya-chan.", said Orochimaru.

The girl with long black hair, who was wearing a green sleeveless t-shirt and cargo pants with incognito prints, smiled at Sakura. "You have really beautiful hair." she told her.

She then turned to the girl sitting beside her. "So Sasuke is into red heads."

"Bullshit! If that was the case how come he's never looked at my way once?!", asked the other girl. She was wearing a pink off-shoulder shirt over a black tank top.

"Maybe he knows... like I know so well that your hair is only dyed, Tayuya."

"Fuck off Kin Tsuchi!", the other girl snapped as she looked away, blushing.

"Watch your mouth Tayuya!", the big guy from earlier who was sitting next to Tayuya scolded her.

"You already met Jirobo-kun.", Orochimaru mentioned him and then pointed at the other people sitting to his right. This time he started with the one sitting closest to him.

"My name is Kidomaru." The tanned skin man who had the same hairstyle as Shikamaru introduced himself. "Damn it Sasuke. You always get the pretty ones. Introduce us to some cute girls too."

"Oi, bastard! There are two cute girls living in this dorm with you.", Tayuya pointed out.

"Language.", Jirobo scolded her.

"Shut-up you damn pig. Mind your own business."

"Now, now.", Orochimaru silenced them. "Next to Kidomaru are the twins; Sakon and Ukon."

"Yo!", the one closest to Kidomaru greeted. The twins had the same hairstyle. Their hair was the same length and dyed with the same shade of purple. They even wore the same color of lipstick.

"Visual Key. It's our thing.", the other explained when he noticed that both Sakura and Karin was staring at them.

"Oh.", said Karin

"Of course." Sakura nodded.

"Finally that's Kimimaru-kun.", Orochimaru introduced the next person. "And the one on the bar is Jugo-kun." he pointed at the tall and buff guy with orange hair who was sitting - behind Kimimaru - alone on one of the bar stools.

Kimimaru only nodded at them while Jugo gave them a curt smile before returning to his food.

"So, is that like a band name or something?", inquired Sakura, noticing how the tenants starting from Jirobo had the word 'SOUND' on their shirts.

"Something like that.", answered Kidomaru. "Just one of our stage outfits."

"Stage. You mean for the open mic bar. You guys get to perform?"

"On dull nights, when no one hardly comes on stage.", Sakon told her.

"Or when there's a 'no show'. We fill in the slots.", added Ukon.

"So why isn't Sasuke wearing his?", Zaku brought up, just for the hell of it.

Sasuke stiffened then glared at Zaku.

Sakura and Karin turned to look at Sasuke expectantly.

"Sasuke-kun just recovered from his fever so he's still not coming to work today.", Orochimaru reasoned.

"But, you do perform as well?", Sakura pressed.

Sasuke cleared his throat. "Aren't you hungry? Come on.", he said, implying that she won't be getting an answer very soon.

She led Sakura and Karin to the bar. Sasuke sat at the furthest stool from Jugo. Karin sat next to Sasuke and Sakura took the stool next to Karin, leaving one vacant stool between her and Jugo.

Kabuto appeared in front of them and served them their food.

"Thank you... Kabuto-san, right?", said Sakura.

"Yes. That's correct." he smiled at her. "There's actually two other person who's not here right now. Dosu-kun, who is watching the store right now and-"

"Aaahh!"

Everyone in the room turned to a boy with bleached hair. He was wearing a black sleeveless t-shirt and dark grey sweat pants. He was upset and pointing his finger at Karin.

Karin looked confused while Sasuke sighed and rubbed his temple.

"Why are you wearing THAT/?! I lend that to Sasuke!", he questioned her then turned to Sasuke. "How could you let someone else wear /my cardigan/? That one was my favorite but I went out of my way and lend it to you because I thought /YOU were gonna be the one to wear it!"

Karin quickly stood up and removed the cardigan - Kidomaru whistled in the back - She threw it to the furious boy and turned to Sasuke. "You (sexy) bastard! How could you do that to me? I hugged and sniffed that cardigan all over! Why didn't you tell me it wasn't yours?!"

"You hugged and sniffed my cardigan?!"

"That's enough Suigetsu!", Kabuto tried to calm him down.

"You damn perverted bi- Who the hell are you anyway?! What's your relationship to Sasuke?!", he yelled at Karin as he moved towards Sasuke.

"Why are you the one who's acting like a jealous lover?!", Karin yelled back at him. "I'm the one who should be asking who you are to Sasuke-kun?!"

Both of them glared at each other and then at Sasuke.

"Sasuke-kun?!" / "Sasuke?!"

Sasuke was still trying to think of a proper answer so Sakura tried to appease Karin.

"Calm down Karin. Remember where we are. You can't possibly be this upset over a sweater?"

"/My Sweater/!", Suigetsu stressed. "That this pervert wore. My favorite one too. How am I supposed to even look at it again without feeling /violated/."

"Well I wouldn't have worn it if I had known it belonged to this asshole!"

The other people on the table just watched the whole commotion as they continued eating. If anything, they found it entertaining.

"So the girl with glasses talks dirty. I like her already.", Tayuya commented.

Karin looked at Sasuke again. "Why Sasuke-kun?! I was so happy too, when I thought you were lending me your cardigan."

"For crying out loud! You know what?" Sakura stood up. "Here just take this one." she took off the hoodie.

"And you let it go already!" she told Suigetsu as she held out the hoodie towards Karin.

The hoodie ended up on the floor as the boy with silver hair and green eyes pulled Sakura's hand towards him. "Sakura was it now?", he asked.

"Kimimaru!" Jugo stood up.

"Relax Jugo. I just couldn't help but noticed her beautiful figure.", said Kimimaru.

"Eh?" Sakura was flustered and uncomfortable at the same time

"You're very slim. I like your bony features. Beautifully… accented." Kimimaru now had his other hand feeling up Sakura's forearm up to her elbow. "Would you be interested in becoming a model for one of my sculptures?"

He was about to reach for her collarbone when Sakura felt another boy's hands on her shoulder and then she smelled the familiar sent of Sasuke's cologne again.

"That's enough Kimimaru. You're making her uncomfortable.", Sasuke told him.

He pulled Sakura to the side and out of Kimimaru's hold then he took a step forward so she was behind him.

Kimimaru quickly bowed to Sasuke. "My apologies! I did not mean any ill intent towards your girl. I assure you, I am no treat as I am not interested in her in such a way."

"She's not my girlfriend.", Sasuke informed him.

"Oh. Still, accept my apologies." he looked at Sakura.

"Uhm. It's okay!", Sakura told him. "Sasuke-kun already warned us something like this might happen. So, I'm not really upset or anything... And… s-sorry, but I have to decline about being your model."

"I understand." Kimimaru bowed his head again before returning to his seat.

Jugo also bowed to Sasuke and Sakura. "Sorry about that Sasuke. Sakura. He really didn't mean any harm.", he said as Sasuke picked up his hoodie.

Sakura smiled at him. "No. I completely get it." she assured Jugo as they both sat back down.

Sasuke handed his hoodie to Karin before he also went back to sit on his stool.

Karin, who now held Sasuke's hoodie close to her chest, joined them back at the bar "Sorry Sakura.", she mumbled. "It's all because I was being immature."

"Here." Suigetsu suddenly placed his cardigan over Sakura's shoulder before taking his seat in between her and Jugo. "Sorry. I'm the one who started it I supposed."

"It's fine. Thank you." Sakura smiled at him.

The boy shrugged. "If you wear it, it'll get purified."

A vein popped in Karin's temple but she did her best to stay calm and keep her mouth shut tight.

"Here you go.", said Kabuto as he served Suigetsu his food.

Then he walked towards the dining table and pulled the chair opposite Orochimaru.

As he was sitting down, he found Orochimaru looking very amused while watching the people sitting at the bar.

.

.

.

"Sasuke-kun's room~"

Karin was having the time of her life. She was giggling and fawning over everything that could be Sasuke's possession. "Which one is your bed?", she asked Sasuke.

Sasuke who was standing by the door hesitated before pointing to the bunk bed on the right of the room. Sakura was standing right behind him.

Karin smiled the widest she could manage before she quickly dropped herself on Sasuke's bed. Then she was rolling around it filling every inch of the bed with her body. She stopped as she grabbed one of his pillows and hugged it tight. Then she sat up and giggled. She was as happy as a child who just won a prize.

Sasuke and Sakura finally entered as they now have space in the room since Karin was just contented to stay on the bed. Sasuke set up the low table between the two beds. Sasuke took his school bag off his study table and laid it on the floor next to where he would sit.

"So it's a shared bedroom.", noted Sakura as she sat by the low table. "Which one of them was your roommate?"

As if on cue Suigetsu appeared by the door. "Tsk." he clucked.

"Uhm. Sorry for intruding on your room.", said Sakura.

Karin was suddenly in a bad mood. "Sasuke-kun dear, you better not have had me rolled around his bed this time?!"

"I didn't. Right, Suigetsu?"

"Ah!", the other boy answered irritably. "Just make sure she stays away from my stuff Sasuke!"

"As if, I want to touch your stuff!", Karin sneered at him.

"Karin-chan~", called Tayuya who now wore a black beanie to match her hot pants. She appeared behind Suigetsu along with Kin Tsuchi who was holding a make-up kit and a hairbrush.

Karin looked at them questioningly but couldn't do anything when they pushed past Suigetsu and pulled her off the bed and towards their room across the hallway. "We're borrowing Karin-chan for a while Sasuke!", yelled Kin Tsuchi.

They led Karin to sit in front of their vanity dresser. Tayuya pulled another chair beside Karin. She had Karin faced her so she could apply some make-up. Kin Tsuchi stood behind Karin and started braiding some strands of hair by Karin's left ear.

"Hah! This I gotta see." Suigetsu ended up following them to their room. "You're gonna need a lot more than that to make this one look even close to pretty!"

"Shut up, Suigetsu! You don't know anything!" Tayuya shot him a glare.

"By the time we're done with her, you're gonna regret making such a bad first impression on her. You'd wish you still have a chance with her!", Kin Tsuchi implied.

Suigetsu cackled. "With that kind of face she's gonna need to be caked-up. As if I'd find caked-up girls beautifull!"

Karin started telling him off. "Leave me alone bastard. I don't care if you think I'm ugly! Go away already!"

When Sasuke was sure Karin wasn't really troubled by what the two girls were doing to her, he finally went to sit in front of Sakura.

"Is she gonna be okay?", asked Sakura.

Sasuke nodded.

Sakura pulled out some papers from her shopper. She passed them over to Sasuke. "These are your homework. You can use your book if you want. But would you like to go over the lessons we've tackled during your absence first?"

"I think I'll try and answer what I can for now."

"Okay. Can I also work on my own thing while you're doing that?"

"Is it homework for Sasori again?"

"Yes. But I actually want to try your suggestion. I might ask him to call me tonight so I want to start reading this module so I can be prepared to give him a lecture."

"Go ahead.", said Sasuke as he took out his book and a mechanical pencil.

"Thanks." Sakura took out a folder from her bag.

Sasuke did a double take when he glanced at the thick module. He raised an eyebrow. "Didn't you tell him that we have our finals soon? Don't you have your own studying to do?"

"I'm okay. I still have a lot of time and even if I don't, I can just go over my notes, five minutes before the test. Besides, I go over each lesson with you so that's just as good as studying."

Sasuke raised his eyebrows. "Is that how you've been reviewing all this time?"

"Yup!" Sakura gave him a peace sign. "Aren't I a genius? That's all the studying I need to do."

Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows. "You do realize that you could've done better if- Never mind... Suit yourself."

Sakura opened the book. As she was reading she can't help but glance at Sasuke.

...

"Uhm I'm sorry by the way... for asking for your address without your permission... and for coming here unannounced. Also... thanks for not sending us away."

"I had a feeling that if I sent you away you would've come here anyway."

"You know me so well by now huh?"

Sasuke looked her in the eyes. "Yes, I supposed. I even know most your mannerisms."

Sakura smiled and put down her book. "Now I feel like I want to test that."

Sasuke crossed his arms leaving his activity alone for now. "You reach for your hair clips whenever you feel like you're being judged or misunderstood."

Sakura's eyes rolled up as if attempting to look at her hairclips.

"You hold on to your braids whenever you're extremely anxious.", Sasuke added.

Sakura pressed her lips together and flipped her braids to the back of her shoulders.

And when you're actually feeling really happy, you do the mouth guard move."

"Mouth guard?" she crinkled her nose.

"You know when you have your hands cover your mouth."

"Oh."

"It's supposed to be a gesture that can suggest or mean a lot of things but… for you however, you tend to do that because you think you'll end up looking goofy with a huge smile on your face."

Just as Sasuke said this Sakura's hands were almost over her mouth. She immediately removed her hand and tried to control her lips from forming a smile.

"Okay. So you're right about those. I can't believe you actually paid attention to that."

Sasuke finally started on his work. When Sasuke had to shift around looking for an eraser Sakura found herself staring at his tattoo.

"I on the other hand, just learned that you had a tattoo.", she told him. "Did Orochimaru-san do that for you?"

"Aa."

"Is there any particular reason why you got that?"

Sasuke glanced at her before looking back at his homework. "I have two puncture wound scars right there. It's small but it's very visible. Orochimaru suggested the tattoo as a cover up."

"Hm~ So Sasuke-kun, you're not perfect after all."

"Of course I'm not perfect. Why would you assume that I was?"

"It's just that, I didn't expect you to have any physical flaws. I mean, you're very handsome and all-" Sakura blushed when the realization of calling Sasuke handsome had hit her.

"..."

"Anyway!" she tried to move on with the conversation. "I've been wrong about you so far so..."

"So far?"

"Oh, I had this assumption that students avoided you because you actually did something seriously wrong. As it turns out you were just being estranged, although you're pretty much aloof all on your own."

"Aa."

"But you're actually not a bad guy aren't you Sasuke-kun? ... You even told me that if you hadn't fainted at school you could've fainted at work or at home... alone. You lied so I wouldn't feel bad about myself."

"That's..."

"Ah no! I'm not upset or anything. Not at all... That's one other thing I was wrong about you. I thought you were really alone. But you're actually doing so well here... I'm glad that there's a place where you don't exist as just a shadow of Naruto. Where people won't treat you based on whether or not Naruto is your friend."

"..."

"But Sasuke-kun, you know that Naruto really wants to go back to the way the two of you were right?"

"Aa."

"You know, he's worried about you? Kakashi-sensei too. You're gonna have to go home eventually. I can only asked Orochimaru-san to hold off on your rent until the end of August."

"..."

"You can't run away forever. So, please think about it carefully."

"Sakura... Whatever happens... That will be the last-"

"Sasuke-kun! Sakura!", Karin called them as she quickly came back to his room.

Sakura looked behind her and saw how pretty Karin was at that moment.

The make-up wasn't overdone at all. She was not wearing her eyeglasses and her hair was braided from her left side and ended in a side swept ponytail to the right.

Behind her, Tayuya and Kin Tsuchi were teasing Suigetsu who was extremely irritated but definitely blushing. He ended up walking away from the two who then returned to their room looking very victorious.

"Wow Karin! You're so pretty!", Sakura praised her.

Karin smiled at her then turned to Sasuke. "Ne, Sasuke-kun. What do you think?", she asked him.

"Hn."

"Eh. That's it?! Say something else will you!" Karin sounded disappointed.

She made a move to sit on the floor beside him and started pulling on his arm.

Sasuke ended up dropping his eraser. "Oi. I'm trying to write here."

The eraser fell on the floor and rolled under his bed.

"I got it.", said Sakura since she was closer to it.

She bent over a little and reached for it. That's when she saw something under his bed.

"Eh, Sasuke-kun...", she said catching Sasuke's and Karin's attention. When she sat back up she held another object aside from his eraser. "I didn't take you for the type to keep a scrapbook."

Sakura grinned as she placed the eraser on the table. Then she made a move to open the scrapbook.

"Sakura that's..." Sasuke tried to stop her.

She opened a random page and saw that it was filled with printed pictures of places and landmarks. There were some Polaroid pictures of people and sticky notes. Most of them had the names of people written on it. Some had directions to probably the places featured in it. It looked like someone's travel log or better yet a travel guide.

Sakura found herself checking the first page and he saw a dedication meant for Sasuke.

"To my dear Otouto-" she read and stopped there. She looked up from the scrapbook and saw that Sasuke looked upset.

Karin was sympathetic.

Sakura suddenly felt guilty. She closed the scrapbook and handed it to Sasuke. "I'm sorry I looked. I didn't know it was..."

Sasuke took it and shook his head "I, It's not really meant for my eyes only but I just... I just want to keep it for myself. To keep him to myself... at least for a bit... longer."

"No. I understand! I won't ask about it. You don't need to tell us if you don't want to.", Sakura asserted.

"Aa."

"Sasuke-kun." Karin wanted to comfort him but then her phone rang at that moment. She checked who the caller was. "It's my father. I have to take this." Karin excused herself and left the room.

"Uhm. Sorry. I'm really sorry!" Sakura bowed as she apologized to Sasuke again.

"Stop that already. I'm not mad really."

"But..."

"I can see it from this angle you know."

"Eh?" Sakura raised her head and found Sasuke looking away with a light blush on his cheeks. That's when she remembered that her sundress had a wrap neckline and Sasuke could only mean her almost non-existent cleavage.

She immediately straightened her back and had her hands crossed over her chest. "So-Sorry about that! Y-You looked away right? You didn't really see anything?!" she blurted out while blushing heavily.

"What's there to see? You're obviously flat- I mean. Yes. I didn't see anything!" Sasuke talked in his usual stoic manner but Sakura could tell he was being sarcastic.

"Of all the times you chose to be funny Uchiha-"

"Guys!", called Karin as she came back. "I have to go."

.

.

.

The three of them were walking by the playground. Sasuke wore his black hoodie again while the other two left his dormitory wearing only what they originally had on earlier.

"I'm really sorry the two of you didn't get to do much studying because of me.", said Karin

"I can manage on my own.", Sasuke told her.

"I need to cross right here.", said Sakura as they arrived at the overpass.

"Hn." Sasuke nodded. "Get home safe. I'll help Karin get a cab."

Karin smiled at Sasuke then turned to Sakura. "Get home safe Sakura. See you tomorrow."

"Bye!", she waved at them.

Sakura ascended the stairs and walked all the way to the other side of the flyover. As she descended, a bus was coming towards the bus stop up ahead..

She got on the bus and found herself a seat. She looked back and out the window and saw Karin wrapping her hands around Sasuke's arm again as they waited for a cab to drive by.

Sasuke seemed more eager than Karin, to hail a cab as soon as possible.



/"How long have you been in love with Sasuke-kun?"/

/"Since Junior High, I guess."/

/"There's a warm, gentle person inside of there somewhere... Sasuke-kun is really kind. People just didn't see it. But I did."/

/"Sasuke-kun is... so lucky to have you."/



Sakura pulled out her phone and started typing a message for Sasori.

Hey, Can you call me tonight? This new homework you said you needed my help with, I may actually have a few things to teach you about it.

She was excited as she waited for his reply.

Her phone eventually vibrated and she checked her message just as the bus started to move.

Sorry Sakura. I don't know if I'll have time for that tonight. This party is far from over but I'm already tired. I just want to go home and sleep. Just send it to me by e-mail when you're done okay?



/"You'd think he'd at least want to use that as an excuse to just listen to your voice."/



Sakura's smile vanished. Before she knew it, she had started to compare Sasori to Sasuke.



/"You don't have to wait with me until the bus gets here."/

/"Sakura! ... Get home safe."/



"…"



/"If you look close enough you'll see his kind gestures and find a sweet side to him, hidden somewhere deep inside all that hard and stoic surface."/



Sakura remembered when Sasuke had held out his sweater to her...

She remembered when she pulled her away from Kimimaru's grip and stepped in front of her...



/"I think you're going to become a good boyfriend.../



She remembered what she saw as she walked behind Sasuke and Karin earlier - her hands around his arm...



/...to that lucky girl out there someday."/



And then she saw herself replaced Karin in that image.

Sakura gasped.

['N-No way.']

.

.

.
Sign up to rate and review this story