Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

3.3

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-23 - 3817 words - Complete

0Unrated
(3.3)

XXXXXX

"/Three sentences."/

"Sa...suke...kun?"

After a brief awkward moment between them, Sakura stepped out and closed the door behind her. "What are you- How did you know where I live?" She tried to be casual.

Sasuke raised the paper bag he had with him towards her. "Homework."

"Did Kakashi-sensei sent you... to return the favor?", asked Sakura as she reached for the paper bag.

"A-Aa."

Sakura took the bag from him "I'm sorry f-" and was disoriented with how heavy it actually was. He made it look like it was so light. "I'm sorry for your trouble. I thought Ino would be the one bringing these to me.

['So he was at school.']

I was afraid you'd have quit school by now." Sakura surprised herself by voicing that out.

Sasuke looked like he was about to give her a rhetorical remark but he immediately closed his mouth as soon as he had opened it. He averted his eyes from her and shifted his weight from one foot to the other then placed his hands inside his pocket. He looked back at her but quickly lowered his gaze to her bare feet.

He eventually realized he was staring at her twitching toes for far too long so he lifted his head and faced her. He took a deep breath before saying, "So that's how you wear it at home."

Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed and he looked away again. He seemed like he mentally punched himself for not coming up with something better to say.

When Sasuke looked at her again, she was just staring back at him in confusion.

"Your hair." he raised his chin to motion for the top of her head.

Sakura blushed and immediately covered her exposed forehead. She had just remembered that her fringes were neatly drawn back by the headband. "Oh. I'm-"

She quickly removed the headband and her hair swayed as it broke free. Then she shook her head to allow some of her hair to fall forward and frame her face. "Sorry. I'm not very comfortable with other people seeing my forehead."

Sasuke suddenly turned around.

Sakura realized that this was the third time Sasuke had swiflty moved to turn away from her. The first time was when he walked in on her shirtless in the infirmary. The second was-

The memory from that night resurfaced. They stood close to each other. His hands on her waist. Her hands on his chest. They were looking at each other. Suddenly he let her go, stepped back and looked away.

Like he did now.

Her thoughts. His actions. It was all too much for her. She blushed.

"I'll go ahead.", Sasuke excused himself and walked away without even looking at her again. "I'm glad you're not really sick."

Sakura's gaze followed Sasuke's retreating back. "Sa- Sasuke-kun. I... Get home safe...'kay." she almost whispered the last few words.

"Aa."

Sasuke walked on along the path and out through the front gate.

Sakura opened the door to get back inside and found that her father and mother had been eavesdropping the whole time.

"O... Otousan?! Okaasan?!", she called them out; the realization of having said the first words to her mother after a long time, hitting her a second later.

Sakura and Mebuki looked at each other awkwardly while Kizashi rubbed the back of his head looking very apologetic.

Mebuki shook off her discomfort and cleared her throat. "You could've at least offered him tea.", she told her.

"Yes sweetheart. Why didn't you ask him to come in? Who was he by the way? I forgot to ask for his name? He said he was your classmate."

"Yes he is."

"First boy who had the courage to come here though.", Mebuki noted. "Even your 'Sasori' still don't have the guts to show his face to us, in spite of him leading you on-"

"Ahahaha~" Kizashi forced out a laugh. "Now, now! Honey don't start again." he told his wife then turned to Sakura. "So, what was his name?

"Uchiha Sasuke."

"Uchiha? Sounds familiar. Anyway, he was fairly polite. Aloof... but polite.", Kizashi remarked. "So what did he come to bring you?"

Sakura remembered the paper bag she held. "Oh. Homework."

Mebuki sighed then walked through the door that connected their residence to the bath house.

Sakura and her father watched her walk away.

"Despite what she says, she does care about your education. She's not very happy with you skipping school. Whatever it is you're doing, get it done as soon as possible so you can go back to school, okay?"

"Yes Dad."

"Oh my, I just remembered that I was in the middle of making dinner!" Kizashi frantically ran towards the kitchen.

Sakura closed the door behind her and dialed Ino's number.

"Ino! That favor I asked you. Never mind. Sasuke-kun brought my homework."

"I know. He took it from me and said he'd bring it to you instead... since he's your partner."

"Huh? I thought Kakashi-sensei asked him to?!"

"Is that what he said?! Kakashi-sensei asked me. But, after class, Sasuke came up to me and insisted. Demanded, actually."

"He did?" Sakura found herself smiling.

['That liar.']

"Uh-huh. He wouldn't let me pass until I hand your homework to him. And when I gave in, he walked away with it only to come back and ask for your address. It was sort of... cute."

['So he really doesn't hate me?']

She sighed.

"Sakura."

"Yeah?"

"Just... remember what we talked about, okay? Remember your promise."

"Ino. I told you-"

"I know! I know. It's just that, I still can't shake this feeling that you like him and that he might... I think Sasuke li-"

"He knows I love Sasori!", Sakura interjected. "We talked about... him- Sasuke and I talk about him a lot, actually. He even calls Sasori /my boyfriend /already. He thinks we're already... so~ ", Sakura sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than Ino.

"Sakura."

"By the way, this is a lot of homework for being absent for only a couple of days." she changed the subject.

"Wha-... Er... There should be three handouts there. And the reviewer I bought for you. I forgot to give it to you that night."

"Just that? Why is it so heavy then?" Sakura put down the paper bag in front of her and bent over to check its contents. She found the handouts and the brown paper bag that she recognized from the book store.

"Anyway, thanks Ino."

"No problem."

Sakura ended the call and took out the brown paper bag that was actually the reason why it was so heavy. Sakura bit her cellphone strap to free her hand of her phone.

['Was that reviewer this thick?']

She studied the bag and realized that it looked too new to be the same one Ino had days ago. It was definitely from a recent purchase.

She opened it, and inside she found two books tightly pressed against one another.

['Did she forget to take her own reviewer before giving it to Sasuke-kun?']

She pulled out the books, tearing the bag in the process. She put down the reviewer and her eyes widened when she recognized the other book. It was the book on cardiology that Sasuke had caught her reading before.

She studied what was left of the bag and found no receipt on it. He probably tore it off but she remembered exactly how expensive that book was. She opened the book and on the first page, she found a note.

'I know you're groggy.

Hang in there.

PS: I'm not a fanboy, so no worries okay.'

*\(-_-)/*

-she read.

Sakura closed the book and held it to her chest with one hand. She took her phone back in her other hand when she felt a smile coming along.

An impressed laughter escaped her.

Since she was holding her phone, she used the back of her hand to cover her mouth instead.

['He gave the exact same words back to me.']

Sakura stood still and remained silent for a few good seconds.



Then in one swift motion she placed the book on top of the getabako, slid her feet into slippers and stormed out of the door.

"I'm going out for a bit!", she yelled before slamming the door shut behind her.

"Sakura-chan?", Kizashi called from the kitchen behind the door.

.

.

.

Sakura ran out of their yard and around the bath house. Then she broke into a dash as soon as she reached the street.

.

.

.

Sakura sprinted across the neighborhood.

['Three sentences!']

She wheezed and panted but she kept running.

['Three sentences and he made all my insecurities go away.']

*pant

['I heard it Sasuke-kun!']

*wheeze

['I heard it!']

'I know you're groggy.'

['He's seen me at my worst. BUT. He doesn't hate me!']

'Hang in there.'

['He's cheering me on!']

'PS: I'm not a fanboy, so no worries okay.'

['He's not here to replace Sasori.']

Sakura turned left at a corner and saw Sasuke, down at the end of the street.

Sasuke stood still as he waited for a ride back to Konoha's town proper.

Despite the downward slope, Sakura accelerated to get to him and allowed herself to crash into his backpack.

This time she didn't fall backwards and she didn't let him fall forward either because she opened her arms and wrapped them around Sasuke.

Even when she was sure neither of them would fall, she refused to let him go. From simply holding onto him she shifted her hands to tightly hug him from behind - It wasn't a real hug. After all, his backpack was there to keep her body from pressing up against his.

She let her face sink into the space between his shoulder blades as she allowed her breathing to return to normal, inhaling so much of his sent in the process.

"Sa-Sakura?!"

Sasuke felt Sakura's hold get tighter.

"Ne, Sasuke-kun.", she murmured.

He tried to hold her hand. "W-What?"

"Let's be friends?"

He stopped himself from touching her and let his hands fall to his sides. "Aa."

Sakura inhaled one last time on Sasuke's back before letting him go and stepping backwards.

Sasuke turned around and caught her smiling brightly.

"You look..." he frowned. "When was the last time you had a good night sleep?"

Sakura's hands started feeling all over her face. "Is it that bad? I guess the stress is showing on my face now, huh?"

Sasuke saw the coming bus a couple of blocks away. "Come with me.", he suddenly told Sakura.

"Eh?"

"You need to take a break. Come with me."

"Oh. I- I can't."

"Are you still... wary of me?", he considered.

"No! It's just... I can't go like this." she pulled on the hem of her shirt for emphasis. She even motioned for her mismatched slippers. "I have to run back and change."

The bus pulled over, with its second door adjacent to Sasuke. "There's no time.", said Sasuke as he got on the first step up the bus. He held his hand out to her and arched his eyebrow at her.



['What's with this situation?']

"Mou~" Sakura took Sasuke's hand and he pulled her up into the bus just before it started to move forward.

" Just so you know...", Sakura whispered. "I don't have any money with me."

"I invited you. I got you covered."

Sasuke allowed Sakura to walk towards a seat first.

"So where are we going?", asked Sakura as she flopped down on the seat. Then she scooted closer to the window, letting Sasuke sit beside him.

Sasuke unstrapped his backpack before sitting down. "Somewhere you can vent out your stress.", he told her with a smirk then he adjusted himself to sit more comfortably.

Sakura smiled as she leaned back and relaxed.

Her eyes wandered down on their thighs. Her fair skin was a contrast to his black slacks. It was the first time they sat so close to one another.

Sakura lifted her gaze towards the window. Staring into their reflection, she found the chance to look at his face.

Sasuke took out his phone and called someone.

"Sakon... I need to ask a favor.", he said over the phone.

Sakura's eyes were focused on his pointed nose and down to his moving lips.

"Can you cover for me tonight?"

Sakura turned her head to look at him then.

"Thanks. I'll make it up to you."

"Is this really okay?", Sakura asked him as soon as he put away the phone.

"Aa." Sasuke noticed the phone Sakura had been holding all this time. He opened his backpack and rummaged through its contents until he found a lanyard. "Hang your phone here."

"T-thanks." Sakura accepted the green lanyard with tomato prints. She fought the urge to comment on the design and opted to just smile to herself.

.

.

.

'RINNEGAN'

-The large glowing letters greeted them as they got down from the bus.

Sakura found it hard not to stare at the huge establishment.

The building entourage alone was remarkable. Art pieces were gracefully incorporated all over the landscaping. Some of the foliage along the entry way was decorated with neon lights.

"You know I've never been inside of that mall before. Sasori and Ino have though.", shared Sakura.

"How come?"

"I just never had the time to. Now that I think about it, I declined every invitation Ino gave me. Whenever I leave home it's just for school, to go to the library, attend a study group or to run an errand... Anyway, have you ever been inside there Sasuke-kun?"

"Aa.", he answered.

Sakura crinkled her nose. "Something seems off. Was it always 'Rinnegan'?"

"It used to be 'Sharingan'."

"Oh yeah. That's right. They changed the name at some point.", she recalled.

Sakura took in the remarkable sight one last time. She sighed and started walking towards the less prominent commercial establishments around the vicinity.

"So, which way Sasuke-kun?"

She stopped when she realized Sasuke wasn't making any move to follow or lead her. She turned around and saw that he hasn't move an inch from where he stood. "Sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke was smirking.

"Uhm?"

"It's this way." he motioned for the mall.

"You're joking right." Sakura surveyed the people walking in and out of the establishment at that hour. Then she looked back at Sasuke who only shook his head.

She was suddenly anxious. "I don't belong! I don't think the guards would let me in. What would we be even doing in there?", she blurted out.

"I don't ever recall this place implementing a strict dress code." Sasuke motioned for her to follow him. "Come on."

Sakura stepped back. "How about a stroll instead? We could go around and check-"

"I bailed on work so I can bring you here. We're going in."

"I..."

"Are you going to make me come and get you?"

"But..."

Sasuke moved towards her and reached for her hand. "Let's just go in. It's going to be fine."

"No. Wait!" Sakura struggled as Sasuke was pulling her and in an attempt to keep herself in place, she put all her weight down on her legs.

It was futile effort.

Sasuke pulled her again. "Come on."

Sakura stumbled forward a little as her big slipper couldn't stay on.

Sasuke held her hands and supported her as she hopped and skipped on one leg to keep herself from falling.

Sasuke chuckled as he used his leg to pull and kick the slipper back under Sakura. "See? Now stop struggling. How are you going to enjoy yourself if you're not comfortable with what you're wearing?"

"That's why I wasn't keen on going out like this.", she said as she stepped into her slipper.

"And that's why we need to go in. Don't worry. As I said, I got it covered." Sasuke left only his right hand holding her left hand. "Now seriously, come on!" he pulled her again and this time Sakura let him lead her towards Rinnegan.

.

.

.

The whole way to the entrance, Sakura had shifted from Sasuke's left side to his right. She walked along his side that allowed her to hide from the most people.

As soon as they were at the door, they were inspected by the guards. Sakura noticed how the female guard eyed her up and down.

Sakura moved forward and out of the way. She patiently waited for Sasuke who was having his backpack inspected by the other guard.

Customers, coming in and going out of the establishment gave her a judging look.

Sakura combed her hair with her fingers. Then she joined her hands in front of her and started swaying her body while she pressed her lips together.

Sasuke found himself smirking at her awkwardness and discomfort.

As soon as the guard was done expecting Sasuke's bag, he let him move onward. "The mall will be closing in a couple of hours sir."

"It's fine." A formally dressed, skinny male appeared. "Uchiha-san is a V.I.P. guest." the red haired man announced.

Both guards gawked at his introduction.

"Nagato-san.", Sasuke greeted the man.

"Hello Sasuke. It's been a while."

"Uchiha-san.", the male guard called him.

Sasuke turned to him and found the man lowering his head in a bow.

"Apologies for not recognizing an Uchiha. Please take as long as you like, Sir."

Sasuke only nodded at him before turning back to Nagato.

Sakura was gaping. Then she discovered that the female guard had also bowed to her. "Forgive me Miss. I hope I did not offend you.", she told her.

"Well then, right this way." Nagato motioned for them to follow him.

Sakura was still in the middle of thinking of a proper response to the female guard when Sasuke took her hand again and pulled her away from the entryway.

Nagato led them up to the second floor and towards a stall.

A woman with bluish black hair greeted them. She had a white floral ornament on her hair. Based on her semi-formal dress, she was not one of the sales clerks.

Nagato looked at Sakura. "Miss~"

"Oh, Sakura.", she introduced herself.

"Very well. Miss Sakura. This is Konan. She will assist you.", Nagato introduced the two of them to one another.

"This way Miss Sakura.", Konan invited her inside.

Sakura looked at Sasuke.

"Just pick whatever you like.", he told her.

"Miss Sakura?", Konan called her again.

When Sakura followed Konan she realized Sasuke was not coming with them. She saw him walking towards the atrium with Nagato.

.

.

.

Sakura looked around and checked the shoes on display. She couldn't find a single pair of shoes to like.

"Uhm, don't you have sneakers or something?", she wondered.

"Miss?... A-Are the products not to your liking?"

"Oh no! They're all lovely. It's just that, none of this would match what I'm wearing."

"Oh. There's no need for concern Miss. You may just choose any from the apparels on display to change into.", said Konan. She was kind but kept everything formal.

"What? No! I-" she leaned in closer towards Konan. "I didn't bring any money with me. Sasuke-kun's going to pay for it so I can't burden him with anything more than shoes.", she whispered.

"If he's going to pay for them then you needn't worry. Whatever purchase he makes, he is entitled a very generous discount."

"R-Really?"

"Yes Ma'am. It's one of his privileges for being the owner's nephew. Although he would have more privileges if he only made his position as an Uchiha heir, official."

"Oh." Sakura was shocked. "I wasn't aware this establishment was owned by the Uchihas."

"It used to be his parents' but… after the accident; his uncle took over, hence the name-change. Uchiha Obito is currently recognized as the owner of all their properties until Sasuke is ready take over. "

"I... see." Sakura glanced through the glass panels that separated the inside of the store from where Sasuke and Nagato were.

"So, Miss?"

Sakura turned to face Konan again.

"Is there any specific type of clothing you like?"

.

.

.

Sakura wandered into the atrium. She now wore a red sleeveless sheer-detail collared blouse, dark green high-waist denim shorts. For her footwear, she settled for a simple pair of flat shoes. She kept the clothes she changed out of in a paper bag.

She walked by a concession stall that sells male perfumes and caught the familiar scent of Sasuke's cologne.

The sales lady smiled at her. "Would you like to buy a perfume, for your boyfriend?"

"Ah, no. Sorry. I just thought the scent was familiar."

"Your boyfriend must've been a customer here. It's quite a popular brand for men but its only available here in Rinnegan."

"I see."

"Must be nice to have a rich boyfriend." the sales lady sighed. She then cleared her throat and straightened herself when she realized that she had said that out loud.

Sakura just gave her a small smile.

The sales lady bowed to her as she walked away.

.

.

.

Sakura found Sasuke right in the very center of the atrium. He was looking up into the fabulous central art piece hanging on the ceiling. It looked like a more complex design of Sasuke's 'mitsudomoe' inspired tattoo. Surrounded by expensive looking chandeliers, it was even more stunning to look at.

"Sasuke-kun?", she called him.

Sasuke looked down from the ceiling to face her.

"Uhm, Konan insisted I changed into these. I hope it's not too much for you."

"Are you okay with that?"

"This were the only clothes in that store that suited my style.", said Sakura as she started pulling her shorts down.

"Do you want to check out another store?"

"Oh no! That's not it. What I meant was, this was the most simple. Everything else was too elegant or fashionable, or whatever that's called, for me... Hehe, Too much ruffles or fringes or studs everywhere... Er... look by the way… I matched my outfit with your lanyard." she held the object hanging around her neck for emphasis.

"Aa."

"You know... I keep forgetting that you're one of the kids born with a silver spoon.", she murmured.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, you live in a dorm where you have to share a room with someone. You work at night, waiting tables. You take the bus. You wear simple clothes. And then all of a sudden... you bring me here and..." Sakura glanced at the stall she had come from.

Sasuke also glanced at the store then back at Sakura.

"I was just reminded that you're 'the' Uchiha Sasuke.", said Sakura as she looked at Sasuke again.

"And how should I take that comment?", he asked her.

"As a compliment!", she quickly answered.

"Very well." he smirked.

She smiled.

"Ready?"

Sakura nodded.

"Follow me."

.

.

.
Sign up to rate and review this story