Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

3.5

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-23 - 3635 words - Complete

0Unrated
(3.5)

ECHOES

"/These cold hands…"/

Sakura woke up to the sound of her alarm. With half-lidded eyes she began feeling for her phone under her side of the pillow. She pulled it out and the sound that was being muffled by the pillow got louder and clearer.

A hand suddenly smacked Sakura on the face.

Now fully awake, Sakura rolled out of the bed and glared at her attacker.

"Five more minutes.", Ino mumbled in her half sleep state. She turned around and pulled the blanket over her head.

'Wake-up-call:USasuke'

-she read the reminder.

Sakura turned off her alarm and glanced at her study table and saw the book Sasuke had given her on top of the stack of books.

Smiling, she dialed his number and held the phone to her ear.

After a few rings, Sasuke picked up. "Hn... I'm up! Okay. I'm up.", he said obviously disoriented.

"Good morning Sasuke-kun!", she beamed.

Sasuke and Ino groaned at the same time.

Sakura covered her mouth with her free hand then she slowly and quietly made her way to the balcony. She closed the sliding door behind her as soon as she was out. "Sasuke-kun? Still there?"

"Aa.", he still sounded tired.

"So is everything okay? Did you talk to your uncle?"

"Aa."

"How did it go?"

She heard him sigh heavily. "It went as usual. I got an earful. Then he let me go, eventually."

"Oh."

"Are you coming to school today?", he suddenly asked.

"No. I want to finish Sasori's- … I can't come today."

"…"

"Sasuke-kun…"

"Aa."

"That project? I know I left you to work on it on your own. And… I really hate that I have to ask you this. … This is really embarrassing but… I-"

['No. I can't. This is wrong.']

"Sorry! That was selfish of me. Never mind. I'd understand if I won't get graded. I'll just talk to the teacher and ask for-"

"I'll take care of it. Just finish what you have to do."

"Sasuke-kun? … Thanks but… really… it's okay. You worked on it alone so, I can't-"

"No. It's not. It has to be presented up front and I don't plan on going up on that podium."

"Sasuke-kun."

"That damn thesis; finish it. Then be here tomorrow for the presentation or I'm not going to submit it at all."

"Eh?! Come on, don't say that. Don't let your efforts go to waste."

"You don't even know if I actually worked on it."

"I know you did. Because Sasuke-kun, you're not a delinquent."

"…"

"Still there?"

"Come to school tomorrow."

"Uhm~?"

"Come and see what I made. We'll submit it together."

"Y-yeah. Thank you Sasuke-kun."

~Beep~

Sakura went back inside her room with a cheerful mood.

"Oi! Ino-pig! You're going to be late! Hurry up and get out of here so I can start working on Sasori's practice thesis!"

.

.

.

"Ta-da~", Sakura sang as she greeted Sasuke, upon his entry to the classroom - her actions getting a lot of attention from the other students.

"As we agreed upon, I am here for the presentation."

Sasuke nodded then made his way to his seat.

"Oh. I just remembered."

Sakura went through her things and pulled out a folder. Then she moved towards Sasuke who had just sat down on his seat.

"I'm done! The book you got me was actually very helpful. The explanation on blood circulation gave me an idea and I found a way to make Sasori's design more feasible."

Sasuke rested his left elbow on the side of his desk that was not occupied by the folder and Sakura's hands. Then he leaned his cheek on his left hand.

"I was able to pinpoint the reason why his design could not work with any existing medical procedures. Now all he has to do is make the necessary adjustment and he's done.", Sakura added.

Sasuke's eyes wandered from Sakura to Ami's group who were stealing mean glances at them.

"Anyway before I send Sasori an e-mail, I thought I'd ask Nurse Rin to take a look at it. I wanted her opinion on whether I was able to write a convincing piece. But I have no way to know when she's around or not busy so I thought I'd ask Karin to hold onto it and hand it to Nurse Rin when they see each other."

"I can hand this to her during lunch for you?", Sasuke offered. "You have to report to the faculty for your make-up quiz right?"

"Ho~ Sasuke knows the drill so well.", she joked. "Well, if it's not any trouble?"

"Hn."

"Okay. Thank you." Sakura straightened herself. "So, show me what you've got so far for the presentation."

.

.

.

"I'm so hungry!", Tenten announced as she stepped out of the classroom followed by Ino. The rest of the female students also made their way into the hallway.

Both girls stepped aside to give way to the students that were now moving along the hallway - Girls move towards the stairwell while boys came out of the room carrying models made from cardboards.

"What's taking Sakura so long?" Tenten wondered.

Ino pointed at the door as soon as she saw Sakura coming out of the room. "Oh. Here she comes-"

Sakura came out of the room, pulling Sasuke's arm carefully so he wouldn't drop the magnificent sculpture that he had built from cardboards.

It was fairly huge and looked like a skeleton warrior. Its chest area was a hollow chamber to allow an item to be placed inside. The item that Sasuke chose to put there; representing its heart, was a small cherry blossom tree, also built from paper and cardboard. The pink construction paper - which the petals of the cherry blossom tree was made of - seemed to shine in contrast to the bluish black paint Sasuke had applied to the rest of masterpiece.

"Haruno!", Iruka called from inside the room.

Sakura stopped and look back into the room through the window. She saw the teacher with the other male students.

Shikamaru looked troubled with the task of carrying his model - a miniature shadow puppet theater that featured a story about a deer and a weasle.

He almost dropped it but Choji came to his aid. Choji's partner, the boy who's always wearing sunglasses, offered to carry their sculpture - a plant that was swarmed by butterflies and other bugs - on his own so Choji could help Shikamaru instead.

Naruto wasn't far away with his nine-tailed priestess sculpture - or at least that's what it was supposed to be had it not been deformed at some areas.

Lee walked pass them while proudly raising his art piece that depicted three human figures - two of them represented a master and student while the third look like it was unfinished or rushed to completion. It was hard to tell if it was supposed to be a man or a woman but it was meant to have long hair.

Neji followed behind Lee with a gloomy presence.

Iruka, without looking away from Sakura, handed him a sculpture of a pig that was pierced and stabbed by multiple weapons.

"I told the boys to bring these to the exhibit room! Where are you taking Uchiha with your presentation?"

Sakura stepped in front of Sasuke. "No! Susanoo is our baby! You can't take him away from us!"

"Baby?!", Tenten murmured.

"And she even named it." Ino palmed her face.

Iruka sent the other boys off as he joined them in the hallway. "If you don't submit that, I won't grade you!"

"But!" Sakura glanced at Sasuke and looked back at Iruka. "But it so beautiful! Sasuke-kun worked really hard on it!" she could just sob any moment.

"And I will grade your group according to your efforts. But you will have to submit that." He motioned for Sasuke to join the other boys making their way to the exhibit room. "Take it away Uchiha."

"No-"

Ino and Tenten suddenly grabbed Sakura by her arms.

"Susanoo!", yelled Sakura as she was being dragged away by the two girls. "My baby! Sasuke-kun! Don't take our baby away!"

"Enough Forehead!", Ino silenced her. "Let's get some food into you. You only have a few minutes for your lunch break since you have to report to the faculty room."

.

.

.

-After school-

Sakura patiently waited by the school gates.

A few moments later, Sasuke showed up.

"Here." he handed back the folder from earlier.

"Thanks." Sakura took it. "So what did Karin say? How did Nurse Rin find it?" she braised herself for negative comments.

Sasuke placed his hands in his pocket. "She said it was pretty good. According to... the nurse, it's as if it was written by an actual medical student. You have a good understanding of the medical field despite your lack of formal education and actual experience."

Sakura held the folder to her chest and smiled. "Really? I'm glad. Sasori will definitely praise me for this.", she said happily. "Thank you Sasuke-kun. Thank you so much. It's because you got me the book and because you helped me relaxed that my mind got refreshed. And also, thanks again for taking this to Karin for me."

"Hold on." Sasuke showed Sakura his palm. "I don't want your thanks."

"Huh?"

"I want to ask for a favor in return."

"W-What favor?"

"Since you're done with Sasori's 'practice thesis', can you help me with my review?"

"Huh?", Sakura tilted her head a little to the right. "Come again?", she said with a smile.

"Can you-" Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows. He knows she heard him the first time.

Sakura smiled at him, expectantly.

"Study with me? Tomorrow? Even if it's just for a few hours. Or could I just- Do you mind if I call you tonight to ask whatever, about any of the lessons?", he just told her, straightforward.

"Oh. Of course!", Sakura's smile grew wider. "I'm glad you're really taking your studies seriously. Sure you can call me anytime. And, yeah. Let's meat at the library tomorrow."

"Aa." Sasuke nodded.

Then, Ino made her way out of the gate accompanied by Temari, Shikamaru and Chouji. "See you around Forehead!" Ino waved at her as she moved along with her group.

"Yeah! Later!" Sakura waved back at her. Then placed the folder inside her bag.

"You're not walking home together?", Sasuke wondered.

"No.", answered Sakura as she started walking. "They're going to do a group study session."

Sasuke walked alongside her. "You're not joining them?"

"It's kind of their trio thing."

Sasuke turned to glance at the group walking in the opposite direction. "The Sabaku girl is tagging along with them.", he said as he returned his gaze upfront.

"She and Shikamaru started officially dating so, I guess they're a package now."

"Why don't you join them as Yamanaka's... plus one?"

Sakura chuckled at Sasuke's vocabulary. "Nah. I'll just feel out of place. Shikamaru and Chouji are common friends but were not really that close."

"So, you're only really close to Ino? Just her?"

"For the longest time, I guess. But now I have you too. Right?"

"Aa."

"Besides, you and I are gonna have our own group study- You know what? Why don't we have one now?" She reached for Sasuke's hand. "Sasuke-kun, let's go somewhere to study!"

She didn't wait for him to respond as he started pulling him towards the overpass.

"Want to go to the library now?"

"Uh, it will probably close soon."

"You're right. Where else can we go?"

...

"Sakura."

"Hm?"

...

"Sakura."

"Yeah?"

...

"Sakura."

"Hold on. I'm thinking."

...

They made it across and were already in front of the convenience store when realization dawned on her face.

She quickly let go of him. "Oops! Sorry! I didn't mean to drag you."

Sasuke shrugged. "Er... I'm used to it- ...by now, I guess."

"..."

Sakura chuckled awkwardly. "Y-Yeah. And it wouldn't be the first time a girl handled you right?!"

['Uh-oh.']

"Huh?" Sasuke was obviously not expecting that remark.

"No. Well. I mean- You're Uchiha Sasuke!

['Where am I going with this?']

"Girls throw themselves at you!", she laughed sheepishly.

['Oh my go- Shut up already!']

"Sakura?"

"Not that it's my business how many girls touched you before! Or how many you've touched for that matter!"

"I-"

"But as a friend! I think I have the right to tell you not to lead Karin on if you're already serious about someone. A girl's heart is fragile you know. You shouldn't take advantage of a girl just because she's in love with you!

['I've crossed the line!']

"Oh. No. No. No. I don't mean to say that you're that type of guy... You wouldn't take a girl just because she offered herself to you... Would you?! ... No! I mean I'm sure you wouldn't! At least you don't look like you would. You look like you're still a virgin! I'm not saying that you 'are' a vigin. Not that there's anything wrong with you being one but- Uh! Urgh, Oh my go- Please don't get offended! ... I-I didn't mean to offend you! Of course you're not a virgin! You're Uchiha Sasuke! And I should really stop talking because your sex life is none of my business."

Sakura's hands were already on her mouth. She should've just stayed quiet but no, she wasn't done yet. "I can't believe i just said 'sex life'! Forget that! I can't believe I called you a 'virgin'!"

The entire time Sakura was talking, Sasuke's face shifted from flushed to cocky and then to amused. He was mentally noting, which statement to affirm or deny or to keep completely censored from her. But it was hard to keep up with everything she had said. By the time she was done talking, he could only closed his slightly agape mouth.

He licked his lips, straightened his back and placed his hands in his pocket.

He stared at the miserably embarrassed girl in front of him. He opened his mouth and was about to say something when a motorcycle caught both their attention.

The motorcycle had been driving by smoothly at first but the driver was suddenly distracted and made an abrupt stop just pass them.

He seemed to be originally headed to the school but now there he is, trying to move the motorcycle from its awkward position in the road.

The driver backed up the motorcycle with the help of his leg then turned it around and slowly drove towards them.

"Sakura!"

Sakura recognized the rider's voice.

The man - wearing a black motorcycle jacket over a red shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of jordan shoes - finally turned off the engine. He removed his helmet, revealing his handsome face. He had ginger hair and russet eyes.

"Hey!", he greeted Sakura with a charming smile. "Oh and... Surprise! I guess."

"Sa...Sasori!" Sakura was suddenly overly happy. Sasuke can confirm that.

As soon as Sasori got off his bike, Sakura helped herself to a hug.

"Whoah!" Sasori was surprised at the sudden contact. The smile on his face never fading, he put his free hand around Sakura's shoulder. "This feels nice."

Sasori gave her a second before gently pushing her off him. "But we have a deal. If you keep this up, I'm gonna have a hard time keeping my word."

Sakura settled for his hand on her head. "Sorry. I just missed you so much!"

"So, who's this?" Sasori turned to Sasuke, still smiling.

"Oh! Sasori, this is Sasuke. Sasuke-kun, Sasori." she introduced them to each other.

"Sasuke... 'kun'?" Sasori stressed. He kept his smile regardless and offered his hand to Sasuke.

Sasuke reluctantly took it. "Hn."

He glanced at Sakura - his action very noticeable to Sasori - and confirmed the genuine smile on her face. Then he looked back to Sasori "I've heard so much about you.", he said as he loosened up and shook Sasori's hand in a more friendly manner.

"Oh really?" It was Sasori's turn to glance at Sakura. "I'm sorry I can't say the same about you."

The two equally tall male drew their hands back.

"You two are~" Sasori aimed the question at Sakura.

"Friends." / "Partners."

Sakura and Sasori both looked at Sasuke.

"...Kakashi... sensei's~"

"Oh. The 'pairing'.", Sasori recalled. "Kakashi-sensei is still implementing that I see. Anyway! ... I'm not... interrupting something here am I?"

Sakura was about to answer, when Sasuke beat her to it. "No. I was about to head home."

Sakura looked at him.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow at her and motioned his eyes towards Sasori.

Sakura smiled at him gratefully.

"I'll go ahead.", Sasuke excused himself.

"See you later Sasuke-kun! And just call me whenever you have a question, like we talked about.", bid Sakura as he walked away, not noticing how Sasori shifted from his position at the mention of the suffix.

Sakura then turned to Sasori "When did you come home?"

"This morning but I'll be going back to Tokyo tomorrow."

"So soon?"

"I'll be back during the break."

"Really?"

"Yes. So, want to get something to eat before I drive you home?"

"Sure."

Sasori had Sakura hold his helmet while he retrieves the spare from his motorcycle compartment.

He helped Sakura put it on then got on his motorcycle before taking his helmet back from Sakura.

He put on his helmet then turned the key and started the engine. Sasori kicked back the side stand before offering his hand to help Sakura get on the motorcycle.

With a smile, she took it-

['They're cold.']

"Something the matter?", Sasori wondered.

"Oh it's nothing.", she told him and allowed him to help her get on his motorcycle. Sakura rested her hands on Sasori's shoulder as soon as she was set.

['His hand was cold. Unlike Sasuke-kun's.']

"Ready?", Sasori asked her.

Sakura nodded.

['But these cold hands are the ones I'm entitled to hold.']

~/Hands down, caught in the middle/

You knew I was waiting for the light

But the days got dark for a little

And they can't see that you're trouble

You said you could change like fire to the rain

But the days stayed dark for a little

I cut my teeth on the words you speak

Getting lost in the echoes

And your young years cover up my ears

Getting lost in the echoes

Cause you built love inside a vacant home

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

You knew my fears would always keep me here

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

I was never yours to hold, no

I was never yours to hold, no

Head high, losing the battle

Cover up your own tracks and take it back

But your days got dark for a little

Found me foolish and fickle

Never change my mind, just gave up on a time

When the days got dark for a little

I cut my teeth on the words you speak

Getting lost in the echoes

And your young years cover up my ears

Getting lost in the echoes

Cause you built love inside a vacant home

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

You knew my fears would always keep me here

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

Never gonna give you hope

Never gonna let you go

Never gonna feel you in my bones

Cause I was never yours to hold

Never gonna lose control

Never gonna be the heart you stole

I'll be burning bright out on my own

Cause I was never yours to hold

I was never yours to hold

Cause you built love inside a vacant home

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

You knew my fears would always keep me here

You put my hand in yours

But I was never yours to hold

I was never yours to hold, no

I was never yours to hold, no

/(ECHOES - Lauren Aquilina)/~

Sasori drove off.

END OF FLASHBACK

The car comes to a stop.

Shikamaru turns the engine off.

"Are you sure you're going to spend the night at Ino's? Won't you be more comfortable back at your own house?", asked Shikamaru as Ino and Sai, who was seated at the back, made their move to get out of the car.

"Yes." Sakura opens the car door. "No one's home anyway. My parents are visiting my grandmother in the countryside.", explained Sakura before getting out.

"Here is fine! Sakura can crash at my house just like old times." Ino appeared beside Shikamaru.

"Although she will have to settle for the couch tonight.", Sai implied.

He was at the back, taking out Sakura's luggage from the car compartment.

Ino blushed and Sakura laughed.

"Thanks for driving us Shikamaru. Oh and... Good luck by the way! I heard you will be asking Temari's brothers for her hand in marriage soon.", Sakura told him.

Shikamaru glared at Ino who didn't look the slightest bit guilty. "Is there anyone at all you haven't shared that information with?"

Sakura took in her surroundings. She looked behind her at the toy store owned by Shikamaru's parents. She then turned back to her friends.

She saw Ino ran to Sai to give him a strong whack in the arm while Shikamaru got out of his car.

The street lights turned on as Sakura walked around the car ready to cross the street.

In front of her is the flower shop owned by Ino's family across the street.

She follows behind Ino and Sai as they walked towards the flower shop.

Halfway across, a black car drives by behind her, obstructing her from view.

.

.

.

/Noir/

.

.

.

/TBC/
Sign up to rate and review this story