Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

7.4

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-24 - 3722 words - Complete

0Unrated
(7.4)

XXXXXXXXXXX

"/You certainly did."/

Sakura, Naruto and Suigetsu were gathered around the table, having lunch.

"Why are we only eating fish cakes and onigiri?", Naruto complained. "What happened to all the food you were cooking up back there?"

"That's for tonight.", said Sakura. "Besides, all we did was prepped the ingredients and marinated the meat. The real cooking starts later. But first, we got to get the next room ready for our honoured guess. We only need one long table."

"Can't you at least like get a real meal done for right now?", pleaded Naruto.

"If you don't like what I made for you then you're free to leave and eat wherever you like, whatever you like.", Sakura snarled.

Naruto chose to drop it. "Sheesh! Someone's still salty. I already apologized like a million times."

"Don't think that's what she's pissed about.", Suigetsu implied but not teasingly. He sounded concerned.

Sakura raised an eyebrow at him.

"Ooh!." Naruto thought of something. "Could it be…"

Sakura and Suigetsu were worried for a second that he caught on.

"You're on your period?", Naruto indiscreetly asked her.

Suigetsu rolled his eyes while Sakura got up from her chair and started walking away, irritably.

"Must be heavy.", Naruto commented.

Suigetsu also stood up, picked up his plate after putting more fish cakes on it and walked away from him as well.

Sakura and Suigetsu stopped when they met Sasuke on his way to the break room. He had changed into all black formal attire. Their eyes were glued to him.

"Looking sharp.", Suigetsu remarked.

Sakura was stunned to see Sasuke wearing expensive clothes for the first time.

"You headed to the hospital now?", inquired Naruto.

"Aa. Kakashi's probably there but he won't stay too long. He's going to want to give us some private family time as soon as my uncle is discharged maybe by early afternoon. I'll somehow find a way to tell him to come here without cluing the other two in. If I happen to see Karin as well, I'll send her early too. I'll leave it to you guys to tell them what's up when they get here."

Sakura nodded.

['Right. Sasuke's making an effort to throw a surprise for his uncle and Rin despite the fact that today is his parent's death anniversary. He doesn't have time to think about anything else.']

"And then you'll ask them to accompany you to the memorial?", asked Naruto.

"Aa. I'll make sure we get here around four. I want to make its an early dinner so Rin and my uncle can be at home by six or seven. I don't want to tire him too much." Sasuke turned to Sakura. "Is that enough time? Can you get everything done by then?"

"Yeah.", Sakura said confidently. "That's more than enough!"

['I too should just focus on helping him right now.']

"Thanks. Sorry I'm relying on you so much right now-"

"Sasuke-kun!"

"H-Hn?"

"Sometimes, saying thank you is enough."

Sasuke looked away from Sakura to glance at both Naruto and Suigetsu individually. Both of their facial expressions say they agree with what Sakura had just said.

"Aa. Th-"

"But!… Save it for later. When this is over, come to me and say it properly. Okay?"

"A-Aa." Sasuke nodded at her and at the others before leaving.



"Okay!" Sakura was pumped. She turned to the other two. "Let's get to work!"

"Yeah!", both Naruto and Suigetsu responded.

"But first, let me finish this.", said Suigetsu before he took a fish cake from his plate and bit into it.

.

.

.

Sakura and Suigetsu had started plating some of the food.

"Naruto!", yelled Sakura. "We're almost done here. How's your end?"



When Sakura heard no reply, she called him again. "Naruto?"

("Come see for yourself!")

Sakura and Suigetsu looked away from their work to stare quizzically at each other.

Suigetsu turned the grill off while Sakura put down the bowl of shiso. The both of them walked towards the service hatch to take a look at what Naruto had proudly accomplished.



"Ta-da~!", exclaimed Naruto. "So, what do you think?"

Naruto had moved aside all but one long table. He had all the unneeded chairs placed on top of the unneeded tables then covered it with black and orange table clothes and curtains. He also placed candle holders of different designs all over any available surface including the table they will be using for the dinner which was also painfully too black and too orange.

Suigetsu raised an eyebrow. "Those must be old Halloween decorations. Where'd he dig those up?", murmured Suigetsu.

"Err…" Sakura was unsure of how to word it. "I don't know Naruto. Seems a bit… It' s dark and creepy."

"Sakura who are you talking to?", Suigetsu jested. "Is it perhaps that floating yellow urchin whatchamacallit?"

"Ha. Ha. Ha.", Naruto responded sarcastically. "Very funny /BEAR TRAP/."

Both men glared at each other.

"I can't believe Sasuke thought about asking you and not me. You're not helpful at all.", Suigetsu started.

"I can't believe you're still here. You weren't invited at all.", was Naruto's response to that.

The tension between the two grew.

"What is your problem with me?"

"What's /your /problem with me?!"

"Stop it, the both of you!", Sakura intervened. "And Naruto, maybe… lessen the orange."

"Or totally get rid of it.", mumbled Suigetsu.

"SOME~", Sakura talked over him. "Red and white would be appreciated with all that black. That's kind of an Uchiha thing. You know, since… this is about /them/. (Not you.)"

"Gotcha!", complied Naruto.



"Whoah! What the hell is all /this /about?", Karin walked into the room accompanied by Kakashi. "So this is where you were?"

Karin wore a maroon duster coat over her uniform. Kakashi was wearing a black dress shirt tucked inside his black straight cut jeans.

"Oh! You're here!", Naruto beamed.

"For a moment there, we thought you and Sasuke had another fight since you didn't show up at the hospital and he wouldn't talk about you.", Kakshi told Naruto.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"It was Sasuke's idea!"

"Sasuke-kun?" Karin looked at Sakura for confirmation.

Sakura nodded.

"I'll explain everything- Err… why don't you help me out with the decorations while I do that.", appealed Naruto.

"Very well~" Karin joined him.

.

.

.

Sakura and Suigetsu stepped away from the hatch and moved back to their work station just as Kakashi entered the kitchen.

"So what's this all about?", he inquired.

"It's to celebrate Obito-san's discharge from the hospital and… a surprise thank you dinner for Rin. Sasuke-kun wanted to show her that he treats her as a part of his family.", explained Sakura.

"Oh!" Kakashi was astounded. "That's… really thoughtful of him."

Sakura smiled at him. "Isn't it?"

Kakashi also had a gentle smile as he gazed at Sakura. "So, anything I can help with?"

.

.

.

Sakura was in the rooftop.

She came to get her uniform that she had hung to dry earlier. She reaches for her blouse and noticed the band aid on her finger.

Smiling to herself, she put the memory of Sasuke almost kissing her at the back of her head. She took her clothes and walked back inside.

.

.

.

Coming back down from the rooftop and on her way to the changing room, she met Kakashi in the hallway.

He was wiping his hands dry with a towel. "I just fixed the faucet."

"Really? Thank you."

"Are you changing into that?", Kakashi noticed the apparels she was carrying.

"Y-Yeah. Suigetsu and I thought that we'd make the dinner more special. We want to make Rin feel like she's a v.i.p. customer so~ /'We will be your waiters for tonight'/.", Said Sakura as she bowed.

"Maybe I can help with that.", said Karin as she appeared behind Sakura. "I'm already wearing my uniform anyway."

Sakura turned to her. "You, Naruto and Kakashi-sensei are all special guest though."

"Come on! Since we're all here, why don't we all work together to make it all the more special."

"I agree.", Kakashi seconded.

"I-I supposed we could."

"It's decided then. Anyway, we're finished decorating. I went ahead and did the table setting as well. Come have a look."

.

.

.

Sakura and Kakashi followed Karin into the room. Suigetsu also peeked out of the service hatch to take a look.

Naruto cleared his throat. "So~ Once again… TA-DA~!"



Karin somehow persuaded Naruto to remove all of the Halloween themed fabric. The tables were now neatly aligned at one corner of the room where it won't obstruct the bar and the stage. Instead of covering it up, she had the lights on that part of the room turned off. The only lighting fixture turned on was the ones directly above the table that will be used for the dinner.

That table was dressed with a white table cloth and a red center cloth. They left a few appropriate candle holders that matched the artificial centrepieces. The table setting consisted of black and white dinner wares and red table napkins.



"Wow Karin! This is perfect!" Sakura was awed. "It's like that table is a totally different world on its own."

"Hm!" Karin was proud.

"It simple and cozy and… feels like being at home. Just the message Sasuke-kun wanted to convey."

"I nailed it didn't I?"

"I helped too Sakura-chan!", beamed Naruto, pointing his finger at himself.

"Uhn! Great work you two!", Sakura complimented them.

Naruto grinned bashfully and Karin smirked while adjusting her glasses.

"How did you know keeping it simple would work?", wondered Sakura.

"I just like this concept.", said Karin. "Focusing the light where it matters. The white table cloth reflecting the light, making the whole thing even brighter. The silverwares sparkling. It's truly a spectacle."

"What was your inspiration?", asked Kakashi.

"A surgical table."

Everyone fell silent for a moment.

"Hm." Kakashi shrugged. "I guess we all know what the red table napkins represent."

"And you said my idea was creepy.", Naruto told Sakura.

.

.

.

Sakura and Suigetsu, who had both changed into their uniforms, were almost done bringing in all the food from the kitchen.

Kakashi and Karin were seated by the bar enjoying their drinks.

Naruto ran into the room. "They're here. Sasuke's trying to get them to come in with him now."

Karin and Kakashi stood up and joined Naruto where they would lie in wait.

Suigetsu hurriedly left the room.

Sakura straightened her uniform and nodded at everyone before walking towards the entrance.

.

.

.

"Welcome~!", Sakura greeted the newly arrived guests while holding the door open for them.

"Oh. Sakura.", Rin smiled at her. She wore a violet dress shirt tucked inside a black high-waist midi skirt."

"I finally got to see you again." Obito recognized her. The man looked elegant and poised in his suit as usual. He was killing the look so well that his walking cane didn't seem like it was there for a practical reason.

Sakura smiled and nodded at him. "Congratulations on getting discharged from the hospital."

"I was informed that you knew both Sasuke and Rin very well from school. And that you work here with Sasuke. When he told me that you would be here today I was more than happy to come in and meet you. I'm sure they've thanked you already on my behalf but… Allow me to say it personally." He bowed to her in gratitude. "T-Thank you for what you did for me back then."

"No. No. Please. Don't mention it. I was glad I could help." Sakura returned a bow. "P-Please come in." She invited them to proceed inside.

"Yes." Obito followed her with Rin and Sasuke right behind him. "I hope we won't take up too much of your time. We know you're bus-"

Pass the waiting area, Obito hardly saw anything as all the lights were turned off in the next room.

"Ah… Sasuke-kun?", said Rin as she and Obito were both puzzled.

Sasuke didn't give her any response. He seemed confused as well.



("Mic Test. Test. Mic.")

"Is that Naruto?", Rin recognized the voice.

(Clears throat "Ladies and Gentleman, let us all welcome our guests of honors for this evening.")

Rin and Obito were taken aback as a spot light was suddenly directed at them.

("Now, if our lovely guests would like to take their seats.")

The light fixtures above the long table lit up revealing the result of everyone's hard work.

"This is…" Rin turned to Sasuke. "Is this… for us?"

"A-Aa." Sasuke nodded a bit puzzled himself.

Sakura led them to their seats. She assisted Obito as he sat down while Sasuke opened a chair for Rin.

Rin was still stunned. "Is this… really happening? Did you really just set us up?", she asked Sasuke.

"Hn. Well… I didn't plan on it being this… dramatic.", he admitted as he sat down.

Sasuke sat at the end of the table. Obito was at his right and Rin was at his left. The couple was seated facing each other.

The spot light shone on Naruto who was standing on the center of the stage. "We are now serving the appetizers.", he announced.

Two more spotlights appeared illuminating Karin and Kakashi who had been standing on each side of the stage. They were both carrying a covered food tray."

"Definitely not this dramatic.", added Sasuke.

"Y-You're here too?!", Rin said to Karin who was approaching her side of the table. Rin was torned between happy and scared.

Kakashi made his way to Obito.

"You were all in it?!", said Obito, calmly.

"Only at the last minute.", Kakashi confessed.

"I did the table set up!", shared Karin. "This design was my idea."

"I helped her.", Naruto said into the mic.

Sasuke cleared his throat.



Karin and Kakashi both laid the food tray in front of their respective charges.

"Even though there's already so much food on the table. What is this?", asked Rin.

Karin and Kakashi removed the cover and revealed a plate with an envelope on it.

The couple both looked at each other once and then back at the paper, curiously.

"As you both know…", Sasuke spoke before they could pick up the envelope.

Karin and Kakashi took it as their cue to leave. Naruto also disappeared.

Sakura too hid herself in the shadows.

"I recently turned eighteen and in accordance to my parent's will, I have received my inheritance as well as my brother's since, I am their only remaining heir. The transfer of all properties and other assets to my name has been made official, making the house, 'Rinnegan' and all other assets my parents left behind, officially mine. It also means that…" Sasuke looked at Obito seriously. "Gandfather has lost his privileges as the trustee and therefore, I can now revoke his decision to appoint you as the temporary managing director of Rinnegan."

Rin fell silent while Obito looked on at Sasuke with a blank expression.

"I have the executive right to appoint myself or anyone I deem fit to be the new and official managing director for Rinnegan. You can resume working for Grandfather or… if you prefer, you can pursue a better career opportunity. Even if grandfather doesn't like it, I'll make sure he puts in a good word for you." Sasuke then turned to Rin. "The same goes for you Rin."

"I-I don't understand." Rin was sad. "I- I… There's nothing left in Tokyo for us. For him/. Obito, he- He… Ever since he moved here, he has done all that he could to keep your parent's assets and businesses alive. He… He almost died working so hard- Your grandfather's decision to appoint him… He proved it to be the right one. Your grandfather knew that. I thought that /you knew that. I… What is this Sasuke-kun? What is all this for then?"

Rin did all she could to keep herself from having a breakdown. Obito however took the words like a professional businessman would – calmly and maturely.

"I supposed this is my severance contract.", Obito assumed. "And that would be a life changing offer for Rin. A consolation for everything she had lost when she made the decision to follow me here."

Sasuke nodded. "If you both agree and accept it, it should be more than enough to help you and Rin start over. You will even be able to start a family of your own."

Obito let out a sigh as he finally picked up the envelope.

"Sasuke-kun, this- This was all Obito had. This is all he has now. His job here… You! Konoha became a home to us."

Sasuke lowered his head in apology.

Rin was unhappy and dissatisfied but she also picked up her envelope.

Rin opened the envelope and took out the letter inside. She unfolded the paper and was surprised by the first few words she read. She looked at Obito to see if he had the same reaction to what he was reading.

Obito seemed moved by what he was reading as well.

Rin glanced at Sasuke once again and he nodded for her to continue reading. She gradually became more emotional as she read what was written on the paper.

"This is… a Deed of Absolute Sale."

"Aa.", Sasuke finally smiled. "I never said that you had to move back to Tokyo."

"But… I… it's your parent's house. It's your house."

"It is… at least for a little bit longer.", said Sasuke. "At least until Ojisan signs it. Then, it's 'officially' his. And yours."

"You're giving it to us… just like that? Your parent's house? I… We can't accept it. Obito won't accept it."

"Aa. Uchiha pride. If we want something we have to work hard for it. We can't take what isn't ours and we can't keep what we haven't earned. So. No. I'm not giving it away for free. I'm selling it."

"We… Obito can't afford it. He may have acted as the managing director but he still only works for your grandfather. How will we pay for it?"

"With an advance loan.", Obito concluded. "Is that right?", he asked Sasuke.

Sasuke nodded.

Rin turned to Obito and he showed her what his envelope contained.

"This is a business contract.", said Obito as he handed her the paper. "He's hiring me."

"Hiring you? For what?"

"Well… we recently have a vacancy at my company.", Sasuke implied.

The couple quickly looked at him expectantly.

"My company needs a new managing director but the thing is, I'm already committed to a prior engagement.", explained Sasuke. "I have accepted Grandfather's terms. I cannot do both things so I'm gonna need someone to look after my assets."

Rin's hands went over her mouth. She was getting teary eyed.

"Someone who won't consider this job as just a stepping stone.", continued Sasuke. "Someone who would love this company as much as my parents' did. Someone who would stay and commit to it. And unlike the circumstance of the /previous/, that I had to let go, I was hoping he could be more… /Permanent/."

Obito reached for Sasuke's shoulders. He was trying so hard to hold his tears back.

They both looked at Rin who was already a mess. "Sasuke-kun, y-you're so sneaky! You got us all worked up!", she whimpered.

"So I take it you're accepting the offer?"

"YES!" / "I… I'll have my resignation letter on your grandfather's desk by noon tomorrow?"

Obito squeezed Sasuke's shoulder one more time before letting go and allowing him to turn to Rin and meet her hug.

"Then…" Sasuke signalled Sakura. "You're both going to need these."

Sakura came out from hiding and walked towards them. She then handed each of them a small black box tied with a red ribbon.

Rin opened her box first and was moved when she found what was inside. "This is…"

"It's about time.", said Sasuke.

Rin was delighted. "Yes. Yes it is. Thank you Sasuke-kun."

"On that note." Sasuke turned to Obito who had to pause and stare at the content of his box.

"Obito?"

"That was my mother's. I want you to have it.", said Sasuke. "Don't worry I already asked for her permission. And you were both with me a when I did."

"First your house… and now… /this/." Obito couldn't hold his tears back any longer at that point.

"What's wrong Obito?" Rin asked him worriedly.

"But… what will you have left from your family?", Obito implored.

"You are my family.", Sasuke told him matter of fact. "And so is she."

Rin experienced a new surge of happiness.

"When you'll put it to use is up to you but… not trying to rush you and all, I think now would be a very good time.", said Sasuke before standing up and receding to where Sakura was watching the whole thing.

"What is it Obito?" What did you get?" Rin was now very eager to know what his gift was.

After careful consideration, Obito also stood up and moved closer to her, carrying the small box.

Obito showed her a hyosatsu for the house that had his name.

Rin smiled and showed him that Sasuke had given her a duplicate of the house key. "This is what I got."

"You know my box had two gifts inside." He reached for her hand and helped her up.

"Obito?"

Just when Rin thought nothing else could make her happier, Obito got down on one knee.

"Are you serious?!"

"Rin Nohara. Will you marry me?" He held out an engagement ring to her.

"I... Oh my- Y-YES!"

The couple smiled at each other, overjoyed.

Rin had to help Obito up slowly. "Careful now."

~POP-POP~

Rin and Obito found themselves covered in confetti. They turned their heads and saw that Kakashi, Karin and Naruto had reappeared and were now beside Sakura and Sasuke.

"Congratulations on your engagement!", they chorused.

~POP~

Naruto's launch was delayed.

Everyone broke into a fit of laughter as the room brightens up.



Somewhere in a corner, Suigetsu had raised a lever.



The three special guests fawned over the couple, giving them personal congratulary statements.

"Well. You did it.", Sakura told Sasuke.

Sasuke smiled at Sakura before leaving her to join the others.

Sakura watch him walk away with a gentle smile and a light blush.

['You certainly did.']

.

.

.

A/N: Yeah, well. You know~ This is one of those... Sorry. Okay. Bye.
Sign up to rate and review this story